I was diagnosed with very low levels of vitamina d3, so my doctor prescribed me one 50.000 UI pill per week

I was diagnosed with very low levels of vitamina d3, so my doctor prescribed me one 50.000 UI pill per week.
Isnt this a very high dose? Would be better to take one 7.000 UI pill per day?
Pic unrelated.

instead of asking a random image board for help, why don't you trust a trained professional who has dedicated 10 years of their life to their craft.

faggot.

Why would you know better than your doctor, and also why are you asking here?

It's almost quite literally the same damn dose

My only doubt is if there is a difference between daily and weekly vitamin d pills

I would think a lower daily dose would be the best way to do it. 50.000 UI pr.week seems a little excessive

>I don't trust doctors option
>So how can I change the recommendation so it's different from what the doctor said, but still kinda follow what the doctor recommended but not?

How can you be so stupid you'd rather take medical advice from random weightlifters than your actual doctor, jesus fuck.

source pls

Taking things in smaller doses over time rather than the same amount all at once is usually better, but I'm not a doctor, and I don't know your specific case.
Could always ask your doctor, or get a second opinion from another doctor.

go to a different doctor to make sure

u know that doctors can be wrong, too?

>get advice from professionally trained doctor
>go home and ask random people on an macanese spiderfight betting forum
>you couldve just asked the doctor
>literally trained to explain differences in treatment
>most doctors actually enjoy spreading their medical knowlegde to patients if only to ease them
>yet you come here and ask a fucking sardinian kiteflying racing forum

>don't trust doctor's advice
>better ask Veeky Forums

50k is an enormous amount, but you should trust your doc.

I take 5000 IE every other day. I'm planning to take one daily during winter time from now on. Feel great.

What if i dont have a a low vit d3 level, and i just took 50000mg vitamin d? Been taking 10k everyday for the last 43.6 months.

Any side effects of such a high amount of daily d3? Headaches? Feeling nauseous often?

So the danger is that you build up too much calcium in your blood, and you eventually get stiff calcified blood vessels that can cause an obstruction, leading to heart/brain damage. One thing you can do to help protect against that is to increase your consumption of menaquinones, specifically MK-7 and MK-4, which are essential to move calcium from your blood into your bones, teeth, and other places it needs to be. Hope this helps :)

yeah you totally take 50g of vitamine d... faggot

Lol! That is humorous to think about. For anyone who didn't get the joke, the original user clearly meant 50000 IU :)

I've also been taking 10k every day for the last couple of months. Today I had pretty bad headaches, but it could be from something else. No noticeable benefit though.

>Didn't even mention magnesium in relation to calcium

Do you even biology?

No not really man, I'm an amateur! I know magnesium is crucial for bone/teeth maintenance and calcium has historically been kind of overstated, do you wanna mention more about the Mg/Ca relationship?

The tldr is Mag helps keep calcium dissolved in the blood, helps prevent and reduce calcium deposits from soft tissue and helps transport calcium to where it should be including bones and teeth. It's highly underrated and not spoken about enough.

Thanks bro

I take mag to help me poop, good to know it does other nifty stuff so I can say that to people instead.

You know that you have I higher chance at being wrong than your doctor?

Do what your doctor told you to do.
Vit d gets stored in fat, so it doesnt matter if you take 10x5000 or 1x50000.

Submarine crew members also get big shots, so they dont have to take the pills all the time.

What you need to do is make sure you will be taking it on your own (for example 5000 daily) after he gets your levels to normal or you will become deficcient again.

what submarine members? definitely not American.

I had the same thing happen, and when you take that big of a dose it super spikes your levels and it takes longer for them to wear off, so after your dosing schedule is up, your levels should be back up, but you still need to take regular d3 everyday to keep them up

Mine told me to take one 5000 IU pill per day. Got a bottle from Costco on discount. When I first started taking it, I was very deficient so it improved my mental and physical health tremendously.

I missremembered.
I read some studies a while back about submariners and vit d deficiency. Tl:dr small doses (like 500-1000 UI daily) is not enough for them and their vit d levels dropped.

So they actually dont take any, but they should probably take big doses.

As I said, it gets stored in fat, so it doesn't matter how you take it, just don't take insane doses (50k daily for a month), or you will get poisoned since body can't get rid of it for that same reason.

Thx user, really aswered my initial question.
If the symptoms disappear i will keep taking 50k UI a week so i wont get low vitamin d levels again