/plg/ - Powerlifting general

Welcome to /plg/!

Primarily for the discussion of powerlifting
>asymmetry edition

>If you haven't already, please consider filling out norsefat's survey
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

If you have any administrative concerns, please contact Fat Retard !!ypBEXJGAhOa. We hope you had a great day, and that tomorrow is also great.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ijcP6vDM
youtube.com/watch?v=PcvhxHdY_gI
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thanks mods

WHAT IS /PLG/ TRAINING TODAY?
WHAT IS YOUR TRAINING GOAL FOR THE WEEK? MONTH? QUARTER? YEAR?

>Asymmetry edition

How do you stop driving harder through one leg harder than the other when you squat? I always push harder on the right coz of bad habits from old knee injury

My wilks score is 354.56 and I train solely for aesthetics.

How does that make /plg/ feel?

>/plg/, or, how I learned to stop shitposting and love the trap

6th for Livia

look at urself in the mirror and make sure you stay straight, I know you don't want to look at urself but you have to kek.

>and I train solely for aesthetics
so how do you have a wilks?

I'm ~14% bf at ~210, my wilks score is slightly higher after 1.5 years lifting, and I train entirely for strength.

>squatting infront of a mirror
never gonna make it lad

>I'm ~14% bf at ~210
yeaaaaaaaaaaah, no you're not

>Amanda

You can call me Susan if it makes you happy
Nah when I do that it makes me queasy. I'll go for the feels method

I can see my abs in the mirror pretty easily senpai.

so the brown eye profile picture was you?
I'll never tell ;)

It wasnt.

Yep ;)

By all means bother this Amanda bird. Pls screenshot results

Trainings going great lads. I'm really happy with how everything's going.

Oh btw I can't squat or deadlift because I've literally damaged my spine.

What's some alternatives I can do to hit the musculature in the squat and deadlift while I take a few months off for it to heal?

PLEASE RESPOND

oh so you have no idea what your bodyfat is.
Gotcha

>inb4 another 'i m sorry i dont know why i done it'

Reposting because thread deleted:
I need a belt and I don't know what size to order.
I'm ~65kg,measure around the navel is 77cm not bracing core and 85 bracing core.
The plan is to fill up the 74kg but I really want to be lean so I'm not sure how much fluctuation in weight I will have.
Suggestions regarding pic related?

I don't have Instagram so that would be difficult.

Acknowledge me fami

Acknowledge me!

Where to get cool singlets?

It's not hard to tell by looking in the mirror. Sorry I triggered you by being a lower body fat % than you my aesthetics only lifting friend.

Hip abductor pain when breaking parallel, anybody know cause, solutions?

www.sbdapparel.com/

WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATIVES FOR THE SQUAT AND DEADLIFT TO BUILD THE APROPRIATE MUSCULATURE SO WHEN I GO BACK TO DOING THEM THE MUSCLE WONT HAVE ATROPHIED

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Lack of strength and mobility. Keep up with your current form and do hip opening stretches.

Front squats and romanian deadlifts.

I'll try front squats but Romanian deadlifts will destroy my lower back

Why can't you do squats or deadlifts?

Severe lower back injury. Spinal damage.

LIGHT Hyper extensions, leg press and hamstring curls, db rows, shrugs and planks. Not standing rollouts.

Ouch. Scratch hyper extensions

Reverse hypers fit the bill for going heavy, the rest I could probably do but it seems like an awful lot of effort, there must be a more efficient lift.

Hamstring curl, leg press if possible, leg extensions.
If it's your lower back then stay away from a barbell for a while until it gets better.

It's a hit and miss, I can bench, and have been doing s lot of bench. I can somehow even overhead press pain free.

But hinging in the squat, deadlift, rdl, good morning e.t.c is a massive NO. My lower back takes days to lessen in pain if I do those.

There's been an improvement. I actually managed to deadlift 140kg pain free, but my back got a little iffy, but rounding has vanished, which means my core is working again.

Downside is, 140kg is FAR FAR FAR from my max, and it was like rpe9 when I tried...

Not with a severe back injury dumpling

Without reverse hypers I wouldn't be able to deadlift past 1pl8 right now.

If you ever injure your lower back they are a fucking god send. I do literally hundreds a session. Anywhere between 100-250 a session.

Your bracing for OHP must be top notch, has the injury been confirmed by docs now?

>has the injury been confirmed by docs now?
I got a physiotherapist referral the other day, for my flat feet.
I've been doing my own thing to heal my disc

Ai I'll keep it in mind.
So you got a referral for your feet, but haven't done the same for your fucking spine.

BAFFLING

Yea, it took some effort not to laugh when asking for the refer all and not mentioning my lower back.
I did the right thing tho

As much as I admire your dedication to the cause, you are a reckless sonofabitch Disc 'Flatfoot' Bulge

Im doing the research now so in the future when I inevitably deal with it again I'm prepared and handle it efficiently.

Blaine summers slips a disc once to three times a year.
Welcome to powerlifting.

>witnessed
i mean you're free to open it whenever you want, but last time i opened it during peak hours so it hit bump limit in like 40 mins

I also guarantee that he will have a spine guy. You need a spine guy.

Pop that sucka back into place

Plg parody when?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ijcP6vDM

Opening such is not for me. I'd just read the thread anyway.

Is the searchable archive down again?

>Is the searchable archive down again?
not sure

i can't find dietmar ;_;

Regardless I've learnt a lot and I know how to safeguard myself from further injuries.
And my bench has literally exploded from all this bench I've been doing, which is good because I like bench and it likes me. Unlike deadlifts.

The Google drive sheet with all the shit in it, they're in one of the uh, pages or whatever they're called.

hey guys, how was your day?

**i take your hands and cuff you to the bed**

Skipped going to the gym again like last Monday

pretty bad

but a new phil was just uploaded and made my day okay

I'm glad to hear it, I just want your pain to stop. Get that back built back up again. It's a shame that it often takes an injury like that to force form changes and mobility work. My hip injury now means my squat is bang on. Ah well.

Why?
Are you all right?

Hurt my back Saturday. Gave it another evening to heal.

Big session Wednesday

Needing a wank pretty badly desu lads but I'm in class. What should I do?

Just some advice, when bracing, if you don't feel the tightness in your lower back, you're not bracing correctly.

You are chained to the bed with nowhere to go

it's ok at least you're talented
plus that little "boost" from insulini will probably negate the missed workout.

I think imma bump my squats to tomorrow because I think I refukt my back last night wrestling with dogbro

whatchu doing wednesday

why bad

Hey just widen your deadlift stance

Duly noted. I'll practice the feel. Thanks for saving my spine ily

Actually I take back what I said pls can you get me Avon squatsdale and Garagebrony?
I'd really, reaaaaly appreciate it.

With you still chained to the bed I pull down my pants, spread my asscheeks with my butthole pointed towards your face and let a long loud fart

It's a sad irony, a old friend of mine, who was ironically a crossfitter, but strong as fuck, dude looked like he came from a Russian concentration camp, taught me how to brace. This was over a year ago and I never bothered, I just inflated my stomach basically, now however I still remember what he taught me and it helps a lot.

>whatchu doing wednesday
Deadlift 90% 270 2 4

We'll get Avon and Gbro together after you moron yourself :)

I used to inflate my stomach. Then I squatted with a belt and I was trying for a max and I peed a bit. Never. Again.

Nothing makes you learn bracing like peeing a bit.

Avon isn't online and doesn't browse plg anymore. And hasn't for litrally a year.

Garagebro doesn't care.

You may benefit from this
youtube.com/watch?v=PcvhxHdY_gI

The worst I've done is share the squat rack with 3 dudes and let one rip while they were standing around watching. I died a little inside.

You remark how stinky my fart was

"Sniff" I demand

You regrettably grab my ass cheeks and shove your large nose inside my butthole and start inhaling my butt fumes

Umm talk to your physical therapist. Do not take any advice from a Chinese under water basket weaving forum.

>Then I squatted with a belt and I was trying for a max and I peed a bit. Never. Again.

Dude, you were doing it right. That's totally normal.

Also I feel like I'm going to shit myself these days.

Doesn't care about me...? He said that?
Is there no way you can get avon to come for 5 minutes? Can you ask him what rehabilitation he did for his injury and copy and paste it for me?

please man

Give Greg nuckols belt bible a read, interesting stuff on bracing with a belt.

Yeah I seen that already and my pelvic floor is always part of the brace now. I fixed it before getting my belt so no peeing.

Was the toot during the squat? Did you lose a bit of pressure? Kek

>Inflating stomach
That's right

>Peeing yourself
That's because you're a girl. Not uncommon at all

>Doesn't care about me...?
you are user
do you expect anything different

yes I do ;-;

You have to inflate your stomach and bring the pelvic floor up. Feels much stronger and much less like peeing.
You no do pretty lift poop?

Inflating your stomach isn't right, you push against the belt, but the belt should be tight enough your abs aren't "pushed out".

Yeah it's a bit like a crunch

You know what, normally I'd think saying this was totally gay BUT

I'm glad she's breaking down boundaries about it. Because it ruined sparrow's day once.

And they're also like "don't fetishise it", "don't mythologise it" and that's cool too. Like it's acceptable, let's find a way to solve this.

Didn't sparrow end up on somebody's YouTube video? That was awful.

I mean you inflate your stomach by breathing diaphragmatically, not pushing stomach out to brace. And then you brace.

After inhaling my fart fumes for a few good minutes I say "not lick my butthole"

I've pooed myself ONCE two years ago on an rpe 11 deadlift set.

GOT THE SET

CRUSHED THE PR AT THE COMP

All worth it.

Also I finished the session. Went to the bathroom, scooped it out, wiped myself, washed my singlet out in the sink and carried on.

He doesn't care about plg in general.

I've messaged avon. He hasn't replied. He's training rn.

It's serious business. It can make or break a pr (mentally). Plus your vagoo and pelvic floor is all muscle, extra stability yo

yeah dick move Tbh

you said hitting heavy single meet week was dumb
just giving you an update, you were right

Thank you for messaging Avon. Let Gbromk ow I'm hurt, and not physically.

Regrettably you start licking the inside of my butthole with your big nose pressed against my Anus

Again I let a stinky fart fume unleash directly into your giant nostrils

Eglintensity's, yeah.

Link?

>just giving you an update, you were right
I know

I'm glad you can acknowledge it though.

Did it go badly?

REALLY??? I loved that dude. Wtf.
I thought it was him, but my memory was poor and I thought it couldn't have been.

How did he catch wind of it? Got a link to the video?
I'm actually in disbelief.