Supplements Thread

What do you guys take, what's worked and what hasn't, what would you recommend

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein/
informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/
bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi5.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

creatine is the best shit ever created by man

I take a preworkout like C4, whey and creatine post workout, and BCAA's intraworkout and randomly throughout the day when I'm thirsty. They all seem to have some sort of benefit for me

Are there any decent LEGAL supps out there that actually help with fat burning? I don't want to hear about clen, DNP or T3

Is there any reason i couldnt perpetually take a test prodrug like 1-andro and get benefits?

id like to hear more about SARMs/Peptides and what kind of pros/cons over other things if anyone has experience in that.

Ive taken ams 1-andro for a few cycles before

Pros
>no side effects
>gained a bit of size
>feel great during

Cons
>expensive
>less effective than plain ol test

On my second week of an s4 andarine cycle. Pleasantly surprised with it so far, shit is not bunk

creatine, whey, and a multivitamin. all you need.

Can anyone comment on the effectiveness of Glutamine?

Does creatine help lose fat?i have read things saying it does and things saying it doesnt

Really?
I've been taking it and i feel nothing

Enjoy your kidney stones.

it makes you slightly stronger and slightly larger, and makes you keep a little bit more water weight. No direct interaction with fat. you will be bloated for a few days after you start taking it though

For exercise:

Creatine for ATP
Citrulline Malate for better circulation.
Fish Oil (high EPA/DHA) for lubrication

Beta Alanine isn't really worth it as people only have a 2-4% hypertrophy increase.

I don't understand the BCAA or mixes meme. BCAA's? Wow, eat protein.
Mixes? Everytime I've seen it it has 75% volume nothing+a sprinkle of caffeine.

No

stop buying overpriced GNC type shit. It's full of sugar

Unflavored whey/casein
plain creatine powder
caffeine powder - got 2kg for 50 USD instead of dropping 8 USD for a bottle of 160 200mg pills
DMAA powder - must have
There's a bit more in it, but any build your own PWO video should fill in the rest. Mine is quite minimal

must have vitamins
Zinc/Magnesium supp
fish oil
Vitamin D - good even if you think you get enough sun
1-3 cups green tea or matcha through the day

never saw anything out of BCAAs
yohimbine just caused me to overheat at work, then again that was the week our AC went out

yeah sure bud. Its a bs supplement advertised to naive lifters (like you) by the jews

is ON protein the best protein available?

nothing

because im not falling for the supplement jew

"im such a minimalist who doesnt use brand names cuz im not a sell out and Im so much better than everyone else because of that"

Powdercity has a third-party lab test their supps on request. Hell, even Amazon has reviewers testing shit.

GNC? Enjoy your woodshavings.

It's good quality but extremely overpriced

A lot of people dont know what its for. It helps a lot with getting the most nutrients out of food. Thats why its usually related with food products.

fuck you, you fucking cunt, go die in a fire. :^(

I prefer mixing my own shit
I hate that everything at the local places is super fucking overpriced.

I'd rather spend less and know what's in it. Given the number of studies where the protein and other shit a brand labels as in it turns out to not be so, I'd rather not.
Also, that flavored stuff usually is fucking vile.

If you like that shit, go ahead. My opinion is that building it yourself is just more flexible & cheaper

Are there any legal testosterone supplements that work?

It's the gold standard.

Yea it's called sleeping enough and not drinking alcohol

Does that come in a pill or in powder??

Skelly here, 5'11 at 55 kg
Started eating and lifting big a couple weeks ago and I want to get into creatine but I'm a bit nervous about the effects. I understand it may help a great deal for explosive exercise, but I have also heard it may make me feel like bloated shit and give me kidney stones. I'm probably just being a pussy. Considering I'm 18, should I get some or just stick with oats for a while?

I take 2 scoops of Mr. Hyde prework. Hoping one day I'll have heart failure from all the caffeine and stems.....

> Preworkout
> Multi Vitamin
> Fish Oil
> ZMA
> L-Carnitine
> Glutamine
> Maca Powder

Ran out of Protein but getting more.

Look into D-Aspartic Acid and ZMA

anyone tried animal cuts or similar?loks like a scam or like it could actually be dangerous for your body,im scared of the whole diuretic thing and its like 15 pill a day or so and that sounds like too fucking much

Drink plenty of water. You may bloat a bit initially; but you can just do the maintenance dose daily.

If you cramp, like I did at first, it's a good sign you need more water and to not take it on an empty stomach.

People who make your own pwo what ingredients do you drop in?

Mine:
>2g citruline
>2g beta alanine
>200mg caffeine
>70mg dmaa
>5g creatine mono

Try Performix SST strong shit. next to that there is
Super HD Extreme by Cellucor, same guys who make C4

>drinking the powdered jew

My base is about
10g creatine
30g unflavored whey

Separate is the stims. Typical is
400-1000g caffeine
0-80g DMAA

I've got to be careful with the DMAA as I can zone out afterwards, forget dinner, and then sleep like shit. Weeknights I usually keep it under 25mg

Some varieties of cardio are still legal and pretty decent for fat burning.

How good is being a shut in? Fist bump bro

I always drink a few cups of black coffee before I lift in the morning but I notice that people on Veeky Forums have a hard on for caffeine pills, including with shit like aspirin or ephedrine (whatever it is called), and all that "stacking" stuff. What is that all about? I have a few bottles of 80mg caffeine pills, is it worth taking those before a workout?

ZMA has been shown to do fuck all when it comes to testosterone production. But damn does it give some crazy dreams

Did you ever take more than 80mg? I just ordered 100g so im gonna go fucking nuts

>400-1000g caffeine
>0-80g DMAA

80mg has been my largest dose
I'm extremely caffeine tolerant, but DMAA does a number on me

Start smaller, say 25mg, and learn how you react to it.
Gains good, emergency room due to cardiac issues bad

Stupid question. Should I rule out a plant based shake? I hate to have that much animal product in one day considering I'm eating like 4 eggs and meats for lunch and dinner. I would hate to add two standard whey shakes to that...seems insane.

bodytech wheytech protein is equally as good, and around the same macros, and less expensive, vitamin shoppe is having a sale right now on it, 5lbs for 40 bucks, not bad. just stay away from the vanilla , i got the chocolate mint, and its delicious.

Why dmaa

From my experience, it was a really good stimulant that allowed me to do more during my workout
For example:
>Don't take DMAA that day
>go running
>only run about 2 miles before getting tired
>Take DMAA
>run twice as far and still have energy

You build a tolerance to it after a while, so it's good to take during high volume days or when you aren't as motivated and that there caffeine isn't helping as much.

>whey
>creatine
>homemade mass gainer (2 scoops whey, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut oil), looking into buying Mass Tech/Mass Gainz
And also I'm looking into a preworkout, something like c4 or mister hyde

Anyone just eating fucking food here?

If I started Creatine should I stop drinking coffee? I've heard caffeine and creatine over time fuck with your innards

You should stop drinking coffee either way, but the limited research suggests that taking them in near the same time is what's dangerous. If you drink your morning coffee and eat the creatine later in the evening, no problem.

>You should stop drinking coffee either way

Why?

I've been thinking about taking beta-alanine to increase my endurance on long BJJ / Boxing sparring sessions

Anyone with experience on that?

beyond the fact that most people drown it in sugar? damaging dendrites.

I stopped buying supps and bought an inzer belt instead, supps are bullshit for the most part, good food and high cals is what will make you grow not optimum nutritions new sick whey protein powder

I always just drink it black but ok

Best supplement is Testosterone, preferably E or C.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein/

Metamucil honesly changed my life. I used to take 20 minutes minimum for a shit and my asshole sometimes bles from wiping, my shits were solid but I had to wipe heaps. I had a decent diet with vegies and meat, no less than any other normie who were in and out for a shit in 5 minutes.
Now I wipe 5 times max and it's more than enough. I feel lighter, healthier and less stress if I need to shit in public or at someone's house.
Also tastes good and goes in smoothies well.
10/10

EC stack?

informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/

do it

All i take are the following

>Whey
>Creatine
>Pre-workout
>Vitamin D3 (It's winter)/Fish-oil/Vitamin C

kre-alkalyn
protein
multi
zma
krill oil
vit d

>I've heard
From where? Recent BB article says it *may* not be ideal, but it's likely fine. bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi5.htm

I add 1/2T psyllium husks to my proton sheiks. Never want an impacted stool every again..

I bought psylium husk before metimucal with good results but it was hardfor me to get down mixed with anything. Maybe I bought a shit cheap one but the metamucil is ground to a fine powder and easier to drink for me

How are you taking maca powder(gelantinized?)? What covers the taste?

-Multi vit
-Vit D3 (High Latitude ..5k UI/day)
-Vit B complex (has 500mg vit C)
-Omega-3
-Zinc 50mg
-Creatine
-Protein
-Green Tea
-Caffeine/Modafinil

Sometimes
-Phenibut
-Noopept