twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cmon lets be honest you look like shit

>claims others look like shit
>doesn't post bod

desu desu desu

free bump is free bump senpai

No I dont.

>desu desu desu
what the fuck is up with desu posters lately?
>is is is
real funny m8

do I have wide lats, Veeky Forums. only doing BWF lmaaaooo for 4 ish months

Can you take a pic where you don't look disgusting?

lmaaaaooo.

no but seriously no. Not possible.

stop flexing faggot

Why are you guys being cunts to him instead of giving actual feedback? We get enough shit from militant weight lifters.

u have literally 0 back depth and need to incorporate some kind of rowing movement ontop of pullups and chinups

>calistheniclets

>back depth
Ty dude. I really just started doing horizontal rows but it's not enough.

Is adding weight to horizontal rows worth it?

>horizontal rows
you mean bent over rows?

Is calisthenics a good start for someone recovering from anorexia ?

Yes.

yes

any form of exercise is

Ok, thanks.

I just use a 20 pound resistance band for my horizontals. Use them for reverse flies. Is that enough weight? Just don't want to fuck my shit up from push ups and pull ups.

hasn't school started yet?

fucking summerfags..

no idea what you are talking about

Is there any good hip work in calisthenics? Need to strengthen em for running

hip? which muscle? do you need mobility or strength?

desu im not sure, pretty flexible I can pretty much do the splits. For lack of better description, my hips have just felt weak on longer mileage and ache a bit after. Don't think its my form either.

well which part feels weak then ? just might be lack of stamina

I have no scope of anatomy so upper side? lol. It could very well just be stamina though

I just use a resistance band for my horizontal lifts to balance out my push ups and pull ups. is 20 pounds enough resistance for the reverse flies to be useful?

Reverse flies dont build your back. Do rows and pull ups as well.
But theyre good for shoulders so keep doing them just add other stuff.

Is is is?

just use the picture from go for your run, then when you feel sore you need to find out which muscle is sore, exactly

I follow Foundation, so whatever movement you do, if it's a repeated movement the mastery is 5x15reps and if it's a holding movement then mastery is 5x60s, so after you achieve mastery you need to increase intensity, if you want to progress, if you just wanted to maintain then do mastery for 3 weeks then deload for one

i posted in last thread and no one answered ;_; i'll ask again.

what you guys think about DareBee? they have a lot of programs and they look well-rounded to me
darebee.com/programs.html
i was thinking to start this on september:
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBWGnRchrKwdlZYQjFubXE5VGM/view

but i'm no expert so i'm asking you guys: is this a good program? how can i recognize one?

I don't see no progression there, no progression = meme

I do Foundation, personally

there's no progression, but for each muscle group there's a lot of exercises...

and btw each program as a "difficulty" rating from 1-5
darebee.com/pick-a-program.html
the one i linked is a 4

well, I looked through, it does have some form of progression, but like you said, a lot of exercises for each group, why do 20 different forms of biceps work when you can do simple curls? still looks meme tier senpai, the names for 'programs' are so cringy

can't you just do Foundation at home instead? I bet that darebee costs money no?

I havent looked at it but you need to get more resistance, raiding reps can only do so much and thats to a point.

actually no, it's completely free
different exercises train the muscle differently? i honestly don't know

what is foundation? it's the reddit suggested program?

when you achieve mastery in movement you do the higher level one from lowest intensity

i dunno senpai, muscle fiber can only contract
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_contraction

you can work different muscle groups with compound movements, but if you do isolations, no matter which shit you do as long as your muscles contract

GST Foundation is in the OP, last linl, it's around 400MB pdf file

reading it now, thanks

it might not suit everyone, but I want to cool shit like planche, I only do 4 out of 7 in Foundation, mainly limited by equipment

got my first x muscle up today, anyone know any harder muscle up variations that i can aim towards?

one armed, obviously

Can you do archer muscle ups?

I only do body weight exercises

they arent natty

i meant a bit closer to x, one armed is the eventual goal, but its still probly a few years away or so
never really tried, ill give it a shot tomorrow

Obviously

Mirin familia

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=W2qIBgbdH88

Weighted muscle ups are a good progression for developing a lot of power

Hey bwg, how am I doing so far? Been going a few months, maybe 5 or 6. Started from skeleton mode.
1/3

Sorry for large/sideways pics, posting from shitty cellphone
2/3

They're the right way up on my phone..
3/3

You should probably work towards muscle-ups that don't involve that much kipping before you move on.

not even remotely a muscle up, it doesn't count if you literlaly just jump and use momentum

I want to add a decently rigorous stretching routine to my weekly routines. What's something that will give me good, semi-fast, full body results as well as splits?

>stretching
>fast
just fuck my shit up, senpai

I knew I was going to get shit for that. I don't mean "fast" I mean not routines for people that have worked sedentary jobs for thirty years and want to heal their back pain.

Cuz everyone knows that being a real man on fit means being edgy all the time to anons that actually workout.

kek, user, stretching takes time, if you can't do splits you can't do splits, there's movement like leaning in and how far you lean in only depends how far are you willing to go before you fuck your shit

I use this for splits youtube.com/watch?v=3EOG8ts8nOc

you can probably find more videos for other stretches if you want, there's also 'starting mobility' I believe, in the sticky

what exercises should I include in my workouts for lower back and posterior chain?

Superman holds

Glute ham raise
Superman holds
Backlever/Handstand/Reverse leg lifts

how many times a week do you train?

When planche training is it better to do sets of 45 sec or until failure?

I hurt my wrist so I'm doing elbow/forearm planches.

They feel more difficult than regular ones. Can anyone else confirm this?

You have a good frame just need more mooskles to fill out

I used to train every day.
That said i fucked my shoulder and havent trained in 3 days so i wouldnt do wnat i did.

What will happen if I ditch pull ups and just do weighted chin ups and inverted rows?

Bridges of various kinds
Good morning
One leg deadlifts
Supermans
The king of bodyweight back builders the GLUTE HAM RAISE

Nothing hyoertrophy and strength wise
But you wont be able to progress to exercises such as the muscle up with chin ups.

Good to know. I don't really care much about those honestly. I hate pull ups so I'll be happy to ditch them.

Should I do body weight training if I have free access to a lot of weight training equipment? BW training intrigues me because I love to dance and perform. Trying decide what workout to do this year.

Would you rather move yourself through space or move objects through space?

Move myself through space I guess, I assume BW training is the better option in that case? A lot of my motivation for working out is aesthetic as well, so I'm wondering which form of training gives a better distribution of workout gains

Anyone wanna share how they do ghr without a machine at home?

Curious as well. I've tried a few methods but it's been bad at best

What is ghr?

>been training for a good while
>got to the point where i can easily do enough one handed pushups for it to be considered aerobic, and no matter how hard i train it I'll never be able to do a proper handstand because of inner ear problems I've had since i was born
>consider joining a gym
>only two within reasonable distance
>one is a shithole ran by blatant roiders, the building looks like the walls could cave in any time, and the ceiling probably leaks water when it rains (i.e. every day)
>the other has a fuckload of fancy machines, exactly one bench, and no squat rack, and is stupidly expensive
welp

How do I get better at climbing? Aside from climbing more often. I'm going three times a week now.

I joined a climbing gym recently and I'm terrible.

Only one option here: go home gym masterrace.

yeah, i guess

6 days

If you can hold a variation for longer than 30 secs you should move up to the next progress.

You should start with working the hardest progression you can hold for at least 10 seconds. Do sets of 10 seconds until you can't hold it for 10 seconds. Than do 10 second holds on the next easiest progression.

You should also train handstand to planche negatives and some form of planche push up variation keeping a hollow body/shoulders protracted

Like said.
Chin ups lack the amount of lat activation pull ups give. So the carry over to muscle ups, front lever will be worse for chin ups but it really makes no different if you're actively training front lever or muscle ups if you decide you want to.

You can do both. It is far easier to build muscle with free weights but even the best bodybuilders do dips/pull ups for a reason.

Lots of pull ups
Train for one arm pull up/chin up
One arm/two arm dead hangs from bar for grip strength
A lot of climbing is grip & pulling strength.
Flexbility can also help a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=LCet6lU-2TQ

Hey guys, need some advice here.
So I've been really focusing on getting fit for about half a year now, going to the gym, making good progress. Not quite where I want to be yet, still got a bit of a gut, but steady progress nonetheless. My problem is as follows.
I'm used to working out in the gym, using machines, weights etcetera. I've also been doing a bit of running, my current route is five miles. I do strength work in the gym every other day, run on the days off, and take Sunday as a rest day. So far that's worked for me.
My problem is, for the rest of the year and most of January, I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere, an hour's drive away from the nearest gym. How do you guys think substituting the strength training with a bodyweight routine and keeping the running the same would work? Would it work at all? If so, what kind of routine would you recommend?
Please help me out; I'd really like to reach my goals by next Summer.

>height and weight
>how long have you been lifting
>how much do you lift (squat/dl/bench)

the issue here is that entry/intermediate bodyweight can be used as a substitute for lifting, but if you're used to lifting heavy you'll need to do shit like handstand pushups, and you can't just learn those in a couple weeks

I mean, it's better than abandoning all strength work right?

no point doing a tonne of strength training unless you're starting to hit f6a/b. If you're stuck in the 5b/c range you just need to work the technique
>leg raises>pullups for overhands
>fingers>back strength

Height is 6 feet exactly.
Haven't weighed myself in a month, but last time I weighed I was 182 pounds.
I've been lifting roughly half a year. Probably 6 months 3 weeks if I had to be specific.
Squat is 210, dl 230, bench 180. My upper body is probably my weakest area, because most of my starting strength came from when I used to row in high school (never at a high level though) So definitely still novice level.

yeah, you'll be fine with bodyweight. buy yourself a decent pullup bar

any recommendations for routine?

Well, I injured myself.

It was either diamond pushups, or dips, but my left upper arm is fucked up and I can't lift it.

Will be missing my first workout since I started working out 4 months ago, feels fucking bad

Complete newbie here.
Trying to leave Auschwitz mode.

If my muscles are still slightly sore after yesterdays regime, should I do another set today, or should you only train every other day?

Generally avoid training the same muscles two days in a row

Don't hit the same muscle groups two days in a row.

Specially if you are a beginner, you can get sick noob gains from working out just 3 days a week.

205lbs 1rm to a 315 1rm in roughly 12 months training at 200lbs body weight both start and finish have you guys had similar progress as a newer lifter am i trackin

Ok, I did 4 minute elbow plank that left me bit sore, but my arms and legs feel normal, so, would it be ok to do the same pushup / squat regime on them?

see , or the links in the OP
forget about skill work, and do a normal warmup

thank you

Scapular position for chin ups? Depressed and retracted?
Good shit user

Way to tear your bicep tendon