Does crying make you any less of a man?

Does crying make you any less of a man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cHFYEQRnQew
google.com/search?q=crying releases toxins&oq=crying releases toxins&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l2j0i22i30.890.6551.0.7305.21.16.0.1.1.1.736.3878.6j3j2j1j2j1j1.16.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..11.10.1024.9R33tOXHcoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if there are people around to see it

it depends why you cry. if someone said mean shit to you and you cry, you're a faggot.

i cheated on my ex and cried in front of her. everyone told me it was the worst thing i could do. she told me it meant a lot to see that because i never really show much emotion. we fucked a few more times after that before it ended for good

Women like to see emotions for whatever reason

i cried once in my life after pretending for so long that it was normal i had no friends, family or girlfriend

Objectively yes, it does, assuming the measure of a man is his masculinity. Crying is inherently feminine.

Crying in both cases you mentioned makes you less of a man. Not crying when your ex cheated would've made you more of a man.

I think you read that wrong. He said he cheated on her.

My dad cried when his mother (my grandmother) died. I never respected him after that.

No, but you shouldn't cry in public. People view it as a sign of weakness, insecurity, instability and people will try to exploit that.

I cried like a faggot when I saw Warrior in theaters. It hits you hard if you have a brother.

Only cry for when loved ones pass away. Usually alone too.

I unwillingly cried in front of my coach after my gf of 3 years ended it and called me a trashcan and im nobody to her

Is that normal

In a lot of cases it's okay to cry. It's really only not okay if it's for retarded shit like someone saying something nasty, or because you can't handle stress or whatever.

Kek

I definitely remember my dad sulking and crying in his room after his best friend died when I was around 7 or 8. I just thought it was so weird and I thought he was weird after that too

I unwillingly cried to my boss after my dog of 15 years died while I was at work. He kinda looked and treated me different for a while but things are back to normal now.

Crying doesn't make you less of a man, being less than a man is why you cry.

>breakup hit me especially hard
>finally hit breaking point and just want to let it out
>tfw physically can't cry

Wtf, did I just forget how? Is it true that testosterone can actually prevent a human being from being able to cry or is this bullshit? It was weird, I could feel the pressure in my face and was sad as fuck, but no tears would form and I just had to stop trying after a while.

The only acceptable time to cry is when your father dies, and then only alone after the funeral

You aren't truly sad enough. I had a recent breakup, not a tear. Think about another one of my exes and the life we could have had, and I can't stop crying.

It's literally that, my dude. I thought the same shit too, but it's just not hitting the right button for you.

No.
Your tears being your go to way of dealing with your emotions. Your tears being used to manipulate others.
That is not cool.

But your emotions overtaking you and you being moved to tears when appropriate.
The fear of being seen as week so we hide them from all those save for the people we trust and love.
That is okay.

If a loved one passes away, it is completely okay.
But don't do it like a drama queen.

Crying is for pussies. And I say this as a guy who has cried during break-ups or when I was struggling with depression and alcoholism.

I'm too sensitive and emotionally weak. Need to harden up. Haven't cried in a long time now.

Yes but weeping does not. Learn the difference

No. Crying is good for you. It's a social construct that crying is bad or a sign of weakness made by beta faggots that are afraid.

Think about that, grown-ass men, AFRAID.

Pussies.

>No. Not lifting is good for you. It's a social construct that not lifting is bad or a sign of weakness made by beta faggots that are afraid.

>Think about that, grown-ass men, AFRAID.

>Pussies.

how is it inherently feminine? Men and Women cry we are people, stop being such a faggot. Being in touch and aware of emotions is important for human relationships and conflict resolution. Men who can tune it are a lot happier and have lower risk of suicide, same goes for men who talk about feelings. This manly bullshit is repulsive to any woman who wants a relationship.

It sounds like you still have a ways to go in your emotional development desu. By the sound of it you have just taken to repressing things to over compensate for the hypersensitivity.

Crying isn't for pussies... using it as your only coping mechanism or as a ploy for sympathy is when it becomes reprehensible though, imo.

>crying in a theater
Ouch. I love that film also, cried when i watched it with my gf.

Testosterone makes holding back tears easier, so in some cases, it literally makes you less of a man.

This post gave me cancer

The truth hurts, doesn't it, bitchface?

It's normal but a sign of faggotry.

You should never ever become emotionally reliant on a woman.

worrying about what people think of your manliness is literally the only thing that makes you less of a man

Tumblr plz go

Regardless of perceptions of masculinity, people just need to show some damn fortitude. If something makes you cry it better be fucking important. And if you're gonna be audible about it excuse yourself.

Yes, every time you cry you increase your estrogen, making you more of a woman every single time you do so.

which makes him less of a man first of all for doing it, second of all for crying in regret. Sure they had sex a few more times but he still was a weak piece of shit.

>Hurr emotions are for faggots

have fun with your depression and suicide

Crying is not the same as having emotions. You can be extremely sad and not cry. Crying literally has one purpose and that is to draw attention to yourself and let other people know you are sad.

Crying constantly (for light reasons), or as a way to get people to come to your assistance, yes.

On the other hand, if if you don't when it's really needed, you might not be or keep being emotionnaly healthy

When was the last time you cried, Veeky Forums ?

>
They think they do but they don't

user's right, though. That manly act bullshit is really unattractive.

This fucking meme. Can you describe a mechanism whereby ejecting salt water from your tear ducts "improves emotional health"?

It brings relief, sometimes it's needed.
Do it alone, though.

I forgot. Uncontrollable sobbing is what girls are into these days.

>edge master pls go

The last time I cried was because I was suffering from sleep deprivation after going several days on only 4-6 hours of sleep due to deadlines for work.

The time before that I just felt super sad for no fucking reason at all. I don't even understand what happened. Like am I a girl with hormonal issues?

only non-emotional crying is acceptable as a man. don't even cry while you laugh you fucking faggot

As long as you didn't have your break down in front of other people who cares. If you did then you were just doing it for attention and you are pretty much a huge loser.

As a kid I have seen my father cry (not wheeping, just read eyes + tears).
Guy was tough as fuck, really strong (think athletic, smithing his own knives and bow-hunting), but kid distress in a movie could really get to him.

Nah, being exhausted makes you way more sensitive

That is not a mechanism... That is an unverifiable claim.

I've cried once in the last 10 years and it was fairly recently when my nan died. For context I was close to my grandmother and we had a good relationship for the entirety of my life. Sorry for the blog post but I've not really discussed this with anyone and I just wanted to get it off my chest.

>Was going to go visit my grandmother on a Saturday afternoon with my dad and sister.
>They decided to go earlier than planned and I was halfway through cooking so I said I'd go with them next week instead then
>Sunday morning
>Just walk in from a killer gym session, deadlift pr etc
>She died that morning, probably around the time I was just getting to the gym.
>Rest of my family goes to see her before the funeral directors take her body away.
>I don't react at all, don't want to see her, just go about my usual post gym routine in a shell shocked kind of way.
>Make my lunch and sit down to eat it
>halfway through eating the sudden realization and crushing guilt that I didn't go visit her one last time because I was too busy making food trying to make gains
>Burst out crying over my dinner, no one around to see it though

I kept it together after that and at the funeral but that initial shock really got me and I felt incredibly guilty for a few weeks afterward. Also the first time I've ever seen my dad cry in my entire life.

As for the question at hand I certainly felt like a bit of a wimp for crying but I normally have the emotional range of a teaspoon so it's quite an unusual feeling for me. If you are crying for no good reason because someone said something mean about you then yeah that that probably does make you less of a man.

But yeah, visit your grandma lads.

This

Girls don't know what the fuck they want.

Being awake too long can sometimes cause dry eyes. They can water to compensate resulting in tears.

Man, when grieving, you feel fucking better afterwards.
You feel like you let something out, after that some of the pressure is gone.
Solves no problem, but can calm you

Fair enough, I'd say you handled yourself pretty well. Sorry bout your nan.

I once cried because I felt bad for a dorito while high on LSD

Yeah, I do this when exposed to too much wind or being really tired.

It's not the same at all, your eyes are just watery.

I meant than after a few days without sleeping well, you break down more easily.

Cried on Saturday night in front of my gf after finishing a bottle of brandy

Not my finest moment

i'm not a balloon i am a MAN

Cheers senpai.

Your emotional pressure, you knob

Or if you showed a little fortitude you would realized that the pressure is all in your head and is not a physical thing and thus can't build up. It goes away just the same if you wait than if you indulge yourself in crying. That's what you are doing when you cry, indulging yourself often at the expense of the people around you. In the case of the death of a loved one or something equally as extreme it is socially acceptable to cry and people are going to cut you some slack on that, but if you are crying over spilled milk than you are only succeeding in acting like a little bitch.

youtu.be/cHFYEQRnQew

Watch this video and release all of your suppressed emotions...
Works even better if you are stoned

Hahahaha! What a self indulgent insufferable prick. Elliot hulse and his cringy "bio-energy" bullshit. Funny joke senpai.

I watched this and was crying, laughing, and shouting all at the same time

I never said you've got to cry all the time, though.
Only that the stoic, manly alpha male attitude is pretty unattractive. Kinda immature, really.
But it's not a black or white situation.
You can show weakness sometimes, cry when it's needed, without being a pussy. You're not any less of a man, for that. No one's going to hold that against you.

Fuck off Blizzard

Crying is narcissistic bullshit. It is occasionally unavoidable and people who understand your situation will make an exception for you, as you would for them, but in typical day to day activities it is a purely attention seeking behaviour.

Ultimately it comes down to having some fortitude. If you cry all the time then you are showing weak fortitude but if you normally show great fortitude and crack anyway then the people around you know that things must be serious.

YOU DID NOT ASK FOR PERMISSION TO USE MY SIGNATURE PIC OF THE GODDESS ON Veeky Forums.

CAUGHT YOU RED HANDED YOU TRAITOROUS BLASPHEMER. DONT EVER COME BACK TO THE GENERAL AGAIN OR ILL KILL YOU.

My dad came crying to me after my mom finally kicked him out of her life, it was so peculiar, I had never seen my dad cry before. Definitely lost respect for him.

crying over petty shit like break ups or sad movie is kill yourself tier for a man. I could never respect a man who cries over a girl or a job or losing a sports game.
The only time I see crying as a sign of maturity and strength is when your loved ones pass away and that is the purest way to express your pain.

i cryed a lot when my father died...

in some situations it would be autistic not to cry

>no one has seen me angry or sad
>fall in love with a girl
>we broke
>kinda annoyed at first but not upset
>3 days after in the shower I just start crying like a bitch
>all that week randomly I just wanted to cry and I need to hide

You're only proving my point

l cry in theaters a lot
Especially if there's something sad that resonates with me

Don't like to see emotions, just want guys to be honest with themselves and their emotions. Often times guys ignore/don't understand their emotions and they end up doing more stupid shit because of it. But many guys think they're not "allowed" to feel or express any emotions. You can't deal with them.if you keep ignoring them. It shows you're a functional adult when you can properly handle/deal with emotions

Right but how often does shit like that happen in your life? It's not unreasonable for a person to go years without crying.

Not him, but crying is good for you. The salty tears actually carries out bad chemicals and really will make you feel better.

What if your loved one is a GIRL. Then are you a real man and a pussy bitch at the same time?

lightning a shit

I literally have too much test, and it does not keep someone from crying. You're 100% delusional idiot

> t. never had true love

user IA indeed right. Males who don't learn to deal with emotions just end up acting like overgrown children, smashing things about and yelling. Just because you aren't crying, doesn't mean you're not being an overgrown child. There's plenty guys as example on this site that let their emotions get the better of them and basically rule their lives by biased emotions. You can't expect to have happy, healthy relationships when you can't even handle your own emotions.

No, actually crying serves to get ride of waste material from your body. You're a moron who's so balls deep in this bs social construct of "masculinity " that you're too stupid to recognize the obvious evolutionary function of crying. Just like when you piss or sweat, your body is getting rid of waste that your body doesn't need.

Muh toxins!

>uncontrollable
No one said uncontrollable, you automatically assume that all crying is "uncontrollable ", which is a function of your personal bias. Its not attractive when guys try to act "western masculine tough" and stifle all emotions. Your emotions just end up coming out in less desirable ways. Humans are emotional creatures whether you like it or not. You can deny it all you want, but it'll just make you worse as a person.

>says the overgrown child on Veeky Forums
Its like you've never been in any thread ever. You guys can't even agree on fatties and you're fit ffs.

Tears are not a waste product and I hold women to the same standards, it has nothing to do with masculinity.

I haven't cried in maybe 10 years and I feel I suffer from it.
>tfw emotionally repressed

That's why I said sometimes, not every other day.
I personally get really invested in stuff, so I can get teary eyed while listening to specific songs/watching specific movies/remembering specific things, but it ends there, eyes a little wet and that's it.
But at 25, I actually only really broke down in tears twice. Once was like, two days after my mom died, when I was 16, the other after I broke up with my gf of 7 years, and it happened last month.
So yeah, sometimes.

If you are crying on command then you are engaging in attention seeking behaviour. There's a phrase to describe what you're talking about it,s ,"crocodile tears"

> google.com/search?q=crying releases toxins&oq=crying releases toxins&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l2j0i22i30.890.6551.0.7305.21.16.0.1.1.1.736.3878.6j3j2j1j2j1j1.16.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..11.10.1024.9R33tOXHcoY
You lazy, uneducated, meme spewing trolling cunt.

I cried when I realized I wasted my life and I have nothing left to hope for.

Yes, they are.
>too lazy to Google and instead jumps to the "you're wrong I'm right" conclusion
You're a fucking moron.

The evolutionary benifet of crying is that it serves as a signalling device to others that there is something wrong. Literally drawing attention to yourself. It's purely a form of non verbal communication.

How many fucking times
Do I have to direct you morons to.do a basic Google search