Calves

My calves won't just grow
Am I a calvlet?

You say they dont grow but dont post your exercise routine. Short story = the size of your calves will primarily be determined by your muscle insertion. During calve raises don't bounce from the bottom to avoid using tendons. Instead at the bottom portion wait a second or two before raising.

>the size of your calves will primarily be determined by your muscle insertion
only the surface area it will cover

any muscle can grow volumewise

my muscles wont just grow
am i a musclet? musket hehe

Walk more.
I'm a postman and my calves are fucking jacked. I don't even do calf work in the gym.

I didn't say they wont grow or he wont gain muscle they just wont look as impressive to someone with a low insertion.

make sure you're actually going slow. Also it depends on how much you're on your feet. Bigger calves are on people who work on their feet most of the day

Do you train calves as much as you train upper arms? If not then shut the fuck up.

I do 50 calf raises every workout session.

Some people don't workout their anterior tib either aka shin muscle. Shin muscle can get gains too. Lay face down on bed, feet on edge and push with your toes. Feel the burn, make gainz. Calves need to be focused and done every day. Don't do that fast calf raise shit people do. If you go slow you're also working your ankle muscles under tension

50...nigga add weight

I do them on the leg press.

this fkin guy probably does 2 sets of 3 with shit form

you probally dont even get a pump

>I do 50 calf raises every workout session.
That will do absolutely nothing.
19'' calves.
Mondays I do pyramid set Terminators 20-1/1-20 Which is more than 550 calf raises.
I also do sprint training and hike.
Thursdays I do 5x5 sets of calf raise variants alongside every workout I do (equates to above 200+ calf raises).
I also do weighted calf raises at right now 5pl8 5x5.

Calves just take time, a lot of time and a lot of repetition. While I don't have the areas off the top of my head at least one section of the calf (though I want to say two) need to have strength training added. Which is why big people tend to have bigger calfs. Just walking at 300lbs is sufficient. Hints the 5pl8 exercise.

Once you achieve calf size it's easy though. The muscles don't go away as quickly.
I rarely get tired or achieve muscles failure with calves anymore. The largest problem is for sure forgetting to properly stretch them and in the middle of the night having intensely painful cramps that will have you yelling.

I do 15x4
45 lbs

I'm positive that my calf size is genetic. I've been running all my life and just hiked for 4 months and my calves are still tiny. Oh well

They can be. You may be in that few that physically can't grown them.

I used to think calf size was genetic until I realized I never actually train them and also that the idea that there are people who just "genetically" have giant calves is retarded

there are plenty of guys with big upper bodies and chicken legs but are there pictures of guys who don't train and have no other muscles but just "genetically" have giant calves?

Running and hiking wouldn't build your calf size
You need to lift more than your own body weight to build them

Yes there are. Calves are mainly genetic, but can still be trained unless you are

You have small thighs for such big calfs

>tfw 15" chicken calves
>tfw blessed with low insertions
>tfw can't train them because I don't want to make my already shitty ankle flexibility even worse

autismscience

even though you showed me a picture I still can't bring myself to believe it. It's just too illogical. Why would there be one certain muscle on the body that's just spontaneously huge on some people due to genetics?

Maybe he climbs a lot of stairs or is a rock climber or something

those low calves look disgusting desu. it looks like the calf itself skipped leg days

Fucking kek

Gotta hit them fuckers 2-3 a week,and you gotta hit them fucking hard.Still able to walk after 3 sets?No you fucking don't,get your ass back to those calf raises and bust another set of 16-20.You need to abuse your calves bro.You need to imagine you just got home from work early and found your calves laying in bed with your girlfriend.You need to imagine your calves doing that ISIS beheading shit.You need to treat your calves like a redhead stepchild that rapes babies.I'm not saying to treat your calves like Chris Brown beats Rihanna,I'm saying you need to beat your calves like a 14 year old treats his dick while living across the street from a nudist sorority house.You need to make those fuckers burn.Finally need a wheelchair to get out to your car from the gym?Bullshit, go back and do another set of fucking calve raises

These are calf implants and this pic has been posted a few times.

does cycling work calves?

I got 17 inch calves and good insertions so I'm happy

sure thing baby calves

I got 15 inch calves and good insertions so I will be happy.

run. i could never grow my calves until i start running.

running causes cancer tho

Literally like everything causes cancer

>calf implants

stop with this meme

I got 17 inch calves and arms, what are the chances lol

As soon as people stop getting them

>walked on my tiptoes my whole life because autism
>calves look like nothing

Walking on your toes doesn't cause the actual motions that build muscle.
You're just keeping them taught.

It's true.

I did the protoss walking which involved going up and down as you tip toe, so mine ended up pretty big.

>My calves won't just grow

What else do they do?

middle kek

My sister in law has really good chinese calves, perfect inserts, she don't like them though

SS + GOMAD

Years of walking, running, and moving on my ball/midfoot have given me calves as big as my thighs in front view.
(Although I started lifting recently and my thighs do gain faster than my calves so they're falling out of equilibrium)
Something I'm starting to do is whenever I'm standing I'll just bounce on my midfoot by a little under an inch for as long as I can, you can feel the been in just your calves.

Post your calves fag