Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Rotator cuff exercises
peninsulaortho.com/downloads/Impingement.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=J9yRiOeVvIM
youtube.com/watch?v=kL3cIDFUafU
t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should've learned proper form m8

Isn't it an issue of neglecting flexibility, rather than form?

Anyone know how to get rid of it without a doctor?and thats also a way to get it

three months break from lifting
tons of mobility work with
tons of rotator cuff work
for 9 months with break from shoulder work

I recently injured my rear delt I believe because every time I do shoulder workouts it feels like I just got a vaccination there it bugs me

Any example of rotator cuff work that would be best for this?

>impossible to press bar any straighter overhead
>jaw dropping flawless unwavering form
>shrug at lockout, etc
>no mobility issues can do shoulder dislocates EASILY
>also athletic and never had even the slightest shoulder issue before
>shoulder impingement immediately from ohp and goes away if I quit doing it

Need examples for rotator cuff exercises plz

Face pulls are good. I like to do them with the double bicep finish.
Also any external rotation stuff

rip recommends presses and chins for rotator cuff issues. he is not a fan of working things in isolation when their natural function is to work as part of a system. I would listen to rip. when it comes to injuries he really knows his shit.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Rotator cuff exercises

yeah i mean he basically had to quit competitive lifting because of them. the same thing that happens to almost every competitive lifter. good thing lifting more solves the problem, right?

Face pulls and shoulder dislocations. Google them. Do them light, do them regularly they are your friend.

rip got injuried in horse and motorcycle accidents, has had two shoulder surgeries and can still press relatively heavy and do chins at 60+. so yes, lifting does seem to work well.

Rest and take it easy brah dont let this get you down we are all gonna make it

actually he got iniured bench pressing or so he claims and had bursa irritation in his hips from squatting.

light lifting seems to work well im building muscles back to normal after acute injuries. this is a standard recovery protocol and not what's being discussed.

>actually he got iniured bench pressing or so he claims
where does he claim that? he claimed horse/motorcycle accidents in his reddit AMA, but he has had a ton of injuries, most of them unrelated to lifting.
>bursa irritation in his hips from squatting.
everyone who gets old will have injuries, but as far as I know he still squats heavy so it can't be that bad.

>this is a standard recovery protocol and not what's being discussed.
we are discussing rotator cuff exercises. are you implying that pink 2lbs DB exercises are the correct tool to address a rotator cuff problem? or do you agree that presses and chins are more useful?

>>shoulder impingement immediately from ohp and goes away if I quit doing it

You might have poor forearm mobility that is forcing your shoulders to compensate or not move properly when you raise them overhead. Do you also experience the same problems with dumbbell overhead presses?

>where does he claim that
constantly on his forum. google it

> everyone who gets old will have injuries, but as far as I know he still squats heavy so it can't be that bad
he had to give up competitive lifting because of it so yes it can. still doing a movement that fucks you over is retarded, not praise worthy.

>2lbs DB exercises are the correct tool to address a rotator cuff problem? or do you agree that presses and chins are more useful?
neither. i'd do band work as any pt worth a shit would recommend as well.

He admits he fucked his shoulders up from benching too much in isolation from overhead pressing. Over time, doing this will seriously fuck up your shoulders if you aren't very, very careful. That's why SS (and all his training) heavily emphasises a 1:1 ratio between bench press and overhead press

Yes, he injured himself lifting, but he's learnt from his mistakes, admits to them, and tries to prevent the same thing happening to others via his training advice.

yeah and just like every retard trying to make a buck off lifting he claims "if i only did x instead of y then z would never of happened".

yet z almost always happens no matter what you do. the simple take is that yes lifting makes you more reslient but it also makes you far more vulnerable than you'd be had you never lifted heavy.

So what's your argument? That lifting is bad for you even though it's good for you?

Considering the injury rate is lower than basically any other recreational activity with a physical component I'd say it's a fairly good investment.

But if you want to be a weakling that sucks other mens' dicks like a faggot who's in second place at a dick sucking contest, that's your call.

>Considering the injury rate is lower than basically any other recreational activity with a physical component
lmfao no not even close. show me the data which proves user who learned everything from a chinese cartoon board who is now going into heavy barbell training is less likely to get injured than throwing a frisbee around or jogging. your cherry picked data will inevitably completely ane utterly fail to account for realistic variables.

the fact is lifting heavy things forces the body to adapt and through this very mechanism also creates a major risk for injury. nothing more needs to be said my blindly following pea brained moron.

Sorry I can't hear you through the sound of all those testicles slamming against your face.

You must really love sucking dick. Honestly I admire your commitment. Who knows - if you committed yourself to lifting you might actually make some gains.

epik bro u rly showd him xD high five

enjoy being another meme victim in few years time in the rubbish bin, kid

You got called out on bullshit, suck shit faggot.

Even if the rate is lower, the accidents/injuries are normally severe, sometimes even crippling. But the rate isn't lower so you're a just a fukin druggo

Btw, he's now paralysed from the waist down

I'm right there with you bro, ~4 weeks have passed. I had been focusing on form in bench/OHP obsessively, but neglected my posture/flexibility and muscle imbalances.

I went to see a doctor, 2 hours later
>"Come back in 6 weeks if it doesn't feel better"
asked him if I should be doing any stretches
>"No"

asked ex gf who is a PT, she sent me this - I've been doing the stretches and its helped a lot, its starting to feel back to normal - hope this helps you (ease into it) peninsulaortho.com/downloads/Impingement.pdf

In the meantime you can work on legs/core (don't overdo it)

>peninsulaortho.com/downloads/Impingement.pdf
Thanks for that pdf m8

WTF happened?

Just went through with it. Sling for 5 days. No lifts for 3 weeks. Did shoulder rehab after the 5 days for 2-3 weeks. Went back lifting after those 3 weeks of rehab. Was only doing leg machines.

I'm good now, shit was super gay. Couldn't even type or play video games with my arm fucking down. I was ohping 120 3x10 btw. I didn't come back doing the same weight. I just started with the bar because I was scared. I'm back now, but walking on my hands I don't do anymore. Don't want to waste gains. Another reason why I quit sports, injuries waste too much time and money. Tore my acl and lost 6 months of gym time, that was the worst.

Severed spinal cord due to the bar falling on his vertebral column.

Anyone have any success/ opinions on the jobes rotator cuff program?

First do facepulls, shoulder dislocations and external rotations (all preferably with a band). Then, when you start working back into lifting with a barbell, avoid wide grip benching, lateral raises, upright rows and any exercise that puts your shoulders into an internally rotated position. Stick to rows, chinups and overhead presses (they might even heal your shoulder if you do them properly with a shrug).

he didn't clean up the weights behind him, so when he dropped the bar it bounced on the weights behind him and severed his spine.

a fitting end for a dumb shit crossfitter.

THIS IS WHY YOU ALWAYS CLEAN UP YOUR WEIGHTS.

Tough bastard is still working out.
Fair play to him, even if it's crossfit.
>inb4 somebody notices the qts laughing

Kevin Ogar
>tfw smaller calves than a fucking paraplegic

youtube.com/watch?v=J9yRiOeVvIM
youtube.com/watch?v=kL3cIDFUafU

i do these after all my push days and it's pretty good. fuck i love athlean x. i sound like a shill but oh well

Tfw achilles tendonitis :'(

How bad is it? Walking boot for 2-3 weeks then rehab for 2-3 weeks. Don't do calf raises

do some flossing bro, i wish you a speedy recovery

Dont listen to any of thr above bullshit
I had shoulder impingement a few years back, then i found this article and never had an issue since:
t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs

Your welcome op

>go out on first tinder date with qt
>f close
>get mono
>can't lift
>can only sleep
>so tired
>rip gains

>tfw my collar bone pops whenever i move my right arm from its resting position

HI I love you don't give up