/cutting/ general

How's the cut going?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodaddictsanonymous.org/faa-food-plan
jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=24448
nutritionaustralia.org/national/frequently-asked-questions/general-nutrition/nuts-and-health
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know, I haven't weighed myself since I haven't had a good shit today.

I ate some delicious chicken and broccoli though, it was good

What has you down user?

If I'm currently at ~25% bf, 227 lbs, 6' 1", would I be able to hit 190lbs, ~10.5% bf by the end of the year? I'm already down 13 pounds from 240 lbs but I'd really like to reach a decent bodyfat level so I can bulk and get juicy.

3rd meal of the day is coming up. Feeling damn good and going strong. Little bit sore from lifting yesterday but it was nice to start again after 3 months.

If the sticky says to shoot for about 2200-2400 calories daily and I've only eaten, say 1800 calories, is there really a downside to not eating the 400 that are left? I'd imagine once in a while is harmless but I'm more interested in the long term effects

Currently eating around 1650 cals. Too early to see results. Is 25% Carbs, 25% Fat, and 50% Protien good for macros?

Also, how do you guys feel about dairy for cutting? I only eat one cup of greek yogurt and 1 cup of soy milk a day.

That is all up to you and how you feel. The sticky is a general guide.

>even bothering to weigh and log your broccoli and lettuce

you're more dedicated than me

fair enough, but what I meant to ask was is there anything inherently negative about going too low below your daily caloric need?

Good. Down 7 lbs so far and no hunger pains.

Lack of energy and muscle loss, that would be my two personal concerns. If you aren't noticing either of those then continue doing it. However when you do start to stall with weight loss add back some calories.

Going bretty gewd, recovering from a fat week where I went on a total bender for about 7 days. The feels hurt sometimes and I havent been to the gym in 2 days and I'm totally kicking myself for it but otherwise I'm still on track. Havent gone over calorie limit at all this week!

Last week I ate without care and had a general apathy to my diet. My regular allowance is -750 but I ate at -200 last week. I suppose thats what dieting for 5 months straight does.

Back on track since yesterday.

i just wanna know what its like to be thin :'(
I think my facial aesthetics would be god tier if my face, jaw and neck was lean

81 kg
5'10
1500 calories
I walk like 4 hours a week

great
76.5 down from 82

Better than me. I gave up completely 3 months ago and I started slacking 2 months before that. In February I was 225lbs, in May I was 250lbs, last week I weighed in at 303lbs. The good news is that today I weighed in 290lbs.

how fast?

>cutting for months
>lost good amount of weight
>stubborn fat left which I hate, but if I keep cutting I'll look too small/stringy and lose too much strength

What do?

>pains
Pangs, you uneducated twat.

It has slowed down, 10 months ago I was 115kg.
Last month I was down to 75kg and hit a plateau, but I was so fucking happy with my weightloss that I started going a little crazy. Now I'm at 80kg but I'm going at it again, if only I didn't have a fucked up back and I could lift.

>Forever Skinnyfat

idk
2 months maybe?

first time cutting

>The good news is that today I weighed in 290lbs.

I really hope your 7'2

>tdee of 3000
>eating 1000 cals a day with 2.5g of gear

So far so good, don't really feel any significant adverse effects.

Just gotta hold out for 2 weeks.

I always wanted to know. What fat do you lose first when dieting?

I mean in terms of the "age" of the fat.

Example, I gain tons of weight and I gain that weight in the following places in order of first to last.

thighs> gut> arms> butt

Now, I begin my diet and start to shed weight. Would it go in the reverse order because the fat on my ass is the newest?

What kind of gear m8?

>bought a kitchen scale to easier keep track of my meals
>the scale is a piece of shit
>place something on it
>it shows one value
>remove it and put it back
>value is drastically different

6'2" 24years old
From 335 lbs to 305 in about 6 weeks, kinda platuo-nig though haven't lost any weight in the last week or so.
Trying to eat about 1500-1800 cal a day of mostly protein and some fats, cutting carbs.
Pic is today so far

so nothing?

basic shit.

gram o test, 1.5 gram equipoise.

Oops.

>Using a legitimate phrase probably makes user uneducated because you aren't knowledge on it

Kettle meet pot

Not well, was in a bad cycle of doing Keto for a few days then binging when i go out of it, then binging when im about to go back into it.

I'm done with that horseshit and going back to whats lost me 100 pounds in the first place and just count calories and start exercising again. So wish me luck, I got about 50 more pounds to lose and ill look like a normal fucking person.

Just tried out going keto again recently as well after staying out of it for over a year. 7 days of going with less than 10g of carbs each day left me in a constant state of feeling like I was in a hungover. Fuck that shit, I'm just gonna count calories as well.

Don't bully him user. It took me getting to 330 to realize enough was enough, and I'm 6'0".

Down to 299 now and still going, I'd be ecstatic to see 290.

Rounding out 3rd week of my first dedicated cut. down to about 170 from 177 so far. Not seeing any progress visually but I'm chalking it up to water retention.
Could some Veeky Forumsizens post the bf estimation charts?

>down to 184 at 6'0'' from 230
>being away from home 6 weeks (internship)
>first 3 weeks are okayish
>now bored and depressed, stopped running, stopped bodyweight faggotry because it suckz
>two weeks left
>im scared

Fat displacement is genetic. When you lose fat it will be an overall effect on your body. You might notice some places lose fat quicker than others, but there is no "age of fat". Your body just sheds weight all over. This is coming from a 5' 10" 258lbs fat ass previously 285lbs. I thought my stomach was the only place I was losing fat in, but a lot of people commented on my face being less chubby and my body as a whole being slimmer.

>cutting
>140cal from salad dressing alone

wewladdy

fuckin dressings they fuck up my saladoz

How accurate is My Fitness Pal for cutting/calorie counting? I'm 5'5", 143lbs and MFP says I should be cutting at 1200 cals. It's working ok and the fat is dropping off but I'm so hungry all the time, irritable, do stupid things, have no motivation and just felt dizzy when I stood up which is why I'm asking this (hasn't happened before). I feel like I should eat more but I've already eaten 1250 cals today and there big red numbers everywhere on MFP telling me I'm a fat greedy cunt. Been doing this for a month now but really starting to get fed up.

I'm cutting at 1500 calories. 187cm and 74 kg (6 feet 1⅝ inch, 163lbs)

I've met my protein goals so far and didn't need to lower any of my lifts. Need to eat more sallad and low-calorie stuff though. I've got headaches.

I'm 6ft.
I was at 350lbs before I dropped down to 225lbs. This 3 month break from eating healthy and lifting made me realize how much I hated being this fat and has giving me new motivation. Also I've learned to not be a perfectionist and set more general goals. Thanks user and I wish you the best, that 290 on the scale will come sooner than you think.

What's your average meal consist of? Also how long have you been on a cut? Lot of times it takes me about 4 days of eating clean for the hunger to go away.

Finished up with dinner and I only have meal left. Took a 3 mile walk earlier and still feeling good.

Return it and get a better one. Now you have one less excuse to cut. :)

Is cutting at 1000 calorie deficiency okay or might it cause me harm? I still get 122 grams of protein, hit all my daily nutrient values without taking multi-vitamins and I feel "fine" most of the time.

Thanks user. We're both gonna make it.

Usually I have porridge + a banana for breakfast
Tuna and a large (well like 300-400g) sweet potato for lunch
Brown rice and chicken with broccoli for dinner

On days when I do exercise (skipped gym today cos I'm a lazy fuck) I'd make up those cals with cashews, peanut butter, cottage cheese etc!

I've been doing it for 4 weeks or so, I've had a few cheat meals though just to keep me sane!

Dairy is good. I usually have 2 servings a day, most of the time it's greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I prefer almond milk. :p You're macros are fine, for myself, I usually do 40% carbs,15% fat, and 45% protein.

You feel like shit because you are riding a blood sugar rollercoaster to hell.

Thanks user

Green tea or black coffee?
I can't fucking decide

>been snapping and having a binge day at least once every week for the past 1-2 months
I was doing fine since February. It's not even caused by hunger. The cravings get too much and I stop caring about the diet or I rationalize eating more. I can't stop thinking about food every few seconds if I try to ignore it.
Been trying to rule things out that cause it, my current suspect is salty meals.

Good news is I've stayed at a median of 63.5kg, sharp increase after a binge and then dropping as I eat normal through the week.

That sounds great and is pretty much what I eat daily. What caused me to fall of the wagon over and over again was stuff like peanut butter and nut products. They spiked my blood sugar and led me to overeat which led to cheat days. Try planning meals ahead of time to avoid this from happening. Also I'd recommend having a cheat meal once in awhile, as in after 3 weeks of clean eating, do it on a Sunday for dinner. The reason for this is to not have the excuse of that cheat meal turning into a cheat day and that day turning into a cheat weekend.

>foodaddictsanonymous.org/faa-food-plan

You could be suffering from an eating disorder.

I gained a lot of weight last week and I was down for like 3 kilos, and I still don't know how much I have progressed.

It kind of sucks, I have cut sugar, candy, everything, eat under 1100 and I fucked it up on the weekend.

So I guess that has me down, knowing I fucked it up and I have to start over again

Coffee during the mornings and tea in the afternoon. Problem solved.

Don't look at it that way, you still did great for that week. Get back on your plan and honestly look at it while asking questions. Are you eating enough? What foods cause me to binge?

Went a bit overboard while on holiday. Haven't gained weight, but haven't lost any either

Shit, it wants me to make a whole meal out of breakfast? I usually just eat oats or eggs. Also wants me to cook something for every meal. This ain't a plan I can sustain in a family that dislikes me using the oven when it's not dinner.

no

It's possible but very unlikely

Weighing at the same weight I was 4months ago- 73kg but visibly leaner, side abs look like gills, chest shoulders getting more ripped than what I ever was and started to get tricep striations. Lost fat on tricep, now it looks smaller...instantly started to think the cut wasn't worth it, fuckin tricep obsession

Dude my TDEE is like 2500 cal a day
I'm a fatty fat fatty fatass.
Even with the dressing I'm still in the black.

It was just a party, I got high and the burritos looked delicious, it was ground turkey+fried black beans+lettuce.

My lesson is not to get high or have more self respect when going to parties.

Thanks for the comment user, I'll keep going

I started running 1 hour a day and my cut really started showing results

I could have done better today, but I ate a full pizza and stayed within my allowance so at least its enjoyable. Just expecting to hold onto water weight because of all the sodium in it.

I did also swim today but I tend not to log my exercise since I know the calorie burn from the steps is off enough as it is.

Just make sure you don't kick yourself too much for "bad days". It's a blip and just get straight back to it. You could even think about forwarding the calories to upcoming days so you can effectively manage that half tub of icecream throughout the week. It's learning not to make it a habit.

You know pain and pangs are synonyms.

You uneducated twat.

Stayed under 1900 cals for 7 months. 37lbs down. Bam. Fucking willpower man.

On another note - I want to add a plank routine to my current 6 day PPL routine. Any advice on what routine I should do?

>tfw you fell for the keto meme

Gotta go to the store and get some actual keto foods. Hot dogs and lunch meat aren't going to cut it

What's your current routine ?

jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=24448

I've been dealing with the same shit my man

it's this all or nothing attitude where if I eat something I deem is "bad" I say fuck it and end up gorging 8000+ calories

I'm guessing it's a self sabatoge thing cause I'm coming down from 270lbs, but fuck is it hard to control

I'm not really sure what to tell you though cause I'm still trying to figure this shit out myself, I guess what I wanted to say was that you aren't alone

good luck my dude

Really? I figured at 2 lbs a week I'd reach it pretty easy.

Should I try counting cals when eating just salad, or is that generally low cal enough that I don't need to worry about it?
Gonna weigh myself come tomorrow morning, hopefully I'm down to sub-85kg from starting ~87 (started at the beginning of month but got drunk and fucked up a couple weeks ago).
Also is just some simple 3 sets of squats/pushups/crunches/very light lifting alright for exercise during a cut? I'm probably going to start biking everyday as well, come September.

You are unlikely to maintain that momentum that long and you will hit plateaus. Also the lower your weight gets the more difficult weight loss will become.

Fug. Well, how long do you think I could keep up two pounds a week at least?

Five days down and I've maintained under 1700 calories per day

Ephedrine really helps tho

I don't weigh myself. I set my plan and go by the numbers no deviation.

I find weighing myself to be a distraction.

Similar to me. I sit on my arse at work all day but go to gym 5 times a week, I run 30 mins @9km/h eod.

I still feel strong and I'm losing fat. I just aim to get at least 212g of protein per day and my fat goal as close as I can. I always end up under on carbs but it's nice to know I can smash in some fruit if I feel like it.

been cutting for nearly 4 months now, down from ~95kg to ~75kg, trying to hit my goal of ~70kg
quick question tho: has anyone tried this soylent crap? it sounds pretty good, and quite cheap, i was thinking of buying some to replace a meal but is that shit even good for cutting?
i also dont really like the idea of my dinner being entirely liquid lmao

Kinda okay. Still struggling with sodium and sugar.

Carrots and green beans haven't been enough carbs to keep me from slipping into ketosis. Any recommendations for fruits with a decent shelf life?

I'm not a fan of reheating potatoes or rice so my only sources of carbs have been from vegetables.

End of another successful day of cutting. 2 more days till a full week. Still going strong.

If you go to plain greek and cut milk(or try unsweet almond) you could cut sugar easily.

I over ate by about 300-400 calories today. Birthday cake fucked me up. But my goal is 1800 cals a day, and most calculators give me anywhere from 2500-3000 for my TDEE.
tell me i'm gonna make it

Finally broke through 190 lbs, not fucking going back over it. I can't wait to get under 180, I just need to fight off my friends' offerings of alcohol

You might have boosted your metabolism. Don't sweat it user.

I guess it's going ok. Haven't eaten anything yet today, and it's 11am, so I've already skipped my planned breakfast -.-
Should I just eat more chicken for lunch?

It's ok to go over every now and then. As long as you don't do it often. If you have cheat days normally, then count that as one or deduct 100cals from the next 4 days.

I didnt fall for the diet meme. I eat whatever but don't go overboard. I go to the gym 7 days a week and losing weight.

Don't worry about sodium too much. All it really does is increase water retention. You can cut down towards the end of your cut if you really want to look 'tight'.

I personally like pears, because I love them when they are soft. Green apples tend to keep for ages, too.
Maybe have some oats for breakfast?

Depends what kind of salad. If you're talking plain salad leaves (like a bag of salad mix from the shops) then it's negligible. But some 'salads' like Greek or ceaser are considerably more calorific.
I don't weigh my salad mix I buy, but I tend to have 1/8th of the packet when making a salad, which works out to be 25grams and 8 calories.

Green tea if you're aiming for massive weight loss like me. The antioxidants help prevent loose skin.

It must be nice to have some forms of a metabolism. I cut at 1200 calories and see slow results.

Get some nuts. Really good for healthy fats.

Are peanuts good? I'm guessing I have to get ones that aren't salted

Pretty much all nuts are good, I would recommend a mix of your favourites. Pistachios are mine. Go for unsalted if you're watching your sodium intake.

Here is a link for the micros different nuts have: nutritionaustralia.org/national/frequently-asked-questions/general-nutrition/nuts-and-health