How do I get friends and a gf?

How do I get friends and a gf?

> just go up to her and say hi
How do I actually have fun conversations with girls and make them laugh?

don't have any friends to practice conversations with either.

I never know what to say. there is usually a 10 second pause after someone speaks before I can think of a response (this is when talking to girls and guys)

>tfw see grills on the train to work
> think why would they want to be seen with me when there are Chads everywhere who are better looking, louder, more charismatic and better at conversation than me

Help Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b-a1jXgAsQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

be clever

protip: asking this is like the people that make ''how do i know if i'm good looking'' threads

if you're asking these types of questions, you're already too far gone

my experience
talk to many people,its a numbers game,theres probably someone you one who is a secret shitposter

thats how you get friends

I dunno man, come and tell us when you work it out

>think why would they want to be seen with me when there are Chads everywhere who are better looking, louder, more charismatic and better at conversation than me

there are more women than men in the world
ergo, more girls than chads. chads can't handle all the girls

you can watch videos or whatnot about flirting and stuff, but in the end you're gonna need practice

the easiest place to start is probably a nightclub where the girls are drunk

if you don't have a chad tier face, you're probably gonna have to settle for mediocre girls user, sry

How?

So just go up to strangers and talk? What do I even say? I know how to say, "hi, I'm user", but after that it's a blank. I'm not good at situational openers that I've read about either

Read pic related, as well as 'It's Not All About "Me"' by Robin Dreeke

Listen to The Mating Grounds podcast (meat and potatoes start around episode 5/6)

I've read Mate

In multiple pages he says:
>if you have no friends
>if you're autistic and have no social skills
Then none of the advice will work for you

>just go up to her and say hi
its not an instruction, its a mindset.

actually listen to what they are saying and you should have a thought about it naturally. if not, then you're too anxious and you need to slow yourself down

Damn, you got more of those girls/pics?

My advice is: talk to guys, are you in college or do you have work or anything that you do that involves other people?

Just ask: "how was your weekend man? Id did this and this (dont say any pathetic stuff ofc)" and casually talk to them while your working or paying attention in class. Its so easy man.

For girls, just say hi ask m out and say you have an appointment or something and be on your way, dont overthink, do. Worry about the date and stuff later.

I unno

Dayum OP that pic is great. Those rails look perfect and they haven't been capped yet. Do you know where this spot is?

Isn't it weird standing in line for a club by yourself?
What if the bouncer doesn't let me in?

Social skills are a matter of practice. Ask questions, have some half genuine interest in the lass/lad etc. Unless you're a moron it'll come to you.
This is coming from a pretty aspie type bloke
You'll get there

>first day of uni
>have sat within communication distance with 2 qts
>word count:0

Going pretty well lads.

No, for all they know you've got friends inside. I prefer bars over clubs, it's a lot easier to talk to people. Have a coupla drinks before you try anything brah

The bouncer will let you in if you aren't dressed like a degenerate (aim for neat casual)

Good look my brother

I don't know anyone at work to ask questions too, rarely see or talk to people. I just sit at my desk mostly

Same with girls, only girls I see are on my way to/from work, or when I go to buy lunch. Should I stop a stranger on the street and try to ask her out?

The problem here is that you thing about the things you have to say. Having some prepared questions is obviously helpful but you have to talk like if she was a friend of yours, the only way to be interesting is to say whatever you hava to say. You don't have to be perfect, you don't have to agree all the time about everything. If you're talking about how to flirt you can use the push-pull technique, say something nice to her and than make a joke. This way, you lower the level of tension after the compliment. Not all the time, only at the beginning, when you just met her. This is some quick tip but it should help I think.

get drugs even chads be sucking ur balls for some sweet sweet drugs

It gets easier the more you do it, honestly.
I've been there as a freshman.

I keep a little book with me, where I just record girls ive opened to during the day. I dont have any friends to go out with and I'm pretty fucking ugly to be fair, so its a numbers game. For every 20th girl I speak to, 1 will give me their number. Then I just phone them and say do you want to go on a date.

On the date ask questions. Tell me about your friends, tell me about ur job, tell mr about your family. Its straightforward if you just accept its all a game.

At first it crippled me to see the look on a girls face, a look of disgust and horror. But every so often a nice girl will actually be nice, the key is just to write it down and chalk it up, dont lose your mind and think shes the one.

I've actually tried going to a bar a few times

Twice I went to a bar with arcade video game machines. Everyone there was with friends, and there were few girls. Do I go up to the group of girls, who I see with guys (likely their boyfriends), by myself and start talking to them?

And once I went to a normal bar. Again, filled with groups. I did try talking, went up to two different girls and used my amazing line "hows it going", they politely talked to me for 30 seconds before just walking away with "well nice meeting you"

I can't even talk loud and clear enough for people to hear me at bars

Yep, thats how females are. You try and be nice and they shut you down. Unless your in the top 20%.

I want you to do things.

Next time you are in the gym and you see a guy squatting, go and compliment him on his good squat technique.

Take 2 hours over the weekend and think what interests you - books, films, comics, DIY repair, climbing, hiking, etc. - and write it down. Now either join an established club or better yet - organise one yourself.

Even if you fail doing the latter you would have spent more time talking to people and doing something cool than just sitting in the corner and feeling miserable.

PUA sucks.

if youre going to the bar by yourself, heres some tips.

>get there early enough to get a seat at the actual bar, around 8 or so
>start drinking
>when people come up next to you, make small talk with them while they wait for their drink to come
>just cause someone talks back, doesnt mean they want to be your friend all night
>talk with enough people, and eventually youll find someone cool
>it gets easier as the night goes on and people get drunk
>this only works if you are at least average looking and can fake social confidence to at least some degree

I can feel my bank account being drained just by looking at this picture

Start talking to everyone. If you are in the line at the grocery store, talk to the cashier. Not too much, but when she says hello, say "hi, how are you." Start small if you need to

Honestly, the best advice i can give you is to get a retail job if your dont have a career job yet. It forces you to interact.

how do I deal with girls who literally stare at me at the gym?
I could smalltalk if we were about to do the same exercise, but she doesn't squat or anything, just messes with machines and dumbbells that's not going to happen, and surely I'm not gonna interrupt mine and her workout out of nowhere, wouldn't even know how to.

>if you have no friends
>if you're autistic and have no social skills
>this only works if you are at least average looking and can fake social confidence to at least some degree

That's about it, the question now is if it's better to accept to be alone forever or try to do something and probably fail

How do I not make it an interview?

>tfw get into conversation with qt co-worker, waiting 30 minutes for a bus
>ask her a million questions, she doesn't really reciprocate questions
>convo was pretty boring, didn't make her laugh or anything

just work on social gains elsewhere. Volunteer, get a job, idk.

stop being boring, get hobbies and have a personality

make extended eye contact with her

and then what?

As with damn near everything in life it's a matter of practice.

Start by making small talk with people who are near you. Maybe in line to buy your groceries or to pick up something.

Use these instances to talk and learn how to express yourself whilst paying attention to visual cues. If someone is interested in small talk they'll continue talking to you. If they just say "yeah..." or seem generally disinterested then you'll be able to tell.

Don't set your bar super high at the start with only talking to smokin' hot chicks, instead make it a goal to talk to everyone no matter what they look like or their gender. You'll get insane amounts of practice and eventually it comes naturally.

"picking up girls is like a ball. Throw and catch"
Wise words from Da' man himself.

Shutup faggot, as long as you dont have autism or ass burgers. You should be fine just practice.

Holy fuck literally me all day today (second day of college). I've had girls give me the sexy "up down" look but im just too pussy to start up a conversation, doesn't help that I also have a low voice

>Qt grill vs busty amazon

Hnnnnnngh

Fuck you. Everyone deserves to at least have a chance at happiness.

I have a home gym

I've looked at meetup, nothing there really interests new, where do I find clubs

I already have a career or I'd take a retail job

How do I talk to cashiers when there are people behind me who think I'm holding up the line by talking to the cashier. The cashier might even think I'm holding up the line

Volunteer. Find something at interests you, then go volunteer. As part of the volunteering, others will speak to you. Take your to become part of the group, before you ask someone out. There are so many organizations that need bodies. If you have no interests, then you are back to that autism thing and you are screwed.

Birds and the bees

>low voice
>grow beard
>get swole
>slay pussy

Talk to them anyway. Just not for too long. Timing is an important part of social skills too, or so I've been told.

How do I get a personality?

i have no friends and live in the suburbs

the more interesting stuff, like volunteering at a hospital, soup kitchen or with animals all require references or are too far away from me

not much available to volunteer for tbqh

will make an attempt at talking to them more

i do ask questions usually
most of the time though, i can't think of something relevant to the recent discussion

>thicc on the left
Merciful christ help me I'm this close to humping my monitor

Whose this? Nothing comes up on google.

Ana Cheri, posted here all the time

25 yo beta male. Hot girl way out of my league always touching my arm and shoulder when she laughs (like 6x yesterday). Does she want the d or are some girls just really touchy?

>that's the hottest girl he could pay to pose like that with him and not even look like she enjoys it

Yeah, probably don't take his advice.

Better to start your own thread

Ty senpai

I have seen that pick already.

I said it and I'll keep saying it.

That's some solids 10/10

Touchy means she wants the dick

OP here, i'll list all of the girls i saw today that were within speaking distance of me:

>on the way to the bus stop, cute girl in front of me
>at work, see girls in the halls. they are from different divisions of the company than me.
>on the train home, two good looking girls sitting near me. i sit in the quiet (no talking) area of the train
on top of that, sometimes when walking on the sidewalk there are girls i pass or girls walking in the opposite direction

how can i even talk to any of them?

touchy, I had two girls who would do that one of them was a class clown and the other was married...wait a minute

dig into her responses until you find something you can comment on, an interest you have in common, a similar experience to tell her about, some reason you disagree with her...

Learn to relax in the silence. Say whatever you want to say
If you meet 100 people and 80 of them like you, donĀ“t give a shit about the other 20.

Catch yourself in the feeling of worrying, accept that feeling in your stomach and basically say "Yeah, I acknowledge this"
the moment you start analyzing the feeling you start stuttering in your mind and it fucks things up

just fucking go up and ask how they're doing. ask if they're coming from/going to work/school, give an anecdote that slightly relates to their answer then keep asking questions. if they respond positively ask for their number. ezpz. initiating conversation is half the battle but its not fucking rocket science, you're just scared.

the pain of regret is worse than the pain of failure

Practice in stores and customer service bitches. They have to speak to you, obvs don't start chatting shit if it's busy or they'll get pissed off.

I do it for fun even though I have a gf. Learn to have fun and don't try to get anything out of it.

Eg. I went to the store tonight to get food for dinner bought some chicken, chicken casserole mix and the ingredients. Girl on checkout was pretty. So I asked if she could guess what I was making for dinner, she laughed and said she liked chicken casserole. I said the packet serves 4 I'll drop yours off tomorrow. She laughed.

I left feeling good and it probably Madehurst feel food someone was flirty with her.

I also like to smile at women when walking past them, if they're attractive. Often I'll get a nice smile back. Start small.

What if you do have autism

>How do I get friends and a gf?
You have to not need them.
How you do that is up to you.

watch rsd todd, and tyler and Julien

fuck what people say about pick up artists, listen to these guys and go get laid

imo, don't interrogate someone.
What is a place that you go to often that you would like to pick up a grill? Bar?

>What is a place that you go to often
i have no friends, so it's hard to find an excuse to leave my house

pretty much go to work, come home, gym (at home). and sometimes i buy food

>>on the train home, two good looking girls sitting near me. i sit in the quiet (no talking) area of the train
If you are looking for a seat, ask if you can sit next to them. Thank them and introduce yourself, say like "Name's user".
They will reply with their name, ask them where they are headed off too and just keep building off from there.
Say they are heading to there house, ask if they have lived there their whole life and how they like it there. Say stuff about your home town. Just keep trading off information. Eventually, you are gonna have to grow some balls and ask if you could catch up with them more because they are cool, then ask for their numbers or some shit.

You have co-workers. You sound free almost all the time. Ask some co-workers if they want to hang out sometime this week, that you aren't doing anything. Could be going out to eat, visiting a museum, or maybe even seeing a movie ( I personally don't like that option because there is no talking ).

I've had this happen before too. I was really beta too. What do when girls are drunk and possibly find me attractive but too beta to act alpha?

Fuck me.
Nigga if you want to be successful you need to step outside of your bubble wrapped world.
As for meetups, most people that go have some sort of social anxiety, so you'll fit right in.
Just don't sperg and talk about Hitler doing nothing wrong, or WWII tank destroyers.

Always remember... there is only one secret acronym in life. BUS.

b ur self.

>Dat picture

I remember using the pickup line once - worked well:
"Hey Annonnette, I am a firm believer in you are what you eat. And by this time tomorrow, I aim to be you"

It turned out opposite tho, she ended up being me instead.

That's the most autistic shit I've read all day.

youtu.be/b-a1jXgAsQI

Thank me when you're drowning in pussy.

Then it's over mate, just accept that you have a disability.

fine just stay at home and shitpost with other losers on Veeky Forums for 16 hours a day dude.

To be honest, the easiest way to meet people and get an easy conversation is by getting a new hobby that involves a group of people. Go to your gym and looks for courses if they have, like boxing or whatever. You get an easy topic to discuss with them (the activity you're doing) if you don't know what to talk about

also stop being a faggot and care so much about the conversations before they happen, makes them unnatural

So going by you I should have said
>lemme give you ol lickaroo
Instead?

Autistic or not, it got me gobbies

why don't you save your lust after college? why don't you just focus in school and make bank after you graduate? when you have a lot of money a lot of girls will notice because by then you will have money to dress decent, have a car, credit and confidence maybe.

Because life gets harder after you graduate, not easier.

>a similar experience to tell her about
i have zero experiences

i overhear coworkers, and the popular ones always have a story of something they or a friend has done

why would they say yes to that? they have their own friends and plans. why risk it with hanging out with the awkward guy?

if she's you... and you're posting here.. then..

LONDON

No risk no glory. The faint of heart don't deserve success. Life is a war. Are willing to fight? Trust me. You don't want to watch your life pass you by while.

sauce?

guys, this is important:

INDOOR BOULDERING

First off, it's Veeky Forums approved. but the main thing is, IT"S SO EASY TO MAKE FRIENDS

1) Start going at a regular time so you can see the same people. I go 10-12 every night (lift there, too).

2) Just sit there, do your thing, and when someone's on the wall, give them encouragement. You got this, etc etc

3) If they succeed, say 'nice man, that was sick' and if they dont be like 'that was sick, good job'

start talking about climbing or what youve been doing on the wall

talk about climbing for a while

then say

'My name is user, by the way'

they reciprocate

boom, a new friend

what do you do?, live around here? how long been climbing?

etc etc

plus all the girls who climb are hot a fuck. just dont be a creep, be friendly, keep it on the climbing and you're all good duders.

seriously, i moved to a new city and have made some good friends this way. just be nice, and if they suck or you suck, just go back to climbing.

after a while, ask them for their number to start climbing sometime

i meet people every day doing this. get their numbers, txt about climbing, then maybe txt about something else. it's that easy.

everyone else has trouble making friends too, so when you put in the effort, it pays off.

I hope this helps somebody.

>@ kfc
>order chicken
>girl orders chicken after me
>i look at her and she looks at me and i quickly look away cause im too shy
>place is empty and sit down somewhere
>she sits down behind me
>she tries looking at me when im towards the counter
>i just try my hardest to ignore her

i just cant handle it my life would just be simpler and easier if i never tried

Work on getting friends first because girls will be weirded out once they figure out you have no friends.

To make friends, take up hobbies. Martial arts and team sports are really good for making friends. But really any hobby that has a social aspect to it is good.

guys, dont think about meeting a gf

think about meeting a friend who is a girl

just treat women like normal people and become friends with some

you then meet their friends and so on and so on until you find someone you like who likes you

most people dont go from strangers to lovers. at least I don't know.

usually people have some type of connection, someone who can put in a good word, etc etc.

so focus on making friends first. then meet some girls and just treat them as friends.

a gf will come, but guys remember you only get a handful of girlfriends in your life. so its not gonna come around every week. just be patient, as long as you're making friends, you're making progress.

Drink some alcohol in public places. The more often you drink the better you will get over time at talking uninhibited.

Alcohol is really the answer to your problems but it will create other problems in its wake. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

what

You have to be willing to fail and embarass yourself to get good at something. You won't magically wake up one day and be able to talk to girls. It's going to take practice, which means months of awkwardness and embarrassment.

Rejection therapy. Look it up.