ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/1/238.full
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-34
nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-1-2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113752/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mayo
>keto

you are not gonna make it.

>eating literal horseshit and turds so you can have a heart attack quicker, no pump in the gym or any energy

Just got done eating a huge pot of pasta and beans, gonna snack on a bag of frozen blueberries soon. Even if I was cutting one of my main foods would be sweet potato. Get a clue

>hamburger
>keto

i bet it goes good with diet coke and low calorie mediterranean salad with some dressing huh?

you do realize that chicken is breaded right?

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. This board is shit thanks to people like you. Stop posting.

you realize keto is low fat, right?

Lel. Keto is not low fat, it's high fat , moderate protein , and no carb

dumbass spotted

mayo is made of eggs

Keto isn't sustainable, is not more efficient than a high carb diet at the same deficit and does not allow you to exercise properly.

Kill yourself.

your life on keto:

>low energy
>weak
>energyless
>tired

Lol typical bro-science cuck detected. Not doing the smallest amount of research but jumping into a diet some bro briefly described.

you are a fucking idiot,the ingredients clearly state there is sugar,and sugar is a carbohydrate.the nutritional information statement is wrong and you're a retard for not realising this sooner.

>low energy
>weak
>energyless
>tired

This is just the side-effects of a cut in general, keto or non-keto.

>low energy
>energyless
>kek

nobody's saying stuff your face with mayo either, bro
you can still consume some carbs on keto, if I'm not mistaken

you're retarded.a proper cut with -500 calories and a good analogy between carbs protein and fat will NOT make you feel tired. because you will be burning fat off your system as energy and you will replenish your energy deposits in your liver and muscles with carb intake.
if you feel overly tired or energyless on a cut (or on any diet) you're doing it wrong.

t. someone who has never cut

Come back when you struggle in the gym during your cut

This debate between keto and calorie deficit is retarded.

Both have been proven to work just fine for weight & fat loss. It just depends on what you are currently dieting for and what your goals are. Ie. If you're just looking to shed off lots of fat quickly and are new to self control with eating you have much more freedom with keto diets and have the results you expect, but, keto is only a short term diet. It is not able to be maintained for longterm. Its also great for if you are already muscular and just want to get a really good cut for summer but dont want to actually cut calorie intake. The calorie deficit is a normal healthy way to manage your weight and fat production once you get control of your eating habits.

So think of it like this.

KETO: Rapid fat "only" loss, easy for beginners and the bodybuilders, no cheats, SHORT TERM ONLY

Calorie intake: LONG TERM, slow even weight loss, allows room for cheats

Yes you can have some carbs. I wouldn't get too worried about the amount in a condiment like mayo. Ketchup could be a little high depending on what your daily carb allowance is, though. In OPs pic, I'd pay more attention to the breading on the chicken and if it was fried in vegetable oil.

>negligible amount of sugar is listed because it is required by law
>calls me an idiot
You realize you're making yourself looking even more retarded, right?

Can you all stop posting on Veeky Forums, please. You have no clue what you're talking about.
A diet that consists of zero carb, low fat and high protein is referred to as, PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast)
A diet with very, very low carbs (20-25g/day) moderate protein, and high fat. Is referred to as a KETO diet.

>Come back when you struggle in the gym during your cut
i dont need to cut because im at 11% bf,thanks

So you obviously don't know how it feels to be on a cut yet you try to come of as an expert

yes what?

Not who you replied to.
You're partially right, cuz the diet called "atkins" is a keto diet, that psmf stuff is a keto diet, eating very little to no carbs and only eating protiens and just enough fat to prevent keto acidosis. Basically any diets that causes the body to go into a ketogenic "shock" or ketosis and increase ketone productivity. Are all called KETO diets

I already know this, but I appreciate you making things clearer for other people.
Have you read anything by Lyle Mcdonald?

What is it about keto that triggers so many of the nu-Veeky Forums keyboard geniuses?

It's hard for them to accept they've been fed lies all their lives with that food pyramid shit

Keto is the one true lifestyle

anyone who took biology in highschool can tell you its unhealthy and long term use will lead to damage.

stop posting pls

everyone knows a diet consisting purely of meat and green vegetables is very unhealthy and can result in death

Im sure i have, i read alot about health and human anatomy. I don't dwell too much on the person writing it. I just try to see if i can find a correlation with their information with others and in other practices. I have done the keto thing when i was young. Now im testing the caloric intake myths.

>Beef or chicken with a salad
>Will lead to damage

Check your ideas m8

>hurr durr muh caveman diet

>people who do keto
>people who look like they lift
why is it never possible to pick more than one?

wtf I love carbs now

Do you even know what keto is and how it affects the body?

>keto is best because it allows you to eat literal shit that will kill your arteries

Keto made me legit retarded. I felt like my brain worked at least 40% less efficiently. I could barely study. I found cycling carbs to be a lot better

if you cut carbs to enter a deficit then yeah of course you will feel tired

Yes that is what i am saying

The other user said you didn't

>brain runs mainly on carbs
>ketofags dont eat carbs
explains why you ketofags think eating all that fat is good for you, you guys literally cant think properly

>inb4 muh ketones

if you keep the carbs high and cut fat to enter a deficit you will still feel high energy

high energy>can train harder>keep more gains

nobody on /fit should be doing keto

keto is the anti-athlete diet

that's normal
people who recommend it claim they didn't notice a difference and they don't lie. that's because they were retarded even before keto
that's the most tricky part of the keto troll

Keto flu. You were eating too many carbs to get into ketosis but not enough for you function normally. You're basically a retard.

Your body converts protein into glucose

albeit it's a slow proces

Try that out and tell me how it worked

Spoiler, it's a shit diet.

>Your body converts protein into glucose
>ketofags think that catabolizing protein into glucose in miniscule amounts is a good thing
kek

also that is literally your body telling you that you need carbs

>start keto sunday
>have worst workouts of my life monday and today
>decided to eat carbs again while just eating a normal deficit

I'm just gonna do half keto where I avoid shitty carbs like sugar

You asked what the brain would use as energy, i answered.

Your body will use ketones as fuel while the scarce glucose in your body is used for essential processes. Nothing unnatural or weird about that.

I'll tear off that piece of shit you call a head and ram the sweet potato down your fucking throat hole.

YOU'RE A FUCKING CHOIR BOY COMPARED TO ME. A FUCKING CHOIR BOY!

>Try that out and tell me how it worked
I did and it was miles better than a regular deficit or just low carb. Literally had no cravings ever plus am the leanest now than I have ever been

but that's just the normal, sane way of cutting, that people have been using since forever with good results (as opposed to feeling like a ghost, looking small and losing size and strength by the day)
ketofags don't recognize the difference because they have no size or strength they'd like to maintain, though

You also managed to lower your testosterone levels

Good job

Enjoy your lmaonogains you noncommittal faggot. You're worse than the ketofags.

except that carbs increase your testesterone levels

ketofags btfo

I'm tired, I responded twice to the same post.

One was meant for

why would I want to commit to a diet that makes it so I can't even lift right

>just stick with it man it gets better after a few weeks

nah fuck that

There is a positive correlation between diets high in fat and testosterone levels

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2352035

I eat a lot of chekan.

ITT: we use mean words and very little logic to debate keto vs non keto

Carbs literally also increase testosterone, look it up

>muh fats increase test
thats just an excuse for ketofags

there's also a positive correlation between not looking like you lift and posting irrelevant studies as your only arguments

I think best diet is bean + chekan maybe salad leaf and variety nuts. With shakes to rest.

>no oats
>no sweet potatoes
>no pasta
>needing heart attack quantities of fat to bulk
Why?

2:1 carb to protein ratio also provides a huge test boost

Commitment? Seriously to a diet that takes fat off you in matter of a week or two vs a month or two. Also its going to only shed fat due to the high calorie intake you can have while on it. "COMMITMENT" is a very stong word for something you should only use for like 2 months max as strict as possible. Not like The idiots that use the nu-atkins bs and wonder why they dont have the rapid weight loss or any weight loss at all.

I was 6'0" 320lbs and in the first 30 days on my strict keto diet, i droped 50lbs. Then i started to add stuff tobthe diet like it tells you too. Which i continued for about a year and lost a total of 105lbs. It was not because of a deficit, i was putting down easily 5000cal in a day, or even sitting. So anyone who doubts a keto diet can lick my fat smelly balls.

>I was 6'0" 320lbs and in the first 30 days on my strict keto diet, i droped 50lbs
ahahhaahhah

no shit at that weight you literally would only need to stop shoving food into your mouth the whole time and you would lose weight you fatass faggot

Oh, jeeze. You believe that bullshit. Meat and fats cause cholesterol meme?

Really I'm not a keto doubter, I did keto properly in the past and lost like 20lbs with it (went from 170 to 150 so that's a decent amount) and really liked that I was never hungry. Although I'm pretty sure you end up being not hungry because you don't want to eat the foods you're allowed to eat because the diet is highly monotonous. Not that that's a bad thing I'm just saying.

But now that I lift more seriously I'm just not sure keto makes sense for me like it did before.

Keto is great, I can even eat a big scoop of REAL FOOD and a pint of Ben and Jerrys every motherfucking day and stay in ketosis because the REAL FOOD goes straight to my god damn muscles and the south beach diet lets you eat fuckin fruit which is basically the same as ice cream. Think about this shit logically it makes fuckin sense right b.. right?

>keto is great guys, it allowed me to stop being obese/overweight and become overweight/skinnyfat instead. and no, it wasn't the deficit, it was keto.
literally every ketofag thread/post ever posted on the internet summed up

Are you faggots seriously suggesting that keto isn't a very effective diet for losing fat?

There have been so many studies on this diet that time and time again prove how effective it is

I don't think keto should be hailed as some magic diet that somehow burns fat better than a regular diet would, but it is good for overweight people who have problems with sugar addictions and overeating in general.

I read this last night and I think it really explains a lot

wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2013/04/glucagon-dietary-protein-and-low.html

>Beyond the metabolic/hormonal effects of low-carbohydrate or high-protein diets, these diets may also be effective because of changes in the reward and palatability value of the diet (and food variety, a related factor). Getting rid of pastries, donuts, soda, fries, and pizza goes a long way, and taking one or more items off the table (e.g. bread) tends to reduce total food intake even if everything else remains the same. The potato-only diet is a good example of this (19, 20). Over on Mark Sisson's forum, a number of people have been repeating Chris Voigt's experiment of eating nothing but potatoes, with similar weight loss results (21). To be clear, I'm not recommending this approach, but it certainly illustrates the power of a monotonous diet.

I was actually thinking today it might be possible that keto wouldn't be as effective if you were really gung ho about taking advantage of all the clever low carb recipes that are out there in lieu of just eating cheese and eggs every day like most people do. Don't know for sure though

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23155696

Yeah except studies show that keto diet is more effective than hypocaloric diets

for the first 3 days and then you never get tired throughout the day and think much more clearly. i feel bad for the lazy fucks eating carbs now tho even tho i wille eventually become one again on a bulk.. Ketosis is too amazing i never want to leave its like no fap times 10

a couple studies done on rats and people who don't lift, if anything
I'd rather take advice from people like people who coach athletes. none of them suggest keto is a good diet and speaking from my own experience that's true

>tfw lost 60 lbs
>tfw approaching auschwitz mode
>tfw can not stop it

Irrelevant. I did keep the weight off for quite some time and started lifting while on keto. And went from 215lbs to 230lbs in just over a year. Then i got very ill (swineflu or h1n1) and just stopped the diet. I was able to continue eating normal while lifting for a short time, then dropped out of school for my GED and started working.

Now i am 6'4" had a back injury from work brought me up to 305lbs and i have done a caloric deficit diet this time, with a bit of skepticism in mind. But it has had greatvl results. I had lost 30 - 35lbs in the last 5 weeks. So again you can lick my sweaty nutsack.

It says fucking 0g sugars, you retard.

>obese children and adolescents
yeah those studies are always like that
just fucking L O L

>a couple of studie done on rats and people who lift

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945587/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/1/238.full

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-34

nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-1-2

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4113752/

Plenty of studies done on athletes in these links

You guys are so emotionally invested in believing keto doesn't work that you go through some extreme forms of mental gymnastics to tell yourself it doesn't work.

Why? It doesn't matter if it works or not, nobody is saying YOU should go on a keto diet. If you have a diet that works for you, great, keep doing that. But don't be so arrogant as to say keto isn't an effective diet. And yes the diet also works for athletes as the studies above have showed.

you lose more water retention on keto, which is why they think it's magic

>you guys are so emotionally invested in believing keto doesn't work
>has like a 100 links to studies that supposedly prove that keto is good for bodybuilders/strength athletes, but they don't
the fact remains that ketofags praise keto as the best diet for cutting even for guys who lift, and that people who are lean and look like they lift don't do keto

>and that people who are lean and look like they lift don't do keto

A lot of bodybuilders are doing keto. Just a quick search on youtube shows several big bodybuilders using keto as their cutting diet.

so you literally believe what pro bodybuilders say and show on videos filmed by their sponsors. I don't know what to say

No I believe the extensive amount of studies that have been made since the 60s

>pro bodybuilders

No there is plenty of average gymbros with keto videos

You're doing mental gymnastics again. Why are you so invested in refuting the effects of keto diet? It doesn't make any sense, it's just a diet m8

because it doesn't do anything that a normal diet won't do, for most people it does less, and majority of people who have proven to have actual knowledge about strength training and nutrition are against it
and because it annoys me that there are noobs starting keto every day and expecting some special results because they've been lied to

So It is placebo times 10, nice.

>because it annoys me that there are noobs starting keto every day and expecting some special results because they've been lied to

Not him and whilst I agree keto is a meme, who cares what other people do. Stupid people do stupid things, fuck em.

Because you can eat the way as in OP's pic on a keto diet. That's why many people do it.

Anyways if science and actual bodybuilders doing the diet can't persuade you then nothing can. I'm going to bed. Good night.

>actual bodybuilders doing the diet
this guy here really thinks when a bodybuilder says he's on keto that means he really is
and sorry but studies done on obese children and cyclists don't convince me that keto is good for weightlifters, especially after I've done keto myself for a month and the results were terrible

>Can you all stop posting on Veeky Forums, please. You have no clue what you're talking about.
A diet that consists of zero carb, low fat and high protein is referred to as, PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast)
>A diet with very, very low carbs (20-25g/day) moderate protein, and high fat. Is referred to as a KETO diet.

Keto is short for ketosis, a metabolic state that occurs when your body has depleted all of its glycogen and is starving for glucose.

Being in a constant state of ketosis is not a good thing, but for some small percentage of the population (diabetics and/or the morbidly obese) it is seen by doctors and nutritionists as a necessary evil. By a larger percentage of the population (fad following fucktards) it is seen as a great new way to lose weight by almost, but not quite, starving yourself.

Fat stored in adipose tissue is not readily available for the muscles to use as energy, leading to a higher risk of health complications from exercise. Fat stored in adipose tissue, or consumed in your diet, cannot be used by the nervous system which requires glucose (explaining why you're so fucking stupid).

Furthermore, the point of entering ketosis is for the body to burn fat rapidly. Entering ketosis and then having a high fat diet is like fucking with a condom and then sharing needles. You get all of the health complications with none of the benefits.

It does work alot different than a "normal" diet. Calorie deficit will probably be a 1/3 per lbs of fat loss the rest will be more likely water and muscle tissue, since the body tends to rid of muscle first when it perceives a potential starving (deficit) period. Where keto doesn't put in starvation it puts you in a ketosis where the body perceives low carbs being accessible so it converts the body to burn fat as its primary energy. So with that in mind, means about 9/10 per lbs of lost weight is going to be all fat. With little to no cannibalism of the muscle you have.

what are your stats

This is just wrong.

Carbohydrates help build and maintain muscles.

One of the sure signs you're speaking to a bullshit artists is when they are forced to speak in terms of 'your body knowing things'. Right, my body is so fucking smart it retains weight I won't ever need and which will, in fact, become a hindrance?

Most of the fat you burn is used by visceral organs and ordinary maintenance. The energy you need to to do ANY sort of exercise, to improve musculature or cardiovascular function will, for the most part, come from carbohydrates.

You NEED glycogen if you're doing any sort of intense exercise. Don't be stupid.

What is this shit called? It's making me hungry.

The only reason why bodybuilders would even do keto would be for an extreme cut and dehydration before competition. I doubt those would keep doing it forever.