QTDDTOT

Hi

Can I substitute the daily accessories for SS (weighted sit-ups/hypertensions) for some other work, like chest or back?

Also how do I make my chest big.

was typing this up when other thread died so will post here.

it should be fine.

if hypertrophy day starts interfering with strength day because of soreness or something, consider swapping the days around (i.e. hypertrophy on Sun) or moving Thursday training back a day as well

I don't know where you got the daily work of sit ups and hyperextensions

but yes you can add some chest/back work. chins or pull ups can go on either day and you should put extra chest work on ohp day

>is lifting worth it
yeah

you can bring a book to the gym don't be so insecure

fat enough that it makes you want to vomit apparently.

you probably need more muscle

curls

looks fine desu.

its a little harder without a proper side on view, but you don't look like you're leaning over enough for it to be a concern, and don't expect to have a perfectly straight bar path - considering it was a max effort set.

not enough for you to worry about it

unless you have a sex addiction

stretch/mobilise your legs. you can look up defrancos limber 11 as a generic routine

no

no

you lose fat by being in a caloric deficit. lifting weights burns the most calories overall as well as maintainig/improving muscle mass to increase your metabolism.

just lift weights.

just because it's at a gym doesn't mean its a lifting related question

if you think you're reliable enough to coach her safely, GSLP would be a good option.

don't use smith machines though. take her through the full movement, start light and learn the movement properly, and don't worry about increasing the weight consistently each session. shes not a hardy teen who can afford to fuck about nor does she need to worry about being as strong as possible as fast as possible

It was on one of the SS links in the sticky. Why extra chest work specifically on OHP day (as opposed to bench day)?

Also, should I be doing chin/pull-ups with my bodyweight right off the bat?

Also, thanks for your response effort through the last thread I appreciate it, brah.

How much fatter can water weight make you look? Sometimes I think I look really lean, then just a few hours later I want to vomit at how fluffy I look.

Didn't see your reply, thanks man I probably do need more muscle

Can coffee help eliminate craving and subdue appetites?

thanks user

Gonna copy paste post again from thread that died

form check? I know it's ugly but tips are always appreciated.

First time ever squatting in lifting shoes, and first time ever touching 235. max effort was involved.

How to fix forward lean? How to fix bar path?

Deload is imminent solely for the sake of form.

Yeah dude, it's great when trying to cut.

Also, what the fuck does water weight even mean?
I was reading the side effects of creatine consumption and it showed up.
Does it make you look better if you already have muscles or what

Why training calves make me pee?

thanks it's always nice to hear someone appreciates it

chest work on ohp day because you're already getting chest stimulation on bench day, and at your stage the day rest should be enough so that they don't interfere with each other

and yeah with chins/pull ups the general guideline is to do BW 3xf until you can do around 12-15 each set. once you can do that you can do weighted sets instead for 3x5

What is the logic behind cold showers after a workout?

I just had one after my workout because I was hot and sweaty and needed to cool down, but are there actually benefits from it?

I recently bought a pair of dumbbells i need some upper body routines can any homie help me here

Hey Veeky Forums, can I just do deadlifts and squats once a week to focus on my upperbody because I'm like 60% ass and hamstrings and I'd like have that gymbro look, just with a decent set of legs rather than sticks.

How do I train legs without growing them? My thighs don't fit in my pants. I'm size 30/32 but I have the thighs of a 32/32 it seems.
How do I shrink my legs without becoming a total skelly? I really don't like this look. I just wanna wear 30/32's again without my upper legs bursting out of ma pants.

same, bro. i'm gonna bite the bullet and start buying 33s. i don't mind getting beefy legs though.

How do I improve my jawline?

What's a good alternative to triceps/chest dips that won't fuck up my shoulders?

How stupid am I for only doing legs once a week and hitting upperbody split twice.

I started lifting and eating 3000 calories a day a month ago. I'm 6'4 and started at 76kg, pretty skinny for my height and I am now weighing 83 kg. I count my calories with myfitnesspal (slow bulking I guess) but gained 7 kilos in a single month! Would that mean something is wrong in my diet or could it be cause I was under eating before?

cyrano?

Skelly here
When I start lifting do I HAVE to start with SS if I want to get a head start?

not stupid? legs are naturally stronger/more trained since you use them all the time.

would long distance running help? Those guys have pretty skinny legs. The question is how much of your gains it would cost

It's better than never doing legs.

But hitting legs more than once (like 1.5 times per week or 2 times) takes most of the "day after leg day" soreness away. I like 1.5/2 shorter leg days per week WAY more than one brutal.

I know this aint Veeky Forums-related but fuck it

Does anyone how what the fuck is this shit on my nose?

pic related obv

That's called a pimple user
It's a sign you're starting puberty

london?

grats on turning 12

I have recently been informed that I have absolutely horrible chest insertions. Is there any thing at all I can do to make this look some what decent, or am I fucked?

That's a mole. It means you have skin cancer, which I'm afraid is terminal. Enjoy your last months on this earth user.

Im actually 21, also I never had a lot of pimples.
I tried popping it but nothing happens.

pls respond

What's the cheapest source of animal protein?

ahh fuck that's the worst gap I've seen in my life. sorry m8 no way around it. you're fucked. work on your personality

Do I have gyno?

start lifting

either grow a full beard or shape that mop off your face

nah m8, all good.

Hhhhhhh

Sorry, your big ass nose distracted me, what was the question again?

Literally nothing to do at all? Not even if I made the actual muscle bigger?

If you were a woman, I'd fuck you. But you aren't.

Get liftin'.

If I fast and finish an intense workout I have foamy urine sometimes. I take this as a sign of either expelling fat or protein in the urine. Would taking HMB before a fasted workout prevent this nitrogen loss and result in a better nitrogen balance = faster gains?

Between conventional and sumo deadlift, which is less hard on the knees?

you can increase size, but not form. the gap will be there no matter what. your best bet is to get big as fuck and bulk up on fat as well so details and outlines of your delt don't show so much

dehydration or you fell for the 5 scoops per scoop meme

see this? your gap is even bigger than that.

Should I bother logging coffee and tea on myfitnesspal? I've never gotten a clear answer on this. I have coffee about 3 times a day, maybe one tea at night time. I give them a splash of full cream milk.

Hi, I've had reoccuring middle back pain after rows and deads

I do rows with good form and same with deads, keeping a flat back, but afterwards, I have a dull ache in the middle of my back that only goes away if I foam roll and pop it.

Is it just muscle tightness?

squats and standing OHP don't do anything.

If they are heavy,
Dumbell standing shoulder presses.
Bent Over Dumbell Rows with free hand leaning on a chair for support.
Goblet Squats

If light, do Delt Raises
Curls
Flies
Pullovers

what exercises can i do for Hamstrings/glute/spinal erector hypertrophy if i have access to barbell and pair of adjustable dumbbells only?
doing squats and deads and their variations as a main and auxiliary lifts. also for quad hypertrohpy are lunges ok?

look up how big that "splash" is and how many cals it is. Is it significant then track it, if it's not then fuck it.

RDL's + Back extensions builds your posterior chain very well mate

Just starte at uni, how do you find healthy options in the dining hall? I went today and almost 80% of it is shit bar the sushi,rotisserie chicken, and the veggies. I can't live on salad for 3 months until I get back.

Possibly the dumbest question I've asked: I hate shitting at the gym, and I always go first thing before work. Anyway, I drink my coffee, shit, then go. But sometimes it takes a little bit for the coffee to work its magic.

Any way I could reset my shitting schedule to later in the day so I don't have to wait to go to the gym?

Had an idea today, but I don't know if it'll work and I want some input.

>Tidy up instagram and make sure to have some good eye-candy posts near the top
>Set account to public
>Find cute girl you went to HS with that doesn't follow you (due to the fact that you were a skinnyfat CoD player back then)
>Message "Hey, was that you walking by *insert nearby location* yesterday?"
>no
>Make a witty comment about them having a long lost twin

Then they either:
>Look through your profile and like what they see
>They actually contribute to the conversation
>Inevitably get number, set up date, pump her like a Chevy at a Shell station

or

>They respond with one word, and show no interest
>Say "see ya around" and move along

I'm not expecting much from it, but if I got my foot in the door with just one, it'd be a success, right?

solid plan user

Current (but temporary) "gym" doesn't have barbells

Are dumbell squats a thing, it looks stupid, should I bother?

just ran across center of uni and they all gave me looks save for a few non-dyels and grills. is there something wrong with doing this?

They can certainly be done. It ends up being more of a squat/deadlift hybrid when it's all said and done though. If it's temporary, it should get you through

Try cable flies at different angles, it's what finally made mine grow

Really isn't that bad user
Put all your weight on your heels, your toes should almost be able to lift off of the ground in your shoes if you wanted to make them
Being tall (you seem decently tall) forward lean will always be a factor, it's your body trying to mechanically compensate tall guys will always be better at pulling than pressing it's physics (longer lever of arm or leg)

So I was thinking of the ideal gym bag.

It would have two main sections, one for clean clothes/equipment, one for dirty clothes/equipment, with an oversized divider in between them in case one side is more packed than the other.

There would be three smaller sections on the outside, one for shower sandals, one for shampoo/soap, and one for a towel, and there a smaller pouch in the main clean section for your keys/wallet/glasses/phone/whatever.

Everything would have meshes to prevent bad odors from building up, except for the clean clothes section so it would be isolated from the others.

Where could I purchase such a bag, or at least something close to it?

What's a good lifting app? Like one where you can record what you did/the weight. I know SL has one, but that's only for the 5 exercises they have you do if I'm not mistaken.

get a pen and piece of paper u millenial white male

I use vim to log everything and back it up with bitbucket

Ignore this old faggot. If you've got an iPhone, the app Strong (icon is just black with a blue and white barbell, minimal) is insanely clean and useful. Free to download then like $3 after you try if you wanna fully unlock it. Easily my most used app and the best purchase I've made for lifting.

Which one is better for shoulders? OHP or Shoulder Press Machine?

Also, if I can still feel my DOMs for my next session, should I still workout or wait til it's completely gone?

What's better (safety wise) spring collar or screw collar for dumbells ?

Faster muscle recovery. Ever see those athletes take an ice bath after an intense workout/game? Same thing goes.

When is it best to take your vitamins or does it not matter at all?

Before a work out? After?
In the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast? After a meal?
Before or after a protein shake?

What is a good sleep supplement stack?

Are hanging leg raises enough to work my abs?

I've never directly worked my abs, but I've started doing 3xF Hanging Leg Raises, usually supersetted with another exercise, every workout. So 6 times a week.

Do you need to take vitamins? Either way, it doesn't matter when you take them if you need them.

how's sushi?
there's this restaurant with japanese cuisine that I'd like to try but I've heard of cases where people that ate sushi had their bodies filled with worms

Depends on if you live in a shithole or not desu.

Sushi is delicious, relatively cheap, and good for you. Do it

Yea it's pretty risky, would avoid anything with rice too, wouldn't want to die from arsenic poisoning either.

live in a small city with a shit load of tourism

Guys please help me, this isn't related but I have literally no where else to go for advice. A girl just took interest in me and I have no clue how to respond and how to talk to her

Hey guys, need some advice here.
So I've been really focusing on getting fit for about half a year now, going to the gym, making good progress. Not quite where I want to be yet, still got a bit of a gut, but steady progress nonetheless. My problem is as follows.
I'm used to working out in the gym, using machines, weights etcetera. I've also been doing a bit of running, my current route is five miles. I do strength work in the gym every other day, run on the days off, and take Sunday as a rest day. So far that's worked for me.
My problem is, for the rest of the year and most of January, I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere, an hour's drive away from the nearest gym. How do you guys think substituting the strength training with a bodyweight routine and keeping the running the same would work? Would it work at all? If so, what kind of routine would you recommend?
Please help me out; I'd really like to reach my goals by next Summer.
I posted in the /bwg/ thread as well, but I'd like as much input as possible.

Ask her out for coffee. Get coffee with her. Act like a normal person and dial down on the autism. If nothing else, it's good practice for the next time this happens.

Ask her lots of questions about herself like what's her favorite color, what's her favorite animal, what's her favorite food, what's her favorite state flag, what's her favorite restaurant, etc.

im 190lb right now. i wanna go down to 150lb. im average muscle wise. does cutting junk food and soda+ jogging on a treadmill for 1 hour a day cut it?

I would love to do this but she goes to the same college as me and lives on my dorm floor. If I act the least bit autistic it's all ogre for the next year

>please respond

how do I get hungry after a workout? I've been bulking but I never feel that hungry. I get one helping of food and it doesn't seem like enough but I'm just not that hungry.

Multivitamins (animal pak in my case) before or after a workout? Me no know.

No it's really not. Speaking from experience, I can say that most people aren't as mean as your anxiety might make you think. Even if you completely sperg out on her as long as you don't do anything offensive she won't tell anybody. Plus, if she is into you, then even if you do actually sperg out if anything she'll probably find it "quirky".
I promise you dude, from experience, just take the plunge. It makes it easier in the future, and to be honest it'll probably go well.

Don't you have any male friends? Treat her like one. Women are human beings, you know. They're not some fuckin Death Dealer 3000™ that'll laser your dick off if you displease them. Have a laugh with her.

Alright thanks for the wise words of encouragement. Wish me luck

I am 6'2", was 220 lbs, cut down to 190lbs and look decently lean. I want to lean bulk but don't know when to stop cutting and start bulking. Any advice??

How do you brace your core in compounds?

Is it just simply breathing with your gut so it sticks out and then kinda "flexing" the abs?

All i feel is rage and i dont know why?it's starting to physically hurt. How do i get it to go away

Touch her back and see what happens. Not in a sperg way like poking her, but similar to how she touches you.

Does anyone else get a post lift high?

Sometimes after I really hard workout my hands shake and I feel really loose and insert fedora meme here Euphoric.

Is there a name for it? I've heard of a runners high but can lifters get it too?

is cutting at around 1800cals too little for someone at 200lbs?

that's how i did it. i flexed my core as if i was bracing for a punch.

>tfw I'm a 5'8'' manlet

Not tall but thanks for the feedback, user

any other feedback from others pls?