How many of you are joining army in your country?

How many of you are joining army in your country?

I joined 6 months ago and since have become much stronger and more fit. I think it's better than gym for many things. I recommend it. Picture it is me and my friend.

I'm not getting killed just so some Jew can get his hands on more oil. If I didn't live in the usa I would, though

nice excuse brah

What's the best branch to join for the US military?

Air force or navy

Not ^^

But nice excuse? Really? Everything you do in the military you can do on your own privately and IF you truly are in it for some sort of mislead idealism or you actually think you fight for the interests of your country (assuming NATO nations) then you are waaaaaaaaay too stupid to be using the weapons you are probably using.

> joining army
For what fucking purpose ? Did you get kicked out of high school or something

I'm in Colombia so maybe is different for me

>excuse
im not that guy but youre obviously a pleb 18 year old who doesnt know a fucking thing about life.
Great job signing away your life to be a pawn...all because you had no prospects and no skills...just a retard without promise who needs to be told how to live.

Yeah great job

no, its not different. Theres no honor left in any military

nice excuse brahs

Too bad you missed out on some glorious combat.

t.combat infantryman

not necessary unless you're a dumbass, poor and/or cant afford college or trade school.

Dad was a vet and he wants me to join. I was thinking the coast guard maybe. So I'm not directly involved in the pointless wars this country is involved in

Not that guy, but I'm in the process of joining the military. I'm 28 years old and just resigned from a career that pays 3-4x what the military ever would. This has just always been my dream.

Don't try to fit everyone's motives under your umbrella. A lot of people have a genuine desire to be in the military for lots of reasons.

Do you want the actual life recruiters promise you? Do you want adventure? Do you want a fucking insane time?
Grab your nutsack and enlist Navy SO or Army OP40.
Do you want to pretend youre cool and be a grunt? Do you want to buy a uniform and pick up chicks? Do you think actual training is too hard, but mopping floors for 10 months while going to burger king and getting a 5% discount on weekends sounds great?
Marines
Do you literally just want a job, and to get on your feet?
Air force/navy, pick a good rate
Are you too spineless to actually do anything ever?
11b
Do you want free uni?
ROTC
Do you have any apparent medical conditions or crimes on your record?
French foreign leigion
Are you a russian/turkish felon?
French foreign legion SO

hope that helps
Remember, you can die in a retirement home miserable after spending your life working for the jews, you can die doing the exact same thing but with a blip of military grunt service in there. or you could be the most dangerous person in the world by the age of 24, live more than most humans ever will by the age of 30, and have a good chance of dying before 50.
Some people jump out of planes and blow shit up for the jews, some people flip burgers for the jews.
Guess who complains about the jews more?

Couldn't, trained with Marine Officer Program but I couldn't hide my aortic stenosis so I was booted come board time. Looking back, yeah it was fun as fuck, am I glad not to have the potential to fight Schlomo's wars? Definitely.

Thanks m8

>11b
Go mop some more floors you measly fuck
100 bucks youve never seen combat

you can honestly believe whatever you want on an mongolian bbq recipe trading board.

I'm probably one of the olderfags with tours in 04-05 and 07-08

I could tell you 04 was a rodeo with insurgency on the rise in the diyala prov, najaf, (missed out on the 2nd raid on fallujah) finally the election towards the end of the tour.

>am I glad not to have the potential to fight Schlomo's wars? Definitely.

the sentence comprehension of my brain melted.

Did you actually see:
1.Direct combat at close range
2.Some tallies spray at you from 500m, you kiss the dirt and spray back for 15, then leave
3.Nada
?

congratulations on becoming an expendable peon. i'm sure your parents still think you're important, though.

You're an actual retard

>500 meter
whew

>I want to be in the military, but not really.

Other acceptable answers was military MP or reservist

so edgy compadre

Hey fellow motivator!
>graduated from OCS but declined commission at graduation

Everybody thinks it was for like one reason or whatever but it honestly was just knowing I was going to be in qunatico doing the same shit but now a bootenant for another 6 months.

It was the worst, saddest, happiest, and toughest 10 weeks of my life. Felt like a crazy adventure and I wouldnt want to do it again but I would totally recommend the experience.

My hot list for guys thinking of joining up

>quickly realizing working minimum wage atleast lets you go home and get off the clock. Military owns you for work 24/7.
>losing ALL your gains and not being in control of diet
>operating on next level of tired that anybody who hasnt served cant understand
>not having time to do anything else on the side (second jobs are big no nos)
>being a student again for 3 years (I was aviation)
>not being able to get a normal gf (you can either have a serious one that will become a wife and follow you around or you can go bang a new girl in every new place youre stationed) Girls typically will be reluctant to date if youre honest with how long you will be in their town for.

>user wants a life of adventure
>enlists as infantry
>goes through training alongside the obese and mentally ill
>ends up in georgia sweeping floors and developing alcoholism
Look at this list:
SO AIRR Diver EOD 75 Ranger PJ
If your rate was not on that list, you just fucked your entire life up.

I've recently decided I want to join the navy. gf of 2 years broke up with me a couple months ago and this has made me realize i can now do whatever the fuck I want.

What I want to do is see lots of parts of the world. Live on the ocean, and not have to wrry about shit except being good at my job. Since making this decision my mom reacted really positively and i know my 26yrs navy vet gramps is smiling down on me

originally i was going to go through college and become a teacher and then just work till i died. now im going to do this year of college while working out and losing the remaining 50/65 lbs i need to lose to be eligible to join.

going to go get some more info on it from a recruiter soon then hopefully i will be able to join up next summer

not him, but
>Navy SEALs

the only people who actually think SEALs are badass are COD kids or babyboomers who cried while watching American Sniper

SF, CCT, 17th STS, Rangers are doing the real work, and they don't feel the need to lie about their exploits in autobiographies.

tl;dr you've never served in any armed forces

aight I guess its kinda close.
I hung out with a lot of ex SO and to them thats a lot.
make it a km then

My dad shot a guy in the chest from 10 yards away back in 2002.

still too much danger

>i recommend it
Then you're a dumbass. the army needs you to be fit, that's true, but it doesn't care how you get there. If you want to get fit, you should avoid being starved, sleep deprived, and really pushing your body beyond what is considered healthy fitness. I did 3 years in idf, now i regret being in a combat unit solely because my body aches most of time.(back, ankles and knee).

>literally every single important operation goes to available SEALS, rangers are always stuck running "security" for them, while SF is busy training hajis.
Sure, they write a lot of books, but its because theyre the best aside from DEV and CAG and the gov likes their propaganda.
tl;dr,
Enjoy guarding a post office you fucking faggot

Yeah but if you actually go into combat and get shot by some zealot in a sand dune you die knowing you fell for the worst meme of all time

A haji celebrating his wedding 50km away fires his ak in the air and a bullet hits your CO in the foot.
How many purple hearts and book deals did he get?

Thanks /pol/

Better than living a mundane life and being fucking miserable all the time.
Its not for everybody, but its a pretty amazing experience if you manage to make it.

Yeah, like I said, no military experience whatsoever.

SEALs don't even have the hardest selection process.

you keep those war horror stories to yourself.

yeah, like I said, you dress up in your moms panties and whore yourself out at truckstops on friday nights
were all user here, we can all be whatever we want, so STFU
and name ONE harder selection process

If you're miserable in civ life you have some issues you need to sort out, whats so wrong? Unless you are mentally retarded or literally working min wage with no way out/homeless is the only way I could see someone join the Armed Forces in the US in a combat role. Everyone else got meme'd

We spend all of our time looking at gladiators.
Every single movie, video game, book, TV show, its all geared towards violence and conflict.
Humans are hardwired to kill each other.
Also, specialized operations are one of the closest things we have to a true meritocracy, though I dont pretend like its actually there.
Also, traveling around and doing fun shit on the government dime.

How does it feel that you've been brainwashesd by the neo-liberalism of western culture into thinking war is scary and dying in battle is anything less than a great way to die. Our culture is so pathetic compared to the warrior cultures of the past: the Spartans, the samurai caste, Norse warriors, knights. All the great men that you looked up to as a young lad weren't afraid to die in a good fight. And here you are thinking it's more meaningful to live a long life as a wageslave with a wife who treats you like shit until you die in a lonely hospital, where your children won't even bother to visit as you lie there in regret.

Enjoy your long 'happy' life, friend. Thinking that being part of the system will bring happiness is the greatest meme of all time.

bro. what the fuck. my next door neighbor of 25 years did 2 tours in Afghanistan as a paratrooper and had the honor of seeing his best friend blown in half right in front of his eyes.

Everybody who has actually seen this type of combat would give anything and everything to have never joined.

Dont mislead yourself. War is hell.

don't even bother trying to explain.

It's plato's allegory of the cave.

>Enjoy your long 'happy' life, friend. Thinking that being part of the system will bring happiness is the greatest meme of all time.

but muh retirement, muh accumulation of wealth. muh 401k.

you sound mentally unstable.

AF PJ, easy. They even swim more in indoc than SEALs do.

>typical shill response

insightful

>PJ
Oh, youre a baitposter. I need to get better at sniffing you fucks out.
>fucking PJs
Goddammit. you could have said anything, but you said fucking PJs.

you sound totally stable.
Completely normal.
Literal average.
30k per year
Pokemon Go
Superhero movies
Fantasizing about being a warrior
Thinking its absurd to try and go back to playing vidya centered around warriors
Ugly whore wife
Vacation to florida
Bratty kids
Divorce
Nursing home
Sitcoms
Pain pills
Death.
Completely average
Enjoy buddy

Thanks for at least producing a stimulating counterpoint

You can't get in the military without a high school diploma anymore. Nope, not even the military.

Militaries have always been devoid of honor. Militaries are filled with rapists. "Infantry" comes from using young guys as soldiers in the past.

I wanted to join. Told my family that college just isnt working out for me and im alone etc etc. The brotherhood in the army really appeals to me. Its like everyone looks out for each other while in a school im left alone will Chads and Stacies hang out with each other.

When i told my parents my mother started crying and dad made a huge scene by yelling at me with the windows open when the neighbors where outside. By the end of that i lost all motivation to do anything.

women fucking ruin everything.

including dreams and escape plans.

I'm sure you love your mum but no logic and all emotion just changed your mind.

you're a better son then I will ever be but sometimes parents also have to let go.

Also my cousin is in the army in Armenia right now and i just feel left out of it completely. Thats why i wanted to join the US army. It is probably by far the most masculine profession one could have. I feel really bad that my cousin gets to experience that while im left out.

You let people decide what you should do with your life. That's why you are alone.

Fuck what people want you to do, do what you want to do. Or else you'll never like your life or yourself. Don't be like everyone else. Don't look at your life some day when it's too late and think, "man, I really wish I lived for myself."

You never produced a point, I did not have to counter.

But sure, ill humor you because im just eating spaghetti and listening to some buckethead so I have nothing better to do.
Training itself is all subjective and not very visible so I cant go on that.
Consider the amount of responsibilities put on NSW vs PJs. Think about the importance of the ops SEALS go on vs what PJs do.
There is literally 0 replacement for SEALS, PJs can be replaced by AIRR in a second.
even if the attrition rate is simaler, SEALS have a much longer prep period meaning the people entering BUDS are better trained than the people entering PJ school, meaning the training itself is harder. People rarely spend their entire lives training and dreaming of being PJs, its usually a bunch of unprepared people entering to get out of their chairs, which is why so many fail. If PJs wrote a bunch of books and got a bunch of kids training through HS only to go to an actual Prep course before school, the attrition rate would be way lower.
now counter me, hold up to your own shit

I love you and all of your previous responses. Slaves shall serve.

My dad was in the military at one point of time and he was even worse that day. They said if i wanna join i must become an officer in an academy so im not some random soldier(to them being a soldier is demeaning i guess)
Im sorry for crying about my family problems here. I just dont have anyone else to talk to about this.
Im staying im college just for this fall semester. If i dont enjoy it fuck it im leaving.

I joined because I completely dicked off in High School and after a few years of working as a pizza delivery driver I wanted to go to school.

Deployed once and got injured during a training exercise and got medically separated with disability for life. Now I go to school on the G.I. Bill.

It was fun getting to meet new people, some of which are genuinely the best people I've met in my life, but it was bullshit most of the time.

Joining the Navy in a few months hopefully, waiting for a new contract to pop up, in the DEP program. I'll probably be doing Machinists Mate or Engineman or some other grease monkey rate. If I ever get Veeky Forums enough maybe Ill daydream about SEALS but I'm sure it won't be happening any time soon.

If you can't handle your mom yelling at you, how do you think you will feel when drill sergeant rips into you

If you enlist, say goodbye to SEALS
Once youre in the fleet they wont give you an SO contract no matter what.
You need to enlist SO and push hard 100% of the time to get that contract and get in. Think about the millions of people that dream about being SEALS, and the 2000 or so that actually exist. They dont need some dreamer, they need a guy that invests 100% of his time in getting there, and will blow 500 officers for a contract.
tl;dr,
good luck senpai. I would say go nuke, but nukes are strange people desu.

Perhaps its for the best that i pussied out. Ill just end up getting a degree and working in McDonald's like a good collegeboi.

you cand find brotherhood in the forest service, oil industry, mining industry, etc, as well as a buttload of fun and money.

I'm DEP as well user and I actually do the PST's. If it makes you feel any better, most people wash out of SEALS training and only the most sociopathic and instinct driven make it through according to my Chief. If you werent born willing to kill and win, then you'll never be a SEAL

Yeah I prob won't be going SEAL then lel, that's alright. My buddy is a Nuke right now, in school. He says it's fun so far but mind fucking, lot's of fatigue. Wait till he gets the actual job.

Also I'm colorblind so I won't be doing anything like nuke, I'm left with some mechanic/engineering jobs, admin/supply, and corpsman, and I hate doing paperwork, and I won't be going corpsman unless it's FMF, in the field with the marines. Hospital life sounds boring.

I find it funny how disconnected politics are from the military.
I dont want to open up another dialogue, but I was hanging out with a bunch of SO and SB DEP guys at a pool doing some training (Im a swimmer so I was helping them out a bit), and theyre all fucked in the head. Complete psycopaths, all they talk about is killing ragheads. They arent patriotic, they dont have "good character", except knowing people like that are protecting people like me is comforting, knowing that those people would literally chop their balls of and eat them for a chance to pin on that trident and see combat.
And yet on the political side, any personality disorder as well as any semblance of strangeness is banned. Every single one of these guys was lying his ass off at MEPS, and yet its expected to lie because the political side of ther navy thinks SEALS are supposed to be some sort of stoic altruistic patriotic warrior with no mental problems.
Tbh, I think mental problems should be encouraged with SO entry. It would really streamline the whole process.

The FFL actually has standards you dumb dumb

>comprised of 90% North Africans
>standards
kek

yes but they wont deny you for having a hernia at age 4 that you got fixed, ADHD, past broken bones, etc.
They also wont deny you for that time you got drunk and pissed in a public park, or swiped an Arizona at the 7-11

And also
>4 pull ups
cmon senpai

In dep for nuke rn

Did you just call the US Army masculine?

Say that after hours of equal opportunity, mental resiliency, and sexual harassment classes. That, then online classes on suicide prevention and substance abuse. Round it up with living a basically useless existence in garrison with nothing to prepare for except room inspections and soldier of the month "boards".

That's what you sign up for. You sign up to do meaningless trainings, "fun" runs, and suck up to your leadership like a dirty slut so you can get promoted faster with a waiver. You join so you can spend hours literally wasting time and taxpayer dollars existing because there's nothing else to do and you gotta get those 40 hours in.

The only way out of this is picking a decent MOS. I'm a nurse and the army doesn't fuck with me too much. I get to watch as everyone else has the life suck out of them. Then they show up on my ward a few years later going through ETOH withdrawal and im shoving Ativan down their throats to keep them sane until they're given the clear to get discharged to homelessness and further decline.

straight off the bat 3/4 of you fucking pogs wouldn't even make it throughout osut without bitching for a stress card let alone not being able to shitpost for 14 weeks.

Let alone if any of you got sent to korea and somehow made it through osut you'd still be too autismo to even look at a drinky girl. Army has their bullshit but this bunch of neg nacys is the same group that just be dorm rats and not rack up any points towards a promotion and then bitch about how the Army didn't do shit for them while they spend all their money on steam games.

I love how you think you actually know what you're talking about

Ausfag here. I'm planning to join the reserves within the next year, hopefully as an officer.

11b Nasty Girl here. Deployed right out of OSUT. I get some post 9/11 and state funding (if the state ever has money) for school.

Saved up enough money to take a full course load.... overall not bad. Training up to go to selection.

Being fit in the Army means you can do pushups, situps, and run for miles.

Veeky Forums doesn't do that though.

Personally, I like to balance strength training with cardio + calisthenics

Have a friend and she wants to join the army. I think she has a warped view of the army. Mainly because of the media and she thinks it's her ticket to independence. she finds no support from her family and wants to get out of the ghetto and whatnot. So i feel like asking because maybe i'll get a good answer. Is she better off in the army? Or should she stay away? why?

It really depends on the individual. If one is running away from their problems and hasn't done any research in all likelihood they will be hating life.

There are a lot of fuck fuck games. You are owned... remember that... you are government property..

With that said, if you're smart and play the game right you can land yourself in a good situation.

yes, she should join the infantry.

KEK

>I did 10 weeks of OCS I know what the military is like

Stfu. You're not even a bootenant. You're a boot-candidate.

Just like everything else in life the military is what you make of it.

A lot of your job is bullshit. A lot of the people are dicks.

Guess what...that's how civvy life is too.

If you have some God Complex thinking youre a special snowflake who doesn't deserve to be uncomfortable you're going to have a bad time.

Joining the coast guard soon. Wish me luck bros.

I joined the Air Force. It was a mistake.

I fell for the meme and I'm shipping out for the navy in a couple months as a nuke.

My military won't have me as I was born a defective human and they don't want toys thatre already broken. They wanna reverse the right to be the one to break them

Tell her to join the air force.

>women
>joining the army

This is the reason we have SHARP briefs.

Mos and story?

Is ROTC a good deal? Currently a poorfag and I can't afford to pay back all these fucking loans.

Are you currently in college?

How many years of college do you have left if you answered yes above?

Have you taken a self administered pt test?

How well did you do?

Any auslads got any info on doing a Refrigeration or sparky apprenticeship with the military? Got my cert 2

You're fucked.

I'm not kidding.

Friend got out recently after being stabbed by some guy who went crazy from being in a cage one day, he got to 7 or 8 people before they got him down.

It's not worth the money even remotely, even if you have a pretty tame experience.

I made the selection process to be a pilot in the military but then they found out I spent time in a psychiatric facility and that was the end of that dream. Such is life, also being fit in the military is mostly cardio ugh.

Yeah. Currently just started my sophomore year at U Mich.
Took a PT test just for shits, got a 275.
75 push ups, 100 sit ups, 14:43 2 mile run.

Nigger just get a normal apprentiship ypu might actually fucking enjoy it, adf sucks dick.

I'm a double major in econ and stats so I'm planning to do something with logistics. Maybe CT or something along the lines of it. Navy sounds bretty good but they apparently prefer a lot more engineering, STEM fags .

Was active duty chair force for 4 years as a mechanic
Currently reserve chair force in security forces

> I think I might actually hate myself

Great score man.

Sophomore year, okay thats good.

Okay so here's how it works. Sonce you already started classes it can be a bit tricky. However they may let you late register, that is up to your college's registration policy.

For you, how it would look like is this.
You take your ms1 year as a sophomore.
This includes participating in weekly labs (if your rotc BN is set up that way), 0600 pt with your bn, and probably weekly swim training to pass the cwst (google it), and volunteer (or get voluntold) for community events.

Ms1 year consists of ms101 and ms102, academically it is like a leadership seminar. Tips on how to be a good leader and probably just watching band of brothers and lone survivor for class. If your registration is too late you can just take ms102 class next semester instead.

Since you are a sophomore and would not want to stay in college for an additional year you should try to get into ciet (cadet basic training) over the summer. So when you come back next fall you can just go straight to your ms3 year (juniors) and ms4 year (seniors).

This means you will need to be a CONTRACTED CADET which ensures you will commission upon graduation (this does not guarantee active duty/reserve/guard and what you want to branch as)

All you have to do to be a successful cadet is wake up early, get good at pt, and maintain a good gpa. Anything above 3.0 is good, if not dont fret, that does not mean you qont commission, it just makes you less competitive for fun schools jn the summer/winter like airborne and air assault.

The hardest part is time management which they will teach you during ms1 year. Just buy a whiteboard and plan out your schedule by the hour.

Its not hard, learn the marching commands, follow your chain of command (which is organically all based on other cadets).

In order to get a contract and 2 year scholarship/monthly stipend of 200-400 bucks (ms1 = 200, ms4's = 400) you must pass a board; basicalky an interview.

Same guy giving you info on rotc.

>double major

Wew lad. Being a fulltime cadet is like picking up another major. But it can be done. Just let your chain of commanf know, tell em to fuck off if they keep trying to make you do stuff.

Overall ACADEMICS > ROTC fuckery

Common mistake people make is not focusing on their gpa and volunteering and doing superb with their cadet bullshit.

The scoring system used are OML points, no one really knows how it works but its basically Gpa, pt score, and volunteered events, also if its not too much on you you can try out for your cadet battalion's pershing rifles. Little fraternity with commections inside and outside of the military. Just a frat founded on drill and ceremony.

>Business Management Degree
>USAF Commission
>Fly for 12 years
>Maybe push another 8 for dat penshin
>Get out
>We Contractor Now
>Turn 140k/yr

Any Australian reservists wanna share any stories about what it's like? I'm seriously considering joining, but I'd like to know what I'm getting in for. I'd most likely be joining as a part time job during uni, since there is a depo near my campus. Also some other local unis (I'm a melbfag) have regiments too, I think.