>take it for 2 weeks
>acne all over my arms

>try out pea based protein
>absolutely disgusting, almost vomit

>"fuck it, let me try rice based protein"
>buy a 1kg bag
>try it blended with milk and bananas and shit
>almost vomit once again

I'm completely fucked. I can't take that shit, it's absolutely disgusting, but now I have to take it. I'm wasting the bag.

What other efficient ways are there for taking my protein without having to drink it?

Other urls found in this thread:

chriskresser.com/do-high-protein-diets-cause-kidney-disease-and-cancer/
precisionnutrition.com/high-protein-safe-for-kidneys
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1262767/
ndt.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/3/657.full
nytimes.com/2011/05/31/health/31really.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drink it through a straw.
You skip the tounge, taste doesn't matter then.
Good way to put disgusting food in your stomach.

dont drink unnecessary jew toxins but eat real meat instead?

I have a very busy schedule. I'm already chomping sandwiches and peanuts all day while working and still can't hit my macros.

>sandwiches and peanuts all day
>still can't hit my macros.
no fucking shit.

try quality whey isolate without lactose / beta lactoglobulin. you could also buy stevia and cocoa and try to flavour your veggie protons yourself

Ummm.. food?

You fucking moron.

prep your meals in advance.
It takes like an hour to make 5 days worth of meals.

user, don't you know that powder stuff is steroids?

>It takes like an hour to make 5 days worth of meals.

An hour? 5 days worth of meals? For all the macros? Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 4 snacks plus the 1000 calorie shake in the morning? No.

I mean, using the powder itself, you fucking retard.

Did you take the whey protein with water or milk?

Uhhh. Yes.

Stick a shitload of meats in the oven.
Meanwhile cook lots of sweet potatos/rice or whatever carb you want.

Portion that shit into food containers.
Your snacks should be fruit and nuts, which take no time to prepare.
The shake you do anyway so that doesn't affect prepping time..

You're making excuses. You have time to be on Veeky Forums, you have time to prep meals. But let me guess, you're posting on your phone while working and commuting right? fuck off.

Had a similar experience when I first started working out. Turns out it wasn't the whey. Going from a sedentary life to lifting caused enough hormonal changes to make me break out initially badly on my arms.

Please share your secret user.
It takes me ~2 hour of prep and another that of unattended oven time to prep food for 3 days.

>It takes like an hour to make 5 days worth of meals.
Ooooh the internet and it's over reduction of reality.
What kind of meals do you do in a hour for a complete week? Pasta and salads? kek

This. I can stock my freezer full of meals for a week within an hour. 30+ mins of that is unattended oven baking

1. Buy slow cooker
2. In morning before work throw a roast in slow cooker
3. Microwave some veggies to go with your meat and eat like a god with literally no preptime and minimal cleanup

>5 days
>complete week

There's 6-9 meals difference there buddy.

I literally explained the meals I make in the post above. Lean meats and carbs. I add olive oil to the container for a bit of fat.

>Your snacks should be fruit and nuts, which take no time to prepare.

Fuck off. I have to hit 3k calories. I have to hit 250g of protein. My snacks have to be sandwiches with ham and cheese. I have a handful of peanuts everyday. I have 2 hardboiled eggs a day.

It's good to prep all meals in one sitting, but you're just baiting with that "1 hour" bullshit.

Ok, well you can still prep those sandwiches while the meat is in the oven.
Maybe 2 hours at a push given your needs, but still, if you have time to be responding promptly on Veeky Forums, you can find the time.

>but still, if you have time to be responding promptly on Veeky Forums

I'm at work, there are dead hours. I can't run home to prep a meal.

Protein powder is just too good to pass on. It's an easy boost on a fundamental part of growing muscle. I'll only stop taking it if there are absolutely no other alternatives to drinking that disgusting slime.

So you eat lean meat and rice, nice, no sauce, no seasoning of the meat, really nice.
Anyway, eat whatever the fuck you want to, but in my case, jus the beans that I make in bulk for the week take and hour to cook. So 1 hour is a little exaggerated don't you think?

I will never understand people who make this excuse.

On any day of the weekend, make your lunch meals for the following week. Put them in the freezer. Take them out day of.

Come on man.

No. I just simplified it.
I add seasonings to my meat and mix wholegrain english mustard into my rice. Makes it tasty as fuck.

Add it to oats along with cinnamon and peanut butter. Boom. Delicious and proton-y as fuck.

What flavor whey
Some taste vile with just water

No flavor. I think even with flavor it would be disgusting. I mixed with milk and bananas and the sandy texture is still there. Really hard to swallow.

Just fucking hype yourself to take it and just fucking drink that shit stop being a fucking pussy

So- you need advice on how to stomach protein powder. I hate to be that guy, but...

Have you tried simply not being a little bitch? Seriously, have you tried it? Try it. If even as a goof. Go on.

there is absolutely no need to eat garbage like
>protein powder
>bread
>cheese
>peanuts

2 hard boiled eggs a day? wow. that must be hard to eat, man

>*cry cry* i dont have timeee :,( *cry cry*
>b-but muh workin policccyyy :(((((((((((((((

all you need to eat is

>meat
>grains
>eggs for fat
>some olive oil if you need more fat
>some leafy veggies

this takes half an hour to prepare
even less, if you do the who weeks meal at one time

>i.e you are a whiny bitch -or anyone that complains about this matter at all

After trying to casually drink it, I decided to gulp it down. I nearly vomited. Not worth losing all of my breakfast gains.

>2 hard boiled eggs a day? wow. that must be hard to eat, man

I didn't say it was hard.

>all you need to eat
>meat, grains, eggs, olive oil, veggies

3k calories of meat and grains and eggs? Are you retarded?

Ehh guys i cant stomach this protein im a little bitch who cant think about the gains and how it will only taste bad for 1 min, or just fucking chase that shit after chugging it down. do something about it pussy you need the protein and the other shit gives you bad acne.

>do something about it pussy

Even if I have to cook fucking pancakes everyday with the stuff, I'm doing it. That's the point of the fucking thread

A L T E R N A T I V E S

listen thos this man

If your schedule really is that busy, just use a blender and blend everything up; chug it at work.

You can literally transfom any solid meal into a chuggable form by blending it with water.
I'm drinking a chicken breast with brocoli as we speak

Man i dont know what to tell you then lol i doubt youre actually going to throw up but ill take your word for it.

>3k calories of meat and grains and eggs? Are you retarded?
if you think thats hard
im absolutely speechless

>i doubt youre actually going to throw up but ill take your word for it

I'm not joking.

>100g chicken breast
>157.0kcal

>100g rice
>130kcal

>egg
>150kcal

So, what 1 kg of rice, 1kg of chicken breast and 3 eggs? Do you know what 1kg of rice is? Do you know what 1kg of chicken breast is? The chicken I might be able to get down maybe, but the rice?

Fuck mix it with oatmeal then and a little brown sugar

>not eating a yummy plate of rice with some olive oil and salt on it

sorry man im like just sittin here tryin to understand the mind of a different specie

>a yummy plate of 0.5kg of rice twice a day

ayyyy

um..

bitch?

say that to my face, not online, see what, happens

Who the fuck eats 100g of chicken breast per meal?

Mine consist of at least 300g for the smaller meals.
Main meal in the evening is 500g chicken or turkey.

IV drip.

I have a very sensitive gag reflex and I can gag very easily, like if I eat too much of a single food I gag, or if it's slightly old I can taste the oldness.

I've never had problems with protein drinks though, it's good with water even. Don't know what shit you're buying.

It's the texture. That sandy, dusty texture makes me gag instantly. I can down disgusting flavored drinks if they're smooth and liquid.

Go back to the whey and embrace the acne, its just your liver adjusting and should clear up.

Or try GOMAD, less sugar in it. more natural and cheaper.

How bad is your gag reflex? Lucky you're not a girl OP.

It's really bad. I used to fight and the mouthpiece almost made me vomit every time I sparred. I'd be a bad blowjob.

Well, if you eat a 200g dinner I'm not surprised. I'm cutting and ate at least half a kilo combined of sweet potato and salmon last night

So mix it with more water/milk?

I use like the double amount so it becomes flavored water basically. If there's tiny lumps I just shake it more.

>when the whey doesn't dissolve

Milk based protein dissolves like magic. It gets smooth with just a couple of shakes. This rice shit is really bad. I will try with more liquid, but it probably won't matter.

>800g of meat a day
Have fun with shredded kidneys in 5 years, mr Tough Guy

chriskresser.com/do-high-protein-diets-cause-kidney-disease-and-cancer/
precisionnutrition.com/high-protein-safe-for-kidneys
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1262767/
ndt.oxfordjournals.org/content/20/3/657.full
nytimes.com/2011/05/31/health/31really.html?_r=0

not even that guy but i eat one and half kilo of meat a day. even got more protein for years. no problem at all. stop misinforming people

Try holding your nose if it's just the taste you hate

The fuck are you talking about lmao

Maybe it's the milk that is causing you to break out, not the whey

stop making excuses for your lack of motivation.

either find a way or stay forever a skellington, faggot

mix hemp protein with oat porridge

>250 grams of protein
Unless you're over 300 lbs, you don't need that

>maybe it's the milk, not the whey
>milk, not the whey
>milk
>whey

Uhm, friend...

yeah it's disgusting but do like I do 300ml of soy milk + 2 bananas + 30g-35g pea protein and some cinanamon....ofc if u add 2-3 scoops of pea protein it will overwhelm the other ingredients and the disgusting taste will win u have to mask it use less protein with more of the other ingredients that actually taste good

stop making fucking excuses you prick, eat solids if you can't stomach whey. we all have busy schedules but if it means anything to you, you'll find a way

or keep complaining like a bitch, you had time to post on this forums though so you can't be that busy

>let me try rice based protein
>buy a 1kg bag
That's not what I'd call 'trying'. Surely there would have been a smaller option?

my usual thing is to add whey to yogurt and frozen fruit

breakfast gains? WTF? eat eggs and that's your protein

are you really this fucking dumb?

Idk, how much do you lift?

Just drink it, you fuckin bitch.

>we all have busy schedules
Are you forgetting where you are friend? Maybe some people, but I'd guess that a majority of posters here are neets

hemp based protein.

>only 2 eggs a day
Never gonna make it.

>have to hit 250g of protein
Are you a gorilla?

you do not need protein supplements if you get the amount of protein you need from food :) try quark and lean meats

you don't need protein
just eat better

b-but Matt Ogus says so...

>you don't need protein
lol

I'm sick of fatties yelling "omg i cant understand HOW can someone have trouble EATING"

I'm sick of skellies yelling "omg i cant understand HOW can someone have trouble NOT EATING"

Please just shut the fuck up and try being empathetic for once. People have different kinds of appetites.

OP is faggot though for complaining about the taste of his gains.

Try hemp protein. You can get unflavoured one. Put it in a fruit smoothie.

Agreed, but you can't expect sympathetic answers when faggot OP complains about eating powdered protein and doesn't want to hear about eating real food. You either man up or don't shit like this doesn't need a thread

fatties and skellies can both agree that OP is a bitch

>op asks about alternative ways to eat X
>people start talking about Y instead

Can't blame OP, he was not talking about food at all.

So in your world, finding ways to eat something you don't like is easier than just not eating that particular food.

>one and a half kilo of meat a day
lol wut

That isn't what I was saying at all, I think you meant

It's pretty clear the dude just wants to use the fucking protein powder. Food is a pretty obvious alternative to that so, I'd guess he already thought about it. All this shit about spoon feeding and you do it inadvertently.

Idiots thinking everyone's got money to waste on meat. I can afford that shit 2/3 times a week. The rest I do is fish/eggs/yoghurt.

OP optimum nutrition is pretty good stuff, someone I know uses it as it's the only whey their body can digest.

You could just bring/eat a can of precooked chicken. 240 calories is like 48g of protein or something like that.

>a can

sounds healthy

>fish isn't a meat?
>fish is cheaper than chicken?
A pound of boneless/skinless is fucking 1.88 here. How many scoops of protein is in a pound of chicken? Nobody is saving money on fucking protein powder

By gram of protein, the powder is always cheaper

kek
a pound of chicken has 123g of protein. No way can you find a powder that is cheaper than $1.88 for 123g of protein

I work at smoothie king, we use a pea based protein for some of our smoothies. My favorite is the dark chocolate banana.
>3-4 bananas
>2 tbsp cocoa powder (100%, not hot chocolate mix)
>A scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream
>~1/2 cup water or milk
>However much pea based protein you can stomach
>Cup of ice
Then blend it all up. The measurements aren't exact because instead of proper measurements, we use different colored scoops and dishers and pumps, but I reckon this is pretty close.

>3-4 bananas
>scoop of ice cream
Hope you're bulking

Recovering from an eating disorder, so yes! Gotta sneak in them calories

>protein shake
>0.8g protein per gram

>chicken
>0.27g per gram

Fuck off.

You are the dumbest mother fucker on fit. We are talking about price here not how much protein is in a gram.

God damn you are stupid

Misread the post. Anyway, protein powder is (supposedly) very easy to take, that's the whole point.

Also, chicken breast is probably more expensive than that. No way a KG is 1.6€. Minimum 3€.

>Easy to take except for the OP
And amerifag here and boneless/skinless is definitely1.88/pound where I live. Not certified organic or any of that bull shit but i don't care

If you mean manning the fuck up and just eating stuff, then yes.