Fit approved books thread!

Fit approved books thread!

Books to exercise the mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/zenmind.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiK1OfSydrOAhVBSyYKHVNfBBgQFgiQATAQ&usg=AFQjCNGDZHXBbVHTHAEfA8mdVfNBAFq4_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A little off the theme, but I highly recommend this to anyone who has a nicotine addiction that deep down they would like to be rid of.

I smoked 20 a day for years and quit cold turkey after reading this. That was 5 years ago and not once have I missed smoking nor come close to relapse.

I suppose it is Veeky Forums related as smoking is one of the most anti fitness things a person can do.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/zenmind.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiK1OfSydrOAhVBSyYKHVNfBBgQFgiQATAQ&usg=AFQjCNGDZHXBbVHTHAEfA8mdVfNBAFq4_g

you mean like books that have to do with fitness? or books that we're reading? I'm reading farenheit 451 currently (yes I know it's babby's first meme book) and I'm really liking it. just started it yesterday but might even finish it tonight or tomorrow.

idk about fit approved but here are some books Ive read/am reading currently

Fiction:
John dies at the end
this book is full of spiders
The dark tower: the gunslinger

non-fiction and stuff:
A brief history of nearly everything
How to win friends and influence people

I recently read the gunslinger too and without excess spoilers tbqh when it was revealed where the kid was from it kinda killed my mood for the entire thing

Ive heard the series gets better and the gunslinger is the worst installment, just sort of a necessary read to get into the rest of them.

was yours the revised version? in his own words he fixed a lot of shit so I assume it was even worse before

Currently reading this. It's my first book of the Veeky Forums meme trilogy. It's pretty great so far, definitely getting some mental hypertrophy desu

Lot of people hating on this but its pretty good

Shit
Shit
God Tier

I'm interested (altough I'm a non-smoker), what are his methods for breaking an addiction?

why, user?

it's quite easy in theory
>stop doing it

comes down to pure willpower and you wanting to stop more than the pull from the addiction.

It's about framing the addiction in your head in the right way, and becoming aware of your automated thought patterns which leads to you doing the thing you're addicted to.

I used to bite my nails til I was 25.

>me

this is was my own method

>who cares about his method

>It's about framing the addiction in your head in the right way, and becoming aware of your automated thought patterns which leads to you doing the thing you're addicted to.
This right here is what I'm interested in, can you elaborate a bit more or should I just fuck off and read the book (don't wanna since I don't smoke)? A qt for your efforts.

Shit tier books in here. OP, I read at lead one or two books a week.

I don;t know what you're into, but here are some of my favorites:

Non-fiction:
The Doctrine of Fascism - Mussolini
The Way of Men - Donovan
Meditations - Aurelius
Seven Pillars of Wisdom - Lawrence
Western Civilization Bites Back - Bowden

Fiction:
Roverandom - Tolkein
The Sound of Waves - Mishima
The Old Man and the Sea - Hemingway
The Idiot - Dostoevsky

like I said

>I haven't read the book

this is what I've learned myself and have picked up tips&tricks from everywhere regarding addiction, because I find it fascinating.

however, you always have automated thoughts in your head running. Most of the time your not even aware of it. Your own self-talk (as they call it).

I would like to guide you in the way of

>Negative Thought Patterns and Cognitive Therapy

it's much written about it in psycholgy and you'll find a vast amount of it everywhere on google and whatnot.

Thank GOD there's someone else here who has taken the redpill.

Daily reminder you're not a man unless you unironically read the /pol/ recommended reading list.

Oh, I've actually never seen the /pol/ reading list. These are just books I read and happened to like. Where can I find the list, I'd probably like it.

Haven't finished this yet but its a good read so far. About 1/3 done.

What's the appeal of his book? Isn't it just an autobiography of some average Scandinavian?

Great book, easy to apply to any facet of a mans life

>no one has posted any hegel

>Reading books
Lmao no wonder you are virgins

Is there a torrent where I do not have to be scared of any kind of legal repercussions?
I am travelling up to 1h everyday with subways and shit an want some books other than about coding better
(Still wouldn't mind the one or two about better java)

>implying there was anything more edgy that german engineering books

Forget torrents. Use IRC, under net and irchighway both have channels dedicated to ebooks. I'm sure there's tutorials somewhere to help you out

doing some pre-term reading lads

forgot pic

just listen or download audiobooks from youtube if you want. downloading a torrent is also valid.

What's it about? Throw a pitch of what's stuck with you please?

Deliberate practice is what leads to exceptional performance not some innate talent that you are born with.

Probably the only metaphysics book I've picked up that didn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

>it's another zero books related in any way shape or form to Veeky Forums thread

I like the part where he cleans

Itts considered the best out of the series you mong

Fuck off goat rapist

Warhammer 40,000 novels

John Dies at The End is great taking de cucky narrative aside.

I have this
Every morning I wake up I reread the entire mantra at the beggining about bodybuilding
I pray at my Leave Humanity Behind shrine knowing one day I may become an ostentatious glockenshpeil

This is a Muslim board, Kafir.

This will certainly get you into the mindset

>ywn run endlessly through the canyons of the Mexican desert, dodging wildlife and cartel patrols

Feels bad man

ty

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Ernest Hemingway

Good book desu

That's our boy

summary? im interdasted

American goes to Spain during Civil War to fight facist scum. Brutal, not Veeky Forums related but will stimulate your mind.

Also 100 years of solitude and 2666. Mental gains right thur

That's pretty cool man. I just re-read it. It really is a beautiful world, in a scary way of course. They're already censoring common books like tha adventures of huckleberry Finn. They're changing "nigger" to "slave". Next thing you know, they'll be rewriting history entirely.

Read Martian Chronicles next.

I'll post the few I got.

Really this is a better thread. We can provide some books for young men with a certain mindset here but really anything to do with reading should be lit

I think that's 3/3.

totally man. the writer is a cracked.com semi cuck beta male, but the paranormal aspects of the book are written really well, and the comedic aspects of the book made me laugh a bunch. The sequel (this book is full of spiders) isnt as good but i enjoyed it a lot anyway.

Reading Marcus Aurelius meditations right now.. pretty bro tier book give that a shot.

I love this book, I cried the first time I read it

sorry
this:
was meant for

very quickly: there are two ways your brain thinks. one is very fast, where intuition comes from. the other is slower and deliberate, logical. This book explores biases of this first system of thought and bridges into self criticism as well as criticism of others. really good read

>comes down to pure willpower

He literally goes on and on about how using willpower to quit will cause you to fail

It's about getting through whatever physical withdrawal symptoms you have, then understanding that you aren't missing anything. The book is pretty much entirely about smoking, since it goes into specifics of why smoking is stupid and how great it is to quit. But I guess the general principles of it would work for any habit or addiction. There's a reason he also wrote books about drinking and being fat

I never thought nicotine addiction was that bad. I dipped a half tin of chew a day for close to 3 years, then noticed my teeth were getting yellow and my gums were receding so I said fuck that and stopped. I obviously wanted one out of habit but after a couple days I totally forgot about it. Maybe cigarettes are different, but doesn't dip have more nicotine anyway?

Veeky Forums please leave

>The Sound of Waves - Mishima
Nice but I would suggest the Sea of Fertility tetralogy

Any good books that have made you cry?

moby dick is one book everyone should read once a year

let that sink in

still haven't read this, maybe one day

>Karl Marx
>/pol/approved reading
>no Evola
What kind of shit list is this?

>he isn't making physical and mental gains
Enjoy not making it, subhuman savage

Oh lord. Someone else that's read A brief history of nearly everything. Mirin

>Being physically dependent on any external substance
>Not that bad

>A brief history of nearly everything
>a retarded version of Hawking's worst layman book
Lmao

Stay zen my friends

i cant explain why but i really enjoy reading this. im about 3/4 through book 3 and look forward to starting 4.

its literally just him talking about growing up and his life but i enjoy it. and i romanticize norway a lot. so theres that.

also, meditations and moby dick. read that shit yall.

Essential Veeky Forums reading.

>He doesn't understand the inherent limits of Eckhart's teachings

Dip is harder to quit imo because it doesn't make you feel like shit when you're doing it. Part of what makes quitting smoking so enjoyable is being able to breathe like a normal person

The Sun Also Rises is better imo

is that a grill

>fit/
>girl

Where do i get meditations

I haven't read the book but I can tell you some things that helped me quit:

Realising addiction is a bad excuse. That I choose to smoke even if I do it habitually.

Realising that even thinking 'don't smoke' is still thinking about smoking. The best way of thinking about it is not to think about it at all, or try to stop yourself from thinking about it even negatively.

Realising that every cigarette I didn't smoke was good for me, rather than seeing it as every cigarette I smoke as back to square one.

Realising what I would think to myself to convince myself to have a cigarette, and then stopping myself from thinking those thoughts.

It took me about a year to quit. Though it's not that simple. It's a learning process, during that year there were points where I had given up and was a full time smoker again, but eventually it got to the point where I would stop giving up. A lot of it is about focusing on the positives, so rather than saying 'oh I failed again' I would motivate myself by saying 'hey, remember that time I went two months without smoking? Clearly I know how to do this'.

Also, there's a distinction between chemical addiction and habit. To this day I still smoke every now and then, but I never let it go on long enough to develop it into a habit, so it's been eighteen months and I haven't become a regular smoker again and have managed to keep it to the occasional indulgence.

Its awesome.

>Deliberate practice is what leads to exceptional performance not some innate talent

biggest pile of bullshit

it's both practice and talent, you can train deadlifting for 20 years but if you are born as a woman, any man can outlift you within months.

Personal favorite

Good experience with this one? I've always wanted to start meditation but a lot of sources never seemed to be good.

I read this my sophomore year of HS and it's been one of my favorite books ever since. It's been like 10 years so I hardly remember any of the details though. Think I'll revisit it soon.

if you like this, I can recommend you "the power of habit"

This.

>that library's organization

Disgusting

>that image
C'mon

QUESTION
Does anyone have the text/picture from marcus aurelius - meditations about getting up in the morning?

ALSO
This is a classic fit approved book.

Explain yourself, friend.