QTDDTOT

/fuck it. I can't find the old one/ Edition.

Can you stay on a deficit for the entire duration of your cut without negative side effects? For example cutting from 20% to 10% body fat. Are cheat meals/days that put you in a surplus once a week unnecessary and memeish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PPVBYI4N3Js
phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
camilleherron.com/2012/02/15/how-to-foamlacrosse-ball-roll-the-critical-body-parts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this is retarded. cheat meals are for your mind, not because cutting all the time is unhealthy or anything

Is using just machines at the gym okay if all you want is aesthetics and strength is a secondary side goal?

Where does leptin and metabolism ex etc enter in to it?

it's enough for aesthetics. just think like a bodybuilder and work each muscle isolated

Thanks!

isn't leptin the stuff Dr Lustig talks about? as in fructose boosts isuline wich then blocks leptin what leads to eating more cal than you burn

I don't know shit about 'metabolism ex' whatever the fuck this is

> have a herniated disc
> can workout
> a nerve or blood vessel is stuck
> right shoulder much weaker than the left
I am right handed, so what do?

Fap

I think the imbalance will vanish when you keep lifting with good form. if the lift is too easy for your left side but just right for the other one only right side will get stronger

not so sure if this answers your question

But u r a boy :(

Thanx.

Around what bf % is pic related?

I bet the gallon of milk I was planning on drinking tomorrow on 8%

gyno%

old thread died w/o replies.

I am fatass and i am cutting for a couple of month now at a 1000cal def. I am also doing stronglifts. I lost 23.2kg so far.

Bench 80kg
OHP 60kg
DL 80kg

can't squad because of bad knees.

It's noticable that I lost weight fitting into smaller pants and my face got slimmer.

But i still look like i didn't lose that much weight.

My questions:

Is that an indication that i am not losing that much muscle? Is this good bad? I don't know how to interpret that?!

I wanna lose more weight, to what point should i cut?

My shoulder look wider. is that because of OHP? If so how is it possible to gain shoulder muscle during cutting?

When is a good time to start your first cut?

When you don't make any progression anymore?

Or earlier, when you hit a certain BF%?

Why the fuck do I get cramp in my leg when doing pull ups/chin ups and how do I fix this?

So I have developed rounded shoulders because I didnt do any reverse flys or like face push (whatever that one is called).

What should I do it fix them.

Also I am willing to buy a brace or band to help fix this, does any one know a good one to buy

Is 135lbs too light for a manlet of 5'6"? That's my current goal and I'm 142lbs now. I'm just doing cardio and cutting.

I actually look kind of OK at the moment, but there is still a bit of fat I want to lose. However I'm worried that losing another 7lbs will make me look unattractively underweight.

Basically shall I just keep going and lose the rest of this fat (probs aiming for a realistic target of 13% bodyfat) or start lifting and eating more?

>Is that an indication that i am not losing that much muscle? Is this good bad? I don't know how to interpret that?!

so if you're able to gain strength on a cut you're not loosing any strength. even if I misunderstood you, you really don't loose much muscle on a cut. this is more a myth oming from elite bodybuilders who jump between 5% and 12%.

>I wanna lose more weight, to what point should i cut?

4 visible abs. it's that simple

>My shoulder look wider. is that because of OHP? If so how is it possible to gain shoulder muscle during cutting?

60kg The Press is a lot, good job m8. again, it is really possible to gain size&strength on a cut, especially as a novice and a fatass

recombing is the new shit
youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ

> My shoulder look wider. is that because of OHP? If so how is it possible to gain shoulder muscle during cutting?
you're building muscle on a cut, because you're still a beginner, just keep at it and keep recalculating your TDEE from time to time

you should start lifting IMMEDIATELY. it isn't all it takes to make it but without it it's not possible

if you don't want to become fat when starting lifting

are you serious? you know why your shoulders are rounded and what exercises you have to do to fix it, what are you even asking?

Once I've reached my Protein/Fat/Fiber goal, how should I fill the rest of my calories as far as Carbs go? Rice?

rows are better than pullups/chinups and don't underestimate deadlifts

don't buy anything, it's a waste

don't let anyone tell you it is because of weak rear delts. the rhombiods are the problem. they pull your shoulderblades to the spine

What's the best mobility work I can do for my shoulders so that they don't hurt like hell when I'm back squatting. Tough time with the rotation

you mean you are looking for pure carbs without protein and fiber? eat pure starch then, retard

I'm actually lactose intolerant. Does lactose free milk have the same health benefits regular milk does? Not talking about milk substitutes but actual milk with the lactose taken out.

i felt a slight burning (not painful at all) feeling during my 1set deadlifts in a spot at my lower abs. then the sensation weakened and lasted for ~2 minutes, can't feel anything now, Could it be hernia? Am I fucked, guys?

I find it very hard/impossible to really get my arms behind my back or head if you know what im saying

this is because of the rhomboid issue yes?

any favoruite exercises i can do to help aleviate it

also those elastic band things dont work?

I'm bulking, I have 500 spare kcals but I've already hit all my goals as far as macros go, so what I'm asking is what should I eat to also reach my caloric target?

Are there any legal fat loss pills that actually have decent effects? Or are they all just memes?

yes. the good stuff in the milk are the high quality protein, calcium and (maybe grows hormones, who knows). bad things are the unhealthy fats and the hormones vegans warn us about. nobody cares about lactose

Interesting video and very helpful, thanks.

chocolate

the pain from a herniated disc makes you want to be dead

something you can eat a ton of with no negative effects

does working out before a photo make your muscles look more defined/bigger?

if you think you need to stretch and work on your mobility more, we have a sticky about that too. I have tried it some time ago but it wasn't necceessary. about the equip, usually it's not necessary. pic related are everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=PPVBYI4N3Js

phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
camilleherron.com/2012/02/15/how-to-foamlacrosse-ball-roll-the-critical-body-parts/

Is Jiu Jitsu a meme or an actually good way to get fit?

I want to get in relatively good shape before starting to lift. I've been doing cardio and I'm planning on some bodyweight routine.

I mean, if I can't breeze through a bodyweight routine why would I jump straight into lifting, right? Should I just join a gym and do cardio + SS or some other beginner routine?

my left tricep hurts when I make any upper arm movements. I think from doing L-sits and too many dips.

Anything I can do to get better faster?

bodyweight is a great way to start

push ups, pull ups and chin ups, dips, squats, calve raises, leg raises, bridges...

I think bodyweight stuff is really hard. you need to push yourself, your muscles are burning, your results are low, your motivation is fucked because don't really know what you're doing.

having a strength program is easy. you go to the gym, do the required sets and reps and leave.

about routine, try this SS version:
A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift
Curls

B
3x5 Squat
3x5 OHP
3xF ChinUps
Abs

don't go to failure and stretch it

Cramp is often caused by dehydration.

>is martial arts a meme
>will being physically active get me fit

memes

literally any carb you want

shoulder dislocates

>rows are better than pullups/chinups
1) for what
2) no

maybe you're straining too much during pull ups

you might be getting too much/too little salt (I forget which causes cramps)

maybe you're not getting enough water

it will put you at a higher risk of injury

I see. Is Yoga a meme or is it a good bodyweight way to get in shape?

What would you advise to someone who's never lifted before when it comes to how much weight shoudl I try to lift first? I mean, do I keep adding plates until I find something I can barely do 3x5's with and take it from there?

consider me retarded

is it because i dont stretch that i cant bend my arms in certain ways and shoulders in certain ways?

also gotcha on the scamming jews

about the rows
rows work out upper back more and fix rolled over shoulders while pullups/chinups are more directed to lats

>is martial arts a meme

Well, is it?

Which muscle in your leg?

>barely do 3x5
no with good form. even if the weight is low, DOMS will kill you the next day after your first gym session. highly recommend you try to squat and deadlift with straight back. back pain the next day makes you want to rethink everything

Likely a shit way to get fit, good way to kill people

the rhomboids, traps and rear delts are heavily involved in the chin/pull up, whilst giving you better lat work than a row

also doesn't add to lowerback fatigue so it won't detract from deadlifts/squats

nah mate

no martial arts is a meme if you're just doing it for fitness

honestly I'm still a bit dyel after several months of mostly bodyweight training so take everything i say with a grain of salt, but i really like flexibility exercises and it feels great to be able to do what 90%+ of people can't.

i just find it's a lot more fun to expeirment with your own body than lift weights, not that i have anything against it.

yoga in and of itself won't really get in you shape but i think it's worth doing it on the side after a workout or when you're injured

please re-read my post. I didn't write anything about my back, spine, or discs. I felt it in my abs, and some people say that an inguinal hernia can be painless and some people don't even notice it,

if you can't do what normal people can you have mobility problems, yes. but don't expect to be a little chinese gymnast girl

Bodyweight is cool and gets you stronger without taxing your central nervous system to the ridiculous extent of weightlifting. You have to cultivate discipline to do it well and blah, blah, blah.

There's not a fitizen on this board who wouldn't be in better shape if, throughout the day whenever it occurred to them, they did random sets of 30 push ups and 8 chinups. You get gains doing this shit I swear to god. Work harder get stronger.

>the rhomboids, traps and rear delts are heavily involved in the chin/pull up, whilst giving you better lat work than a row

at the end of the concentric phase of a DBRow, the rhombiods are flexed as fuck, far more than in chinups/pullups. I'm not saying horiontal pulls are superior to verticals in general, just to fix rounded shoulders, rows are better

Can someone critique my diet.

Carbs:
>oatmeal, pasta, rice, bagels

Protein:
>beef, chicken, yogurt

Fiber:
>baby spinich, almonds, bananas, honey dew melon

What're some good, cheap foods for gaining weight? I can only drink lactose-free milk which is expensive, preventing me from doing GOMAD. Any advice appreciated.

squatting causes tense feeling and slight soreness in my inner thighs (groin) the last few times. What does it mean? What should I try adjusting about my stance? Feels like if things keep going this way I just might break something tonight.

>What're some good, cheap foods for gaining weight
peanut butter
olive oil

peanut butter and oils

and all those foods are fine, what exactly do you want us to say about them? If you're bulking, you can vary it way more than that. You should probably add eggs.

I think you're overestimated how beneficial that extra rhomboid rom is, and how much work is actually required to correct rounded shoulders - a majority of fixing bad posture is just making the conscious effort to be in good alignment.

if you have to pick one, I'd advise chins as it's a fuller movement and has more benefits/less drawbacks than rows - but it's fine if you disagree

Strength imbalance? I've been doing hammer curls recently and found that my left arm has started to fail much quicker than my right and I can't figure out why. I also notice similar things on other lifts where my left side doesn't feel as activated or quits much quicker.

How do I implement olive oil into my diet - pasta?

I forgot to add eggs. I was just wondering if I was missing anything critical from my diet.

>a majority of fixing bad posture is just making the conscious effort to be in good alignment.
from my experience, no

>if you have to pick one, I'd advise chins
agreed

but a guy doing db rows has stronger upper back but weaker lats than a guy doing chins, thats my point. I'm off, getting my sleep

don't know why too but wanted to say that the same happens to me
my right biceps is slightly bigger than my left
makes me feel a bit self-conscious

Postin in this thread too, /cut/ seems ded

177cm
72kg
All compounds past intermediate
Unpumped and Unflexed, I-I swear I'm out of auchswitz when I have a pump or when I take a pic sideways

I come here to ask, is it possible to get a bf% estimate? Tried using some calipers I have home but it's garbage or I just suck with it
All my fat seems to be on the love handles, shit gives me this wide hip look when in fact, when I pull my fat to the back, they look straight

aiming for dat dere greek statue mode before I lean bulk to hercules mode, as far as I know I might have demi-god genes

At what BMI does one get loose skin?? How to know if I'll get loose skin? How to avoid loose skin?

What are some little things you guys look forward to in your day besides working out?

Does anyone have a good rowing machine routine?

Do you seriously not know how to put olive oil on foods?

idk what foods taste good with it

put it on all the foods. ALL THE FOODS

Start bulk now.

Would it taste good on rice? Actually that does sound kind of good.

im 2kg heavier but for some reason my pants are now too big for me,does this means im making gains for what?
im a noob pls no bait

bmi is not a metric to measure anythign really, especially not loose skin. No one can tell you if you'll get loose skin. Want to avoid it? lose weight slowly and smartly. Start lifting, try low impact cardio (I can't imagine having all that fat slopping around is good for your skin), and hope for the best.

some tasty food i prepare myself, listening to my favorite song when i get home, helping other people on Veeky Forums

you experienced noobs gains. As a beginner, you have the magic ability to lose some weight while putting on some muscle. Congrats. The ability goes away very quickly.

Hamstring I think

Are u sure ur placing the bar on your back properly? Warm your shoulders up before you squat, and maybe stick to low bar for awhile, make sure your hands arent gripping the bar but just holding it on your back by using a thumbless grip. Experiment with grip width as well.

Thank user

so I'm around 15%?

No, I bulked as skinny fat and got too fat
then I broke one of my feet finger and had a motorcycle accident, both of those left me out of the gym for 4months losing a lot of muscle mass

atm I just want to get 10%bf so I can lean bulk really slowly

>doesn't know how to bulk
>feet finger
>had a motorcycle accident
jesus, please get in another one that ends your life.

I know how to bulk, I was just skinny fat and had to chose to cut and be skelly or bulk and get fat

I also don't have english as my first language, I'd like you speaking 3 other languages outside english

>I know how to bulk
>had to chose to cut and be skelly or bulk and get fat
>I know how to bulk

and I'm fluent in two and conversational in another one. I can probably get by in one more but I'm not confident enough to say that. I also know I have the the internet as a resource and that it takes literal seconds to hit up google translate.

how can I visually tell if someone is natty or not at the gym?

do they look like they're not natty? they're probably not natty. Hotdog skin is a dead giveaway too.

>started as 75kg fatso
>started lifting, cut to 63kg and looked ripped af
>think "time to SLOW bulk"
>fuck it up and revert to fatty eating
>put on 10kg in less than a month

HOW DO I REVERT TO MY RIPPED STATE ASAP AND PRESERVE GAINS?

same way you got there before

Starting my first cut Veeky Forums. Will a 500-650cal deficit affect my sexual health? Like firmness or ability to maintain erection.