OHP going to shit, halp

>Press every other workout, do 2X8-12 side lateral on my non-press days.
>Stuck on 55-57.5kg for 3X5 OHP for over a month.
>Deload to 50kg and work way back up, still get stuck.
>Do push press, still stuck.
>Put skulls in rotation, still stuck.
>Alternate incline bench with regular bench, still stuck.

>Decide to load up 1plt and go for it despite only getting 3-4 reps on 57.5kg.
>Do 55kg for 5 no problem.
>Load up 1plt.
>Barely get first rep.
>Second rep gets stuck at nose level.
>Push as hard as I can.
>Left arm just goes limp as if a string was cut.
>Bar crashes down and hits me in the tighs.
>No pain, no swelling - I got lucky.

>Next workout I struggle to get my sets in with 55kg.
>Press gets worse every session, now down to 50kg.

What is this nightmare and how do I get out of it?

eat more

To be fair, OHP, will be the hardest to increase because it is weakest of the exercises.

OHP is directly tied to bench press in my experience. I could never progress on OHP alone, but as my bench progressively got stronger, so did my OHP. It is a useful, maybe even essential, accessory to the bench press and should be treated as such if you want to OHP higher weights.

I'm eating at +250kcal and get about 150g of protein. 1.82cm, 100kg, 25%BF. All my other lifts are going up, its just the press that's stagnating.

Been there, as user said just eat a lot

>8-12

Welcome to the OHP wild ride bro
>I finally reached 1p8 as a working weight
>Happy as fuck
>3 months pass
>Still stuck at 1pl8
Tried increasing and decreasing volume but nothing helps

sounds like you snapped your shit up.

8-12 is a pretty okay range for laterals.

Why do you do 3 sets

Get on ogus 753

Because I start dropping sets or have to cheat if I do more than that when going heavy, even after 3-5mins rest.

*dropping reps

This is complete and utter bullshit.
Most olympic weight lifters dont even bench and a ton of succesful powerlifter rarely ohp.

You are complete and utter bullshit
Yeah, of course a ton of olympic weightlifters can OHP amazing weights, much like they are some of the best squatters in the world, it is directly tied to both their training and their lifts. I never said it wasn't. Nor did I say that you have to OHP to be a successful powerIifter, or that you need it to bench press high weights. I simply assumed the OP was the standard Veeky Forums cuck with all that entails, and gave him suitable advice speaking from my own experience. SO fuck you, you fat and worthless piece of shit.

NEVER post on this board again, big guy.

w e w

d-dude, he told you not to post again
don't let him see you man, fuck

Press Every Day

You're bulking with 25% bf? Why?

Also you're not getting nearly enough protons you should be getting around 220g

dafuq you have the same ohp than me but you are twice heavier...
look like a cns break stop ohp for 2 week focus on the bench and pullup in a few week your ohp will increase again

>25% BF
>Still bulking
Dude...

how about change one of those workouts to something like 5x10, higher volume and keep the other 3x5. i did this once i stalled at 65kg and was able to bring up the 3x5 to 80kg

Are you still doing SS? You might need an intermediate program, try doing the Texas method temporarily (5x5 on Monday, 1x5 on Friday), that might break your plateau.

again
Actually, since you mentioned that you're regressing, you might be overtrained. Give your CNS a break and take a week off lifting or work with 50% of your regular working weights (don't worry, you won't lose your gains in a week, maybe you'll even be able to do more weight when you come back)

Because I have a bit of health trouble (minor but persistent infection in a biopsy site) and dealing with that plus lifting on a recomp or deficit would be a bit unwise I think.

150 grams should be enough, that's 2g per kg of lean mass. Studies showed again and again that the effect of more than 1.5-2g/kg of lean mass is just your shit smelling bad from all the unused protein - unless you're on gear, over-training or a rank beginner with inefficient protein synthesis.

If you can rep out almost one plate at 50kg with 25%BF - congratulations you should compete.

Yeah, at this point I'm willing to bet it's either CNS related or psychological. My bench is going up steady but my OHP is stagnating pretty bad, makes no sense otherwise.

As I said, I feel really unwell on a deficit right now and I'm about to cut anyway.

Nope, I do:

A
Row 3X5
Bench 3X5
Deadlift 5/3/2

B
Chins 3XF (up weight at 15 reps)
OHP 3X5
Squat 3X5

AxBxAxBx...

Add 2.5kg per session to squat/dead and 2.5kg about every 2-3session (I know, time for intermediate) to upper body exercises. I think that's very similar to Greyskull LP?

It's probably time to go intermediate, but I desperately wanted to get 1/2/3/4 for reps before that (only OHP is missing.)

>AxBxAxBx...
burnout, mate