Stupid Questions Thread

I'm a novice and just started.

My question is, how come my triceps are stronger/bigger than my biceps? I mean it's there, but triceps is "more there".

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what?

it gets harder the more i read it

That's how it should be.

Triceps make up 2/3 of the arm m8.

This.
Biceps are not a big muscle.

If you curl more than your tricep you already fuggin up

Makes sense, I think this question I made was too stupid for a thread. Thanks anons

I'm a weak faggot trying to become stronger
Doing Scooby's intermediate workout scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
Brother who is more into sports and shit than me told me to get protein, creatine and maltodextrine.
Am I on the right track to becoming slightly stronger or should I change something?

what the fuck

how the fuck do you make sure your tdee is actually correct? i think its bullshit to an extent, also, how can you simply burn more while sitting all day at a desk job? i thought about sprinting 9 flights of stairs all the way up to my office, but at this point i dont know

i'll do it for a day or two, take just the stairs, than i dont care

Well, your reasoning and all the answers given in this thread are wrong because the biceps/brachialis is almost 2/3s stronger than the triceps. And with good reason as these muscles keep your elbows from dislocating.

It is bullshit to an extent
TDEE calculators get you in a ball park. You adjust from their depending on how the scale reacts. The most important thing is to consistently count calories

Yo Veeky Forums fags I went back to the gym in first time two days ago in 2 years and I was doing bicep exercises and today I woke up and I couldn't fully extend my arms and the area indicated by red really hurts and not my bicep. My question is did I do something wrong? Why doesn't my bicep hurt at all but that area does.

Congratulations! You have given yourself medial and lateral epycondylitis.

Hmm, whenever i start back at gym from a long break this always happens to me too!
pretty sure it's normal as after a few days it goes away and does not really reoccur

It will go away in a few days just don't over exert it for now

Any idea as to why my biceps doesn't hurt? I was lifting 50 lbs dumbell for 12 reps and 3 sets.

(partial) skeleton user here
so i've been trying to eat more and do some workout but it seems they're only affecting my legs. my upper body (arms, face etc) still looks bony as fuck

it looks really fucking weird pls help

Go back to the gym and work through it. It's normal but nothing serious. In fact, lifting will help relax some of those muscles and help return things back to normal.

Happened to me to. Do an arm workout today and you'll be fine by the evening.

How to solve insomnia? I literally can't sleep no matter what I do.

>Tried jacking off
>Tried music

Help me Veeky Forums

Eat more
Try 1k surplus then 1.5k then 2k until you find something that works.

Should I just keep trying to do dips on the corner of my kitchen counter even though I can only do one or two before failing? Will I get stronger if I keep trying or should I hold myself with my feet on the ground?

melatonin, turn off all lights/electronics

2 questions.

1: Is the amount of creatine that's present in a lot of preworkouts (1-3g) enough to have any impact on balding? I have a pretty bad history of balding in the family so I don't want to speed it up any more than I have to.

2: What preworkouts don't taste like trash? I tried finaflex stimul8 because it had good reviews and I like green apple candy, started with half a scoop and it was pretty grody but then when I tried 2 scoops later I literally couldn't work out after forcing myself to down it all because I was about to vomit.

You're probably being overly critical but the rest of your body should catch up. What program are you doing?

Respect dips, they are one of those exercises that require great connective tissue strength and joint mobility. Slowly build up to them along with doing mobility exercises for your shoulders, no need to unnecesarily rush things and end up with rotator cuff problems later on.

thanks man.

You are welcome.

>until you find something that works
what if they dont work? what if they just make my legs bigger? that'll be even weirder

>What program are you doing?
hmm, i'm just starting out quite recently so nothing in particular. only stuffs like pushups, dumbells, cycling, etc
can you recommend me some good programs?

caffeine pills

Try and find something that you gain ~2-3lbs a week. Assuming your routine is did and you're putting in effort at the gym and the calories are clean it should be at least 60-70% muscle

Deal with whatever goes to your legs until you want to cut. Then eat again.

As well as being buggers your triceps gets worked when you're benching and doing other such compounds, your biceps need more isolation

>Tfw bicep is a shit muscle but youve got to work it because qts want biceps

>first time in 2 years
>curling 50 lb

Were you having to struggle through the last set? Seems heavy to start with after 2 years of no exercising.

I work construction so I have to lift heavy stuff all the time and I have my strength from that. The last set I only managed to barely lift 6 reps. I am just trying to get big muscles.

>require glasses to see
>have facial hair
>pale skin (can't tan, only burn)
>#2 buzz cut, thinking about shaving top since I'm balding
>25

I realized I look nu-male as fuck, what can I change? The fact I work in IT doesn't help. My only saving grace is that I'm 6'4" with minor bulk, at least enough that it looks good with a shirt on.

So I worked out on Monday and I'm still feeling the DOMs. Should I squat again today, or let it rest?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd say the soreness is about 3

1) lasik

2) short facial hair

3) can't help you

4) buzz cut/shaving works

5) in your prime mate (i'm jelly)

basically all you have to do is get big and being bald is np

So I'm 16, around 20%ish bf (maybe a bit less) I want to lower my body fat, but whenever I read about teen nutrition and whatnot(i.e. Scoobs) they're all "eat a cow erryday cuz ur growing", but I don't want to stall/increase bf
Watdo
Inb4 underage get out reeeee

>contacts or laser eye surgery
>shave
>Melanotan II
>idk ask a barber or hairdresser
>your still young fampai

i'll try this, thanks for the tips user

Bump

Are there any exercise(s) that Veeky Forums would especially recommend to increase upper body strength? I can do roughly 6 pull ups on my first set and I don't find I'm improving workout to workout on pull ups. On a related note I don't feel like I'm doing pull ups right my back doesn't feel like it's being engaged like it should: how exactly are you suppose to do a pull up with proper form?

Clean bulk, but you'll have to eat a ton either way. If you want to have minimal fat increase, then that's your only option.

Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5 are two popular and good beginner programs. Make sure to read the sticky and read Starting Strength and the starting strength faq if you decide on that (probably good to read either way but) and read the SL guide if you choose that. Point is, don't neglect learning form, you'll progress a lot faster if you can do the exercises well.

Part of your problem might also be in your current amount upper body work vs your amount of lower body work, since cycling is very quad dominant.

Assuming you're new to lifting. Learn about cutting and watch some videos/read some about it. (Omar Isuf has some pretty good videos on cutting) Since you're starting out you'll probably be able to make some strength gains and maybe even some muscle gains even while you're cutting. Though be warned that lowering your bodyfat is only going to expose what's underneath so don't be expecting abs or anything. Clean bulking might be better as the other user said (especially since you might lose some fat anyway), and then after a while of that if you're still concerned about your BF % then you can worry about cutting.

Good luck

You'll have to be more specific if you want a specific part. Otherwise: Bench press is king of upper body exercises, rows are great for the back, isometric situps and/or cable crunches for core, hyperextensions for the lower back.

As for your pull up problem, it sounds like you don't have good control over your back muscles, maybe try doing lat pulldowns to get a feeling for it, and focus on pulling with your elbows, like you're trying to put your elbows in your back pockets.

Thanks user.

I can do both things:
>Extend abdomen while breathing in and contracting it when breathing out.
>Contract abdomen while breathing in and extend it while breathing out.
What is correct? And could me doing it wrong (had asthma and a few bad bouts of pneumonia as a kid) have something to do with my rib-cage being slightly distended?

>>Extend abdomen while breathing in and contracting it when breathing out.
this one
I can do both if I try so I doubt that it has something to do with your ribcage but I'm no doctor

What can I do about my recessed chin and wide hips?

Suicide is not an option.

What are some decent cardio workout videos, like insanity or P90X, that are light on your hip?

I have a genetic issue in my hip and my doctor said that I shouldn't overload myself or jump during my routines, she told me to never do any sports with running or jumping. Insanity has a shitload of jumps so I'm looking for an alternative, any recommendations?

I'm out of shape and need substitutes for the following exercises that I can't do:
>chin ups
>pull ups
>dips

can i use chocolate milk instead of whole milk for my GOMAD?