Goals

strawpoll.me/11073349

In 3 years:

>I will look like pic related, (I'm 19, 5'10" and an ectomorph, Northern Indian descent, average face)
>I will lose my virginity and have regular sex (I know sex is heavily exaggerated but I want to be alpha)
>I will have finished my associates in Architecture Technology and will be wrapping up my bachelor's in Architecture, should I transfer to a 4-year school with a good program (did Computer Science for a year; hated it)
>I will find a good architectural internship, that will hopefully turn into my starting job
>I will make a minimum of 50k a year (growing up poor this is a lot to me)
>Learn to love myself and cherish every day (struggle with this)

Long term goals:

>Become a completely independent contract architect with my own firm (20% of all architects)
>Settle down with a good woman
>Be in the top 1% regarding physique
>Be envied by everyone I know (a little narcissism is healthy)

Post your goals

shameless self bump

Fuck it, I'm posting some brehs from my motivation folder to keep thread alive

>Indian
You'll fail at everything like you already failed at life, blow yourself.

my nigga you'll have to do better than that

You think you can look like Zyzz in 3 years, it's enough to tell you're absolutely stupid.

He'll do more than fail at life. He'll die in a sauna.

>>I will have finished my associates in Architecture Technology and will be wrapping up my bachelor's in Architecture, should I transfer to a 4-year school with a good program (did Computer Science for a year; hated it)
>>I will find a good architectural internship, that will hopefully turn into my starting job
>>I will make a minimum of 50k a year (growing up poor this is a lot to me)
It's a good thing you have low expectations on salary, because architecture is a really shitty industry to get into if you're looking for money.

Like a bunch of retarded artists, all these kids get all these architecture jobs at these nice firms for the prestige and experience for shit pay.

Ironically, they don't realize they're going to be treated like shit, pigeon-holed into a one-trick pony (oh you're good at RCP's? Guess you'll be doing them for 10 years), paid "industry average" (which means 50K), and not see any significant promotions or raises for five years.

Source: I work for one of the largest (top 5) architecture and engineering firms in the world. Fortunately for me I'm one of the well paid engineers. If any of the architects were to find out how much I got paid, I probably would be murdered by the end of the day.

My tip to you is to stick to small-to-medium sized firms. Don't give a flying fuck about the prestige of a big name firm. The only architects successful there are the people who helped get the company where it is today (i.e. decades of experience) or were hired in a high position straight up (i.e. decades of experience).

I go to school full time, have a wide circle of friends and whenever I'm not busy, I'm going to start working part time again with my free time, and I have both long term and short term goals.

I don't believe I can replicate Zyzz's physique perfectly but in three years I can put on 25-30 pounds of lean muscle. and become aesthetic with my low body fat and average height.

I fail to see the "fail at life" part

I appreciate your the time you put into your post. How possible would it be to develop my own clientele, work for myself, and make six figures like approx. 20% of architects? What would that take?

Save yourself the time and die in a sauna. You'll be just like him.

My dad is an architect, he works with a few other architect friends. It's a small company but they're never hurting for business or money. He also designed and built his own dream home, in a nice neighborhood. Yeah, he's not super rich, but he's saved money and is retiring with enough in savings for he and my mom to live comfortably and have everything they need. It never seemed like a shitty job to me, and besides he loves it. He knew since he was five years old that's what he wanted to do. I'm pretty proud of my dad desu.

>I appreciate your the time you put into your post. How possible would it be to develop my own clientele, work for myself, and make six figures like approx. 20% of architects? What would that take?
It's definitely not 20% of architects that make it that far. Perhaps 20% of architects over 40.

At my office there is literally dozens (perhaps over 50) of project architects, junior architects, junior designers, senior designers. The amount of architects that make over 100K in this office can be counted on one hand. Generally it's the senior project managers that start making that money. This is pretty industry standard.

Basically you have the masses of cheap labor, as the majority of work is production (making deliverables; e.g. sheets) and very tedious. Then you have project managers managing these kids. Then above that you have the actual architects that come up with the "big ideas." There's a lot of shit inbetween but that's the jist. There are very, very few of these mastermind-type architects per firm. It's very much a pyramid.

Like I said, don't ever fall for the "big name firm" meme. Work at a medium-sized firm for experience, real experience. A place that is short-staffed, because if you have plenty of worker bees, these bees will get pigeon-holed into a specific job as mentioned, whereas a place that is short-staffed will constantly be pushing you to wear many hats and you will pick up many skills. Choose a place in which you will actually have direct access to the architects that sign off on shit and do the big ideas.

Also, don't worry too much about six figures. I do make six figures, but I also live in a large metropolitan area. If you can get away with a good firm while living in the suburbs, you're golden. You'd put away more in the bank and have a higher standard of living making $70k at that firm than I do making over $100k.

>He also designed and built his own dream home, in a nice neighborhood. Yeah, he's not super rich, but he's saved money and is retiring with enough in savings for he and my mom to live comfortably and have everything they need. It never seemed like a shitty job to me, and besides he loves it. He knew since he was five years old that's what he wanted to do. I'm pretty proud of my dad desu.
Your dad did it right though. Like I said, small-medium. Preferably a bit more on the medium side. If your dad tried to work for the big boys who have really cool projects, he would have found himself doing shit work for shitty pay his life. A small firm you can actually learn and get increasing responsibility for shit.

As for the clientele part, always try to increase your responsibility. Soon enough you will start to be put in front of customers. When customers start seeing you again and again, well, things happen.

That's one of the big reasons why I got hired (as an engineer). I know a lot of people in my particular industry, so when my senior VP was doing checks on me during the interview process, all his contacts were like, "Yeah, I know that guy, he does good work," and it put a LOT of negotiating power on my side.

However, if you're some junior designer always hiding behind your project manager, no one will ever know you exist.

Yeah my dad never really cared for that. He enjoys coming up with interesting ideas for people's homes, or small businesses. The buildings he designed in our city are really recognizable and distinct even though he had to work within the clients needs. He built up a pretty large base of local clients that way. And he can take on/refuse work at his own discretion. My dad is too laid back to work for some huge firm, he likes it how he's done it.

I should also mention a big reason why low level architects don't make good money these days is that the recent trend (last 10-15 years) has made the male:female ratio in the industry close to 50% for the non-senior positions (e.g. millennials), whereas all hires made 15+ years ago the ratio is expectedly male dominated (only like 20% of registered architects are women, for instance).

In addition to people working for "experience" and "prestige," women are incredibly bad at negotiating salary, as in, they very rarely do. Even if you're a total anti-feminist and completely against gender equality, this is bad for the industry, as they are bringing down the average, thus firms are less willing to higher at a decent rate.

P O O
O
O

>I want to compete in 2020 Olympics
>I want to get my degree early
>I want to have body as pic related
>I want to especially make my parents proud
>Lose virginity on the side
lifting for 2 years and played rugby for 6 years. Think i could make it senpai?

depends on how far you already cam for your goals an how determined you are.