/cut/ - cutting general

Back with the simple picture god damn it. How's that cut going user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs
aa.org/
smartrecovery.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another mothefucking day spent eating clean. Dinner was amazing. Brown rice mixed and chicken tenderloins with homemade salsa on top. On the side I sauteed some mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Tomorrow will be a week since I started my cut and its going great.

I had one bad day of eating. Hopped on scale. Plus 8 #s. What?? I only went over cal limit by 300. Hoping it's water weight. God dammit.

Recovering fatty here.

Cut's been going pretty well. Stayed around or below 1600 cal each day.

My brother's bachelor party is this weekend though, which means I'm not making progress this week.

Well I ate above 500 cals yesterday and lost 0,7 kg. I dont know how. Maybe i calculated wrong.
But still, fuck you mom for insiting I eat your godlike homemade icecream and shoving some fries down my throat because "user you are so skinny! Besides you visit the gym nearly everyday, so you can eat whatever you want!"
When will she understand that I am weak-minded? If she goes on like this i wont visit her any time soon again

115g protein, what are you 4ft tall?

This

Is a 1700 calorĂ­es a day ok for a 6.003 ft 83 kgs guy? Doing stronglifts, cutting. No cardio

Currently at 9.8% body fat according to calipers. Cutting is wearing on me and I don't think I'm actually at 9.8%. I have very visible and distinct serratus anterior, upper abdominals are prominent, lower abdominals still tucked away. Guess I'll just keep cutting away.

How long have you been lifting?

4 months

Hey Veeky Forums, is it possible to lose 1.15kg of weight in a day?
I weighed myself this morning after taking a shit, and I'm afraid my scale might be broken.
I'm a fatass on a cut, was 85kg yesterday, but my scale showed 83.7-83.9 just now.

Got off keto on monday as it was wrecking my brain, lifts and energy. Adding back carbs made me hold on to a bunch of water it seems, didn't lose any weight between monday and wednesday despite a rather large deficit and was starting to get a little worried, but finally saw a small drop today, so it's all good.
Well worth getting off keto too, did it for 3 months and lost a bunch of weight sure, but my cognitive functions went to shit, energy was low as fuck and lifts were failing, can't tell you how great it felt to do a 260 squat again after failing at 250 before.
Down to 220lbs now, would like to get to 180 before the year is out.

you need to weigh yourself at the same time everyday because your weight can fluctuate massivly depending on hydration and whether youve taken a shit before. start weighing yourself naked as the very first thing you do in the day and then if you still find your weight changing by over 1kg get a new scale.

Posted in 2 qtddtot's and still no answer.

>started as 75kg fatso
>started lifting, cut to 63kg and looked ripped af
>think "time to SLOW bulk"
>fuck it up and revert to fatty eating
>put on 10kg in less than a month

HOW DO I REVERT TO MY RIPPED STATE ASAP AND PRESERVE GAINS?

P.S.: I know I fucked up and that there is no quick fix (that I know of). I just want to know how to not hate myself while cutting.

Going good so far senpai, lost about 12lbs since my month of shit diet and move overseas. Looking lean and determined to get shredded before Halloween so I can be a sikkunt and pick up some Korean QTs.

6'1"
211lbs

Lost 2lb today, and that is measuring myself after drinking 4 cups of tea, eating a kit kat and having a small handful of tortilla chips.

Start cutting again while lifting
It's not rocket science

I keep reading accounts on Veeky Forums which go along the lines of "Just finished my cut, luckily only lost xx lbs on bench" etc.
THAT'S THE TRUE FEAR.

I don't mind cutting with an aesthetic body in my mind as my goal, but the prospect of losing strength is frightening.

You can't ensure 100% that you won't lose muscle while cutting.
But if you exercise your muscles with appropriate difficulty, your body will be less inclined to lose muscle mass instead of fat, because it'll feel that those muscles are needed for survival.

I ate mcdonalds yesterday god damn it.

As long as you avoid the fries you can include it in your deficit

9 nuggets fries and a small coke, around 1200 kcal. pretty crazy how they do that.

Too much broccoli.

Been cutting for about two months, down ten pounds but stalled a bit with period water weight. Checked again today, dropped another three. I'm not even eating that clean desu

Has anyone been at a cut for a few weeks, steadily losing weight and then suddenly drop like 4kg (8 - 9lb) in a single week with little to no change in diet/exercise?

I only experience the opposite.

Upped my calories by 300 this week and havnt gained any extra weight so I'm pretty happy, still bouncing around the 73.3kg mark, id like to stay under 75 but start improving my main lifts.

Go back to cutting? You should only increase your calories by a small amount per week, a lot of guys immediately jump up several hundred calories and completely change their training, not realising they're no longer burning off the same amount of calories as they were before, I'd say don't change anything about training or diet for the first 4 weeks, except increase your daily intake by 200/300kcal, then see what's happening, that way you can monitor the situation, a slot of that weight might be increased water retention from your dietary changes.

If you massively limit your water intake and do a high intensity training session then it's entirely possible that you'll fluctuate a bit on the scales, that's why daily weighing is pointless, weigh yourself every Monday morning first thing to get a more accurate understanding, then correlate the results every 4 weeks.

Nope 6 ft and 290.3 lbs as of today. Too maintain muscle while cutting you only need .8g of protein per kg of bodyweight.

Was successfully cutting for a few months, been eating everything in sight for the past 5 days or so and it's strange. Feels like I'm eating too much, but I also kinda like the idea of bulking. Still I know I'll have to stop in a couple of days and go back to the cut if I want to look at all decent for vacation this winter.

Free from school is hard while on a cut.
>last week before school starts.
I feel like when im in a regular routine its way easier to cut.
>wake up
>shower and clean up
>eat breakfast
>go to school till 5
> go home, have dinner
>do some schoolwork
>let the dinner digest a bit
>go to the gym at 7:30/8
>workout till around 10pm
>go home, shower and go the bed.

Before summer vacation i lost 15kg (33lbs). I weigh 116kg(255lbs) and my goal is to reach 90 kg(basically pic related, me rn

New OP foto

...Anonymous
08/25/16(Thu)00:17:23 No.38446904
Is a 1700 calorĂ­es a day ok for a 6.003 ft 83 kgs guy? Doing stronglifts, cutting. No cardio, any opinions??

its on the lower side but sounds good to me for a fast cut

I eat chipotle, portillos, or five guys 5/7 days a week. Permacut

Why are you posting this? Yes, I am sorry about your life, if that's what you wanted to know.

Well its kind off a cut thread. So i am sharing my experience with cutting.

well i suck at portion control and i still drink a lot of Pepsi Max, which although it uses artificial sweeteners and has no calories, newer studies imply could have bad effects on the body

considering just starting meal prep and dedicate a couple hours every sunday to cook properly portioned dinners for the entire week

tl;dr, love working out, but suck at dieting

Thx :)

>tfw could reach cutting goals in a matter of weeks if I stopped drinking

The hooch is too good senpai

>tfw taking 600mg dnp now with 2g of steroids
>tdee of ~4500
>will be eating 0 food for the next 10 days

Gonna make it brah!

im gonna know what that feels like tomorrow.

Recipe for homemade salsa please user?

fucking serious?

tomato
cilantro
onion
jalapeno/serrano (eorrano is spicier and better imo)
salt

either chop everything up and make it pico de gallo or put all ingredients in a blender to make normal salsa.

another option is to cook the tomatoes and peppers on your stove for a bit, just heat up a pan and put the whole tomato and peppers, no oil or anything, and turn them occasionally (skin will get black but its all good) and then throw them in the blender and you are good

could put chipotle peppers in the blender to to get a really good smokey spicy flavor

>Too maintain muscle while cutting you only need .8g of protein per kg of bodyweight.

Fucking kek. You'll learn you're wrong the hard way I guess.

Science supports it. That number only applies to experienced resistance training athletes though, not fat as fuck novices

I'm sure you've lifted for years, got fucking swoled up. Then cut on exactly .8g of protein for one cut, and then cut on exactly 1g of protein for one cut, and then cut on exactly 1.5g of protein for one cut, and then cut on exactly 2g of protein for one cut.

Please give us some insight, you've really motivated me already

Alcohol is my only vice when it comes to fitness goals. I only drink once every 1-2 weeks, but I go far too hard. End up drinking stupid shit - car bombs, namely. Or I think it's fun to pound bizarrely alcoholic shots & drink myself into oblivion.

Just stop doing it

Guys i have a wedding to attend next week and i realised i cant fit into my fancy clothes anymore. Any ways to lose like 5 to 8kg in a week?

You could potentially loose that much weight though water and shit, but you still wont fit in your clothes.

bad its going bad

I normally stall for a week or two before the plumit. But yeah it's not uncommon. It's thought to be related to water retention. Google weight lose whoosh.

just smoke weed instead, it has 0 calories and is equally degenerate if that's something you're worried about

It doesn't in the slightest.

Decades of bodybuilders already tested that for me, I don't need to do it again. But sure fatty, go ahead and end up as a no muscle skinny fat.

How differently affect your body a calorie deficit if you do cardio or not regarding muscle loss.
For example which is better if you're cutting on 1500 kcal if I'm somewhat overweight.

2500 -1000(Cardio) =1500
VS
1500 -0(No cardio) =1500

Lel iv cut before with that ammount and lost minimum (not even visible) muscle over long periods of time, and guess what, many others have done the same with great results. I mean theres even fucking papers supporting this is the rigt ht way. So shut the fuck and keep chugging on your protein shakes.

so for the people who avoid dairy, what do you order when you eat out?

butter is basically in every single thing

obviously the first one you lazy bum

remember that HIIT cardio will also help your muscles grow if you're a beginner

This is why this place loses quality posters to reddit

:(

You could have easily encouraged him but no let's be b tarts. How many good posters have you run off here now...

>:(
fuck outta here

>
>This is why this place loses quality posters to reddit

You could have easily acknowledged the helpful information he provided but instead focused on the tone you read it in

That is not helpful and you know it. That's gorgeous for the lulz

officially 24 hours passed since 0 calories and 600mg of dnp.

gonna go for another 24 hours.

Have 3 scoops of protein powder at work just to be safe.

>I only went over cal limit by 300. Hoping it's water weight. God dammit.
>Well I ate above 500 cals yesterday and lost 0,7 kg.

Really? Is going over by a few hundred really not so bad? I quite regularly (about once a week) go over my limit by about 50-100 calories and it always makes me feel guilty as fuck.

>
>obviously the first one you lazy bum
>remember that HIIT cardio will also help your muscles grow if you're a beginner

>Not helpful you /b/ tard

>
>the first one
>remember that HIIT cardio will also help your muscles grow if you're a beginner

>Why, thank-you good sir. What an information and quality post by such a true gentleman. It would be my great pleasure for you to accept my gift of Reddit gold as a token of my appreciation.

Post your body DYEL.

ive been cutting for a month or so and pretty much no chance, terrible gym ethic because of home life currently so I figured no biggie, but in the past two weeks I lost seven pounds.
ive been keeping to min of 64 ounces of water a day so i dont know how much of it is water weight but should I be worried with this sudden change?

Down to 195 from a dreamer bulk of 225.

Going for 190 by late September.

Trying to mentally prep for testing maxes :(

>throw spatula against wall because bacon wouldn't flip
>shout at thunder to shut the fuck up
>hate strangers for no other reason than that they exist next to me

I don't know if macros are fucked or something, but it seems that my diet lately is making me irritable as shit these last few weeks of the almost 6 months that I've been cutting without fuss.

Should your calorie allowance be less or more if you haven't got much weight to lose?

I've read so much conflicting information. Some say that you should gradually eat closer to maintenance as your weight goes down, others claim that your should eat even less than when you started your weight-loss as there's less mass to maintain. I so confused guys.
I'm not overweight by any definition of the word, but I am over-fat (I've got a huge pot-belly). Also, I've read the sticky, I've been losing for a few months.

It's been going basically perfect until today. For some reason when lunch rolled around I got a huge craving for PB&J. Had about 750cal worth of that and then later some ice cream. Don't know why the cravings hit me so hard today.

If I skip dinner I'll still come in under my TDEE but I'm going to try to play some tennis later tonight and burn some more off.

London?

Not eating enough mate. I know that's kind of the point but if it's making you angry (do you also lack motivation and sometimes feel anxious?) then eating just a bit more will help. I was cutting at 1000cal for about a week and it turned me into a monster.
"Hey user how was gym?"
"it was fine why the fuck do you keep asking?? Im gonna give you the same answer every time!!!"

Now cutting at around 1300, feel much better and still losing weight.

>tfw just got two chicken sandwiches with waffle fries and chicken fil a sauce and a dr pepper and demolished them all at once

why da HFCS gotta taste so good Veeky Forums?
how many calories did i just consume? 1300?

I figure it was the same reason so went from a 1000 calorie cut to 600 but the anger remains.

I like this and has been saved.

If you don't like the look keep cutting away. Watch this video too.
youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs

You will and glad to see you got off a diet that was slowing you down. It doesn't work well for everyone and I hate when people preach diets like religion. Focus and continue towards the end of the year were you will be 180lbs.

Consider the things that make you suck at dieting? Is it certain foods or certain times of day that you are more hungry? With planning you could learn to avoid your mistakes.

It was a gift from a friend. They used only the stuff from their garden and I estimated the macros.

This is sage advice for salsa. :)

r/stopdrinking
aa.org/
smartrecovery.org/

You are gonna make it, the journey begins with you and the change within. It's ok to seek help. Alcohol is liquid bread and a gains killer.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Most restaurants in the US are willing to accommodate. Nothing wrong with knowing what you are eating and asking how it's prepared.

How do you feel? Are you functioning less then normal physically or mentally? If you notice a huge change in those departments go to a doctor, if not, continue doing your cut.

Woke up feeling full and not wanting to cook. However this didn't stop me with continuing my cut. It's been a week since I started and I have lost 5 pounds already. Feels great and can't wait to finish a day off on a good note. WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT.

>butter is basically in every single thing

You might be surprised at how few things actual butter is in. At least in the US what most restaurants call "butter" is actually dairy free margarine. Hell, many places use 90% canola oil and call it olive oil. I'm amazed that it's legal but it's been true more often than i can remember.

Forgot pic related

>eating out
>making it

pick one and only one

Happened the first week of cutting dropped 15 in like 3 days of diet and cardio and some lifting kind of stagnant right now though

how is that even possible in 4 days? did you get surgery?

4 months. He is American.

Living the party life is hard when you're trying to improve your body wait until you've reached your goals

it's a pet peeve of mine when people who are just losing weight say they're cutting.

a cut is always preceded by a bulk. you're cutting away the fat you purposefully gave yourself so you could get sick gains. if you're just a fatty and are finally waking up and realizing you need to lose weight, then you're not cutting. you're just losing weight

Ok, listen because I'm probably writing something autistically stupid.

If you remove blood from your body, your body has to create new blood. Doing so requires energy and probably increases the caloric requirements of the body.

Could bloodletting be the cheat code to cutting?

Anyone know?

Estimated 600 - 800 calories lost per blood donation.

bad planning and impulse buying is definitely a big part of the problem

not good at cooking either

so basically it falls back to meal prep and better planning

sounds like a good idea