Any of you guys get back into working out after being addicted to booze or drugs?

Any of you guys get back into working out after being addicted to booze or drugs?

I was lifting for about two years straight, then for the last two years I've been pretty much drinking 12-15 beers a day 6 days a week.

I've been sober for 5 days now and feel fine but I'm scared I might have fucked myself up permanently and die in the gym or something

Degenerate

Your alcohol related death will probably onset slowly and manifest in a diagnosis after you go to the doctor complaining about blood in your spit/poop. It'll happen because you relapse because you're too proud to go to an AA meeting.

Liver problems are what you can face but it shouldn't affect your lifting. Just keep at it. We're all gonna make it. And many of us would dream to die in a gym rather than in hospice

Fuck these guys. Keep going OP.

Who else here /drunkgym/?

I used to be able to do that, go in the morning and still be buzzing the night before

Now I get horrible anxiety and my heart rate/blood pressure are both ridiculously high after drinking

People who smoke one pack of cigarettes a day for 40+ years still only have about 10% chance of ever developing lung cancer. That's a fucking lot in the context of a deadly risk, but it's still unlikely.

If you use tanning beds excessively and end up getting melanoma, you probably didn't get it from the excessive tanning. That's a statistical fact considering people who use tanning beds are only ~20-80% more likely to develop skin cancer.
Females who tan excessively are still more likely to develop breast cancer than melanoma. It's just a more common type of cancer. Despite that fact these women probably worry more about melanoma than breast cancer, which doesn't really make sense.

I don't have any specific stats for your case OP, but I can safely say that you're more likely to die from cancer than by those beers. Several hundred times more likely. That's true even if you keep drinking, which you shouldn't because you'd live a lonely and unsatisfying life and that's even worse than dying.

My point is that if you worry about your health it'd make more sense to worry about your prostate. We should all be worrying about our prostates.

> addicted to booze

This some kinda meme m8?

nothing wrong with getting drunk desu

I work out, but I'm still addicted to booze and amphetamine.

yes I used to chug vodka everynight and got fat as fuck.

Now I'm hitting the gym hard 5 times a week. The first few workouts obliterated my muscles and the doms were so bad that I could not walk for 5 days one time, but now I'm better than I have been in a long time. Replace that booze addiction with a workout and health addiction. We are gonna make it.

My fathers an alcoholic. I HATE my father. You ever fucking think of what you're doing to the people around you OP? If you even fucking THINK about touching alcohol ever again I'll fucking make it my life's mission to fucking destroy you. You piece of fucking shit, get in the gym and forget about that FUCKING poison. IM GONNA GO FUCKING MENTAL IN A MINUTE THINKING ABOUT YOU CRACKING OPEN ANOTHER BEER. *Tssss* as the can opens ARRRGGHHH.

Yeah it's pretty easy just go to the gym you're not gonna die especially just from going on a drinking bender

Sounds like you're bipolar in manic phase

Yeah man.

A have ridden that wave at least 3 or 4 times.

at one point I got sober and healthy. bench was 275lbx3 at 185. Then after 2.5 years of adderall addiction interspersed with boozing I was a fat pile of shit.

had to start over from scratch.

I have been lifting for around 14 months now and am not quite where I was before I fucked it all up.

I can tell you two things from my experience.

> 1. It is worth it to get back in shape. Doing something is better than doing nothing and feeling sorry for yourself.

> 2. That being said, I still will never be what I would have been if I hadn't used. The loss from addiction and alcoholism is real. No reason deluding yourself about it.

Just make the change to sober life permanent. Put some kind of system in place as insurance. The sad truth is that the way your brain is wired now, you will be one bad week away from picking up a twelve pack for a lot of years to come

oh yeah, and just because you relapse doesn't mean you have to revisit your bottom. If/when it happens just sober up and get back on track

It's a cliche in sobriety that young men tend to get fit. I was all proud of myself for getting back to the gym hard when I first got sober, then I went to AA young peoples meeting and there are other jacked dude there...Made me realize exactly how cliche I was

It's dopamine replacement. Nothing cliche about it, shit is about survival and finding a sustainable sober way of life. getting jacked is just a byproduct

MMMMMmmmmm

Sometimes after I cum it feels a little painful down there
feelsbadman

You're literally me. Its gotten to the point where if I drink a 15 pack of beer one night after being abstaining for a couple weeks I still feel hungover for days and feel like I'm dying from anxiety. It's probably a good thing actually, I drink much less now because of the consequences

How young do u have to be to go to one, asking for a late 20's friend

There are bros there in their 30's. Grills too.

You'd fit right in in your 20's as that is a relatively young age to get sober

> for the last two years I've been pretty much drinking 12-15 beers a day 6 days a week.
>I'm scared I might have fucked myself up permanently and die in the gym or something

I drank twice as much for more than twice as long. Im feeling a decade younger than I use to and am improving every day. You can't change the past. You can only influence the future.

wise words and glad to hear it. good for you user, respsect