Veeky Forums tell me the truth

Veeky Forums tell me the truth.

Do some girls really have genetics that make them fat and not be able to lose weight?

I have a housemate who is pretty fat. I only ever see her eating dinner, and she usually just has some salad or some shit. For breakfast she has one (just one) scoop of some 'women's weight loss protein' bullshit she buys because it's ''''low carb''''. I don't think she eats lunch, or at least I've never seen her eat lunch. Her daily calorie intake would be easily less than 1000cals. She goes to the gym probably about 2-3 times a week and basically does meme exercises for half an hour, but it must burn some calories.

Meanwhile my other female housemates are average weight but eat like absolute shit - heaps of junk food, candy, frozen chicken and other disgusting crap. And they do no exercise, but they still stay pretty slim.

I thought losing weight was just calories in < calories out. How does my housemate stay fat? Is she secretly drinking oil or something?

Pic unrelated but rare zyzz for yas

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/learn-why-women-carry-more-fat-than-men
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/er.2006-0040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She eats when you guys aren't around.

Sometimes i'm home for the entire day and I still don't see her eat apart from her single scoop and meme dinner.

She could have some high caloric food stashed in her room that she binges on before bed.

The other girls are skinny because they likely eat extremely small quantities of the junk. My sister eats fried chicken + chips + ice-cream everyday and is a size 0 because she's queen portion control.

got a pic of her? you can blur out face and stuff to keep it anonymous

>Do some girls really have genetics that make them fat and not be able to lose weight?

Yes, it's rare but it exists.

Why do you wanna see a pic of her? I just looked through her FB pics anyway and they are all taken from flattering angles where you cannot see how big she is.

Nice triple dubs.

Also, just looking at her fb photos it's not clear that she used to be normal weight. Somehow, over the last two years, she has gained like 20kg. How is this possible?

it would help us get a good idea of just how overweight she is.

here are some other important questions:
does she drink alcohol?
does she drink soda juice or milk?
does she have a job where she just sits on her ass?
Do you really see her 12 hours a day and know everything she eats?
is it possible she stops and gets fast food or snacks on chips or cookies at work?

She doesn't drink all that often, but when she does she gets really fucked up and drinks like 2+ bottles of wine easily.

I've never seen her drinking soda, juice or milk. She sometimes drinks almond milk i think.

She's a student and yes she does spend a lot of time sitting on her ass, but she still rides her bike everywhere because she hasn't got a license, so she at least does some form of exercise every day.

The last two make me think I guess. She likely could be eating heaps of shit when I'm not around, or when she's at uni. I just don't understand how she can go from being normal weight when she was a teenager to being so fat now.

i hate people who throw the term "genetics" around without knowing shit about it

we should just make a list of all the diseases and conditions that make women either gain fat or make it hard for them to lose fat

if they're not diagnosed with any of those they should shut the fuck up about muh genetics

shit man that is weird. I personally know how my body works and know when i'm going to pack on weight and I know when I'm going to lose it. It sounds like she either has a thyroid issue or she drinks/eats a lot more than you think and hides it well. Alcohol has a lot of calories and as you get older your body packs on the weight faster than when you are a teen. I think some types of birth control also make girls gain weight.

No, calories in/out really does apply to everyone. There are generic conditions that make you eat more/less or feel more/less energetic so engage in more/less activity, but still calories in/out applies.

Unless you're this guy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare

I knew a bro who was 100kg+ and seemed to eat normal amounts. Then one day I saw him eating a pack of cookies, putting 3 in his mouth at a time. Mystery solved, he always kept a goodies stash.

you probably don't even go to a gym if you've never noticed that there really are genetic differences between people that make some people more muscular or leaner or fatter than others
the really fat people use genetics as a convenient excuse but there are people who aren't "thin" just because they have genetics allowing them to easily store fat, while some others seem to never gain any fat

>Do some girls really have genetics that make them fat and not be able to lose weight?
Of course not, dingus.

Its a slippery slope senpai

Doesn't take much to get fat and the fatter you are the easier it is to get more fat

Then it's extremely hard to lose it

>can't see much progress
>demoralising
>actually producing less dopamine and serotonin because of leptin levels
>one slice of pizza won't hurt will it user ?

So happy my mum and dad kept me slim as a child.

The worst I have had to cut was from 13% to 10% and I hated it

Can't even imagine going from 30%+ to a normal human amount of bodyfat

She cannot generate energy out of nothing, dude. And if she was thin before it was more evidence that it's not "much geneticks".

>really fat people use genetics as an excuse
>Some people aren't "thin" because of genetics
You can't have it both ways fucker. You don't follow these people around all day, you see them maybe once a day for a few minutes. It's calories in/calories out.

Jury is still out. Used to be more consensus that it was just calories in and out, but there's some new evidence that at least currently obese people have hormone problems and/or metabolic problems. As far as I can tell it's unclear whether that's genetics or somehow caused by choices that make you obese.

Your housemate could be eating more than you all think or she could have a really have a hormone/metabolism problem. Thermodynamics still applies, but her basal metabolic rate could just be very low.

Regardless, everyone can lose weight if they control diet and exercise. It's harder for some people. One thing we now know is that light cardio does little more than burn some calories during it. Fatties really need to be doing lifting or HIIT.

>can't see much progress
>demoralising
>actually producing less dopamine and serotonin because of leptin levels
>one slice of pizza won't hurt will it user ?

Story of my life, food and masturbation.
Why was there no one to stop it?

Was Zyzzz being arrested or what?

No. It's simple physics:

Your body NEEDS energy to do things like breathe, have a pulse, think... You know, to BE ALIVE. There are literally only two possible sources for this energy: Digested food, and burned body fat. If you're eating at a caloric deficit (or even so much as entering a fasted state while you sleep) your body MUST make up the difference from body fat, or else you'd literally starve to death in your sleep. This is the whole reason the human body stores fat in the first place.

Similarly, the ONLY way to build body fat is to have excess raw material to build it with. Literally the only source of this raw material is food that wasn't already burned as energy. Otherwise you are literally claiming that your body can create matter out of thin air.

If the human body were an electronic device, fat serves the same function as a capacitor. In a circuit without a capacitor (i.e. a body that is incapable of burning fat) it would shut down INSTANTLY if you cut the power.

There was and they failed.
Now you see the light so step up and make it like you deserve.

Here's the usual explanation
>She eats when no one's looking
Seriously, I know fatties who hide stuff and eat it at the toilet.
>She has one day a week where she ruins all of her progress
It's pretty common for people to go way too hard with their cheat day.

Do we girls have magical power to create matter out of thin air? No they are just weak minded pieces of shit who like to pig out all the fucking time.

Bodies holding in to madd. Shes not eating enough/the right foods

>Do we girls have magical power to create matter out of thin air?
Yes, but only in the presence of marriage. Matter is usually created around stomach and thighs.

she a trashy drinking girl. There are shit ton of calories in alcohol. If you drink 2 bottles of wine doesn't matter if you work out 2-3 times a week 30 min. Also 30 minutes is nothing. She probably walks at real low pace on eleptical machine talking to her friends while she should be trying to do 300 bodyweight squats in that time. Guarantee she a fat bitch that goes to the gym for normie reasons like telling everyone on facebook that you go to the gym. I know the type.

No. But some have genetics that make them dumb as rocks and they'll never understand how their own bodies work

/thead
Women are seriously retarded when it comes to losing weight.
Not only are they dumb, but they're also lazy af and don't want to put in actual effort. That's why diet pills and shit like that sell so fucking well.

No but as you get older your body tries a lot harder to store any excess calories as fat, in women this is 20-30+ and in men it's 40+.

Also if you eat like a pig for a few months, your body makes a ton of fat cells. These fat cells are never broken down, they deflate if you diet but they will always stay. This means if you eat a lot of chocolate or whatever for one day, you'll put a shit load of weight on fast.

I used to be able to eat almost anything and rarely put on much weight at all. Then I went through a heavy bulking phase and put on a ton of fat, now even eatting too much chocolate over a holiday season puts a ton of weight on.

Women naturally have twice the fat of a man.

Their bodies are also programmed to store fat a lot yougner, women and men are not the same.

humankinetics.com/excerpts/excerpts/learn-why-women-carry-more-fat-than-men

>weight loss protein

>women have higher bodyfat % than men

nobody is arguing with that you fucking retarded mongoloid, they're saying that women are dumber when it comes to reaching a healthy bf%. kill yourself

no, it's because older people move less

Her endocrine system is probably fucked up op. Hence no matter how hard she tries she still won't get thinner until she gets that shit fixed

Most of the food you eat is processed and used to produce ATP. If you sit on your ass all day this will still be done because it is required for you to survive. There is no genetic anomaly in existence that prevents this without killing them.

There are many conditions that may make it more difficult to lose body fat but they are not above the laws of physics or our understanding of microbiology.

Old women also have nothing to live for but to eat once their looks have faded away.

I was pretty normal-sized with 15, but then I got cravings for crisps. fast forward to 1 year ago: 3 days per week ~2 bags of crisps. That's around 2.5kcal 3 times per week. I was 100kg at the beginning of this year. Now cut down to 88kg including building some muscle by cutting out the crisps and not really calorie counting. Will properly cut (IIFYM) beginning in September because Uni...
Your normal eating habits don't have to be too bad if you fill the rest with "snacks" that end up dominating your calorie intake

My girlfriend has lost 9lbs in the last two weeks, I'm so proud of her. She struggles with weight and self confidence so its so great seeing her do well.

I want her to run with me though would go quicker but I can't push too hard lol

Don't forget muscle as a source of energy. Crash diets often don't work because muscle get's degenerated and people still look fat at the end because of the high calorie deficit.

That's the only possibility, it's not physically possible otherwise.
As an ex fat person the only time you eat is when others aren't around

You were there to stop it.

This. For all the normal and amazing people in the world alike, there are outliers for both. Some people win the genetic lottery in some aspects that make them appealing. It's not like they're freaks but they just don't process food on a 1:1 ratio like everyone else. Can be negative and can be positive.

No.

There are genetics that make them predisposed to eating like elephants and there are genetics that make them predisposed to not moving around very much. Predisposed.

They are, however, under full control of what enters their mouth, assuming, of course, that you're not there with a gun to their heads saying "EAT THE BURGER *CLICK*".

Metabolism differences between people are minor and don't really matter in the end. It's all about CICO, even if she has 5% less "calories out" than other people, which doesn't amount to much more than an extra bite a day anyway.

There are medical conditions which may cause CICO to fail if one is trying to GAIN weight. But the body can't store energy it doesn't have, so the same is impossible for people who are trying to lose it. Just eat less.

This. There are some shameless fat fucks who still gorge themselves in front of other people but they've entirely given up.

there are some genetic mutations that do make fat loss literally impossible however these mutations are exceptionally rare, just like there are mutations that make it impossible to gain fat

There are conditions that would make her LOOK fat, but legit fat only comes from excess calories.

Like X-Men? Because that's not physically possible.

waitwaitwait

i know there's a mutation that fucks up the muscle growth regulators and basically beefs up the person, although it's not without it's risks.

Now, literally impossible to lose fat sounds fucking impossible by itself. Elaborate or gtfo please.

I used to keep high calorie snacks around and hidden from my family, like caramelised cashews, wafers, noodles etc, and would eat 2 meals a day, snack at midnight.
Teebh it didn't help that my family was poor and unwilling to spend on filling foods. Jam sandwiches and spaghetti with tomato soup everyday wears real thin.

Medfag here. It is truly not possible. The variance between even individuals with abnormal metabolism is not so drastic as to cause your observation.

Blobmode is real though, but not to be confused with your average fatty.

Obviously u dont know shit son. You dont need a disease to have genes that influence your bf

i'll give you two mutations. MRAP2 and MC4R. MRAP2 encodes the melanocortin 2 receptor accessory protein 2 which interacts directly with melanocortin 4 receptors encoded by the MC4R gene. these receptors play a role in metabolic processes. mutations in either of these genes have been linked with severe, early onset obesity. the prevalence of these mutations is around 2-3% in severely obese people. here's a reference: press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/er.2006-0040

Just saying

Bullshit.

Calories in, calories out.

SJWs cannot overrule the laws of thermodynamics.

Is this a real question? Are you literally standing next to her inspecting and measuring everything she puts in her mouth for every second of every day?

People can literally inhale 1000 calories in under ten minutes these days.

What if one person's TDEE is 500 calories? They'll be fat even if they do not eat a lot

Someone elses's TDEE can be 5000 calories and they can eat a lot and never gain weight

Anybody that's fat and think it's genetics should try this fail-proof diet:

>only drink water (so no alcohol)
>plain or steamed vegetables. As much as you want. Pig out on 'em
>some fruits
>fish (plain, not fried, not with mayo or any bullshit)

But most fatties can't cope with it because it doesn't "taste good enough"

What if your mother is a whore and she gets plugged by all the guys around her?

What if you were a faggot and sucked 3000 dicks daily?

What if you killed yourself you fugging faggot?

Sure, but that's because of non exercise activity thermogenesis and not genetics. NEAT is incredibly overlooked when it comes to weight maintenance.

Yeah there is OP.
I'm a grill have an insulin resistance which is a symptom of polys cystic ovaries (basically harmone imbalance)
Even if I stay hungry all day, my body doesn't use my stored fat as energy so it's pretty hard to burn off and pretty easy to add when eating foods with decent sugar levels.
It's pretty shit, I'm loosing the weight pretty slowly, but at least it's going

>What if one person's TDEE is 500 calories? They'll be fat even if they do not eat a lot

They'll only be fat if they eat more than 500 calories a day.

NEAT? what's that?

>most fatties can't cope with it because it doesn't "taste good enough"
Holy fucking shit you just described my mom perfectly in one sentence.

I've done grocery shopping and cooking for her just to help her get in shape, but she can't grasp the idea that not every meal can be a feast.
She either eat junk food over the healthy food, or eat something unhealthy afterwards on top of it.

I've honestly given up on her.
>tfw

okay, and this mutation makes it IMPOSSIBLE or INTERFERES with fat loss?

Non exercise activity thermogenics

*genesis

Impossible. No matter how little they eat the people who suffer from mutations like that can literally not metabolise fat and everything they eat adds to their fat deposits. Those two are the most common mutations but they're still very rare. So if someone says they can't lose weight, I'd bet my phd that it's not because of those mutations

Maybe tell her to get her thyroid checked.
I just recently discovered mine was pretty underactive and i've been taking Synthroid for it for almost a month. I feel like i'm starting to gain some of my energy back that I had in college. It's worth having her go to a doctor and get her TSH levels checked.

>not being the deadlifting granny of DYEL humiliation

Well, naturally women maintain more body fat than men to help for child birth, and the preparations of body stretching around the belly and hips.
But I mean.. Tits. Tits man. Allll fat stores.

Girl that eats at a caloric deficit and works out, but is fat, in a year or two will be ok.

Girl that eats at a caloric surpluss and doesnt work out, but is thin, in a year or two will be a hambeast.

It isn't magic. It just takes time. This, assuming, of course, that they are not binging/puking calories.

>I thought losing weight was just calories in < calories out.
It is.
Retention and metabolism can make it look like their body isn't changing, but if they aren't losing weight over a long period of time, chances are they're snacking or binge eating while you aren't looking.

This is probably true OP. My mom is the same way: overweight, never seen to be eating, never finishes what little is on her plate, chooses salads and vegetables, and exercises to boot. If you look in her purse or under her car seat you'll see candy bar and fast food wrappers gallore.

It's called "closet eating" and it's of course an eating disorder.

how do you kno she doesn't eat a few snickers bars while riding her ike

or consumes extremely calorie dense mochafappanigger-late from starbucks

or 'treats' herself to a mcdonalds meal which is 1500kcal+ where she'ss hungry again within a couple hours

cops in australia are bros

kek

A genetic disposition to having shitty body characteristics that are enhanced by body fat exist.
>wide hips
>makes your 25% look like 30%
However no, there are not people who can not lose weight. just because it may be harder doesn't mean it's not possible.

It's easier to put weight on than it is to take it off for many people.
Sounds like she is insulin resistant and binge drinking/eating on rare occasions. An overload of sugar for an insulin resistant person will result in a spike of blood sugar that the body can't deal with in any other way than to store it as triglycerides (storage fats). Then, to lose that fat, she has got to either do some intense training or starve the body of sugar and burn the fat in the form of ketones. For the latter situation, that switch to ketones could take the body a week at least, which may not be the amount of time she is giving herself.

Eating less than 1k calories a day may also be slowing her metabolism. She should consult a doctor or at the very least check out a calculator to see what her caloric intake should be. She should also drop the protein powder and eat real food, as protein is difficult to digest and it doesn't seem like she is putting it to use for muscles. Your body digests carbs/fats with more efficiency, carbs being a poor choice should she be insulin resistant.

If you've ever lived with the stereotypical Asian you're referring to you will notice that while they do eat all that absolute garbage they eat it once a day, frequently skipping breakfast ± lunch and just binge in the evening with friends. That is how you explain skinny Asians with shit diets.

They don't break the laws of thermodynamics, neither do fatties with 'genetic' problems.

So do they just die from fat related diseases? Is there some magic pill that lets them burn fat? Or do they have to eat in perfect balance so no fat ever gets stored because it becomes permanent?
Explain in non-med fag jargon please

OP don't worry the laws of thermodynamics do not apply to women or fat people in general. Even if they do losing 10lbs did nothing to their figure it was the same fat distribution just less!! Its not like they didnt work out for 4 years and redistribute their muscle, weight, and have their body restructure itself to accomdate exercise, shape, and form!

Fuck reality!

cheers brah

I have a similar story.
>Girl in her early 20s.
>Mother is morbidly obese Italian who eats a shit ton
>Girl eats exactly like her mother. Can eat a bucket of KFC chicken in one sitting.
>continues to have an amazing petite hour glass shape without working out at all.

This will catch up to her one day.

Youth makes a big difference, you're more active without even really realising it. Probably walked to/around uni, clubbed and danced for hours on weekends etc. Once she sits at a desk, watches tv instead of dancing on weekends and continues the diet choices she's fucked

That's not good. Weight lost that quickly can we gained just as quickly.

Especially with physical activity. You have to find a way to cut her diet because those will be the lasting effects.

usually is shit attitude

They generally suffer from obesity related diseases. The conditions can be managed with medication. Diet and exercise also appear to have some effect but those people will never not be obese

This is spot on. And often it will be like one or two mochi and half a bubble tea, but it's looks like more in the aggregate. Meanwhile, lean chicken salad with 8 tbs of ranch dressing (600 calories of dressing alone) and OMG genetics.

unless you are home everyday, she can just not eat THAT day, also she can get up and eat at night when you are sleeping

That's not true whatsoever. Fat men exist too. You're just a misogynist, honestly.

Diet products marketed to women exist in abudance because women are socially conditioned to believe that they need to be small/thin, weak, dainty... women's clothing is designed to be skin-tight, so if her proportions aren't "perfect," she's going to be uncomfortable, self-conscious, and she'll have to find a new wardrobe. Men don't have the same problem because their clothing isn't designed to constantly remind them that they need to have perfect tiny fit bodies.

Storing fat in the hips is ideal. It's healthier and honestly looks better. As. As a chick who stores all of her fat on her abs and triceps, FML.

Generally no, this is an excuse used by overweight people to avoid the significant effort involved in losing weight. Of course, there are some conditions that make it more difficult to lose weight (eg hypothyroid, cushing's, etc), but difficult isn't the same as impossible.

To put it simply, when the body doesn't get enough energy from food, it breaks down energy stores (sugars and then fats) and then non-vital tissues in order to feed the vital organs and most importantly, the brain.
Thus, it is generally simple to lose weight by eating less than the body needs (maintenance level): it will then burn fat for energy.
Conditions like hypothyroidism lower BMR, ie they lower the amount of energy the body needs to survive (ie by lowering heart rate, lung function, muscle tone, activity level, etc). So while a healthy person may need 2000 calories per day, someone with hypothyroidism may need 1500, and someone with hyperthyroidism may need 2500 instead.
This doesn't change the fact that each of these people can lose weight by eating, say, 500 calories below that level. They just have to calculate it differently: to lose the same amount of weight in the same amount of time, the hypothyroidism sufferer would have to eat 1000 calories, and the healthy person 1500 calories. They're both eating 500 calories below maintenance, meaning that every day, the body will have to burn 500 calories worth of its energy stores in order to maintain normal function.

It's theoretically possible to disrupt this mechanism by either overriding normal hormonal control of lipolysis (eg maybe with a reverse agonist of the receptors that androgens use to increase it?) or by breaking the process itself (eg by blocking the enzymes) but I've never heard of this actually showing up in the clinic, and the only genetic mutations i know of that affect these processes are pretty much universally lethal.

that cop could take zyzz

My mother claimed she was gaining weight at 500 calories a day, and that I have the same problem as her and probably couldn't lose weight. After I ended up losing a lot of it, I asked my father about that statement. Basically, they make a lot of assumptions about things and don't read nutrition facts or don't understand whats actually fattening. She thought some cookies she made were really low in calories, but were actually 600 a pop.

Get her to measure things, look up calories for measurements, and whatnot. Though I'm willing to bet shes just lying.

The jury is not still out. The entire medical profession (let alone basic laws of physics) is very decided on the matter.

Hormones effect storage and distribution of fat, not the amount directly. What they do affect is your metabolism, but metabolic rate does not vary drastically between individuals aside from according to height.

This is because the greatest deciding factor of metabolism is size. Surprise, fat people have higher metabolisms.

>ate live cats and puppies
That is some SCP shit right there.

Why would they feed him that?

This guy was clearly a wendigo.