QTDDTOT

Dumbass question I know but here it goes:

What if I load up a Deadlift heavier then I can lift (say 250 kg) and I try my darndest to lift it. I do this every time I am at the gym.

Wouldn't I one day be able to pic it up? The exhaustion of trying to lift it , wouldn't it be pretty much my 100% RepMax? Or is it really the con/eccentric movement that is needed? How long do I have to try to lift it to be effective since I can't do reps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mS3PGKUiSco?t=5m9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends, how many scoopz you taking?

This is one of the quickest ways to tear a bicep, you may think you can handle that weight but your body has a different story to tell.

You'll get injured m8

Will I get strong enough to actually rip of a muscle without moving a weight? I gotta try this shit.

>Also what I envision:

youtu.be/mS3PGKUiSco?t=5m9s

Stop watching your autistic chinese cartoons, and go back to

Wouldn't this work, say, for an isolation movement? A deadlift got your legs ripping your arms, amiright?

Just don't do what OP is saying, you WILL fuck your shit up. A repmax isn't supposed to be something you can only lift while shitting yourself and bleeding and nearly killing yourself. Progress safely and slowly, it's your body m8

Assuming this would somehow build muscle, you've still only been training for the first 1% of the movement. So you get it an inch off the ground (most likely only one side) and then it falls back down because you don't have nearly the strength to actually deadlift it.

You're a retard.

If I can get it up 1 inch I need to increase the weight. It shouldn't be able to move at all.

starting my first bulk soon, 5'9" and 140 lbs @ 15% bf. i can hit my macro goals within the first 1600 calories (171 g carbs, 27 g fat, 165 g protein.) can i just eat whatever the fuck i want for the remaining ~800 calories?

Basically, yeah
IIFYM master race

Yeah. I track only protein and calories.

Didn't notice the 27g fat, dude bump that shit up. that's pathetic

What does high test actually mean? Like the defition of the phrase

1/2 cup of peanuts is 36 g fat, 17 g protein, and 420 calories.

This. More Fats in your diet, that should most likely make up the remainder of your calories.

Honestly, I just drink milk if I'm short on calories.

I find it bizarre that people have such a difficult time eating 2k+ calories in a day.

obese

Static contraction exercises, doesn't work for deadlifts but things like squats and leg press. Basically you just make sure your not locked out and supporting the weight on your skeletal system so your basically doing a snall fraction of a rep, you load as much weight as your can on it and increase by about 10% every week.

Makes you look autistic as fuck but it has helped me significantly improve my squat by doing it once a week with my normal routine which is essentially a dumbed down SS without cleans.

i mean im a skelly piece of shit now but i used to weigh 255 pounds. eating 2k cals/day is a cake walk. i could easily do 4k/day but i dont want to get fat again. my TDEE is 2200-2400 cals so im going to bulk at 2500-2700.

Well hello new friend

Have been lifting for 3 months, and my joints ache constantly (not just muscle soreness post workout). My form's good, I'm talking elbows due to biceps curling, shoulders after shoulder press etc..

a. What do? Rest until they stop then resume?
b. What could be the problem - mechanic or supplemental?

You shouldn't need supplements to have normal joints. There is a lot of support groups, tendons and ligaments, that need time to adjust. While your muscles might be able to move a certain amount of weight, early on your support groups may not. That would be my guess.

You might want to see a doctor though.

high testosterone. As in you have so much testosterone that any woman, even fat ugly ones, would give you a boner and you'd want to impregnate them. Think arnold and his maid.

So, you're saying I should keep lifting through it? Or maybe I should sustain my current weights until my body adjusts? I didn't think this was common for beginners.

Sorry i meant when reffering to women as high test? Or is it basically the same

IDK man, you should know better than anybody. If you are that worried about it, go see a doctor to be safe

I don't think anyone refers to a woman as high test. When someone says high test towards a woman, they're saying you have to be high test to want to fuck her.

GUYS

I feel like I'm cheating with my squats. I go atg but sometimes I feel like I'm using my upper back to lift the bar up when I'm coming up. Is this a thing? How do I fix it?

So I started counting my calories ye and I managed to lose 7 proper pounds in 10 days (all the apps say it should be 1 pound per week so I feel pretty good about that) but I have one question. So I made some rice ye and on it it said that 205g of it has 235 calories on it but that turned out to be a lot of fucking rice bruv.

My question is, do it still be 235 calories even if it's a lot of rice and it got big from the water? Cuz I barely finished half of it and I feel full as all hell so I'm thinking I done fucked up. Thanks in advance bruvs.

The calories on the rice package are for the uncooked rice. Since the only thing added during cooking is water, the calories should not increase like the rice does in size.

It's hard to imagine anybody getting full on 235 cals of rice. Your measurements are off somewhere

Thanks bruv. One more ye, can something increase in calories if it's cooked without anything being added to it? I'm english btw

stop talking like a faggot. You lost 7lbs in 10 days because you changed your diet and your body is adapting to it. It was mostly water weight. Happens to everyone who starts losing weight.

pertty shit b8. You have to be pretty retarded to not know the answer to that.

Why's that? It's what it says on the bag bruv

So what will happen next bruv?

There's a mini heatwave where I live and I lift in a conservatory like area with no A/C where it is hotter there than it is outside.
Will it hurt to wait until the weather cools down, rather than lift in 30+c heat?

chemistry and shit you can never be to certain about these sort of things

>will not lifting hurt rather than lifting?

Because that's the calories for around 1 cup of cooked rice. That's not a lot

has nothing to do with chemistry, you can be very certain about these sort of things.

>bulking @ 15%
You should be cutting

Shit nah bruv compared to some of the nonsense I had this morning this shit proper filled me up haha

Certify me please bruv

Every time I start moving up in weight on exercises that involve arm extension (bench press, tricep extension or dips, things like that) I get this weird pain in my left elbow.

I'm a DYEL guy starting out and it almost feels like a tendon or something is sliding side to side over a bone. On my bench press the other day, I went for my bodyweight for 5x5 and on my last set couldn't finish because of this pain.

Is this just a result of being unfit/skinny or do I have a genuine problem.

If you actually do it, which is really easy to check recording yourself, then lower the weight, it's too much

you cannot create energy from nothing, if anything it could only lose calories

chemical physicistician right there, thanks bruv u the man

Wait do I measure the rice after I cook it or before I cook it?

Nevermind it says on the packet you're supposed to measure it after you cook it. brb running dem bitches off, no wonder I felt so full ye

If I'm lifting while cutting should I be focused on strength training? Is it pointless to do hypertrophy (e.g. do a lift for 3x8 instead of 5x5) while cutting?

Measure the rice before you cook it. It doesn't matter how big the rice turns after you cook it, because 1 cup uncooked rice will always be consistently the same. Every grain of rice in the pot came from that 1 cup of uncooked rice, so the entire pot will still be the same caloric make-up.

lifting while cutting is all about muscle loss mitigation. Doesn't matter what type of routine you do, it won't give you the results you think it will, it'll just help you not lose muscle.

I feel you bruv but on the bag it says it's 235 calories per 205 g of rice and then bellow it it says 75g of uncooked rice turn roughly to 205g of the cooked rice which means I overate

thanks bruvs u was alright ye

You may have some cartilage issues. Get it checked out.

Help me out here Veeky Forums, this may be a stupid question though so feel free to call me out if it is. Let's say we had two people. Both wanted a caloric surplus. Person A consumes about 1800 calories a day and burns about 500 calories in an average work out. Person B consumes 2000 calories but does more at the gym, burning about 700 calories.

Would there be any appreciable difference in their gains? Pros/cons to either? Does it matter at all? All numbers here are hypothetical btw.

More you burn better gains
Though if you're eating unproportionaly more then you won't be cut/athsetic, just strong.

So if I was looking to get stronger, but wouldn't mind dropping a bit of fat along the way, it would be more efficient to do this by burning calories rather than restricting them? Not to imply I'm looking for an excuse to eat a shit ton of food, I'd still limit the intake I just want to prioritize strength.

Do I really have to spend 20 minutes a day stretching? Should I be doing it in the mornings after wake up or before or after a workout?

I should rephrase that.
Will it hurt my gains taking off a week or two here and there in the summer?

I have been cutting for over a year went from 240lb to 140 no exercise.
Had thundertights before always chaffing, but now my legs cant even touch eachother.
I know i was a fatfuck and that's the reason I had big legs, but now I have such tiny skelly legs I am ashamed of myself.

Wich excercises are better for legs and glute hyperthophy?
Will i have a harder time achieving my t-rex goal?
5'5'' 22yo fm

Is SL really a meme? Been thinking that I need to start a proper routine, plus it had that nice phone app. I just feel like working out only three days a week is too similar to those '7 MINUITE WORKOUTS GET HOT BY SUMMER' things.

Whenever I point my left foot downward I get a sharp burning pain in the ankle. Any idea what is causing this?

The right foot is totally fine but when I do leg press calf raises my left foot feels like it's on fire.

You'll have to do math.

Squats and RDLs a bit heavier. Lunges and Glute bridges for higher reps. That Should get you going.

3 weeks into SL and making decent progress (no gains) but I haven't seen any reliable progress pics online. So I'm thinking of switching as strength isn't my main priority. The AWR routine looks like it would build more muscle mass and still get linear gains. AWR routine:

Workout A

Squats
3x8-10
Bench Press
3x8-10
Rows
3x8-10 reps.

Workout B
Deadlifts
3x6-8 reps.
Pull-Ups (or Lat Pull-Downs)
3x8-10 reps.
Overhead Shoulder Press
3x8-10 reps.

I'm 90kg 6'1 man on my first cut. 2kcal per day sounds reasonable?

I run 4 times a week over 10km each session, should I add this to the calorie balance? I'd like to end the cut asap but I dont want to lose my noob gains.
What do?

Does anyone have the text/picture from marcus aurelius - meditations about getting up in the morning?
I saw it in a motivational thread.

hi Veeky Forums
So, I've been at 78 kg and 18% body fat for the past four years (175 cm, that's a tad heavy but I have a wide frame, non-lifters would sometimes compliment me on my physique when I was actually DYEL as fuck)
I decided that I want to get stronger (I don't care about appearance so I'm just eating the same things as before, fairly healthy and balanced anyway), so about a month ago I started working out; doing a bodyweight routine atm but I'll join a gym soon. I'm pushing myself fairly hard, training for strength (5 sets of 5 reps)

my question is:
My muscles are slightly bigger and harder, there have been decent improvements as far as exercise difficulty / rep count goes, but the change in both weight and body fat has been negligible (measured almost every day in the morning)
Is this normal?

welp, didn't mean to quote

On the end of September I will scale a mountain of more than 4000 meters. I'm a DYEL skeleton, but strength won't be a real problem, I figure, as I am a relatively experienced climber (indoors).
However, it's necessary that I work on my condition, as I'm not (yet) accustomed to this kind of strenuous physical labor.
For this reason, I set my mind on starting with jogging this week or the next, in order to improve my condition. However, it's also my goal to start getting fit, which makes me wonder, would it be better to, instead of focusing on running/condition until the end of next month, just start with a regular fitness workout, including running/condition.

I'm also interested in the fitness gear I should get, to be exact, the shoes. Would regular running shoes do the job if I start jogging now (I'm guessing trail-running), and will I still be able to use them later on when I decide going to the gym? Or should I get crossfit shoes immediately, and will I be able to use these both in and outdoors, also keeping in mind that I don't have much of a budget?

TIA, Veeky Forums

just fucking stick to SL until the weight on the bar gets heavy. you can fuck off to some other program then but doing 3x8-10 with the bar is going to give you 0 results.

Should my shoulders be sore after doing dips or am I doing them incorrectly?

Can someone explain to me why you need to eat to make gains, I understand you need protein to rebuild muscles, but what do carbs do for your gains?

Just got back from a 2 week surfing trip and can't complete my previous lifts, is this normal?

dips hit front delts hard as fuck so yes.

I just started lifting for the first time 3 months ago and I'm 60kg and 5'8". I've been eating more but I think that because of the lifting and increased activity that I'm doing, I haven't been gaining weight. I've actually been sitting right at 60kg for 3 months now.

My stats are improving every week. I know I'm skinny, but am I reducing potential strength gains by not eating a caloric surplus?

I'm not saying I refuse to eat a surplus, but I'm wondering if the 3 months of work I've done has really affected my progress that much?

You're wasting your time if youre not eating at a surplus. Unless you're overweight already

Your body will just use the protein for energy if you're not getting more than your TDEE. Also you need carbs for muscle glycogen (the storage form of carbohydrates). Glycogen is the primary fuel your muscles use for energy production; therefore, optimizing glycogen stores is important.

Have I really wasted my time though? As I said, I'm increasing my lifting stats every week. Therefore I'm getting stronger, right?

Is there legit no "appetite increasing pill"? Besides weed?

I feel like puking every time I wake up and eat. I've tried everything, chugging water makes me bloated and gross, forcing food makes me feel like garbage, waiting an hour hardly helps (I wake up at 8 and usually don't get hungry until 12.)

any tips on how to deal with ingrown toenail?

so fucking tender

Yesterday, after ~1 hr at the gym doing some intense lifting, I went to the restroom, but couldn't piss. A min later I was washing my hands and my bladder relaxed and I wet myself. Is this a problem? Am I sick or something? First time this has ever happened to me.

you could have been increasing your lifts per workout. In three months on a proper bulk, as a beginner, your lifts would have impressed you and you wouldn't be asking these questions.

No, you're not exactly getting stronger, its to do with you adapting to the exercise. look it up as I can't be asked to look up sources atm

Makes sense, thanks for the advice, lads.

No more half-assing the diet, then.

>chugging water
wut? Why not just eat calorie dense food?

that's really fucking odd

>need to bulk
>at the same time can't eat anything dairy and need to save money for a car

Hello? What do I do?

Like milk and cheese and stuff? Or "Whole grain bread"? Because I feel like ass and want to throw up every time I try. I can hardly get a piece of toast with nutella down, or a bowl of oatz.

Lads, what stretches or auxiliary lifts to help with butt wink ? Squatting a meager 160 lb but I would like to start improving this before I go further

chug oil

like peanut butter, ice cream, and fats/oils (butter)

>WHAT
>WHAT
>WHAT
>WHAT

Yo guys I heard that if you do more explosive movements in your exercises you get better results. Is this true?

More speed = more power amiright?

The returning eccentric motion should be slow though.

not necessarily true.

Yeah its all that about myoreps, how much effort, fatiguing your muscles yadayada.

You got this squared formula were the faster you do a motion the lesser time it takes, since it is time*force=energy you should get the same. But you exert a greater force, imagine throwing a ball far vs short.

Gotta go fast

pls respond

the size of your body is dictated by the amount you eat. Where that size goes is dictated by your activity.

Yes, but what surprises me is that I've gained quite a lot of muscular power and a little bit of muscular size (still shit compared to the average Veeky Forums poster, but whatever) while not losing a measurable amount of weight or fat.

Hey all I have transformed weird when I started lifting, I got from 83 kgs to 98, without changing my physique. My lifts hardly improved wtf is happening to me.