/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Sheiko circlejerk edition

Welcome to /plg/ where we all talk about how we love traps and occasionally discuss powerlifting. If you don't run Sheiko then fuck you.

Other urls found in this thread:

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/aba8e231-2672-49ec-a9fe-a8e415746f9f
strawpoll.de/8134gdb
youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA
youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8
youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently this dude worked with Boris Sheiko and actually taught him a lot of the training principles he incorporated into his program.

Not surprising though, he's fucking jacked!! haha

i really hope that you're the same person that's been posting this mike paton garbage for the past year or so because that would be the saddest thing ever

USA is so dreamy

When did this become prettier than this?

>not ordering pizza on your way home so it's almost there by the time you are

Srsly, it's time to start putting on the winter fat stores lad

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/aba8e231-2672-49ec-a9fe-a8e415746f9f

One more request, for good measure

strawpoll.de/8134gdb
strawpoll.de/8134gdb
strawpoll.de/8134gdb

Threadly reminders:

>If you're stalling, you could use more bench volume, and some high frequency squatting for a couple weeks
>Don't neglect your mobility work
>Post cuties

>5 hours ago
top kek

what's keeping you back?

>what's keeping you back
As in my deadlift?
A long time of just doing 1x3 a week and analysis paralysis

The deadlift is a simple fucking movement man. Find the most optimal technique for you either sumo or conventional, hammer away at hamstring and back hypertrophy while pulling 2 times a week.

Just had sex for the first time in a while. But I had a lot of trouble finishing and now I feel depressed.

Am I gay?

>

That means less than 600 you dolt

Errr meant it as an arrow lol.

If it's simple how do I fix my terrible conventional? My sumo actually looks pretty good at least..

No, dude. I have a hard time finishing too unless I really like the girl usually. The first 2-3 weeks I was dating my current girlfriend I couldn't cum at all.

10th for got kicked out of a bar last weekend for being too sloppy with a drunk sloot I didn't even take home

just nerves m8 it's all good

reposting because happy with how easy this was

Fuckin crushed bench today lads. Feel kinda like a superhero when I'm wearing my wraps, slanger, and belt.

All the normies must think I'm a big ol cheater.

>eating pizza unironically

Tbh I'm too cheap to do anything other than cook 95%+ of my meals myself.

It better be easy. You don't want a twink outdeadlifting you.

Proud of you. You're running a modified Spotoshot right? How long have you been doing it so far?

Haack is gon see you copping his style and get so fuckin mad Alex chil ur shit.

>hammer away at hamstring and back hypertrophy while pulling 2 times a week.
on a serious note, i've been considering this for a while. training Deadlift as 85-95% for 5-10 singles ONLY. doing this 2-3 times a week and then doing less specific variants for volume/hypertrophy work. something like

Monday
Comp. Deadlift 5x1 90%
Stiff-leg 3x10

Thursday
Comp. Deadlift 10x1 85%
Rack Pulls 3x3
Hypers
Leg curls

>how do I fix
there was an infographic that said something like if you can't get into this position, you can't deadlift properly.
also norse made a series of posts back in the day about loading your hamstrings and properly setting up so your hips won't shoot up but they'll be right on the mark to avoid power bleeding or something like that.

maybe someone has a screenshot, otherwise sorry for a waste of a post kek

>raining outside
>in bed
Maximum comfy rn lads

>That wink
CUTE

How much do you jerk off? 99% chance you have death grip. When I lost my virginity, had sex for 90 minutes, never came. Actually, never came with that girl at all, and we had sex pretty much every day for 60-90 minutes every time for 2 weeks straight. Didn't help that she wasn't all that great of a fuck either. Don't worry about it breh.

>modified

Bastardized is closer. Two weeks. Fucking loving bench again.

Actually loving all three lifts. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

Well you're making the movement into a two part lift where your erectors are taking the most of the force. Usually this happens because of a weak posterior chain and or core. My advice would be to add GHRs if you have a machine in your gym. 4 x 12 and add weight when nessecary. For back work I'd go for wide grip seated rows same rep scheme. As a barbell accessory I want you to take a reasonable weight, do a romanian deadlift where the weight is no more than 6 inches off the ground, pause it there for 3 seconds and finish the lift. 4 sets of 5 with a 2 count pause after doing your first deadlift movement. What it will do is fucking destroy your posterior chain and teach you proper tightness. People usually come out of form because of a few factors, but going back into a romanian deadlift should correct those whilst getting you the hypertrophy needed.

implying the slanger isn't cheating

he was like 20 feet away from me benching more than I squatted today, so that was cool. in the webm I look to the right before the rep to make sure he wasn't watching tho

Thanks for the tips. I'm just going to stick with sumo for now since my form with it actually looks decent, but I really should start doing romanian deads. I think I've been plagued by a shit posterior chain for a long time (well desu I have a shit everything).

So lemme get this straight, you can't deadlift 500 yet you rep 315 bench. Jesus fucking genetics.

>you can't deadlift 500 yet

Yeah no problem man. Just remember this as a rule of thumb for the future; everything that feels shitty to do because of strength or general lack of interest is usually an area where nuggets of improvement are to be had.

Oh my bad, thought you were one of the other posters. Team 310 bench 600 deadlift checking in. :\

That doesn't count on the internet

>310 bench 600 deadlift
are you lamar gant or something

>Thinking about how shit my bench is

youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

>Think how amazing my bench will be after S/B/D, the Dankest Memeprogram of all

youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ

short torso medium arms long legs. I train specifically for powerlifting though so my upper body is kinda just okay. 510 squat as well.

Holy fuck you must have some long arms. At my first meet I got 127.5/85/185 @ 74 bw and I thought that was bad.

I've been benching like crazy to try to fix it though and now I'm around 330/240/420.

(haven't maxed squat/DL in 2 months though so hopefully they're a bit higher by now..)

It's okay, m8. You could have my lifts.

nn /plg/ I hope you all have a good weekend.

calikid

check

your

fucking

email

NOW MOTHERFUCKER

nn plg

I hope you had a great thursday

I hope you have a great friday too!

ahh ok. I know of some memery that may be able to help your bench situation tho if you're willing to try hard

how long do you plan on running it? I think we are gonna do another /plg/ midwest meetup in January, so I'm tentatively planning on cutting the spotoshot 2.0 stuff about the end of december and figuring out a proper peak. but if you're ending it about the same time, it'll be interesting to see which version yields better progress, nomsayn?

My first meet was 380/250/496 @ 87
Keep in mind I had been only deadlifting for like 5 months total and benching for a long time. Just went 510/314/601 @ 92 for my first 400+ wilks after 10 months competing. I seeked out some of the best in the business though for my coaching and could give a fuck what my body looks like. 24% bf but hold it well :[.

Does this memery end in bolone lol? Cause i aint tryna die at 50

But how can I run sheiko if my max squat is 275?

>how long do you plan on running it?

Into the foreseeable future.

Look up wilks, if yours isnt over 350 i wouldnt run it.

No, it ends in -potoshot 2.0

Oh ok. Maybe nvm then

Ok now nn for real this time plg

>simple
Yeah in theory but I'm just worried about my back. gotten better but on sheiko you only dead once a week

You have one post to defend one of these training methods like your life depended on it. Other's try to rebut

>Candito
>Nuckols
>Westside
>Sheiko
>5/3/1
>Linear Progression
>Block Periodization
>On/Off Season

you gotta get bigger man. Unless youre glued to a weight class you need to fill out your frame accordingly. Deadlifting is much safer with a lot more muscle mass.

>Block Periodization
customization to a lifters individuals needs. Everything else is trash. Mine in cludes hypertrophy strength cutting and peaking phasing. Sheiko is essentially a god way of spreading out a lot of volume to reduce fatigue thats it.

>spreading out a lot of volume
doesn't the very first week have you squeezing in two squat sessions per day?

Wish I could stay to play devil's advocate but I gotta hit the sack.

nn plg

>Bare feet
Uggggnnnnnnggggggnnnnn

Lads Ive developed a foot fetish thing in the past few months. What is happening

you could squat 7 times a week and only do 7 reps just saying.

Sheiko includes block periodization....

>Sheiko

Provides high volume which is ideal for building muscle mass
Average intensity of 70% shown in soviet literature to be the most effective at developing strength
High amount of submaximal sets allows athlete to achieve technical perfection (more practice)
Relatively lower intensities aids in slowing down or preventing injuries
Workouts always slightly different, makes it more tolerable
It's Russian

alex doesn't want to fuck you

IN CASE IT WASN'T CLEAR, WE ARE DEBATING FOR INTERMEDIATE LIFTERS

touche, lad

>Average intensity of 70% shown in soviet literature to be the most effective at developing strength

but mike t says otherwise.. (pic related, yellow bands)

otherwise, great points. have you done it personally? what was your experience?

>tfw bench felt terrible today

weight felt heavy as fuck and it somehow felt like my joints were doing all the work, aching after every set

hey that's my build!

except I'm way weaker than you

There's literally nothing wrong with that ratio

Those things listed are not mutually exclusive

LADS lads lads I just did a couple of bodyweight reverse hypers with a swiss ball at home and I can air squat and bend down without pain

is this magic?

I am so fucking unbelievably happy and excited and hopeful

Was Mike T's chart based off only the working sets?

Sheiko has a 70% AVERAGE intensity, which includes the written in warm up sets. Most of the work you do is between 75-80% and goes up to 85% and sometimes 90% as you start your competition block

Were you having back spasms?

Likely finally worked your hamstrings a little bit, stopping the spasm. I do the same thing

>candito

Great program if you're an intermediate lifter and need to get your lifts up as quickly as possible. Almost no flaws as long as you get proper rest and nutrition, not the best program for benching and deadlifts but 11/10 for squats if you squat less than 3.5 plate

my SI joint is fucked and I hyperextended my lower back doing something stupid.

now I can squat and bend and touch my toes and run and dance and sing all without pain. I feel like a complete human bean again, just from like 3 minutes of doing diy reverse hypers

Yeah, sounds like you hyper extended your back and caused massive muscle spasm in your hamstrings. Keep doing those, good luck user

thanks friend!

Why isnt bulgarian method here?

This,it's hell but it works really well for squats.
Bench could use a lot more volume,okish for deads even with the almost non existant frequency.

It's definetly a meme program,on the paper it makes no sense and it shouldn't work but it does.

Anyone got experience with rehabbing a shoulder. Idfk if its my rotator or not but I can't pull worth shit, bad pain near any lockout. Pressing is fine tho, little discomfort benching or pressing overhead.

too much time spent on a chinese cartoons forum

I can vouch for most of the shit in this pic.

hey /plg/ bit of a retarded question but

I started texas method a couple of weeks ago and everything's been fine. I'm adjusting well to volume days etc but today on my intensity day for my squat I must have accidentally racked the weight on my traps slightly wrong because I lost control of the bar on my 4th rep and had to bail out. I reracked the weight and within a minute I did my 4th and 5th rep which I felt was easier than the first 3 as I had the weight resting well on my traps. my question is retarded but should I consider that a failure overall for the intensity day? I didn't fail repping the weight, just had the bar slip because I'd received it poorly and I could easily punch out the 4th and 5th reps with minimal recovery

And there's also this thing, illustrated by yours truly. Think of it as pushing your triceps into a flat surface, something like a door frame being the perfect option. And don't be afraid to lean in and really feel a stretch.

Having a lot of fun lifting again.

Cutting to twink mode "reset" my training.

Now I get to train like an intermediate again, set new rep and one rep max PRs...

I feel like a schoolboy again :)

Well shit, it looks like I actually have a training goal again. Gonna go do the strangest push/pull meet I've ever heard of later this year.

Terribly, but still.

>the strangest
What's strange about it? Is it hosted out of the back of a van or something?

Felt like shit today and fatigued from maxing out.
Even 2pl8 felt heavy but managed a beltless pr.

How's my form looking? I'm starting to get more comfortable with low bar and widened my stance.

>didn't wear shorts over my skins today no more bully pls

An older guy came up to me impressed with my form but he was also impressed by 3pl8 so idk whether to feel happy about that.

Strongman push/pull, so axle deadlift and log press.

It's also being hosted at a crossfit gym run by a former ironman competitor. Which is strange enough by itself.

>Everyone is excited about training
>tfw all I feel is pain in my back
>i just want to squat
>i just want to deadlift

Nice looking reps!

Lol... Sounds low pressure and fun. Hope it's run well.

It should be.

Now I just need to figure out how this whole 'log' contraption works. So awkward.

Do your rehab, and quit complaining.

Find another supplementary hobby in the meantime. Something productive. More schooling. Read more. Learn to woodwork. Learn an instrument. Something to distract you but still reward you positively.

What sheiko programs do i start with? 69" BW 205 S335 b245 dl405 (in freedoms)

How do I hip drive without doing a squat morning?

I don't feel pain during any of my lifts

what do I win magog

>Do your rehab, and quit complaining.
I am,nothing seems to work tho

Any of you lads ŵith back pain still here?
I've got a bulging disc(s) and I know how to rehab back pain effectively.

I could give generalised tips and pointers if you want them.

>lith it's just a simple movement
>just pick it up
>anyone have advice for bulging discs

I don't remember ever saying that to you. But the deadlift is pretty simple, you can fuck up your spine outside of lifting you know; car crashes are fun.

ripp made it up to fuck with beginners

don't trust that man

it's a trick it is

im all ears

Looks really good gj

>just realised my beltless PR is still 120kg

Wonder if it's worth trying to hit a beltless PR

Do you trace your squats too?

Lower or upper back pain?

Yeah I was just speaking to /plg/ in general

Checked.

lower

Your form is better than mine.

But you are squatting too deep. Just.

are you upset that your relationship with trappy is as FAKE as that drawing?

he's old bare in mind, the wr in his master's cat is probably 3pl8