How do you deal with loneliness, Veeky Forums?

How do you deal with loneliness, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/08/dangers_of_loneliness_social_isolation_is_deadlier_than_obesity.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I cause my own loneliness and I am okay with that

i talk to all of my best friends on Veeky Forums

>Shitposting on /pol/.
>Weightlifting.
>Cleaning your guns.
>Watching anime drunk and/or high.
I haven't had a gf since I graduated high school.

Play Rocket League

What are those blue things next to the TV?

Veeky Forums
lifting
autistic strategy games
work
I work in the beer industry, but turning to alcohol for solace would affect my gains.

anyone know of an app i can use to screenshot my text messages?

Veeky Forums is literally the only kind of human-interaction in my life

Outside of lifting and work?

Well, 12 level 100 characters on WoW keeps me busy. Will be even more busy with those next week when Legion launches, gotta get em all to 110!

I make threads just like this one on Veeky Forums

It doesn't work very well.

Nerf Gun bullets

I go for a walk with my wife and my dog.

shotgun casings

Do you ever feel some sort of despair seeing how much time you've wasted?

You should just sell the account. That's the only logical rationalization I can come to that would make you feel somewhat proactive.

Did they finally crack down on selling accounts? Is it still possible?

I believe you can screenshot by pressing volume down + power on android
Don't know about ios

keep going

On android and iOS alike, it's typically

lock screen button + home button

It's 2016, nobody buys WoW accounts. Even if I could sell it, why bother? I make 80k a year, have no debt, and have 6 figures in savings.

I am 28, been playing WoW on and off since 2005.

I've got myself into med school to fix loneliness, so now I get busy at least 10h a day, on a slow day. When I finally get to home, I'm either hungry or too tired to be thinking about it. If I do think about it, be it a cold day or a really slow one, I listen some music (Stephen Stills keeps me up some times), and pray a little and sleep if the sleep comes...

I am in Australia, buddy.

I still live at home in my parents place, never paid rent or bills. I don't even pay for internet.

you smile all the time

shine your teeth through meaningless

and sharpen them with lies

and whatevers goin down

will follow you around

>meet qt, exchange numbers
>send her a message
>seen

Fml

I literally never feel lonely.

And, no, I'm not a normie, I just feel best when alone.

Literally a man child that never grew up.

>Pray

what ? you have a fucking shredded body and you still feel lonely ?¡
god fucking christ you are all a bunch of ungratefull bastards. you literally dont deserve anything.

I prefer to be alone usually, but i just keep getting hit up to go out, drink etc.. seriously though , i prefer to be alone

that is weird for most normies isn't it?

Yep.

I'm such a manchild I even took the day off work today because I am cutting and feel tired and don't feel like going in.

if you're wondering i did go out, i did get drunk, and now they want to do it again tomorrow

guys/fit/ please help its friday and i just want to stay in and workout

if you are fit you are automatically a normie you dumb ass.

>lift
>shit post on fit about me feels
>wait for her to text me

>Thread about loneliness
>Has friends that invite you places
This thread isn't for you normie scum

>26
>military
>wake up
>work
>home
>lift
>lonely
>sleep

Probably going to neck myself before I hit 30.

what are you talking about if you are in this board it means that you have a fit body, a nice body i dunno some shredded abs or shit.
so dont act like you are special or some r9k shit.
here we ALL are normies . and if you still fill lonely it means that you are just an ungratefull piece of shit .
fit body cant be lonely, if you can't be lonely you can't be depressed.
so stop acting that way . fucking fake cunt.

what works for me is surrounding myself with other people in public, a crowded transit which you got a seat for to get comfy with or walking in a big mall. still manage to ignore everybody and look at 0 peoples eyes throughout the day and try to end any conversation with a "yea" over and over. being lonely isnt healthy, im not healthy mentally just too many problems. also manage to get through life for so long without social interaction by alot of self-pity and alot fantasy

Did we just become best friends?

i find myself feeling lonely, then i get invited by people i do want to hang out with, but while we are hanging out or whatever i begin to want to be alone or go home by myself because i dont want to be around people at all, its a strange cycle

i got a funny one coming your way :) this is kind of a funny one

we aren't really good friends or anything like that, i am just very social

but these guys dont even workout, they are skinny fags

im in denver btw, if you guys want to hang out im cool with that, i just want some cool people though

literally me

I'm happy this way.

My experience is, you don't. Its like asking how do you deal with thirst. You get something to drink thats how.

The Physiological affects of loneliness are detrimental to your gains once you reach a certain point. Long term they are even lethal.

feeling like sharing some laughs tonght Veeky Forums

You type like a fucking retard. First of all, the majority of this board doesn't even exercise. Second having a good body doesn't mean jack shit if you're bad at talking to people.
Why are you even in the thread? It's about loneliness and you come bragging about "I just want to be alone, but have friends that actively contact me I'm so weird xD"

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/08/dangers_of_loneliness_social_isolation_is_deadlier_than_obesity.html

I also experience the same, like I'm unable to connect with most people yet when I'm walking alone on the streets and look at groups of friends or couples enjoying themselves I feel very sad. It's also been happening lately a lot with this website, I just feel disconnected.

Has this some sort of fix/explanation or is it just another case of special snowflake syndrome?

hmm dieing doesnt sound to bad tbqh

Perhaps most astonishing, in a survey he conducted, doctors themselves confided that they provide better or more complete medical care to patients who have supportive families and are not socially isolated.
Living alone increases the risk of suicide for young and old alike.

Lonely individuals report higher levels of perceived stress even when exposed to the same stressors as non-lonely people, and even when they are relaxing.

The social interaction lonely people do have are not as positive as those of other people, hence the relationships they have do not buffer them from stress as relationships normally do.

Loneliness raises levels of circulating stress hormones and levels of blood pressure. It undermines regulation of the circulatory system so that the heart muscle works harder and the blood vessels are subject to damage by blood flow turbulence.

Loneliness destroys the quality and efficiency of sleep, so that it is less restorative, both physically and psychologically. They wake up more at night and spend less time in bed actually sleeping than do the nonlonely.

Loneliness, Cacioppo concludes, sets in motion a variety of "slowly unfolding pathophysiological processes." The net result is that the lonely experience higher levels of cumulative wear and tear.

In other words, we are built for social contact. There are serious—life-threatening—consequences when we don't get enough. We can't stay on track mentally. And we are compromised physically. Social skills are crucial for your health.

>There are serious—life-threatening
There are serious—life-threatening
>There are serious—life-threatening

>Social skills are crucial for your health.
Social skills are crucial for your health.
>Social skills are crucial for your health.

>we aren't really good friends or anything like that, i am just very social

Really?? What is wrong with you..

how do i deal with mires from women if i have never actually been mired in my life, idk what to do i just sperg out pls someoen help

No one cares about your group chat, flake

I lift, I read about places I dream of going to and never will.

Jack it to "her."

Write novellas and publish them to the Internets.

Wish a grill would smile at me as I hold the door. Or at least say "thank you" instead of cordial grunt.

Sleep, rinse, repeat.

bro im from denver too you wanna hang out, maybe lift and jerk off together a bit? nothing gay of course.

>Write novellas and publish them to the Internets.
link?

:) Not a faggot so move along

Why is "her" in quotes? Is it a tranny?

same. you still up?

start living your life for a higher purpose. help those around you and less fortunate than yourself. mentor someone younger than you. do something selfless.

Batteries for his wireless controller.

but what if you want to be alone? why is that such a negative thing in society? i go out on occasion, but man i love being by myself in my own space, sounds a little selfish right?

Nyet. Keeping that part of my life out of Veeky Forums.

Hello "newfriend."

>roommates are pretty much always home and annoying as fuck at the very best

I wish I was lonely desu

noone ever says it but it makes me happy when i see alot of people in similar situations as i am on Veeky Forums

Yeah, at least in this we are not alone

Same here, i enjoy the occasional night out, but being alone is awesome

It doesn't make me happy, but it just makes me wonder what we all have in common that lead us to being like this.

I don't know where to even begin looking at why my life ended up like this. The rest of my siblings turned out to be super-out-going normies with lots of popularity and status and are essentially socialites.

I've been lonely for so long that it seems like the normal state of things, the idea of friends is weird

Any hobbies? I'm in a out near the mountains here and there's so much to do, it doesn't make sense not to go outside occasionally

what part of denver you in? what you do for hobby senpai

>He doesn't pray
Not taking the bread pill senpai?

>mfw im so fucking delusional that i actually believe a girl would get to know me like this "you don't have have any friends user? you're afraid of people touching and getting close to you? thats so cute lol"

its just so easy im literally a ground fruit, anybody could pick me up and befriend me and i would do anything in the world to keep them as a friend, but normies are so drastic towards loners and sadness

so what. it isn't that bad

stop the negativity in your mind, and everything will be alright

squat and oats you sick fuck

>squat and oats

nobody says that anymore, get with the times

Tampons

>stop the negativity in your mind, and everything will be alright

dont you understand how hard that is?

that is half my entire brain, half of it is negativity, how can i kill half my brain? the negative brain that i developed over years to think like this how easy do you think that is?

I lost my mind and can no longer distinguish between reality and fiction.

You might just need some help, is there some type of chat program we can talk on? If you;re really down in the dumps etc.. you just need to talk man, thats all

squats and oats

>find my perfect dream guy
>can't get interested
I'm just so tired of putting effort and working hard only to fail

old meme but it checks out

>i actually believe a girl would get to know me like this "you don't have have any friends user? you're afraid of people touching and getting close to you? thats so cute lol"

Mfw I was a teenager and wished I could meet someone like that.

I very much enjoy being alone, but also anyone I want to hang out with lives out of state/country.

I do notice as I get older that I start feeling weird that I don't have any friends that aren't guys. Not because I'm "XD not like other girls" but because I don't know how to talk to other women.

I honestly don't know how I've dealt with it.

I'm 24 years old and I'm a kissless virgin. I haven't had any real friends since I was 13. I went through college without friends and never even tried to meet people. I literally have zero memories of doing anything in my life ever with friends, when normal people have these memories every weekend, hell most nights during the week.

Time passes by so quickly for me. You would think that a lonely person, time would go really slow. My job is boring but it still flies by. But I get home from work at 6 and even though I don't do anything but stay at home, before I know it it's 11 PM. On the weekends I'm literally a shut in and yet the time still flies by even doing nothing. Next thing I know, another week or month has gone by.

Some people have said this is because since everything in my life is the same, the memories all blend together which is why they seem so fast.

And the worst thing is, I literally don't even care about trying to socialize. I'm pretty misanthropic and get really annoyed by people easily. But I'm basically afraid to try because I have no friends and no experience and have nothing to ever share. I eat separately from my coworkers and I barely even talk to them. When roommates in college invited me out I would always accept but would just stay in a corner and barely talk. I should try Tinder but I'm very ugly, have no friends, and literally just don't care about that effort. I live with my parents but I barely interact with them because they are both huge assholes with no friends themselves, and I'm an only child. The extent of my socializing is sexting with girls from Reddit after they see my videos of my huge dick that I post on there.

I'm completely miserable but I don't care. I dunno Veeky Forums. I feel like I'm so far gone that even if I did try to get help, all the wasted years to this point and everything I've missed out on would just make this worthless.

:) true bro true

why are you following me :/

>good job, fit, and hobbies
go to r9k if you want manchildren you sperg

What the FUCK?
Ive been doing it with that quickmemo bullshit this whole time and it always fucking glitches as well. Thank you so much for this.
Man today is a good day.

There is never perfect

i get another gf..

I'm in Utah, neighbor, let me know if you ever head west.

I hear you senpai. I remember reading something else you wrote.

I'm not quite at your powerlevel, but be glad you don't care. It's worse to want to and be unable. Or like me, to have friends and watch them disappear through failed friendship, marriage, jobs, etc.

You're wrong about it being worthless because you've already wasted a lot of time.

>Even if you're going to live 3000 more years, or ten times that, remember: you cannot lose another life than the one you're living now, or live another one than the one you're losing. The longest amounts to the same as the shortest. The present is the same for everyone; its loss is the same for everyone; and it should be clear that a brief instant is all that is lost. For you can't lose either the past or the future; how could you lose what you don't have?

>mfw come to the realization I've reached a stage in my life where people my age are married and have(ing) kids and I haven't even come close to having a gf

I don't want to be alone. I haven't been happy in years. I've been trying to improve myself to seem more interesting to people. I only find refuge in books now.

Getting so lonely that I am considering hitting up the ex.

I think we might be doppelgangers I get called the flake in my group too I just like being autismo and lifting by myself lol; do your friends constantly critique your workouts and form and are clearly envious of your progress while they all just get more fat?

What should I do user? Should i man up and work to make him want me? I'm so tired of dating I just want to get married

I am 28, going on 29 and I know exactly how you feel.

I can't offer any advice, our situation is exactly the same.

But the weird thing is I do care. Like, I don't care about socializing or trying to socialize because I've never had success in the past so why bother.

But I really do care about being a complete shut in, no friends, kissless virgin no girlfriend, etc. I guess the problem is that I don't care about putting in the effort to stop this.

It appears you are the "newfriend". The tranny stole those pics from facebook. It's a real girl.

:) i;m the fat guy btw

They dont work out either, how shall i say they're all skinny as fuck, mostly because we used to hike in evergreen colorado quite often, im the fat one though

sorry to spoil Veeky Forums night.