QTDDTOT

Both of my shoulders are aching and cracking something fierce. I went to PT and have introduced stretches to minimal results. I think my best course of action is to take a break from lifting for some time to let my shoulders heal and relax.

So, what's the best way to take a break? For how long, and what can I do in the meantime? Body weight routines? Stretching? Cardio? I'd rather not sit on my ass the whole time.

Other urls found in this thread:

ironmind.com/product-info/grip-strength-training-tools/captains-of-crush-grippers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Roll out your muscles a few times a week, I had the same problem and rolling out my muscles with a baseball and foam roller was painful, but released the muscles around my shoulder.

Is the zero calorie version of this a good replacement for water if you don't like the blandness of water?

It's fine but you should still learn to appreciate water. If you only drink flavored stuff you'll be more tempted by sugary drinks when the lore cal options aren't available

I'm missing my right big toe, should I do squats with weightlifting shoes or should I do them barefoot like I usually do?
Not actually barefoot, though, I'll have my socks on.

Sometimes my gym gets a bit humid which makes the barbells just barally moist, which is fine but it makes deadlifting heavy weight absolutely impossible as far as grip. Is this what people buy gloves for, or should I smuggle in chalk, or any other protips? When it isn't slippery, I can handle the weight, my back is fine.

posted this somewhere else but
I'm very prone to horrible acne. Although it has been getting better. Is it possible whey/creatine would make me breakout worse? I heard whey has dairy, I don't think dairy makes me breakout I've always had cereal. would whey have more dairy than a bowl of cereal? specifically bodyfortress cheap shit.

Also, how do these accessories look?
Could I replace my reverse grip bench press with floor press, or would that conflict with the dips on Wednesday?
Mostly interested in strongman and oly training, but I'd like to build a good base first.

Day A/Monday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets
3x12 rear lateral (will be band facepulls when I order some)
30+ total chins

Day B/Wednesday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets

3xamrap Chest dips
2x8-12 Kelso Shrugs
2x Curl bar carries

Day C/Friday

3x12 rear laterals (will be band facepulls when I order some)
2-3x chins
2x overhead KB carry

Shoulder dislocations with a broom stick and band pull aparts will fix you up. Do some pull ups too. You don't need to take anytime off for this, just continue training as normal while taking steps to fix your shoulders.

So, its just to improve resistance to temptation?

I disagree, I think I'd be tempted more into sugar drinks if all I drank was water. Also, my will power is insanely strong, I don't give into temptation easily.

Just buy liquid chalk m8, works great and doesn't stain the equipment.

is this good for a novice? aiming for hypertrophy

Monday (Push)
>5x5 - Flat Bench Press
>4x8 - Push Press
>4x8 - Over Head Tricep Extenstion
>3x15 - Arnold Press

Tuesday (Pull)
>5x5 - Weighted Chin-Ups
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Straight Barbell Curls
>3x15 - DB Rear Flies

Wednesday (Legs)
>5x5 - Back Squat
>4x8 - Sumo Deadlifts
>4x8 - Calf Raises

Friday (Upper)
>5x5 - Strict Press
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Bench Press (BB or DB, your choice)
>4x8* - Chin-ups or Barbell Rows (you decide)
>3x10 - DB Hammer Curls
>3x10 - Over Head Tricep Extensions

Saturday (Lower)
>5x3 - Conventional Deadlift
>6x6 - Squats
>3x10 - Stiff-leg Deadlifts (or Leg Curls if you're too tired)
>4x8 - Calf Raises (any variation

just drink tap water you incredible autist

no

do ss or greyskull. read the sticky.

Use chalk, don't get gloves.

You'll probably be fine. Try it out.

what is this, these are just your accessories right? What's your whole routine and stats?

Anyone have any experience lifting with hypermobility? I've only been able to lift sporadically because of it.

What I'm seeing on it looks solid. I'll get some then. Thanks.

That's a lot of volume and accessories for a novice with strange rep and set ranges. Do a basic barbell routine to start with, add in extra shit later once you're stronger and know how to lift, then you can add in extra volume for hypertrophy for better results.

already did greyskull for 2 months

Unfortunately, I've already been using a foam roller and a lacrosse ball.

Did you use a particular foam roller program or guide?

I'm 5'9 and 166lbs, is 155 a good place to start bulking, or should I go lower? I've been lifting for 2 months.

I met a girl that did that pose and started pissing all over herself after we had sex. Fucking hell. I was not that drunk to engage on that shit.

what is your end goal?

Overall or weight wise?

best pure upper body strength workouts? I'm not going for aesthetic yet, just want to build strength and stop being a twig.

your weight doesnt matter, what are your goals you hope to achieve through lifting?

Aesthetics primarily. I know it's a meme to want both aesthetics and strength, but some combination with a focus on aesthetics I suppose.

bulk now, skeletor. don't use bulking as an excuse to eat everything under the sun, eat at a reasonable surplus and gain weight at a slow pace, increasing calories when lifts stall. going from skinny fat to just skinny won't help much.

greyskull lp + frequency method (aka light push-ups and chin-ups everyday) + eat a lot more

whey IS dairy. Take a zinc supplement for a week, see how that affects acne, then work whey into routine.

Just the accessories. Didn't want to make it too long so I just put them down.

A/C
2x5 1x5+ press/RGBP 115/160lbs
2x5 1x5+ Back squat 220
2x5 1x5+ Pendlay row 145 (Tried a few other rowing variations before this, never really progressed with them until now.)

C
2x5 1x5+ press/RGBP
1x5 Deadlift 315

I can do 10 chins in a set with decent form if I do them fresh, right now I'd like to get 10 a set later on, then start doing them weighted for 2x6-8. The reverse grip benching is easy on my shoulder with a torn labrum, and the kelso shrugs feel great.

I force vomit everything I eat
I still don't lose weight

How come?

hot

Whatever works for you.

Addendum, but if you need help with that acne, go with the Acne.Org regimen. I've had acne nonstop for years, never entirely getting rid of it, until I used that program. It's a godsend.

Just use Cetaphil (or Cerave, I've heard it's just as good) gentle cleanser and moisturizer instead of paying for the Acne.org brand. You'll save a good deal.

Yeah I figured.
Getting to 3pl8 squat was one of the harder things to do for me and now it's like I have to start over.
Looks like I'll get to do it twice

I feel like if I bulk now, I'm still going to have a lot of excess fat.

So I wasn't able to go for my hour-long run today because I was busy, should I go for two hours tomorrow to compensate or is it not worth it?

Don't worry about it.
If you're on a cut or something though, just walk that extra mile tomorrow.

Does traditional benching hurt your shoulder? Increasing your press is going to strengthen your shoulder, and make you able to bench despite the torn labrum. How does the tear affect your shoulder mobility? That's important for oly lifting.

If you want to get into strongman, start implementing strongman training into your routine. Farmer's walks, axle bar deadlifts, keg tosses, that sort of thing. If you want to do oly, add some cleans and snatches into the mix.

Your main routine isn't terrible, though your accessories do confuse me. Replace the accessories with the movements I mentioned above, but keep the chins and band pull aparts. Power cleans and snatches make great accessories as do axle bar lifts.

Your squat is kind of far behind your deadlift, you can increase the frequency on that to 3x a week to help catch it up. When the squat gets heavy, you can front squat 1x per week. If you really want to do your own programming, read Practical Programming for Strength Training.

You look flabby now because you're not carrying much muscle mass. You'll look much better at 180 with more muscle mass than you do now, or than you would at 155. Muscle is harder to build than fat is to lose.

I've made decent noob gains so far, and have a good base, but the fat I have needs to go.

Q: so I'm pretty hung mostly a show-er not so much a grower...but the problem is whenever I shower at the gym
(which is every day now since the only time i have available to workout is before work)

everyone thinks I'm rocking a chubb.

>got reported today.....had to explain the the gym manager...that that's just "how it is"
>spent about an hour trying to explain/convince HER i wasn't just bragging
>no i didn't show her

Creative solutions? other than tucking it in or showering in a swimsuit and changing in the stalls like a fucking beta bitch?

(I've been trying the towel round the waist change trick, but apparently it's not working)

What's the most alpha fetish/kink?

If you have a big dong then it should hang accordingly. No one else has this problem. Bigger = more weight. I call bullshit.

If you're so sure you have a good base, post pics. Telling us that you weigh 165 at 5"9' with no context tells us you're not very big. Hard to give advice without context.

I'm calling bullshit but on the off chance this isn't bullshit, you should give exactly zero fucks and go about your life. if they ban you, they ban you. fuck them. but bullshit.

Pressing in front of me with a prone grip really upsets the area.
For oly lifting mobility, I messed around with the snatch, and the injured shoulder wasn't happy, but I feel like i'll be able to play around with it later on when my back and shoulders are in better condition. PCs don't for the most part.
I don't have access to much equipment, which is why I have the EZ bar carries, which are the best loaded carry I can do right now.
I'll check into adding some cleans and focus more on the movements.

What would you recommend?

Well Look I'm not Gonna sit here and talk bout dick science.

I mean i guess i shouldn't care, but in reality there are plenty of other gym options if i really need it.

Guess I'm changing in the toilet stall.

I'm cutting at less than BMR. Is that okay? I feel okay.

Any ways to help out increasing DL weight? I'm plateu'd at 275 I'm not sure what to do.

was benching about 3 hours ago and missed the rack, ended up dropping lmao1.5 plate on my head. didn't/doesn't hurt at all, but now i'm dizzy. there's no bump or any bruising. i've never had a concussion or any head injury before, i should be fine right?

Every time I do rows my elbow always crack at full extension. Maybe once or twice a set. How do I stop this?

If there's no pain, you're probably okay. Just take things easy until the dizziness goes away. When I got a concussion it felt like the inside of my skull was bruised.

thanks user

Having stronger shoulders will help ease the pain. As long as pain is minor, it's ok to train through it. I've gotten some shoulder injuries that I never bothered to see a doctor for and have made recoveries while continuing training.

Do you have access to dumbbells? Are you in a home gym? Rogue has some economical options for farmers walks that are basically straps you can load plates into, but dumbbells work well too.

Put focus on your squats and dead. Your deadlift is alright if you haven't been training long, but you need to get your squat up a lot. Don't add any accessories on them until linear progress ends.

I'd stick with a basic routine like greyskull or SS to get your main lifts up, then use chins and cleans as accessories. If you can get your hands on some strongman stuff, train them on the weekends. So if you train Monday, Wednesday, Friday, train strongman/conditioning on Saturday.

I usually use bands and shoulder dislocations as a way to get my shoulders warmed up before i workout, try working on those to help get your shoulder back into good condition.

What's your programming like for deadlifts?

Assuming it's fine, then reset the weight by 10% and eat more.

I'm on a closed campus, the gym here isn't great.
I have access to dumbbells up to 65lbs.

Thanks for your help man.

Next time you bench, make sure your elbows are locked before you rack the bar, and when you do rack the bar, hit the uprights. Don't gingerly put the bar in the rack. Next time you might drop the bar on your teeth, and that's no good.

Is creatine really as effective as people claim it to be?

It works, but don't expect any miracles.
It's highly recommended because it actually works, unlike the majority of supplements you see on the market.

good tip, thanks

It's the one supplement everyone pretty much agrees that it's good. But like said it's not like rocket fuel, but it's dirt cheap.

How do muscle work?

So you Eat more and exercise but how does that make muscles

Re: single hand curls
I have this habit of holding my breath when i lift. Its not even the heaviest thing but i just do it, and more so the more the burn comes on.

>whats the proper way to breathe while lifting?
also,
>what speed should i lift at?
i might be going a bit fast. Its not the heaviest weight, which brings me to the next question:
>how many reps should i be able to do with a weight before adding it to my routine?
im not looking to max out what i can do 5 reps with, but i want a guideline of when to move up.

Hey Veeky Forums!

I just realised that I have some sort of mobility problem not really covered by the sticky. My lower body is stiff as fuck (probably hamstrings but not sure). I can't even do a body weigh good morning because my hips can't flex enough, so my lower back bends instead. And It's like all hell breaks loose in the back of my knees and my thighs (hence why I think it's the hamstrings). Likewise, I can't perform L sits or leg raises with good form because when my hips are flexed, I just can't get my legs straight.

Anyone have a solution for this? It's starting to be a problem for leg days because my deadlift and my squat sucks...

Thanks!

I drink a shit load on milk, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, no problems ever eating any dairy products. Got some ON gold standard whey and God damn, It comes out as quick as it went in.

I bought a 5lb tub and don't want it to go to waste so what can i do? Would putting it in oatmeal or drinking my shake after a meal fix this?

Also does this mean I have nigger genes in me?

I started SS but about 4 months in I decided I should be cutting first

Whats better for avoiding losing muscle - trying to increase weight anyway when I can or just keeping up the lifts I had gotten to until I'm done?

If the volume is otherwise consistant, up the weights wherever possible. You can make gains and lose weight simultaniously, the magic of noob gains.

Just eat 300 under Tdee, unless you're turbo fat, in which case 500 under and more cardio. Try the cutting version of ICF 5x5

If you're doing something like heavy dl's for low rep then holding you breath is fine, some claim it gives you more power due to it bracing your core more. But generally for most lifts inhale on the concentric exhale on the eccentric part of the movement

A while ago I read a thread where some user mentioned something about a company who gives out diplomas for people who could completely close their grip strengtheners, but unfortunately I have forgotten the name of this company, so if anyone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd be very happy

Captains of Crush by IronMind

ironmind.com/product-info/grip-strength-training-tools/captains-of-crush-grippers/

back out which hole

How much of that "starvation makes you fat" mantra is actually legit?

I decided that I've been getting too fat so I put myself on a diet. At the end of the day it's pretty scarce; fruit, black coffee, water for breakfast plus a powerbar if I'm still a bit peckish, black coffee and peanut butter sporadically through my day (typically 14+ hours on my feet at a hospital) as needed, dinner is usually a light meal of some kind of protein and vegetable.

I don't really feel hunger pangs through the day, but occasionally I'll get deep cravings for the garbage I was shoveling into my body. People have been noticing my losses already, and a landwhale that I work with was quick to admonish me for the dangers of a "starvation" diet.

Now, I know with this setup that my caloric intake is way in the hole. I feel fine after a month of this though, and I'm not one to argue with results. I still go out to dinner occasionally but I don't feel any need to gorge myself or smash into a wall of fastfood again.

Am I really going to balloon back up again with no warning due to a sudden slowing of my metabolism? Would an ECA stack prevent this?

Pic related, what I used to do before I got out and got fat

What is the functional purpose of a strong core in regards to running and mobility (climbing, jumping, crawling and etc)

>want to lift everyday
>people tell me no
>decide to lift every other day
>lose motivation to actually go

Can I just do my SL daily?

it's no meme that your body, particularly at the beginning, needs a day of rest between each session to let your muscles recover and rebuild

If you want to do a 5-day split where none of the same muscles are worked two days in a row, feel free. But if you're losing motivation to go now just wait.

Thanks user

I was thinking of adding curls to StrongLifts 5x5 at the end of both A and B days. But would this not leave my arms enough time to recover? (Still taking rest days in between of course.)

My buttocks

That picture makes me diamonds every time.
Please tell me there is more

Listen m8, I dropped 80 pounds by starving myself. Anyone who tells you depriving yourself of energy doesn't reduce fat is giving you a line of bullshit.

That being said, it does drastically slow down your metabolism. So if you decide to binge, you're gonna gain a few extra pounds back. But once you stop you show go back to normal

Will I lose gains if I stop taking creatine? Need to know

Is it safe to lift heavy a day after having my wisdom teeth yanked? I read something about "avoiding strenuous exercise" but idk. Most of the swelling has gone down and I'm getting antsy.

Friend gave me about 2lbs of protein powder he had lying around because it expires next month, is it okay to use?

That's fine as long as it didn't get wet or something. Look inside and see if it's clumped up. The powder will only go bad if bacteria start to grow in it, and in order to grow bacteria need water and heat. If it's not been put in an environment rich in those things it's okay for many months after that date.

>it expires next month
I don't know, what do you think

I asked in the last thread but got no answers. What's a good soy protein powder?

Pls answer this sum1

Pls respond

It is until next month.

Best sources and outlines of an ECA stack?

Pls respond

The problem with crash diet is that you damage your metabolism so much that you can't eat normal quantities for month after. You won't be able to eat normal quantities, or what you would expect your TDEE to be, for maybe a year or so (depending how long is the diet in the first place obviously).
Remember, slow and steady wins the race...
Evaluate your TDEE, eat this amount of calories less 500. With around 130g of proteins per day (1g per pound of lean body mass) to prevent muscle loss. Complex carbs to avoid fogginess.
Yes, it's long. But consider the time it took you to pack your extra fat... And that way you won't damage your metabolism.

Yes, all your gains will disappear over night and you will go Auschwitz tier in 3 days.

Don't confuse gains and muscle volume. Since creatine increase water retention in muscle, you'll probably loose that water. But if you call that "gains"...

Bump please. Anyone with experience on that, or advice?

Don't joke about that user, my grandfather stopped taking creatine and he got sent to the ovens by mistake.

can anyone share their possible experiences with BCP 157? I have tendonitis and im considering it.

doctors in the netherlands are pussies and im scared that when i go to them again hell just tell me to "rest it" (after 3 years of suffering and 5 months of rest).

i want out. I want it to be over. i want to start living my life again.