On a journey to become a normie...

On a journey to become a normie. Veeky Forums can we come together on how to become a normie with minimal social presence online?

I just want to limit myself to a website or two, fuck the general negativity and the memes. What is a good unbiased (lol) news source? Can the Reuters be trusted? any helpful advice welcome

I literally went to this site for the first time in like a month. Just gonna reply to this thread. Stop going on this shitty board, don't know why I clicked on here

Try reddit.

ye Veeky Forums is close to my heart and although toxic itll be the last one to go

people who delude themselves thinking Veeky Forums is any worse off or better off than reddit are wrong. I want to cut off ties with any online community unless it helps me educate myself. Again the no memes part was self explanatory i think.

>What is a good unbiased (lol) news source?
/pol/ :^)

set up your own RSS feed

If you want to be a happy go lucky normie, stop reading the news. And stop coming to Veeky Forums while you're at it.

if you wanna be a normie just read liberal news sources

seriously this.

So HuffPost?

News is gutter trash, you simply don't need it.

If something important happens, your friends, parents, coworkers, whatever will tell you.

Since we're discussing normieworld: Facebook is an excellent platform for planning things and meeting up with people and sharing the occasional photo. Never, ever share articles of any kind. No one reads beyond the headline and you're just adding spam to a shit platform.

I have several running FB chats with friend circles. "Night swimming club" is the most active one, we usually use it to announce one of us is going to the lake and get 3-10 others to join for the night. (in NH we swim at lakes and night = all to ourselves. It's quite relaxing.)

Be positive. Be friendly. Work on yourself. Take care of yourself and your friends. Or as my friend likes to say, "smile eyes build butt"

Yea this i figured. It adds nothing but more stress and pessimist views, although it would be nice to be abreast of the current issues. Im thinking of getting my news from the local newspaper again. I loved reading them when i was younger.

I aready dont use FB much and i havent made an effort to make friends in a very long time.

but that needs changing of course. I was so used to being popular in middle and high school that i didnt need to make an effort consciously

HuffPo is a glorified blog

any good alternativeS?

BBC

and I don't mean big black cock

Relatively Unbiased

i asked for an unbiased source.

fcuk it

I think I'm actually gonna try to be a normie instead of just wallowing in my own self-pitty.

I moved back to school to finish my degree after dropping out 3 yrs ago and for the 2 months I've been here all I've done is lurk Veeky Forums, lift, school stuff, smoke weed, and watch netflix. Although I'm doing well in school, I'm bored out of my mind and very lonely, and I feel like holing myself up in my apartment all day/night is doing harm

The whole point of coming back was to try and prove to myself that I could finish what I started, not just academically but socially as well. While in the process of dropping out, and afterwards, I was pretty depressed and cut contact with all the friends I had made, mostly out of shame. Now that I'm back, all those friends have graduated and left school and I have to start over again, which is pretty scary desu. There was nobody in town this summer so I didn't even try, but now that the semester started there's people everywhere and there's really no excuse not to

Veeky Forums is too much of a distraction when you're bored, it's so entertaining and fast-paced it's easy to get sucked in and waste hours a day just browsing and shitposting. When youre bored you should want to go outside and do something, instead you just check out another board until enough time has passed for new content to pop up on whatever board you were just on, and that justt repeats forever. Following sports, the news, browsing Facebook/Twitter are the same thing but to a lesser scale

I feel like I need to force myself to take time away from these things to focus on and put energy into things that are actually going on immediately around me. You just get so invested in all these things that might be "real" but not necessarily a part of your own "reality" if that makes any sense

Tonight I got up the courage to walk around Greek row for 20min while smoking a couple cigs and I feel like it was a good small step. Maybe this weekend I'll hit up a bar

There's no such thing as an unbiased source. Best you'll get is one that tries to be aware of and correct for its biases.

Why would you want to be a normie when you can use your autism powers to become the envy and inspiration of normies?