Yoga for fitness and weight loss

I started doing yoga three times a day for a total of two hours a day to lose weight. I feel that posting my actions on fit will keep me encouraged to keep my routine going. I want to lose a lot of weight and develop a nice body in the process. Thanks fit.

there are like so many more effective ways for losing weight than yoga.

I'm really overweight so I don't want to damage my body

>doing yoga to lose weight
>I want to lose a lot of weight
Ask me how I know you're not going to make it.

inb4 "yoga can be exercise!"
Yeah but only if you're really focusing on utilizing specific muscles, in which case you're still better off doing real exercise. Ain't nobody getting DOMS from child's pose.

Any recommendations?

Read the sticky.

Do cardio(power walking or treadmills count) or swimming, both are non damaging and burn more calories than yoga.

Then watch your caloric intake and service portions of what you eat.

Let me guess, you are a fat fucking bitch.

>I want to lose a lot of weight and develop a nice body in the process.

Yoga aint gonna do shit for you son.

Like your mother

>I want to do yoga for a nice body

Literally who told you this? This shit is worse than planet fitness at least there they have things that CAN help you lose weight.

My mother is dead.
At least she wasn't fat tho.

Read the fucking sticky, piglet.

Veeky Forums fails.

post a pic of yourself OP 99% sure you got had for some membership money that could be spent anywhere else more usefully.

Also, keto is a meme, but it is a really good diet for recovering fatties. Helped me lose 90 lbs back in 2014. With other diets I was hungry and irritated all the time, this shit helped me a lot.
Just be sure to get your fibers, preferably from leafy vegetables or psyllium husk.

Start strength training and some moderate cardio (walking or stationary bike won't fuck your body up).

Good luck.

I went from 270->170 size 42 to size 30 in about 18 months just by doing simple shit like balancing my diet, doing extra cardio, cutting out soda/sweet drinks, and keeping my calories in check.

I did weights as well but nothing outside some 15/25/35lbs barbells, just a little extra goes a long way so long as you maintain a diet.

I love yoga, but hit's not training. it's stretching, relaxation and light cardio. Personally I think it complements heavy lifting quite well.

If you're very serious about yoga and do it for hours every day then I guess you'll get in decent shape eventually, but it would be a very inefficient way to do it.

I've decided to keep my yoga routine and do calorie watching and cardio that's gentle for my body.

>cardio that's gentle for my body.

What is this even suppose to mean?

>I want the easy way to lose weight

Which if there were an "easy way" everyone would be fucking doing it