I've started lifting and 3 days after my first deadlifts and squats my thighs are swollen and I can barely get up or...

I've started lifting and 3 days after my first deadlifts and squats my thighs are swollen and I can barely get up or sit down. What's up?

Better amputate before they get gangrene

I realize it sounded stupid, but they're pretty damn swollen.

I though the picture was a burn victim. Man dream vision is pretty spooky4me.

don't know man. First thing that comes to mind is DOMS. Could be blood pooling due to injury and doms.

Your muscles are inflamed as fuck. Relax and recuperate.

Same thing happened after my first workout it's very likely to just be really bad DOMS, keep up the routine and it gets less sore post workout after two weeks

Do lots of stretches pre and post workout, makes everything less sore

>I've started lifting and 3 days after my first deadlifts and squats my thighs are swole

fuckin noob gains

>stretch preworkout
Hello newfriend.

it's all the new muscle piling on, weigh yourself when you can move again and you'll be like 5 pounds heavier
noob gains = better than steroids

Happened to my left tricep a few days after skullcrushers (for the first time), had to skip a few workouts because of it, sticking to compound movements only now til I get my strength up.

I thought it was rhabdo but it subsided by itself, take a week or two off til it heals completely, and if you're worried, see a doc, it MIGHT be rhabdo, but chances are, as a beginner, it's very unlikely. As long as your actual muscle feels fine under the swelling, and you don't suspect a tear or something of that sort, it should heal itself fairly quickly, might take longer than a week because leg muscles are much larger.

thats what everything looked like to me the first time i did acid. some nice nostalgia feels coming through right now, good times

How do noob gains work, I lost 20 lbs with major setbacks now I'm 6'2 140. All of it seems to go to my quads.

Just inflammation because your muslces aren't used to it.

DOnt listen to these people....if your thighs have literally swollen up go see a fuckin docter....
if they are just sore...STFU

Its called being sore senpai its going to hurt like a bitch your first time if you have lived a relatively sedentary life style

Nigga fuck off your b8 sucks cock

Means you had a good workout. Your body will get used to it enjoy for now

mark rippetoe wouldn't lie

>6'2"
>140 lbs

how the fuck

140 lbs
6'2"
Nigga you need to eat

That just means you're becoming swole.