Modfinil causing weightloss confirmed

Modfinil causing weightloss confirmed.

2 weeks of use without a diet change at all and i have lost 2kg and my lifts have increased.

6"2 100kg now 98kg.
Bench went from 100x10 to 110x10
Ohp went from 60kg x8 to 60kg x10

Get on it bros.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=calories burned sleep vs awake&oq=calories burned sleep vs awake&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12...0.0.1.2002.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..34.mobile-heirloom-serp..18.6.1275.WsaI6Wibhas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2 weeks of use without a diet change at all

Did you maintain the same kcal intake? Also if you were staying up more and sleeping less, that would probably explain things since you burn more calories conscious than unconscious.

No shit it causes weight loss. I'll take it for a study session and forget to eat for 12 hours.

I can't even tell if this is very subtle trolling or plain stupidity.

> resorts to babies first drug
> weak lifts
Ahoy ma boy

Using 50mg a day 5 days a week to help focus here - no noticeable appetite suppression and still gaining weight

is this like adderall that you can order online?

this, it kills appetite bigtime

Nowhere near as effective as adderal, it's used for narcoleptics to keep them awake and in everyone else it just keeps you awake as fuck for 8 hours.

I was sleeping less and eating the same ammount of calories.

I was getting 8 hours of sleep on the modafinil rather then my usual 9-11 hours sleep.

Not as effective but you do notice more of an alertness which is helpful for work and studying.

You can easily do 5-8 hour binge studying on modafinil without even looking away from your work.

50mg? That's basically taking 1/4 scoop of pre workout for a workout lol

Agreed.

I take 200mg daily.

I can easily fall asleep while on 50mg just by resting my head.

Good luck on 200mg. Tho.

Yeah, I only take it when I need to do study. Took 200mg one day at 4pm, couldn't fall asleep until 5am. Had an exam that day at 9am.

Fun times....

>taking 200mg at 4pm

Well i found your problem user.

What's the difference between modfinil and adrafinil?

Apparently modafinil was created by the US military to combat fatigue in soldiers. They'd give it to their fighters hoping it would keep them awake for days with minimal degradation to mental and physical performance.

I don't lift(yet, I'll start after a 3 year hiatus because of depression, I realized I quit my depression cure, the gym, like an idiot) and I am back to auswitch mode. I take modafinil to study and on 200 mg I can live a whole day without eating or realizing I haven't eaten. It is not unusual to force myself to eat while on it. So to your bodybuilders out there, note that it effectively kills your appetite at therapeutic doses(3.33mg/kg is my dose)

Adrafinil is a prodrug, meaning it becomes modafinil in your liver, the pills usually contain 150mg or the left enantiomer(or right, can't remember the active one), while modafinil pills contain both at 200mg. This might trick you into thinking a 200mg modafinil pill is 100mg of the actual drug while 150mg adrafinil is 150mg of the actual drug. This is wrong, 2-3x the dose of adrafini is equistimulating to a x dose of modafinil because not all adrafinil is converted to modafinil in the liver, some of it becomes modafinilic acid and the percentage of modafinil you get depends on your individual organism.
tldr/conclusion; modafinil>adrafinil, way easier to dose, way more tested for hepatoxicity.

>5 hours
>binge

>9-11 hours of sleep
Kek, neetbrah

hey Op, does it actually work? does it help you focus?

>taking medication
might as well have named this degenerate general

whats the difference between modafinil and speed?

why not just do a few lines of good fucking amphetamine and feel good too

all these americans taking pills just to get by college is a really really sad thing to read about. it shouldn't be that hard to study without drugs, your whole country has been fucked by television leaving you all with adhd. I'm sure it's a genius long term plan to eat all that shit just so you can cram some knowledge in your brain.

>t. impoverished soviet bloc shitposter

he's right
your brain burns LOTS of calories when you are conscious and much less when you are unconscious. same goes for muscles.

but since you think he's trolling i guess your brain doesn't burn anything at all...

Sleeping an hour less a day is not going to make you lose weight.

Not sleeping for the entire night is not going to make you loose weight

Only drug I take on the reg is weed, and I get straight A's in my university. You don't need uppers to make it.

We've been both partialyl chemically and elctronically lobotomized and the men are being partially castrated and sterilized even as we speak.

The american race is a slave race.

Not that Guy, but you're a moron.
Next time maybe Google before spewing whit you obviously don't know about.
> google.com/search?q=calories burned sleep vs awake&oq=calories burned sleep vs awake&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.12...0.0.1.2002.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..34.mobile-heirloom-serp..18.6.1275.WsaI6Wibhas

that's what I mean. I'm a third year STEM student myself and I haven't felt the need to take any drugs to do my assignments. yet more and more I keep reading about people who consider it completely normal to take adderall or something to study and it's practically always the americans.

You should try wellbutrin. It's usually covered by insurance, unlike modafinil (that you have to buy online and hope gets past customs).

It maintains attention at about the same level as Modafinil, but it's EXTREMELY more effective as an appetite suppressant. One of the side effects you have to watch out for with wellbutrin is that you don't go full anorexic, because food will seem gross, you'll barely feel any hunger, and wellbutrin also blocks out your desire to take other drugs, such as street drugs.

Modafinil is ADD-drug-lite compared to a lot of other meds.

Well I am American as well. I manage to be the top of my classes still just fine and the only drug I'm on is the one that has bad stereotypes about making people "stupid". I feel like its similar to fatties who try to lose weight with diet pills- they're just too lazy to out in a little work and self control .

American school and workforce is becoming increasingly competitive because of our corporatist overlords importing and exporting labor to save costs whenever able. Plus schools are becoming and enormous financial investment that HAS to bear fruit for you to come out ahead. That means more and more people have to compete for fewer, lower quality jobs if they want to have some semblance of security. With so much hanging on succeeding and pulling ahead, of course people are going to use stuff to give themselves a leg up. I don't blame them at all, and if you understood anything you would at least get why that is.

What I find funnier is that America is harshly cracking down on "brain drugs" that improve your mind and capabilities, but you can get downers like Xanax and vallium as if it were ibuprofen. I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but something is fucked up when you can claim "anxiety" and get sixty Xanax no questions asked, but I have to jump through tons of hoops and have restrictions placed on me to get 30 Concerta.

I took wellbutrin for two years and never experienced better focus or reduction in appetite. I did get an out of body feeling, dry eyes, and headaches though. Buyer beware here.

I didn't say all americans take drugs, I said of the ones that take drugs just to enhance their school performance the vast majority seem to be americans.
Also ADD medication being prescribed extremely leniently to school kids of all ages in the US has been a well documented and much discussed topic for at least a decade now.
I understand the reasons behind it, I just said it's sad. Nothing you said makes the situation any less sad.

What dosage? I'm on 400 mg of wellbutrin sr, the maximum daily dosage available for the sr version. I started a cut on the first day I took that dosage, because I felt like I'd be forcing myself to eat food to the point of nausea to even eat at maintenance. I plan on only taking only one of the 200 mg pills once I get to the weight I'd like to be at, because 400 mg makes me feel like the drug is taking over me. It definitely feels more mind-altering than modafinil feels.

>I understand the reasons behind it, I just said it's sad. Nothing you said makes the situation any less sad.

I must have misread then. Yeah it is sad, and I hate it. I wish it wasn't so outside my power to change? But all I can really do right now is play the game and try to become financially secure ASAP.

Dosage varied from 250 to 450, and tried both the XR and the SR. I never experienced any improvement or beneficial sides like you, just negative effects. Not saying you're wrong, just want people to know it may not work great for them like it does for you.

I know what you mean, different meds work differently for different folks. I personally never found much appetite suppression from modafinil, unlike OP.

Full disclosure: It may also be worth noting that I'm taking it for Bipolar, to treat the depression side, because it is a med that doesn't cause manic reactions (unlike SSRI's or serotonin-containing anti-depressants). So I'm pretty aware that my brain chemistry isn't representative of the average person taking wellbutrin for ADD or for unipolar depression. I have read that a lot of people report losing weight while taking it though, but not necessarily everyone.

>stimulants makes me lift more
This isn't because they make you stronger. It's because without it you don't go properly to failure. You're a weak little shit who needs drugs to lift.

>What I find funnier is that America is harshly cracking down on "brain drugs" that improve your mind and capabilities, but you can get downers like Xanax and vallium as if it were ibuprofen. I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but something is fucked up when you can claim "anxiety" and get sixty Xanax no questions asked, but I have to jump through tons of hoops and have restrictions placed on me to get 30 Concerta

dude i walked into the doctor, told him i was having trouble paying attention at work and i needed to focus in order to get a promotion so he had me fill out a questionnaire (asking typical ADD stuff like, 'do you find it hard to pay attention to things for a long period of time' etc) and once i was done i told him i was prescribed adderall in high school (i wasnt) and that it helped me. he literally took the questionnaire away from me and said 'oh why didnt you say so, we can get you back on that if you think it will help'

literally that easy. even if i didnt say i was previously prescribed it, all youd have to do is lie on that questionnaire.

so you're kinda right, i just think that drug companies are willing to sell you drugs if you're willing to buy them. it's not just painkillers but all of them.

i think the effect of moda isn't as big as the kick speed gives

In the United States, there is a form of control on what medications doctors can prescribe in the form of what's covered by insurance and what not.

I live in Massachusetts, and have one of the free, indigent person's insurance plans. I pay very little for meds, nothing at all for appointments, but have to go through "prior authorization" with my insurance when a doctor prescribes an unusual drug.

That's actually part of the reason people order modafinil online and have it sent in the mail. It's pretty easy to get a modafinil prescription from a doctor; it's paying for it at the pharmacy when your insurance doesn't cover it that's a problem. I once had a 14-day supply of modafinil, 100 mg, cost 153 dollars at an American pharmacy, whereas you can buy it online for 255 dollars for a 300-day supply, 200 mg.

I think the reason customs just seizes packages and doesn't prosecute people who get caught importing controlled substances is that they realize people aren't trying to abuse the substances, they're just trying to avoid exorbitant American drug prices half the time.

Does Veeky Forums use modafinilcat dot com?

This pretty much. For the concerta I had to do a prior authorization that added a lot of hassle and time to the prescription. Couldn't get it from my usually pharmacy either, had to pay ten bucks more to have it delivered in a four hour window, weekdays only, 9-5 pm. Not to mention 15 bucks for the meds itself. Not nearly as bad as your story, but totally retarded given the ease with which I could get much worse drugs.

I used modup because modafinil wouldn't ship to my country. Got 10 free pills with their reddit code(I think Limitless but you can look it up yourself). The packaging is so stealth I still use it as my drug stash in my drawer because it looks normal lol.

>not just micro-dosing amphetamine sulphate

looool

It's all relative. I'm sure you could cruise through easy, uncompetitive pass/fail style education (like what exists in some but not all of Europe), but here if you want to get into competitive institutions/programs/grad school in fields that aren't opression Olympics you're up against thousands of people with only marginal differences in GPA and test scores separating those who make it from those who don't. If you value your future and you're competing against people on amps, of course you take them too. You'd be stupid not to.

I'm not saying it's the best system, but if I'm risking being a debt slave forever by playing this game you bet your ass I'm playing to fucking win.

Can this stuff be seized by customs?

>uncompetitive pass/fail style education (like what exists in some but not all of Europe)
here they do give us grades but literally NOBODY in the history of mankind has asked about anyone's grades after graduation. you get a degree and that's it. in some fields employers might ask for an example of your work or some projects you did during school and of course work/internship experience is crucial but the degree is purely to prove that you're technically qualified.

If I was in an environment like that I would understand the confusion about drugs. Metrics are god at too many stages of the process here not to try your ass off (again, depending on what you want to do and your own level of personal ambition).

Sort of jelly desu senpai

The real world is tough. There's nothing wrong with seeking an edge to get ahead.

>implying humans have not been modding and enhancing their body body's since day one.

>STEM
wow, so specific