Science finds the 'attractive' level of body fat

coach.nine.com.au/2016/06/06/09/19/science-finds-attractive-level-of-body-fat

>New research from Macquarie University has found that in order to qualify as attractive, a man only has to have a normal body fat percentage, whereas a woman needed to be below the healthy range to be labelled attractive.

>As established in previous research, the healthy body fat range for young Caucasian women is currently 21 to 23 percent, while the healthy range for young Caucasian men is 8 to 21 percent.

>Interestingly, the participants chose the same male shape for both healthiness and attractiveness, which turned out to be a quite non-descript middle ground (16 percent body fat).

>But when it came to the female shape, most thought that the attractive body shape (16 percent body fat) was better than the healthy body shape (19 percent body fat).

16% BF brehs.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/body-fat-linked-to-male-attractiveness-and-immune-system-2012-11
youtube.com/watch?v=_wI3ijvv8IM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bullshit

People only say 16%, because under 16% BF the men wont look in their direction.

Fox and the grapes etc..

why is 25% girl fatter than 30% one?

Why are we attracted to women? They're weak and beta creatures. Just look at how they need to stay in a very specific range just to survive. Meanwhile the superior male specimen can have a wide range and still maintain health. Is there any reason to be attracted to women? Men are faster. Men are stronger. Men are all around superior creatures.

because we want to reproduce, to make offspring. Women are a way to get that so we developed to be attracted to them.

>Mfw 25%

How do I unlock this mode?

Nah. Most women would want 10-12 in your pic.

Huh, those whales were right after all

People look different at certain bf levels anyways, this is irrelevant

That chart is shit, as is most shit being spread on the internet.

businessinsider.com/body-fat-linked-to-male-attractiveness-and-immune-system-2012-11

This article reports that 12% is most attractive but doesn't link to the study.

That's p stupid, they didn't take mass and size into consideration so most of the 10%ers might have just been spooky skellies

This, essentially
Taller girls look better, generally, as do girls with hourglass or pear shapes vs shit like apple shaped or banana shaped girls

Fagshill get out.

don't eat ever

What about watermelon shaped girls?

Average bodyfat for a study like that is a shit indicator.
Suppose you have a 183 cm (6") man. He is undertrained, overweight, and skinny-fat, weighing 67.8 kg (149.4 lbs) at 16% body fat (he has around 10.8 kg [23.9 lbs] of fat). Suppose the same man, after training for a few years, now weighs a 87.9 kg (193.7 lbs) while keeping the same 10.8 kg of fat. That's now 12% body fat with no reduction in fat. Think about it.

Actually a bodyfat percentage for men that floats between 10 and 18% bodyfat is seen as more attractive for men while acceptable bodyfat for a woman is roughly correlated to her age and her bodytype. Annie and Obese are not the normal hottness. They are just pushed by certain people for money making and ego reasons.
Haes and annie models are pushed by food and dieting/modeling conglomerates.

Certain bodytypes can get away with having a few extra pounds while others are damned by that weight.

Ironically enough, women who find that normally attractive to the opposite sex bodyfat percentage are also healthier and more stable then those who are either far too low are far too high bodyfat.

It's just how it is

Bodyfat is not about bodyfat.
It's about appearance and relative health.
It's always been about apperance and relative health.

I like titties and vagina, that's why.

Really makes you think

>That fucking pic.

It gets me every time, the dudes are in the right ballpark but the women? The 30% bodyfat one is literally a fucking joke.

Whoever made this has never seen a woman.

You forgot to say no homo

Let me tell you why that is bullshit. I've lived in a wooded area my whole life and never once have I seen a fox eating grapes.

Translation: We should be tolerant of who people are attracted to, as they can't choose that. UNLESS of course you're a cis white male in which case you'd better be attracted to fat chicks or else you are wrong.

I think "ottermode" guys like brad pit look good in the 6% range.
When you start getting into athletic/builder bods, 10-15% looks good.

youtube.com/watch?v=_wI3ijvv8IM

>there being a noticeable difference between 16 and 19%

Shhh
They're trying to shill diet shit and clothes.

no homo

Fuck that guy

female here

I like my body fat, I think it looks breddy good

i dont want to be overweight but i also dont want to be spooky

just wanna be in the middle looking like a milf

how is this fair if they chose a girl with very large hips?