Liftin aint coping

Why do I even lift?

>exgf got her bachelor
>Friends around me finish uni

Me?
I lift, work 8h a day and more as a trainee, still live at home with nearly 30

Fucking hell this is depressing Veeky Forums

You're supposed to find balance. If you're living at home at close to 30, you haven't found balance.

Everyone's more ahead in life than me

You lift to cope and you deal with shit normally
You need to deal with your life and progress, you cant stagnate and expect things to be good

How do i find balance then? Lifting keeps my mind occupied for the duration of working out anf maybe a rest day or two
After that I start to see how much more advanced people around me are in life...

Balance for me is literally having a caring girl as a gf whom I can provide for, but have yet to meet one that ain't batshit crazy

Muscles at the end of the day don't help with life

I keep trying but fall back after a certain amount of time into my habits of just being a lazy fuck

How old are your friends? Around the same age? Why are they only graduating now?

>Balance for me is literally having a caring girl as a gf whom I can provide for
Mate, let me stop you right the fuck there
Im not that guy but those goals are a good fucking way to get your heart pulled out of your ass and then your ass handed to you

Balance is not finding a gf, gfs and women bring unbalance because they require time and aparently youre strapped for it already
learn a trade, go to school, develop your career. Come on man, this is what you should be doing

Yeah they're roughly 22-24
Well they started couple of years ago and finished, me on the other hand took my sweet time and atleast taking a trainee job

Also seeing that my ex graduated, we git together when she finished school and started studying, also makes me think what the he'll I have done or rather not done with my life in the last years

Oh I've been hurt a couple of times now so I agree but I've pretty much gotten resistant to being mistreated and know that I can handle those kinda situations much better now

I can relate. I was very sick during most of my 20s and saw all my friends graduate, develop good careers, start families etc. while my life was going nowhere. thankfully my health improved and I got back to university. it sucked being the "old guy", but it sucked a lot less than being a guy with no future. I got accepted as a phd after that and no longer feel like the old guy. life is pretty good now, and hopefully I can start catching up with my friends career-wise after this .

Why are you hanging out with people that much younger than you? Anyways, I hope you take this as motivation to better yourself. What traineeship are you doing? Getting fulltime work is pretty killer these days.

Yeah it's like society tells me I should already beplanning out everything but im nowhere near any kind of stable state to do so

Youre missing the point, friend
You shouldnt have to "handle" those situations and im not talking about having a bad chick who is mean to you.
Even if you have the sweetest, most wonderful girl you WILL need to give her time and spend time with her. You should take time to do things that will fulfill you instead of chasing an external emotional crutch you probably wont find.

It sounds grim but its true, you cant depend on getting lucky and snagging a girl because what happens if she leaves?
What happens if you have kids and she leaves with the kids?
Youre gonna get fucked so you need a good base to stand on, fix that first and then focus on other things

Not really motivated by that though, what does get me motivated is a girl that I can share things with. Im a funny, cool and general chill dude and overall happy, but for me atleast, I want someone to share that with

Trainee as a it in-house tech guy

How are you supposed to have a caring gf you can provide for when you still live with your parents?

I know what you're getting at there user, I know that I can't depend my life on someone else, but I'm the kind of person who likes to give because he likes to

That's one thought that's getting me depressed

I feel you user, im the same
For the longest time all i could think of was to get a gf to resume my normal life as it was (had a breakup and didnt like being single) so i get that burning feeling of want.
Im not telling you that youre wrong in doing it but its probably not going to end well, sadly i must say.

Building a good base character where you are independant will help you alot but if you dont feel like doing this then i cant really force you, now can i?
I hope you find your way user, i really do

you should definitely put education/career in the number one spot for now. worry about all this other shit later. a man needs a career.

But you have a job? Move out?

Okay if you want all that then move out already. You're working 8hrs a day then surely you can afford your own place or at least with a flatmate?

Also, what's wrong with your job? That seems stable and more professional than "I flip burgers" or "I work in a factory/labour".

Not that bad for me anymore, I know I can live on my own and be happy but itd be even better if I had someone to share experiences and stuff

I know but I see that as trivial like you work to get money to buy stuff, ok. But that's not life as a whole for me you know?
Doesn't nearly pay enough to move out, I'll finish traineeship soon amd then I will move out

Sure seeWanted to move in with a biddy but he kinda jumped ship because he's at the military and doesn't need a flat, spends his time at his gfs

Nothing wrong with the job user its cool, interesting and stressful at times,but its good.

>I know but I see that as trivial like you work to get money to buy stuff
Ill leave you with a tip
Dont think of your career as something you do for money and money as something you use to buy stuff
Your career is your passion, its what youre good at and what you do in life.
Money is key to fulfilling the rest you want to do, if you want to build gadgets at home, build a car, build and fly quadcopters, play games or travel money is key to this
Attitude is everything

When does your traineeship finish? Be happy and patient man, if you got a good job it's only a matter of time before everything else falls into place.

Sure, can't get m mind around that way of thinking though.
Life for me isn't about having the best payed job, having a fulfilling career, you work your whole life and then die, for me it's those things between work, meeting people, experiencing things, memories you know?
Work is just a mean of getting that to me, might just not be that kijd of person who concentrates on his job

In less than half a year
Will it though? Shouldn't you be already thinking about how to starr a family, build a home etc at my age?

Yes you should be thinking about that, but worry about that in less than half a year when you start making a livable wage. Live in the moment and stop asking "what if".

I've done that all my life user, never was the plannong ahead giy, always loving life right here right now

>glorifying an institution in which all that's required is paying expensive tuition to memorize textbook sections
Uni doesn't mean shit, man.

He paid for uni
His classes are given on apps for free
Cuckaroonie wage slave is op :)

Dunno to me it signifies that people actively work on what they want on lofe, jobwise. Might just be me

Then why are you feeling down about yourself? Think about it man, those friends of yours may have graduated but guaranteed not every one of them is going to be able to secure a job within the next few weeks/months.

I really don't know user
Maybe the thought of people posting this stuff everywhere, bragging about it and how awesome their life is gonna be is somewhat dragging me down, looking at myself that i have not reached anything as of yet

Wait until their "no one is hiring people with my worthless degree" kicks in.

Probably, but they had that life experience in which they studied and had a great time, met new exciting people and whatnot
Me? I was lurking, not lifting at that time and generally just staying with myself

You thought like this sad fuck all your life
And now you are responsible what you sowed. Get your self an education or work harder at your current job, get a promotion and take more ownership. It isn't late to do either of these things. Only one is entirely reliant on how much you put in and no outside forces.

But a career is not what "life" means to me user, it's just a means necessary to fulfill my material needs

>You thought like this sad fuck all your life
I'm speaking from experience, buddy.
Going or not going to uni doesn't change the fact.

This

feelsbadman.jpg

Lol stay off social media. It's basically a platform for people to brag about how happy they are without revealing how sad they really are inside.

Studying isn't that exciting, quite the opposite really. Pulling all nighters, stressing over deadlines, boring as fuck classes. Made a few friends, fucked a few girls yeah, but for over $20,000 in loan fees, you could use that money doing the same while travelling, partying or hiring hookers. This debt man, just kill me now.

I rarely log into my facebook account
You did make new friends and stuff, i mean i'm not from the us no debt here, so i suppose studying there is a lot more frustrating in the end, but over here it's sort of an accomplishment
You study in uni, you graduate, you're doing something with your life you know

>Me?
>I lift, work 8h a day and more as a trainee, still live at home with nearly 30
>Fucking hell this is depressing Veeky Forums

so change it

this is a good post

It's not that easy when after a while i get back to my old habits of being lazy

You're 30 so you may have an old way of thinking, but the economy is way different now user. Going to uni just doesn't guarantee you a job like it used to.

My dad, very conservative, told me once that he made a mistake in believing you need a degree to be successful. He said that's how it was maybe 20 years ago, but now it's completely different, even tradesmen (blue collar workers) can be better off. Not american btw.

>Its not that easy when I don't try

Kys

I did business school and law school. I have actual marketable skills and expertise, and am a licensed attorney.

but the debt....

120k.... 120k. kill me.

Also, I am way behind my peers in the race for a house, marriage, and kids.

I do like working towards long term goals, and am motivated that a lawyer doesn't really hit his prime until his 50s

my advice to op is don't worry about what other people are doing and work towards your own goals.

Fuck's sake, man. Do something instead of whining.
I was in the same boat but I decided to take a chance, man the fuck up and do something about it.
I got into trades and I love it so much I'm actually angry on my days off.

>only childhood friend moved across the US 5 years ago
>haven't been in contact with said friend
>haven't made any new friends since then
>3rd year in uni at 24 years old
>crippling insecurity and low self esteem
Despite all this I still don't feel depressed, or maybe I'm just delusional.

I'm 26 to be exact and yes my way of thinking, about job and relationships, is pretty old way-ish
I try user, i do, but after some time i fall back

Well then you're someone who shines in his job, good for you, i'm not that kind of person though

>Well then you're someone who shines in his job, good for you, i'm not that kind of person though
And yet another excuse.
I was absolutely fucking mediocre at what I was doing before turning my career around.

With that pussified attitude it's no wonder you're miserable.

You're only 26?! For fuck sake man, you can move out within a year, maybe get a gf, and if you wanted have a kid all before the age of 30. What the fuck are you stressing about.

I quite literally lost sleep since I realized I pass 9 hours at work and do absolutely nothing outside working hours except lifting, eating and post on this very shithole

Nah, i'll get my ass up sooner or later
Just not right this second

Really don't know
Maybe just comparing myself to others is dragging me down for no reason at all

>Just not right this second
pls stop trying to trigger me
it's not nice

>Well then you're someone who shines in his job, good for you, i'm not that kind of person though
You get out of life what you put into it. The same goes for your career.

If you want to be successful, then put in the work. Pay attention. Spend a few hours every weekend keeping up to date on your field, studying, or taking some free online course. Becoming complacent with where you are and what you are doing is a career killer, especially in the fast changing technology field.

Sounds fair enough

You're having grass is greener syndrome and you're exgf and fell for the college meme. You don't absolutrely need college to be successful and the majority of colleges are just becoming leftist indoctrination centers parroting SJW bullshit