Deadlift Thread

How many of you guys actually deadlift with proper form? I've literally never seen a single person that wasn't on my schools powerlifting team lift over 3 plates perfectly...

>Perfect setup
>Perfectly straight back through the entire lift
>Double overhand grip
>Perfect Hip Hinge
>Entire body works a one to complete the lift

I got to 375lbs within 8 months of lifting and then after visiting snap city twice I actually researched and properly learned the movement. I just got done doing 3x3 at 245lbs with the above form and my entire body is fatigued beyond belief.

This leads me to believe that either Veeky Forums is in the extremely small minority or people are fibbing...

Also deadlift general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good for you. You should lift enough that you dont lose perfect form but still produce an estimulus for your body to grow. You shouldnt ego lift.

There's no award in lifting for having the best form, if you're able to lift with perfect form all the time then you aren't pushing yourself properly, which probably explains why you are deadlifting 245 for triples.

Being obsessed with perfect form is retarded.
a) because the most optimal yet still safe form is different for everyone
b) you will stall your progress due to overthinking
c) you will probably learn bad habits that hinder your ability to get stronger.

As lord rippleton said, perfect is the enemy of good.

Maybe I'm full of shit tho i dunno lol.
Heres me deadlifting 250kg.
Did it for 3 reps this week but didn't record it because there was too many people around and autism.

I have great form, but whenever I do more than like 3 reps it begins to degrade, which is normal and fine.

Your form should be good when training, doesn't need to be "perfect" just don't hurt yourself. When you're making max attempts or competing, form isn't that important. Having some lumbar rounding in competition is no big deal. Lumbar rounding in training means you're training too heavy.

Nice. That dyel in the background who don't even look at you and drops the weight on the floor disturbs me tho.

People without proper form are the dumbest people.

They only cheat their way to snapcity.

If you cheat your form means that you're not strong enough for the weight.

Your form looks good to me

Mike Tuchscherer deadlifts over 800 pounds with absolute perfect form.

Surprisingly rational replies ITT. I would add that in addition to what has been said about form in general, the deadlift in particular will change mechanically depending on the anthropometry of the lifter. Rip has a video on this if you want to search, but even at the seminars he does he says the requirements for a correct deadlift allow for a lot more diversity than the squat or bench.

Copying a lanky monkeyman that you saw on your uni pl team when you're a 5'7" stocky femurlet with different mobility is unlikely to get you very far. You're much better off learning WHY successful lifters do what they do, and apply that good reasoning to your own technique.

>yanking the bar up

you should deload

Because his body is perfectly built to deadlift pmsl

Switched to sumo recently I'm way stronger in it. It also feels better, it never feels "right" when I'm setting up for conventional.
Depends on your proportions of course, but I'm gonna pull like this for a while now. Finally gonna put some more plates on the bar.

lol

>just got done doing 3x3 at 245lbs
>perfect form
Yeah take advice from this guy.

t. brofessor

Recently had a guy at the gym recommend that I place one of those extra 1 inch rubber floor tiles under each side of the bar and it was a night and day difference in my form. Everything just felt better.

I would recommend doing this for any of you long legs / short arm bros

Maybe you should try putting a block, or weight underneath to see if it feels even better/easier?

You look like a Goomba. Perfect deadlift build.

>a guy at the gym recommended me to shorten the ROM of the lift and cheat, so I did and it felt better

ok.

lol no

what shoes are those?

a face only a mother could love

5'9 manlet here. Focusing on form is pretty important but if 100% perfect form is all you're focusing on, I'm betting you're not paying attention to your breathing or trying to push yourself. A big part about deadlifts and the form is your height. Me being the manlet I am makes full rom deadlifts much easier than it is for my 6'2 friend because I'm pulling it a much shorter distance. Also double overhand for strength training is just gonna wear your hands out unless you chalk or use gloves. This guy pretty much summed up what I said earlier

You're fucking stupid. By your logic the only people who aren't "cheating" when it comes to the deadlift are manlets with long arms.

Modifying an exercise to adjust for biomechanical imbalances and inadequacies so that you don't injure yourself is just intelligent training. You would understand this if you have been lifting for over a year.

They look like wrestling shoes but I can be sure. A lot of people like them for deadlifting

they look like hi-top samba's but they don't even make those.

might be adidas wrestling/boxing shoes too

Is this b8?

No, why?

Would you guys consider a hex bar to be cheating?

I would not consider it a deadlift at all.

>sumo

>ok

9/10 very nice

amazing how you can lift so much with those skinny legs. I have seen 300kg with legs even skinnier than you tho, how is that possible is a mistery to me.

The bar keeps hitting my knees on the way up and down. I keep trying to focus super hard on form so I'm only using one plate. Hlep

you're trying to keep your back too vertical. learn to set up correctly (read SS)

I deadlift under/over without a straight back but im tall and there is no such thing as a perfect deadlift unless you take into account an individuals skeletal structure. My 1rep was 165kg which is 3.6 plates or so but i have been working on volume these past few months so I have no idea where it is now.

Lol

nice mate

>tfw deadlift only at 2.5 plate after 6 months of lifting

>double overhand
>picture is switch grip

This is really good, though.

Haha fucking weak bro

I read an article that supports this too... I've tried it and can say only good things.

at least ur not
>got to 2.5 plate in 6 months, 2.5 years later ur at 3 plate because you no longer care about the lift
i thought it was suppoised to get easier senpai

I consider it a great exercise, but it isn't a deadlift precisely.

5 months of lifting and 1RM is just above 2 plate. id say ur doing pretty well just keep going

>minority or fibbing
it's a little of both. some people here are pretty fucking strong. some only pretend they are. the pretenders don't make the strong less strong, though

it's ok for the bar to hit your legs/shins a little, but you should probably set up less vertical. remember, you don't want to drop your hips when you're doing deads, if that makes sense

Hamstrings and glutes don't make your legs look big

>5'5" Chimp mode
>week 3 of SL
>295 diddylift
>about to shift it into 3rd gear soon

Okay so back in high school I "deadlifted" 200 lbs but I'm pretty sure I was just doing a reverse-squat kind of lift to get it up.
Now, 4 years later, I'm trying to get back into serious lifting and wanted to know if this video was good for dead lifting. I got the movement down and my lower back seems to be the biggest area of improvement after a few weeks of lifting. Its always the most sore area.
youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc