Reminder

Reminder

where's the fun when beginners stop using squatplugs?

>especially beginners on the internet

I fail to see how bad advice from beginners irl vs on the internet changes the dynamic of said bad advice.

He's right, but that last tid bit makes him sound stupid.

He's an idiot stuck in the past. That is all.

On the internet everyone thinks they know better

Because a beginner on the Internet can claim to be an expert

just because you can lift a lot doesn't mean you're a good coach either so....

Because there's people on Veeky Forums who give advice on how to increase your deadlift when they have a 2 plate deadlift.

because a beginner irl looks like a beginner and you're a retard for taking his advice. A beginner on the internet is just text and can look no different than text from an expert

>so...
Fuck off.

>you should do bench after those squats, you'll see you'll push more
>4 sets are too much, do 3 at most
>don't do more than 8 reps
>oh you hit chest tricep and shoulders today? that's a very weird workout idk why you'd do that

Why are men like this?

>being triggered this easily
the outside world is going to eat you alive so...

Without face to face interaction you can say even more stupid shit because there is zero social backlash. Basically unless someone is relaying proven advice or can prove credentials, their advice is highly dubious.

there's absolutely no way he makes it, so...

Because on the internet you can claim anything

in person when you see a skinnyfat dyel you think they're a skinnyfat dyel and disregard them

excuse me, I believe the original post had 4 periods and not 3. please learn how to read before replying.

But there is a higher probability of someone fit being a better instructor. Sure some skeleton can know exactly how to put on mass, it's not like some mystical ninja art that you have to go to a secret mountaintop dojo to learn, but it's less likely that they know it than the guy who is ripped.

Why should I take advice from this fat fuck either?

being fit =/= world class athlete

lifting is the only sport in the world retarded enough to equate ability to lift with ability to coach

Exactly this, this is why all those fatasses glued to their chairs watching football games on TV and commenting on how shit the players would make really great coaches.

But no you really are a moron. Get two random dudes, one skinny and one ripped there IS a higher probability that the fitfag is going to be a better coach than the skinny guy because you at least know for a fact that he has firsthand lifting experience.

Not sure if trolls or people on Veeky Forums that don't know who Wendler is. Whether you insist people giving advice are good athletes themselves or good coaches is irrelevant here, Wendler is both

531 is top tier training, problem is people stick with it without being competition ready or are retarded and don't do the accesories as specified
>everything is 5x10 on assistance
>excepting Kroc Rows
>MFW I can't 5x10 after last rep on 95% day

rippetoe says you should

I don't agree at all. Someone who has never lifted in their life and has an awful body but religiously studies the subject will be a far greater body of knowledge on average compared to your average heavy lifter.

See, the dumb tier worst case scenario works both ways then we're back to the fact that big lifts =/= better coach.

take a look at Boris Sheiko he's never been a competitive Powerlifter and he's been focused as a coach since young age, you'd expect someone that trained 36 gold medals to look like Arnold at least but he's just like Santa Clause on Vodka with glasses

531 is shit for building size

That's not Wendler's fault any more than it's sheiko's fault when dyels who can't even squat 200kg pick a routine just because there's a meme app, fuck their skills tests up and get buried by volume they can't handle. Wendler tries to get people to read the book and use their brains, the fact that teenagers on a Filipino drug dealer execution board can't be bothered is nobody's fault but theirs.

wendler himself said that beginners and intermediates can use 5/3/1

>Veeky Forums
>a place where newfags take advice from older faggots who don't actually give a fuck about helping and are really here to shitpost feels, baits and pictures of pianoman

If you take anything posted here seriously you can only blame yourself. Yeah, it took me a while also.

It's not 531 is for building up the 1 RM slow but steady and that's just the base plan that's why people always complain because you don't do heavy jumps from 1 workout to another, if you want size just add accesory lifts but then again Wendler goes full autismo and goes
>hurr it's not 531 if you modify the templates
>read his programing book
>you can do 531 mains and adjust the accesories for whatever the fuck you want to do
>fucking Wendler is a troll
Technically you can do 531 as a beginner, just add 1 extra day of exposure per lift, secon day 3x75-80% RM and you're ok again neglect accesory work and it's the same as doing meme staple SS you'll T-Rex mode, no calves and no arms

Because on the internet, you get people like this.

You'd never listen to a guy like that IRL.

There are people like this on Veeky Forums giving out diet advice.

>dont know who wendler is

Another burnt out roider who doesnt know shit and switched to drugs?

Why is there a picture of Jay Park in there?

I bet you think a 2pl8 OHP is for advanced lifters only, right?
And 3pl8 is only for roiders taking 3 grams of shit per week?

>hurr it's not 531 if you modify the templates
>read his programing book
>you can do 531 mains and adjust the accesories for whatever the fuck you want to do
>fucking Wendler is a troll

Exactly the same happens with SS, and it's one of the reasons why he advises against following the advice of beginners. Only a beginner will tell you that 531 or SS are templates and not books that teach you how to make your own program.

>good coach
who said anything about coaching? OP is talking about advice, and someone with gains can tell you how they got there.

Absolutely true, I've got a buddy that had a 1300 total. But he's been experiencing pain and injury after pain and after injury for the last two years now. And he's decreased in his total, completely given up on powerlifting and just going for aesthetics. He doesn't even squat or deadlift anymore because his form was so bad, and he just powers through the bench despite the shoulder pain.

I've been looking at him and noticing his awful form these past years, but anytime I open my mouth he won't believe me b/c he can always lift more than me. So he must be doing it right, right?

because coach supercedes "advice giver" on the knowledge spectrum

This. Too many beginners I know count the bar in their lifts and inadvertently lie to other lifters and themselves about their strength.

How is that advice? Its stated like an opinion. Dumbass