QTDDTOT

Bump limit on old thread

Just started bulking after 3 months of lifting, and my lifts are still plateauing, how long to I keep at it before I switch to a non linear progression routine?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrophy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

why is my bench so shit?

185 Squat
210 Deadlift
75 OHP
90 Power clean
110 bench press

Your bench is right along with the rest of your stats. Just keep eating enough protein

back arch too small?

all of your lifts are shit

thats why he's asking you retard

I'm a DYEL but my bench is particularly lacking

Did low bar squats for the first time today. First two sets were fine but after my third one (when my form broke down a bit) I felt it a little in my back. Is this bad? I know low bar works different muscles/areas to high bar but is lower back one of them?

Do I have any choice in what I can do or is going full Statham/Corddry the only choice? Can't grow a beard to save self

1. what are the long term effects of using a fat cambered bar for OHP instead of a normal bar? I'm doing SL 5x5

2. is resting longer than 4m30s between sets (after failure) bad for some reason? I have a home gym and can rest as long as I want without interruption

how do I get a thick strong core

where's that website that you'dp ut your comkpounds numbers and see how advancedx you were?
iit died or something?

are you sure that you are bulking enough? check sleep and make sure you have off days, also deload. read up on what your routine advises you in the case of stalling

You need to be keeping your hair shorter than that at this point my man. Provided you can at least pull together a little stubble a shaved head can look aight.

systemicstrength iirc

Is this a ok routine?
Bench press
Squad
Deadlift
Concetration curls
Skull crushers
Shrugs
Lat puldown
Pull ups
Hanging leg raises
Front dumbell raises
Barbell curls
Seated calf raises
Dumbbell flyes
5-10 min cardio running
It takes me around 2 hours to complete all this.
Going 3 days a week.

Am I gonna make it Veeky Forumsbros?

Cheers, will trim down and can do the stubble

You want to be pushing your body, resting for 4 minutes is way more than necessary.

im 60 pounds overweight and ive cut out all soda and junk food. Ive been counting my calories on this app and to lose two pounds a week my calories would be around 1800. On average ive been eating around 900-1100 calories a day and ive not been hungry. Is this good or am I gonna turn into an auschwitz child soon

Currently fasting 3 days out of the week. 0 calories, water only. I'm down 18 pounds in 3 weeks so far. Haven't really done much exercise, but I want to start. Am I better off lifting weights or cardio for better use of my time?

Don't listen to this guy. Rest as long as needed so the fatigue from the previous set doesn't affect the next.

Usually "feeling it in the lower back" is a sign you're losing your tightness.

Don't lift to failure, especially on a linear gains program.

Squat, deadlift, press, bench, and row.

It's shit.

Losing weight too fast leads to losing muscle mass to shed weight. Don't dip below TDEE-500~1000.

Weights.

What's the social norm for dealing with people who claim the rack while they do other lifts away from it? Coming back every 5 mins at best

My workouts last forever. Especially when I do my biceps and triceps because they never get tired. I can do endless sets at high weights. How do I make my workouts shorter? Going heavier on curls hurts my wrists.

fuck 'em. They can't reserve racks. They're either using it or they aren't. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as they walk away they aren't using it anymore.

Check your form and make sure your triceps are on point , my bench got stuck till I got my close grip bench game on point.

What BF% can I go to while still having enough extra cals to keep getting gains.

I am currently at 20%

You are missing a lot of muscles , best you follow some beginner programs and go more then three times a week.

Granted noob gains can last up to six months so just keep working out and you will get a hang of what is a good routine.

The key is consistency , a bad routine consistency will be a flawless routine that is only done occasionally.

Lower the weight a bit and focus on hypertrophy, eight second curls are brutal.

Here is some wiki links.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrophy

Also try super setting the lifts, and lowering the rest period. This should exhaust you quicker.

Due to recent injury I can't touch weights for a bit per Dr. orders. But I'd rather get some shit done than sit like a twat.

Question is if I go on a cut are body weight exercises enough to maintain muscle while I cut or if I try to cut am I going to lose everything and then kill myself.

I'm working on a small bodyweight routine for mobility and strengthening core to do at home between days of SS.

I especially need hip mobility for getting a stronger starting position in deadlift.
I also really need shoulder mobility to bring in my hands and tighten my back in the squat.

What are your best mobility exercises for these areas?
Also only really have planks and side planks for core, any other good ones to help with strength and bracing?

How could I make my GSLP better?

A
Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1xamrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

2x12 rear laterals
(soon to be band facepulls)
25 total chins (working twords 2x10 with strict form)

After numbers get higher
Weighted chins
Deadbugs
Possibly more volume with facepulls.

B
OHP/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x5
(until it gets heavy then front squats)
Deadlift 1x5

Chest dips 3xamrap
2x6 power cleans (what rep scheme should I use? 5x3? 3x5-6?)
2x DB or EZ bar carry (Should I move this to another day, or is it best to tax the grip the most in one day, because of the small muscle group?)
C
Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Lowbar squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

2x12 rear laterals
(soon to be band facepulls)
25 total chins

After numbers get higher,
Weighted chins
Deadbugs
Possibly more volume with facepulls

Wrist rolling 2-4x A/C nights
Foam rolling back, glutes and hips, band pullaparts and band shoulder dislocations, and light shoulder plate rotations to warm up, eventually back bridges too.

What I want to do is get stronger, with a focus on back and shoulders. My goal after this is to run a strongman focused intermediate program.

How could I adjust this to suit my interest in strongman?
Could I press twice a week, two weeks in a row every now and then, to help my press progress?
Current working weight after ~3 months of playing around with too much accessory volume.
Press 115lbs
Pendlay row 145lbs (messed around with too many rowing variations until I came to really like this one)
Bench press 160lbs
Squat 220lbs (struggling to get proper form down)
Deadlift 315 lbs

I just want to be stronk, any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Adding 1x3-5 (not including warmups) deadlifts to coolcicadas PPL yae nae?
Spiders ppl looks eh, had a look at ks98's routine as well but coolcicadas routine looks really nice for me.

My chest is small and shitty. So what should I do in addition to flat bench? Sets? Reps?
Dips?
Incline flyes?
Incline db bench?

Put them first on the pull-day that has a restday after. Also i think you have to make sure that the legday 2 days prior to your deadlift workout is more quad-centric than hip/hamstrings.

Does anyone know any lower ab workouts? Fucking tiny compared to my upper abs.

Dips or close grip bench press.

Outgrew my db's and adding to my rack just gets more and more expensive. So I just start doing db's for reps once my heaviest wasn't so heavy anymore. I recently started doing 5 x 12's of 55's, then I run the rack, just because I don't have 60's and have too many expenses at the moment to keep buying heavier db's.

BUT I HAVE A CURL BAR AND PLENTY OF PLATES ON MY PLATE TREE

So.. when I use my curl bar, my left forearm hurts like a motherfucker because my left hand pushes inward at a clockwise rotation and I cannot stop doing that no matter what I do or how I hold the bar. Any tips?

Get an OB86PBCK bar off amazon for under USD 170. Make gainz.

Are chest dips safe? Or do they mess you up

Get the fuck off this abomination of a program and do SS/SL until you can't then switch to Texas Method.

Can you jog every day? my legs tend to get pretty sore right after running, but i feel like most people can run every day.

Wristlet here. Are knuckle pushups a good way to build strength in forearms or does it only harden your fist?

Important question:

Does it really matter what equipment or routine I use as long as I follow these principles?

-Eat according to goal
-Train muscles twice per week
-Progressive overload

Goal is aesthetics not strength. Machines, dumbbells, barbells, body weight - does it ultimately matter?

Why are men and women TDEE different at the same age, height and weight? Does testosterone increase metabolism? Legitimately curious about the mechanisms.

no, it doesn't matter as long as you do those principles.

people who focus on specific routines are like min/maxers in rpgs. if you want to be top tier, you have to do it. if you just want to have fun and improve, just "level up" however you want, as long as you follow the core principles of the "game"

Continue cut whilst not lifting or not?

Im going away for just over a week but will be doing a lot of walking, can i safely continue my cut without fear of losing gains.

Muscle requires calories to maintain more than fat does. Fat is more prevalent in a woman's body than muscle is.

Testosterone increases muscle mass, men have more testosterone obviously as well.

Well said. What kind of lifter are you user? Or shall I say, how do YOU play your RPGs?

I've always lifted as a secondary hobby; I lift to stay in good shape for my primary hobby of freestyle wrestling.

I don't sweat all the min-max nonsense. I find that my performance is better when I'm mixing things up every couple weeks/months, rather than doing whats "optimal".

I was T-rex mode for a while though, because I tend to gravitate to deadlifts.

how about you bud?

Can deadlifts fix APT? If not, what can?

Get a strong back; when you do, it will also produce strong hip flexors and pull you back into proper posture.

Is APT Anterior Pelvic Tilt?

If so a good way to fix it would to do lots of back and core stretches, do planks daily and some stretches.

Also doing lots of lower back work like reverse hypers and DL will help bring it all into alignment.

A week will not kill your gains. You're more likely to kill your discipline, though.

I only eat clean and have autistic level diet control, i should be fine with discipline.

I am self catering, alcohol might be the only problem.

When doing a FB routine, should I start off with Upper or Lower? Or should I mix it up to "confuse" the body?

All you upper body lifts are lagging behind the lower body lifts. Don't fall into the trex meme.

>"confuse" the body
Right babe?

Lean mass tends to be higher at the same weight on men compared to women. You'd have to compare a lean and fit woman (15-20% bf) to a skinnyfat dude who doesn't work out (15-20%bf) to get the same BMR.

I dont want to hit triceps, I want mass on my chest. I think incline flyes or incline db bench are good but wich one is better? Is 2x10-12 enough?

I'm 5'7, 140lbs with 20% bf.

Should I bulk or cut? I'm leaning towards a cut but I don't want to be spinning my wheels.

I'm getting really conflicting advice on whether or not to start with strength.

Should I do SL 5x5, or the PPLPPLx program for beginners?

have you ever worked out before?

Don't bulk or cut if you haven't. You'd be a fucking idiot to do that.

Just do a fucking recomp phase.

Post pic.
Do GSLP so you wont get T-rex mode. And actually read the book.

i used to do alot of soccer and cardio but ever since i turned 16 i started drinking, eating and smoking (for about two years). I quit the smoking 5 months ago and I haven't drunk alcohol in about 2 months.

i gained quite alot of weight to be honest (almost 10kg/20lbs) and I look like shit now.

i'm actually 147lbs (67kg) sorry poor conversion from kg

also sorry for the terrible phone pic

Yeah, no offense, but you clearly have no muscle. Don't bulk, don't cut, just recomp. Eat at maintenence and work out and your noobgains will help a lot.

Thank you for the advice.

Should I do SL or GSLP? And how much protein should I eat every day?

if I were you, I would do SL.

Just hit 100g of protein per day and you'll be fine. anything more is unnecessary at your level.

hungry skello manlet here, 110lb 5'7.
if i'm eating at a decent calorie excess at what rate can i expect to gain weight? i'm doing daily pushups, situps and squats just to get a bit fitter but my main concern is weight gain. also vegan so i'm eating a lot of peanut butter, nuts, seeds, etc.
any vegan weight gain tips also?

100% srs
is this achievable natty?

What do I do to fix neck posture? Been going to the gym for a month now and noob gains are fixing my back posture but my neck posture has stayed just as bad so im leaning forward all the time, are there any exercises I can do in the gym to fix my neck?

forget to attach pic, my goal body is based boyka ofc

Is it achievable natty is the question

if i want to cut a few kg and then bulk again, is there any chance of building muscle or strength while cutting somehow or is that just retarded? ive only heard anecdotes of this so anyone have any experience?

What exactly is water weight?
Does it make me look good?

I can't squat (even bodyweight) without leaning forward like crazy. My back will be straight, but inclined 45° or more towards the horizontal. Every form video I watch has the back almost vertical. Is this something that'll go away as I progress, or am I fucking my spine up?

I feel like my head is going to explode while doing squats, I know this is normal but how do you deal with it? Makes me want to give up after the third rep

You need to work on mobility.

Pls r8

Water weight is water retention. And it doesn't make anyone look good.

>Scott Adkins
That photo has some pretty extremely deceptive lighting and angles. I wasn't able to find any other pictures where his and traps looked that impressive. Pic related is what he usually looks like and it seems attainable natty to me.

I get it that you want to do the ohp/bench first but I recomend you do squats first. Squats is the most taxing exercise but you will still have energy for the small movements (ohp curls etc).
Are you a beginner? If so then dont do tricep work or your bench and ohp will most likely lag. Do curls on OHP day only you need time to recover. Also you dont need the leg press.

>go to gym while rocking a small flu and break squat PR
>get home, turn feverish, cold sweats, shivers, the lot
>can't train till it goes away

How can I not fuck up this unintended break?

Eat.

the dudes abs are something really impressive.

Just do long ass planks or ab wheel rollouts and get a single digit bf%. If you have the genetics for good looking abs it's easy as fuck.

I'm not a beginner. The reason the squat is last is because it's based on phrak greyskull, and I can't stand squatting every workout, that's why I use the leg press in between

One of my weakest part are the triceps, do you think that the Ohp and bench are enough?

Thanks m8

Creatine doesn't dilute well in water (5g/500ml, still find residue at the bottom a few minutes after shaking.)

Can I add it to food instead? I just mixed 5g to my 3-egg omelette

Reposting because I think I used the wrong thread like an idiot
Am I severely gimping myself if I try to get most of my calories in two meals a day instead of 3?
Poorfag at university, the way my meal plan works now is that we get 10 meals a week where a meal is pretty much unlimited access to any buffet area on campus, so I'm figuring I have to budget this to 2 meals a day and then eating out on weekends. Is this okay or will having an irregular diet like this make it harder for me to gain anything?

Why is it that on some leg days I get the extreme feeling that I'm going to vomit and go pale all while sweating a fountain?

I have yet to vomit, but it's not that alone. I know what vomiting feels like, but this is like an intense pain all around my abdominals and it feels like it would ease up if I would vomit.

Yeah I know Im also on GSLP but I still prefer squats first. But if you have the energy to squat heavy after everything its cool. Maybe squat before the accessories? As in ohp, pullups, squats, curls.
Well for me ohp and bench is enough. When I train triceps my OHP lags. But for you try for a month with tricep work and month without tricep work and see for yourself.

Also you just dont need the leg press. Squatting twice a week is enough.

>put water in mouth
>put scoop in mouth
>swallow
>chase with 8oz of water
> ez pz

I like the simplicity of your solution user

How important are vegetables? I rarely eat them

How old are you? If you're in your early twenties you're going to regret not getting enough fiber in your diet very soon.

Stopped losing weight for about 3 weeks now, haven't changed my diet or anything. I have been measuring everything and getting in lots of protein. Currently eating 1550 cal/day. Can I lower that even further without endangering myself?

stats are M, 23, 5'11", 176 lbs

I'm 21. Can't I get fiber from fruit though?

Yeah. I assumed you meant you didn't eat fruit either for some reason.

No. Meal timing doesn't make a lot of difference to mediocre lifters.

Eat your fucking vegetables.

Give it another two weeks.