/PLG/ powerlifting general

For cool tips and tricks see

instagram.com/p/BJipajxBU6Q/?taken-by=sofiaharrewallen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTQ_TLPHbmA
youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for doing rows that tax your posterior chain is a waste of time

i do rows because they are useful for the sport i do.

>calves tight cramping up because hamstrings are tight
>bitch ex won't leave me alone
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So what did we train today/are we training tomorrow lads?

>Tfw can't db row anymore because it puts too much stress on my low back as a unilateral movement

just row 1-2 times a week at the end of your session and it'll reach 2pl8 sharpish, especially if you already dl heavy.

you know what I meant nerdo >:(

UPDATED REMINDERS
>your back is better than mine
>damn right, it's better than mine

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

but f'real i was feeling more of a lower back strain than lat involvement, what gives

/what happen/

giving handys to two guys at once?

I am confident and social outside the gym, regularly go out with friends and such, I'd say I get on with most people I meet, always have a few to go out with in the weekend, had multiple relationships with real 3 dimensional women and whatever, I'm really no social outcast I don't think

being in the gym I just clamp up and don't talk to anyone, nobody talks to me. stare autistically at the wall during rests etc

I've been going to the gym too long to make friends I think, everyone comes with their friends and talk the whole time, I normally don't even chat to the receptionist. they must know me by now, I've been coming near daily for years now, too far into the "gym autist" persona to get out now. got to accept what I am, the loser that people wait ten minutes before using the squat rack after

hehe I posted it twice because the thread was dead >:} get rekt nerds

What's better? Speed DLs or paused DLs? Why?

>Fuck you (at least uuuu)
Why? Because I gave you the memeiest back workout I could think of? Or is it because I can row more than you?

>Low back involvement
Probably has to do with your set up and the unilateral nature of the movement. Try to keep as neutral and untwisted of a spine as you can.

Depends on your needs.
Because exercise selection is dependent on a lifter's weak points.

Can't sleep, feel really sick, I feel so trapped and like everything's happening too fast.
I've had reoccurring nightmares and sleep paralysis a LOT.

Lot of my mind, how do I calm down

check your email

>what happen
Ran out of weight and the reps climbed to obscene heights.

Paused because Rubish says so

we heard you last thread

I'm not your psychologist fuck knows why you're all messed up :/

I have never really done DB rows because I dont think I do them properly. It never seems like I get much lat engagement out of them

Paused nigga, reinforces positioning (especially under heavy load) like a motherfucker

The Kroc Row story

I'm not messed up though, just anxious.

>had multiple relationships with real 3 dimensional women
ffs chad no need to rub it in

>I've been going to the gym too long to make friends I think
nah Tbh mate, new people always come and go anyway
and when theres no one i regularly talk to and everyone there looks like there are fucking about i probably look the same as you

you really only want talk to people that take their training serious
just ask if they are training for anything (this is usually a no but can open up a conversation)
or even just saying they have a good squat ( people love that especially if it comes from someone stronger than them lol)
or just anything really, encourage people
try to say bye and acknowledge them when you see them there again
and then let the bant begin

people often dont talk to me because they must think im a
>dont talk to me im training
lad but then i talk to them and they completely open up and ive got a new gym friend

If a woman was wearing this at your gym

Would you punch her?

>2000 was 20 years ago

what's causing the nerves then

if it's just some big issue in your life at the moment then you'd get over it by dealing with the problem

if you're just shitting yourself about some big existential fear then I can't help with that mate sorry, go talk to a priest or something, religion deals with a lot of those types of problems

Tomorrow is the last day of sheiko medium large load prep cycle 1. Should I increase weights by 5kg after that?

Nothing like that in the description doesn't happen in my country.

its all gonna be alright lad
youtube.com/watch?v=eTQ_TLPHbmA

Cancer and stuff

I'd punch her with my dick

Public gym- comment within hearing distance about stuck up cunts

Private gym- ask for her number

>>bitch ex won't leave me alone
my ex still PM's me memes :/ also fuck you for the meme back routine, but it's bant, it's my fault for being weak kek

how obscene we talking and what do you do now?

well i mean you can do both even on the same day but to be devil's advocate:
for general athleticism, speed DLs with chains/bands a la WESTSIDE BABBY, also really helps your confidence with heavy loads in my experience

paused DL if your form is shit. also makes for good hammie training if you're lacking, but so do stiff legs and RDLs. this will probably contribute to a max attempt more than speed deadlifts though

tl;dr for /plg/ paused is better

oh well woah sorry I'm here to insult people about how much they squat sorry mate I'm out of my depth on that one woah don't come here and talk to me with problems like that no sir

I need to win the lottery

Only then can I truly be happy

family member?

of course you're a cunnyposter you fucking pedo kys

Im doing SS and I'm quite sure my weak spinal erectors and hamstrings(maybe) are limiting my squat and deadlift. My back rounds very easily in deadlift and often in squat (though thats probably a form issue I can fix)

What would be a good accessory to help strengthen back so it can be stronger under a load.

Ok, thanks.

I'd be happy getting one of those really good gets on Veeky Forums

like, straight sevens or 44444444 or whatever, one of those that gets like 50 replies and moot gives you an autographed photo and whatever

>Ex gf
It's not even memes. She's trying to have a conversation with me and I'm just not having it. Order of events: couple weeks ago, she pisses me off because she's a huge bitch, I tell her that she pissed me off/hurt me because of what she did, she gets mad at me and says she never wants to talk to me again/ is going to block me. Past couple days she's been trying to talk to me now, but she can go fuck herself. She's pulled this bullshit far too many times for me to count, and I've been nice enough to let her off. No more.

>Meme back routine
Glorious, my work here is done. You sore as shit now? Hopefully it won't impede your memegramming from a plg personality (Alex?)

You sure you're bracing properly? Watch this youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw

under stress your body naturally goes into it's strongest position

if your back rounds, what does that say about your back

Has anyone have a huge jump in weight when lowering the bar on your squat? I went from mid bar to full on low bar and I already put on 25lbs to my squat. Plus it fixed my hip pain because I sit back further now.

wait a couple minutes :^)

>(You)

>but she can go fuck herself
good lad
tell her you are with plg now

disgusting pedophile

>shorten ROM
>lift more

it's never happened to anyone ever before you're the first ever brb calling the press this is front page material this is

^^

I'm pretty sure my bracing is at least decent. I've watched Alan Thralls video on it and read about it in SS.
Wouldn't it round because my spinal erectors and back aren't applying enough force to keep it rigid? Are you implying it has to do with a weak core?

>(Alex?)
not even close ;^)

when i first switched back in 2014 my max went from 225x5 (sl5x5 days lol) to 245x5 in the same workout. low-bar isn't a meme, but it has its drawbacks

>I've been nice enough to let her off. No more.
Block her on all social media, phone, etc.

Don't be a mind-fuck-puppet. That is the female equivalent of a one-night-stand. They get off on it, I swear.

>under stress your body naturally goes into it's strongest position
Under stress, your body defaults to whatever muscles can support the load in an emergency situation. That doesn't mean that those muscles can keep you safe in the long haul.

Your bracing can always be better. Watch the video, you'll definitely learn something. It's either shit core bracing, shit lat bracing, or a combination of the two. Can you post any videos?

sean has a new victim?

>Block on all social media, etc
Already did before the fight even happened. Only thing I kept was her number, and for a few days, snapchat, but it was only because she begged me to. Blocking her number sounds good though, might as well do it.

>Are you implying it has to do with a weak core?
Yes

thanks for the 2nd opinion, glad we agree

maybe she got mad at you because you were unable to cum from her because you're a literal FAG LOL

That's hammer curls

I know you're baiting me, but that only happened with the girl I lost my virginity to. She made me cum many, many times, had some difficulty the first couple times from how nervous I was, but after that, could basically cum on command.

easy for you to say, you're married :(

How do you squat primarily? high or low?

Hahahaha whateever helps you sleep at night in that closet of yours, gayboi

sky high but its ok his fed allows it ;-)

sorry buda, had to lol

Ill post a video from a while ago once I make the webm.

>you're married
I got lucky. Hard to believe that any sane male would get married nowadays. Be selective :)

I squat high bar, but low on the traps.

Repostan from last thread

Stalled at 62.5x4 at the moment, but not too bad considering I was fatigued from squatting, benching, and sumo deadlifting before even attempting it today.

>Hard to believe
Hell yes, it's insane nowadays. Pick the wrong partner and you're fucked for life.

How's training going so far Buda? Any rep PRs you're proud of?

>Any rep PRs you're proud of?
Running the "SVR" version of 5/3/1. It combines Rep PR's, 5's volume, and singles.

Happy to finally go for "heavy" singles for the first time since my cut began.

Weighed in at just shy of 193 today, and was surprised that 415 counts at over 2x bodyweight, lol.

Training is good, for 3am. Unfortunately, I'm on the last hole that I custom drilled in my belt, and it falls off if I don't have a big belly of air :(

Time for a new belt.

You feeling better since leveling off to maintenance?

you didnt get luck, shes fucking ugly lmao

>New belt
Any idea for which one you'll get?

>Feeling better
Hell yes, still pushing myself hard, so I'm still exhausted, but it's manageable. Amrap squats feel amazing now.

Let's turn it up

yo shozey whats good my nigga

calikid

CHECK YOUR EMAIL
VERY IMPORTANT

Fuck off dino

KEK KID CHECK YOUR EMAIL NOW

I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMMIT THE OPERATION WE TALKED ABOUT

Hey guys rate my gf

72nd for sheiko needs more pulling work

nice samefag

this is me btw
HAHA

dino you're retarded, cool your autism and fuck off

TRAPPY?

not dino dumbfuck

yeah fuck off dino

try again stupid nigger

yeah fuck off dino

>which one
No. Whatever is cheap and single/double prong.

Glad you've got the lead back in your pencil again :)

Cant wait until buda goes back to school and he stops shitting up these threads with his stupid opinions

nice projection

That the jew?

250kg squat in september confirmed???????

based on what?

im gonna do it lads

based on my going from (200x3 no belt) to (200x8 no belt) within 3 days after getting back from vacation, and having a previous best of (200x6 no belt) when i hit 235x1

>back to school
We're back currently. It's going to be a great year :)

>confirmed
Why the hell not. If that's your goal, just squat every day until you hit it.

Why are you posting with a trip? Didnt think you used one desu.

I believe in you. You are strong and seem like you try hard. am I right?

>how obscene we talking
I gave up on them when I hit 50 rep sets at 150lbs. More recently I've done Pendlay-ish rows either off the floor or off blocks. Very lately, nothing. I'll probably start doing chins again.

>tfw its me
>tfw ass is too big for tights anymore

you got a nice ass, panzer

He has to make up for having babby arms

WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TODAY/TOMORROW

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TONIGHT

DID YOU DO ANYTHING FUN TODAY

WHAT ARE YOU UP TO THIS WEEKEND

I get compliments literally all the time

>WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TODAY/TOMORROW
Slingamajig. Uncharted territory.

Oh cool a Hall of Fame QB and good receiver beat a secondary that just lost their best player in a preseason game

Truly astounding stuff

>hogan
>good receiver
lol
>just lost lost
>just

lol