Does smoking make you a bad person?

does smoking make you a bad person?

No but it makes you stink and kills you slowly. Smoked a pack a day for almost 15 years

well some group in my school made a HUGE deal about this shit, and comparing smokers to a terrorist group

Smokers don't realize nobody gives shit about you smoking
And btw 99.99999% on this planet has smoked and dumb fuck keep doing it. So it's not cool, either

>inb4 le hard quitting XD benis
No fuck you fucking special snowflake lier nigger motherfucker
It's like tumblur 400+ lbs fatty claim their genetics made them fat

I've smoked 1 pack/day for 6 years then suddenly I just stopped smoking because. Then after these 3 years I felt like nothing happened. My body only feel normal after "quitting". Cigarettes make you addicted is the most Facebook normie tier lie to make people think you "phhhhhh sooooo cool XD struggle ohhhhhh"

Yes. It makes you a bad person slowly over time because it stunts emotional growth.

Over the years you will smoke during moments of stress and train yourself to suppress emotions, especially anger, with nicotine which will slowly bottle up your emotions.

This will turn you into a 40 year old grouch who complains about everything

It may be cool to smoke when you're young, but that shit will kick your ass in the long run

Smoke or not, nobody cares.

Smoked a pack a day for three years and quit on the spot because it made my breath taste stale and could not stand it. Not addicting at all and anyone who says it is hard has no will power.

No, but it makes you a second class citizen who stinks, has no willpower, supports the evil tobacco industry and doesn't care about their health.

What are you supposed to do, kick shit and cry whenever you get emotional?

No. If you want to smoke then all the power to you. But i'll punch you in the head if you tell me quitting is too hard.

I quit a few years ago, took a few tries because I didn't actually want to quit and used 'cravings' as a reason to start again because I liked it. Then when I decided to actually quit I just quit, it's easy as fuck, you have control over your own body.

No, you learn how to process your emotions like a normal, healthy human

Examples:
Processing your thoughts and emotions by talking to someone you trust

Running, weightlifting or other physical activity to vent your built-up energy

Processing your thought and emotion life through a hobby such as music, writing or some other creative outlet

Crying is also a valid, healthy emotional response to sadness

I picked up a pack of 5 cigars for $1 from an online deal. I've never smoked a cigar before but I plan to try to smoke one tonight

It's just been sitting in the plastic in the box, no humidor, nothing. I guess I'll cut the tip off with a butcher knife.

Yeah, it's like that for most things, like when it's really time to lose weight it's actually really easy, or if I have to start wearing sunscreen because I'll burn I'll do it.

Literally why do you care so much, and no mental gymnastics like "oh I might smell it for 2 seconds of my life" or "muh healthcare system"

>why do you care so much
It's not like I drive around and mutter "fucking smokers" under my breath every time I see one. I really don't care as long as the smoke isn't drifting in to my face. But the question was asked, so I answered. Hey, I said it doesn't make you bad person. Just seen as trashy. Ex-smoker, btw.

Care to elaborate? I work at a tobacconist and I'd love to hear what pleb shit you're smoking.

>protip: don't inhale

oh im sure its horrific. its called "padilla single batch perfecto".

reading some reviews of it apparently you're supposed to let em sit for like 2 months but i dont got time for that.

i honestly don't even know how to smoke it. would cutting off just the tip with a knife work?

Honestly I'd just bite it and light it. Any decent cigar shops in your area?

i have no interest in picking up smoking as a habit. i only got these because they were 5/$1

Well for $.20 a pop you could have done worse, enjoy the sticks and go slow, don't rush it. Aim for a solid puff ever 45 sec to a minute

Hey OP here yeah thanks peps this is all good info

Not if it's weed.

Crying is for nobs, like yourself. Lemme smoke a cig.

I only smoke because im very lonely it gives me a reason to be outside of my apartment for 10min every couple of hours

this is the dumbest reason ever. Just go for a fucking walk you retard and quit justifying killing yourself slowly

The only time I smoked was when I enjoyed it because the nicotine still had an effect, I was hanging out with friends that smoked, or I was depressed and smoking was a physical way for me to deal with it as a "fuck life" way of saying I won't kill myself now I'll try to enjoy it and let these do it for me kinda thing if that makes sense.

One day I realized I hated cigarettes. They're dirty, they make me feel like shit, I'd been lying to myself the whole time. I threw my pack away and quit right then and there.

No but vaping does

>make friends with dudes in college
>they smoke
>they offer me a cig one night when we're drunk
>"sure dude"
>i smoke hella weed so it's gonna be fine
>inhale, cough like a motherfucker
>embarrassing as fuck
>next morning go buy a pack so i can practice smoking them without coughing so the next time they offer me on i won't cough and they'll be impressed
>7 years later, still smoking

i'm a fucking retard

>being an emotional weakling manlet

Literally as pathetic as someone without muscles

thanks Veeky Forums been trying to quit and this really helped me. you guys are the best.

I can "quit" but I can't break alcohol and smoking together

Alcohol SUCKS without cigarettes. You can only get about half as drunk and the experience is basically just being sleepy

Nicotine withdrawal makes you temperamental and douchey, so yes.

But if it wasn't addicting you wouldn't need will power to quit....

nice one

>no one cares
>nicoMEME more like it hehe
Then throw in a buzzword or 2 and that's a solid shitpost

Yes, you smell like shit, and your teeth look like shit, so do your fingers, also wash your fucking hair, and clothes, and car.

yes /thread

>Literally why do you care so much, and no mental gymnastics like "oh I might smell it for 2 seconds of my life" or "muh healthcare system"
how is that "mental gymnastics"? smokers smell like ass even when they're not smoking and the taxes I pay go to fund the healthcare system that is overloaded partly because of smokers. how are those not proper reasons to despise smokers?

if someone smelled like shit because they didn't shower and was a fat diabetic slob you'd probably have no issue looking down on them would you?

fell for the meme

smokers cost the healthcare system less because they don't live as long as nonsmokers

you do realize that's just an urban legend smokers repeat as a circlejerk?

you do realize I DON'T GIVE A HECK PUFF PUFF

Who said I'm a weakling/manlet

Can someone, preferably a smoker, explain the appeal of smoking a cigarette?

I just don't get it.

It's cool. You're not cool unless you smoke.
Nerd.

Your dead lungs, white trash smell, and old people body

This is pretty much what my cousin said when telling us why he smoked. The guy is and always has been a grade A pleb so I wasn't surprised.

i love smoking but i hate dying

so i quit

same here, smoked for year and stopped cold turkey without a problem