Natto

Hey Veeky Forums I live in Japan and it's pretty expensive to eat protein unless I eat tofu and particularly natto (fermented soybeans). Other types of beans are pretty expensive so I don't eat them too much. One plus is I live in the middle of nowhere so vegetables are dirt cheap.
Nutrition of natto is:
1 pack (40g): 77kcal
Protein: 6.7g
Fat:3.6g
Carbs:4.7g

Should I just spend all of my money eating chicken or will this type of vegetable protein be okay?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/ask/ask-the-expert-soy
youtube.com/watch?v=7GpT6ycHoMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

R u Japanese

Buy whey on amazon

>eating soy
say goodbye to your gains, say hello to gyno

why is there so many brazilians in japan, sometimes i go see periscopes from japan and half of them are brazilians.

A bunch of Japanese people moved to Brazil in the early 1900s. The "Brazilians" you see in Japan are mostly the descendants of those Japanese Immigrants, who have moved back to Japan because Japan is nicer than Brazil

Brazil has the largest Japanese community in the world outside of Japan. So someone usually knows someone who lives/has lived in Japan. Coupled with the fact that Japan is very strict with immigration and you can't get citizenship without being descendant and you have Brazilians with jap-blood moving there.

Those are flips that migrated to Japan years ago

There are also Filipino Immigrants living in Japan. Japan is a rainbow, it's just that one color makes up like 90% of that rainbow.

Are Japanese girls all that? How do I acquire one?

I feel like a fucking dope. Thanks man.

>soy causes gyno
when will this meme die

genetics cause gyno kid, sometimes you just fucking lose at life

also to add, the only time it has caused gyno was when a man was doing GOMAD with soy milk.

Please dont' do this, you will grow bitch titties on regular milk too, GOMAD is a meme

Soy has estrogen
No meme

Phytoestrogens*
pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/ask/ask-the-expert-soy

rice + raw egg on top
natto + raw egg on top with rice on side
rice + natto + raw egg

every meal. every day. forever.

furikake to mix things up

as does a lot of other food

The only way soy will give you gyno is if you consume more than half a GALLON a day

which as a general rule, you should never be eating/drinking more than that amount of anything besides water

milk also has hormones that stimulate tit growth and I don't see you making a fuss about it faggot.

Apparently fermentation kills off all the bad stuff that's in soy products. Natto should be ok.

Get a Costco membership. Yes they have Costco in Japan

>live in a country renowned for its seafood
>HURR HOW DO I GET PROTEIN

Eat chankonabe, dude. It's what the sumo wrestlers eat to bulk. High in calories, high in protein, and it's good as hell for you. Have it with a bowl of rice and you're eating Veeky Forums with true yamato damashii.

Buy discount meats after 7pm in the grocery dude.

Eat eggs.

Eat fish.

OYAKODON

ps chiba best prefecture

yeah bro it's all good.
I usually eat 400 calories of tofu and 3 cups of soy milk a day and no gyno.
Cow's milk is what really has estrogen.

how the hell do you not come by protein in Japan, you're just not going to get huge cuts of meat or chicken breast without paying huge premiums.

like says
eat eggs, there are plenty there. eat fish, you're on a goddamn ocean. 711 sells cooked chicken fillets for cheap. costco or order protein online and just pay the price. i found a surprising lack of real gyms there other than health clubs. pork is also abundant too

Where in Japan? Who /sapporo/ here?

>lack of real gyms
Sound like a business opportunity.

There's a reason there aren't many gyms. Haven't you ever seen anime or asians irl? they're all low T manlets that idealize the slim fuccboi look or the bruce lee look

your enthusiasm and entrepreneuring sprit are nice but you should think a bit deeper next time

with the exceptions of sumos and those hunk cafes or whatever they; are most japanese women go for the tall skinny as fuck idol guys

its culture. japanese- canadian here definitely love me some high test bitches. the gf is an amazon HH tits, 6' and dat ass

You mean worse? Bacteria convert the isoflavones into dihydrogenistein and equol, which are as potent as endogenous estrogen.

弟子屈だ!こちも北海道だけど

I was lucky enough to be gifted ¥120,000 worth of plates, barbell, and load able Dumbbells along with a squat rack and bench

Planet fitness plz leave

Just some beta white male English teacher.

>Canned tuna patty - 2 water canned tunas, 20g oats, 1 egg white
>Chicken breast (see if you can find a butcher in your area, look for 精肉店)
>Bunch of Yogurt (OIKOS or ブルガリア脂肪ZERO)
>Natto
>Eringi Mushrooms (or whatever mushroom you like)
>Black beans
Import protein powder via Amazon or Just buy 5lb of MusclePharm for 6000 yen.

(((soy)))beans is a dead give away you cuck.

What

Closest butcher specializes in lamb and is 1.5 hours away (meat is more expensive than the grocery store there). There is no oikos but I do eat yogurt. Any tips for soaking beans? I used to just buy cans but they don't carry canned beans around where I live.

It's really not. You can get huge bags of frozen chicken from seiyu for like 800y.

t. Lived in tokyo for 18 months.

>lack of real gyms
There's a decent taiikukan in every city which are well equipped enough. There's also plenty of golds and anytime fitness

Closest discount grocery store is a 6hour ¥10,000 toll trip away

Seiyu is a supermarket m8. Same as life and summit.

Do you even japan?

J A P A N
A
P
A
N

how about fish? is that expensive too?

Otherwise, whey

guess i know who im hitting up next time i visit japan lol

Where in Japan man?

Osaka here.

Also, buy a slow cooker and just hit up life/kansai super near closing time and buy all the reduced meat

Go to costco stupid.

You realise thats roughly 1200US right?

yes but i read free weights

Public gyms have free weights and are 200y a visit.

>Any tips for soaking beans?
are you fucking retarded, senpai

You dun goofed. You should have become swole BEFORE going to japan.

Shit, now that you say it, my brother is 10cm taller than me (6'5). He drank liter of milk a day, all day every day, but he developed pubertal gyno. It has gone away fortunately, but it's a thin line, lol.
So he traded 10cm of height for potential gyno. Now I'm confused if I should tell my son, if I ever get one, to drink a lot of milk or not.

been drinking loads of milk for years iv never had a problem

I'm not saying it was milk. I drank a lot too. Not as much as my brother though. And I had a pubertal gyno too. Not as big as my brother though. And I got tall (6'1). Not as tall as my brother though, lol.

And your parents love you very much, not as much as your brother though.

Where I live the town gym has only machines

Mine's got a full cage, a rack and an oly area with bumpers and 3 bars. Shit's great

The majority of people just do machines, curls and bench though. See some very entertaining shit go down

>go to Japan
>hit the gym one day
>they have a whiteboard for all the racks/benches where you take a magnet to queue for what you want to use and then write down your estimated time of finish and then you have to stick around and take it within 2 minutes of the guy before you finishing
>you can't use half of the equipment if you don't do their bullshit overcomplicated whiteboard system routine

i lived in Japan for 4 years OP, as i recall, eggs, chicken and bacon were all pretty reasonably cheap

i hail from Norway though so everything seems cheap compared to here

What do you all do in Japan? How do you support yourselves?

youtube.com/watch?v=7GpT6ycHoMA