When did you start to look like you even lift? I'm aiming at 1/2/3/4 before my size will start coming through

When did you start to look like you even lift? I'm aiming at 1/2/3/4 before my size will start coming through

It was around reaching 2/3/4/5 that I needed to move into large shirts

Thanks to being a manlet I look pretty muscular on just 1/2/2/3

Thanks to being a chubby bean I don't look like I lift aside from legs

Pretty new to Veeky Forums. What is this x/x/x/x ?

It refers to the number of plates you can lift on your lifts.

1/2/3/4
1 plate on overhead press
2 plates on bench press
3 plates on squat
4 plates on deadlift

It's like 1,2,3,4 plates for your ohp, bench, squat, dead

>benching what you squat

Lmao

so 60kg, 100kg, 140kg and 180kg respectively?

6 months into it.

80kg bench
120kg DL
90kg squat
50kg OHP

Thinking back, before i even hit these numbers i looked like i lifted. At least when you looked at my core/shoulders/chest and legs. My arms remained lanky though.

yes

Took me a year at 6'3''
at 6 months I looked bigger but still dyel 2bh

~ 6 months in and I'm fairly happy with most things except my bench, which is exceptionally low but has been improving recently

(5 reps)
90kg Squat
110kg Deadlift
42kg OHP
52kg Bench

5'8"
68kg

I still look DYEL as fuck. Added some accessory work in recently with a higher rep range to try to get some more mass. Can anyone vouch for this approach?

Are you on a cut? Because your progress is really slow.
Also post pic I need more material for my T-Rex folder.

Exclusively whenever I drink creatine and or have a pump

.75/1.5/2.5/3/5

>hey user, you've gotten bigger!
>go home and look at the mirror
>absolutelydisgusting.png
>tfw you just got fat

My progress is not slow. I just started off very weak. Something like:

45kg squat
60kg deadlift
20kg OHP
40kg bench

also yeah I got natural them t-rex aesthetics. u jelly lad?

About two years, advantages of being 5'10.

Its very slow. But if youre cutting I get it.
If not you should be adding 2,5kg every workout to your OHP and bench.

Dude you can't expect your body to adapt to be able to lift an extra 2.5kg to 5kg every single week. I never got how people think this is a realistic expectation.

Its not every week, its every workout you idiot.
How is it unrealistic hundreds of people have done it (me included) and people still do it. Its not just coincidence that SS, SL, GSLP are the most used beginner programs. They get results fast with linear progress.
If this is bait you got me fucking good.

It works at the beginning but 6 months in I highly doubt it will (at 2.5kg/workout).

So I workout 3 days a week alternating 2 different workouts aba/bab.

Let's say my bench is 50kg. If I add 2.5kg every single workout as you suggest, my bench would go from 50kg to 67.5kg within 1 month. Within two months it would be at 85kg. I seriously do not believe that this is a realistic expectation.

Like this guy says it will work at the beginning as you get nooby gains and your body finds how strong it is. But you can't reasonably expect to add 2.5 every single workout after 6 months.

So you are saying you did linear progress on bench and stalled on 52kg? Im legit mad rn. Are you eating enough? Are you sleeping enough?
I went from the bar 20kg to 80kg 3x5 in 8 months and my diet was shit.

Dont fucking encourage him. This little fucker must be doing something horribly wrong for him to stall on 52kg bench

is 1/2/3/4 for grills too

fucking hell, i can see myself hitting 1/2/3 pretty soon, but fucking 4pl8 deadlift man, my grip usually bails before my form at 3pl8

Naw maybe I should have explained the whole thing but I guess it was a chore to type out. I guess I have to now since I'm getting grilled.

I started off in some pleb gym which had safety catches on the power station. Because I was so afraid of guillotining myself I used the catches but they stopped around 3/4 of a foot away from my chest so I spent the first 3 months of training doing shitty half-reps and getting almost no progress out of it. Eventually I gave it up because I was getting nothing out of it.

About a month and a half ago I moved to a different gym which had safety catches that stopped just around my chest so I finally got the full range of motion. Eventually when I was confident enough I got rid of the catches and I bench without them now. I started off at around 40kg bench then and it's gone to 52kg since.

So basically I haven't stalled on 52kg bench I've really only just brought it into my workout. This is why its so low.

Remember 1234 is for reps not 1rm. Use hook grip

seriously fucking doubt it, men and women are not on the same scale in terms of strength

and even among men the scale differs when there's a huge gap in bodyweight

yeah i know, i never do 1RM, bragging lifts are for pussies

and yeah i use hook grip on 3pl8+ but i still got a weak ass grip, i should probably get one of those grip trainer thingies

thought so, thanks

Okay now I get it. You can refer yourself as noob on the bench wich means you can use linear progress on it. Add the 2,5kg every workout if youre afraid of failing a rep use the safeties, ask a spot or dont use clips and dumb the weigth.
It is a proven fact that LP works, dont be a pussy and grind the same weigth for weeks. Eat 300kcal above maintanence sleep 8-10h.

Ik those feels

Dont buy those things you squeeze, they are useless. Heavy farmer walks and when you DL just hold it for a while.

They're actually pretty decent for overall grip strength if you get proper ones.

I've been using heavy grips for about 8 months, they are not a meme. My forearms and grip strength have increased considerably since I started training just be sure to buy the captains of crush and not heavy grips (COC grippers are more accurately calibrated than heavy grips)

Have you ever tried Fat Grips for farmers walks and deadlifts? Not sure which item would help with grip strength more but I'd imagine the Fat Grips would be a bit better?

you won't look too out of the ordinary and 1/2/3/4.

once i got to that for reps or 1.5/3/4/5 1rm, everyone began calling be swole or jacked, kids calling me sir,etc.

it's weird because im only 19 and people seem to show you more respect when you look fit/big.

for girls, the equivalent is .5/1/2/2.5. it's pretty much half of what a male can do

1/2/3/4 is for reps though. And if you got this you won't look dyel. Probably even less.

I've hit 1/2/3/4 for 1s, and 3 on the squat, I'm a gangly 6'0, and i look "ottermode" rather than actually muscular

hitting 1/2/3/4 for reps as a manlet makes you look gigantic

This is more or less accurate. Women also can only put on about 1lb of muscle per month as opposed to 2lb for men.