Calisthenics

Calisthenics.
Bar brothers.

What's the downside? Why would I want to use a gym over some nice outdoor cardio and a simple bar?

Legit quesiton. I'm looking to get toned - I'm pretty slim at the moment (23 y.o.)

pic unrelated

calithenics is perfect for this
only problem are legs
you need heavy weight for legs.

just do sprints every fucking day.

it's up to you

i prefer the gym because it allows you to target specific parts of your body easier, but going to the gym has it's downsides.

Eh I don't really want big legs. Just fit slim legs, so cardio maybe?

Is BarBrothers program in particular worth the $50?

what the fuck is that? BarBrothers? Get the fuck out of here with that meme shit

just go to /bwg/ thread or (god forbid mentioning it here) reddit's bodyweight general subreddit to find routines.

That pic unrelated is making me irrationally angry

>What's the downside?
Different kind of fitness. A lot of anons like the idea of lifting heavy shit, so we talk about that. Bodyweight fags look slightly different, but there isn't really any downsides as such.

Also, another user mentioned you may have trouble getting strong legs. There are a few leg exercises you can do bodyweight, but from memory sprinting is good for legs too. Can't remember where I read it, but your body reacts to fast sprinting in a way almost similar to squats; may be worth trying.

>that pic
I tip my fedora to you, m'lady

/r/bodyweightfitness/ is alright actually, much more active than /bwg/

Wtf. Whoever wrote that clearly doesn't know what conformist means.

Barbells allow you to load incrementally for all eternity, in as small or large increments as you need.

Bodyweight is better than nothing, but it'll only take you so far before it can't really take you any further. Your body will eventually become adapted to the limited stresses you can place on it with bodyweight exercises and won't get any stronger.

>toned

REEEEE

Ex-calisthenics bro here.
Don't fell for street workout meme.

In all seriousness, dem lats doe.

Sprint uphill and pistol squats.

well no shit if you're measuring your street workout skills on a weight lifting metric

That's one of the most autistic pictures I've seen in a while. Wearing a suit when you're not obligated to do so is beyond try hard. Nothing more cringe than a young guy going for a 'classic' look.

Wow user, that's impressive, how long did it take you to get there?

whats a proper casual outfit? I am not wearing a suit all the time

~2 years
Also people mire more when you can do a couple one hand pull ups than anything.

They're both sheep, one just thinks he's more important than the other.

get out of hear you flying squirrel fuck

>toned

Got described as a sheep huh

You sound like you haven't done calisthenics. For upperbody, you can keep increasing leverage pretty much just as long as you can keep adding weight for bar- and dumbbells before your body just can't take it anymore.

>flying squirrel fuck
oh my kek

fitness is free brah,

I really don't get it... with so much info nowadays, why would someone pay for shit like this

>Why would I want to use a gym over some nice outdoor cardio and a simple bar?
Because I enjoy lifting more than outdoor cardio and bars?

are you a farmer?

no? then wear a suit

baaaaaaah

are you a shark or a sheep

You sound like you don't know how programming changes as you get stronger.

You can train to increase your strength with barbells literally your entire life if you know how to program effectively. There isn't a point at which your body 'can't take it anymore.'

There WILL be a point at which your body won't adapt anymore on calisthenics because you won't be able to incrementally load against your own bodyweight forever.

If it could, calisthenics would have results comparable to weight training for sports conditioning, which it doesn't. Football teams stopped using it decades ago because barbell trained teams would wipe the floor with them.