Genetics are everything

If you have a wide iliac crest, you are screwed for life, thats bad genetics for you, you can add muscle, make your lats and shoulder wider, and it would still look weird.

the guy in the picture has some pretty wide iliac crest. not only that, his waist is narrow, which accentuates his wide hips even more by creating an hourglass shape to his torso

when i see people like this, who despite being lean and having some muscle, still cannot look good, it just proves to me how genetics are everything

I know right ? What's the point ? xD

If your point is that it's pointless to lift with bad genetics, you're just as dumb as the people who consider it a waste of time to lift since we're all going to die anyway.

Bad genetics or not, death or not, lifting is still better than not lifting.

>tfw I look like this guy

GODDAMMIT GROW OBLIQUES FUCKING GROW!!!!!!

I'd rather be built with shitty genetics than fat with them.

You actually want to stop the oblique training. It adds to this look.

NO DUMBASS.If you have wide and skinny hips (OP's pic) you're gonna look so shit you'll want to kill yourself
Squat and dealift HEAVY and perhaps you too can have a core like this fuckboy.

> it just proves to me how genetics are everything
Really? If you had sufficiently different genetics, you could've been born an Eel. Who'd have thought!

Oh yeah, he looks like utter shit. Bet all the women start dry heaving when he takes his shirt off while you fucntional strength guys just point and laugh.

>Just realized I'm a skeleton inside

>were all gonna die anyway
>why do something that makes you happy or look better

Strong logic m8

I've wide hips compared to my friends, but my shoulders are way wider so I couldn't care less.

Just lift and live fit. Fuck genes, man. Put some muscle on your body and gain some inner strength.

Kek will smile upon your hard work and you'll make it.

So you with fucked up genetics
OR
you with with fucked up genetics except jacked
Up2Ufamalamadingdong

>Squat and dealift HEAVY

If you train lower body excessively while having wide hips you'll end up with this kind of body

this chick is ugly 1/10 i'd fuck her in the dark

Upper body shows zero signs of training and he didn't cut at all. If he lost the fat he'd just look like a runner. He might not even have to train upper body.

Basically: The only reason he looks weird is because he hasn't lost the fat. You only think he looks stupid because he doesn't have abs.

can anyone actually explain the genetic meme since I hear everyone saying "genetics is nothing bro just work hard and b urself"
hard mode: no broscience

what are you referring to? there are tons of things you're born with that can make or break your aesthetics. just like you're born with a face that looks a certain way, you're also born with a body that looks a certain way (bone structure, muscle insertions, symmetry etc). you can increase the size of the muscle bellies and lose body fat and make fairly dramatic changes that way, but in the end you're limited by what you were born with.

Does that also include strength capacity?

of course. benedict magnusson said he worked up to a 4 plate deadlift the first week in the gym. rip had a novice trainee who ended his novice squat progression in the 500s.

it's obvious that some people are just stronger than others. it would be extremely surprising if we all had the same strength potential given how different people are with everything else

>wide iliac crest
>narrow waist
>lats won't grow

Just praying to God I somehow transition into fridge mode the more I lift. It's the only half decent outcome I have left.

Would be surprising, but blaming genetics is frowned upon due to insecurities of society itself. You can lift hardcore and not be a lazy potato, but still get called one over using actual facts to damage control your disappoint with yourself.

When did Veeky Forums buy into this bullshit?
What you're talking about is largely a social construct

So much this, why is not everybody getting this?