What's the deal with "cero calorie" soft drinks?

What's the deal with "cero calorie" soft drinks?

Are they acceptable in a healthy diet?

Bonus points for scientific studies. I've found nothing.

>inb4 aspartame gives you cancer
>inb4 it spikes your insulin

>inb4 drink water, tastes better and healthier
Stop trying to fool yourself, you know it's full of chemical shit

In terms of weight control, yes they are acceptable.

In terms of """"health"""", like anything, moderation is key. One a day probably won't have any negative effects. But if you're drinking only diet drinks, you might get some negative effects, but there isn't exactly any solid evidence that diet drinks are harmful. Its all conspiracy sites that post the shit about aspartame etc..

Hey OP, I honestly don't know. I've been on them for years. But they definitely can't be good for you.

I decided to start collecting the cans of diet soda I was drinking, and look what happened just after a few months of collecting the cans I was drinking.

I've decided to go cold-turky, only drinking water and skim milk from now on.

inb4 autistic anti-diet drink rage

Why not tea and coffee as well

They're perfectly fine, but if you have dependence on sweet drinks and can't drink water on its own its a concern.

Water, zero cal vitamin water (no sucralose or aspartame), black coffee, and tea are the only acceptable zero calorie drinks.

>inb4 tea and coffee have calories
If you drink enough of either to accumulate more than 10 cals a day you're drinking way too much.

i dont drink tea or coffee, never have, never will

OP here. I only drink water. I don't even like that much soft drinks. But they seem like a good alternative when going out with friends.

Just thinking about the possible downsides and how it would affect to people that drink this every day. At least they are not drinking a shithton of sugar.

Ok

Water
Coffee
Tea
Coconut Water

get seltzer water and flavor it with fruits and vegetables. maybe even splash some cranberry juice in there

Technically, water is also full of chemical shit.

>dem hydrogen bonds
>natrium as an electrolyte

>been only drinking water (and kefir)for 3 years now
>have zero cheat days and feel okay
>always receive the toppest of keks when I see fucks like op "struggling" with something that is so easy to quit

Lol, some of you will never make it. Why dont you get to the fraud thread next and try to get buff while still being a lazy fuckwad?

It's zero cal. Drink as much as you want. It's basically the closest thing to real magic. FDA has shown that for it to be dangerous you'd have to drink like 24 gallons a day for 10 years or some shit. Everyone who freaks about aspartame didn't say shit when it was called NutraSweet. Drunk up senpai

>it's full of chemical shit

"ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT!!!"

You can't have it both ways.

lol if you cant afford to have a can of regular soda with dinner, Either you suck at nutrition planning or dont work out hard enough.

Carbonated drinks kill my Bjj cardio. Tested and proven.

>"ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT!!!"

if you believe this then you are an utter cunt and a fucking idiot

then fuck off you prick, you have been offered a solution and dismiss it immediately

you should die

>it spikes your insulin

that glorious type 1 diabetes feel

>You can't have it both ways.
>Implying weight loss advice is the same as health advice
I'll have it "both ways" please, if that means unhypocritically accepting both pieces of information.

Water is full of dihydrogen monoxide. It's so full of chemicals that the water molecules continuously dissociate into hydroxide and hydronium ions and then back into water. Imagine what that does to your body. It's like muscle confusion but worse.

... so... half of Veeky Forums?

>tfw i made it going clean from all soda shit
>tfw becoming a true tea and coffee connisseur nerd
>tfw its even fun, tasty, healthy and cheaper

Fucking thank you. Anyone who thinks diet soda is going to harm you is a fat, dyel faggot who needs to do some research.

arguments against a slice of lemon in water?

>>inb4 aspartame gives you cancer
>>inb4 it spikes your insulin

I don't think you can actually claim "inb4" on valid arguments.

both are proven false
do your research

Fucking teaboo.

Don't give a fuck. I need something sweet to drink while I browse /pol/

Makes the red pill go down easier.

The downsides of these drinks, aside of the fact that they're full of chemicals, is that your brain is conditionned and always associate sweetness with a large amount of energy.
As your body will not receive that energy your brain is expecting, you'll devellop some sort of extra hunger.

If you can control yourself to not eat more than you really need, it's completely ok.

its the masterrace of boos

Bro science: i get depressed when i drink a lot (1.5 liter a day) no cal. I have not noticed this with water or normal cal.

This is what we call an overreaction.

No one believes this about anything other than weight loss, do they?

I drink anywhere between 16-48 ounces of diet/zero cal pop a day. While I'm trying to lower that, I can only imagine how much worse off I'd be if it was regular pop.

I don't drink water. Never have, never will.

>you have been offered a solution and dismiss it immediately
A solution for what?
He never said he needed help

Water is GOAT but diet soda is a close second

>ITT: MUH CHEMIKILLZZZZ