Daily reminder if you don't cook you're cucking yourself out of easy and cheap healthy food

daily reminder if you don't cook you're cucking yourself out of easy and cheap healthy food
>he actually buys whey protien
kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQbu5rbdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's hard because a lot of vegetables and herbs expire within a week
and i have to deal with portion sizes, what if i buy too much and end up not using it

i don't want to go to the grocery store all the time

I cook and buy WPC as well.

Then again I am in Australia, food is insanely expensive no matter what kind of food you buy.

To give an example, for $10 USD of stuff from McDonald's in the United States, you'd need to spend about $40 USD in Australia at McDonald's to get the same amount of food.

The CHEAPEST chicken breast I could find in Australia is about $10/per KG. In the US it's bout $3/per KG.

Where I live whey is the cheapest form of protein avaliable by a large margin.

True.
Cooking/meal prep is just as important as what goes on in gym.

Weighing your food is equally important.

I got whey as a backup if I'm short on protein and can't go grocery shopping. Frozen cod, too.

>tfw got an eating disorder and can't weigh food/count cals anymore
eh whatever i'm not fat at least

I know how to cook
I dont know what to cook

Help me

I know how to cook, but I don't have a car yet and I can't be walking over to the grocery store every three days.

Pretty sure everyone falls for the supplement meme in the beginning

whey is cheapest calories+protein i can buy dyel boi.

I only use whey. Very convenient and cheap source of protein and calories.

Used a mass gainer before. Easy, convenient and cheap calorie dense solid food substitute.

Should i even bother on a diet if i am only doing bodyweight training?

Basically this. I tell my friends now to just get their protein intake from actual food and not powder, because in order to get your daily protein goal you will naturally be forced to eat healthier foods. I will add though that protein powder is good for covering up bad diets, you can eat an entire bag of chips every day then slug back 4 scoops and still hit your macros, but that isn't as good as eating better and getting the micros as well from a good diet.

>read 1 million posts like this
>go buy fresh food and cook it
>it costs more than eating out

I've lived in both countries. The cheapest chicken breast in Australia is actually edible. In the US it tastes like absolute shit and is difficult to keep down. I pay roughly the same amount for groceries here as I did back home.

I'd tend to agree with you op. I know many guys who rely on the old chicken brown rice and broccoli combo and they just eat that over and over again. If I ate that meal day in and day out I'd probably be so miserable I'd just quit.

Luckily I can cook very well so I'm always trying out new delicious recipes to make the gains.

meat
vegetables
grains

quantities that fit your macros

it pretty simple user

My bullshit detector is going off.

You're doing something wrong.

I'm poor as fuck and get majority of my protein from tuna and whey if I feel I've been eating too much tuna.
Chicken whenever possible in replacement of both.

Term
>dont have easy access to a kitchen
Holidays
>parents dont understand what a calorie surplus is, and think 100g of protein is ridiculous

>try to make the salad that I usually buy at the salad bar
>taste like shit
>spend 2x more for the same shit at the salad bar
>taste 100x better

i swear to god they spray fucking liquid crack on the salad or something bros.

it's called dressing

I could maybe save $3-4 buying non-organic produce, but this is only two days of vegetables and it already costs more than two burritos from the food truck in the grocery store parking lot.

you're shopping at the wrong place

>complains about overpriced groceries
>pays $3/lb for broccoli
Learn to shop mate.

>go to a nutritionist
>gives me a diet that I have to follow exactly
>ostrich and shrimps everyday
>asian fruits that I've only heard once in my life
>if I want to eat anything normal, I have to cook them in a particular way that takes 3 hours
>any alternatives for those meals are even more expensive

I have high body fat, but I'm not a fucking bedridden sumerian monk with cancer living in a golden castle. I know I can't make a diet to save my life, but this is ridiculous.

>not living in Canada where calories are easily measured in volume

I seriously fucking lol thinking about you guys having to weigh everything like it's a fucking job, meanwhile I conveniently scoop out one cup of pasta and know exactly what I'm getting.

>falling for the nutritionist meme
you know that all you need is kcal in

>2 days worth of veggies cost more than 2 meals worth

Next you'll tell me $5 is more than $1

>bag fee
>shopping at Whole Wallet

DMV hipster numale detected

the best part is, you can get all of those nutrients from anywhere, not expensive sources.

Nutritionists are full of shit, especially because most of them dont test for genetics when its fairly cheap to do so

>In the US it tastes like absolute shit and is difficult to keep down
lol ok princess

does variety in diet matter? Literally 99% of my diet is just a multivitamin, boiled chicken breast, rice, and broccoli. Sometimes ill switch it up and have sweet potatoes or carrots. is this ok?

I'm looking for alternatives for my diet since I'm lifting heavier than before. I also added cardio to 3 of my rest days to see if I can calm down my shitty hunger but, while I don't pig out on junk food, I seem to have some issues measuring food.

lol whey is literally cheaper than food

If you grew up in the US you probably can't taste the difference.

I have a very healthy diet but to optimize gains I still take 1 scoop of protein 2x a day.

Not taking protein powder at all is just as bad as taking 4-5 scoops to cover a shit diet.

>60 eggs is 6 bucks at Walmart

I have a food scale but it just seems like such a fucking chore to use it. Like when I eventually do weigh my stuff I feel like I'll just want to make a huge spread sheet of everything so I can just refer to that instead of constantly weighing and adding everything up.

i'm jelly

Do you weight your food before or after cooking it?

not him, but do it before. Especially for shit like chicken breast, the nutrition facts are usually for raw chicken.

Before.

>I feel like I'll just want to make a huge spread sheet

That's a great way to start planning meals and making recipes, except.

>so I can just refer to that instead

You still have to weigh shit.

I personally don't mind it, but my scale emits a loud beep when it turns on and my dogs do not approve. Tough shit for them.

who is this cutie

Camila Five

follow a recipe, and start cooking, you'll figure out where you have an excess and know how to buy accordingly or how to cook that excess into a small meal you could either have in-between meals or as a snack.

>not buying whey as a quick meal when you don't have time to cook

you are a gullible moron who deserves all this shit

Portion size is my problem as well, I want freshly cooked meals regardless if I have to spend 20-40 min preparing or going to the grocery every week. But most of the time I cook too much and have left overs enough for 4-6 meals.
Too bad we don't have those groceries that sell ingredients for a dish for 1 serving like they do in some european countries.

Either I or gf cook and I also own a restaurant

always wondered this, I always count the macros that's on the label never though if it was cooked or not

what's the difference?

>you are a gullible moron who deserves all this shit

user it's not okay to call yourself shit. have some self esteem

youre buying the wrong shit, because I did the math of caloies per $$$ and cooking yourself wins everytime as long as you arn't buying expensive shit

>never though if it was cooked or not
>what's the difference?

Ideally, grilled or roasted food will have the same calories as raw, but less moisture. Salt does not add calories, just sodium.

Herbs/spices can add calories, but only if a shitload are used. 100g of rosemary, for example, adds around 131 calories, 6g of ground black pepper adds 15 calories.

Rubs, glazes, and any other "special seasoning" are what can fuck you over with roasted meats.

my waifu

I just throw it in a pan with a bit of olive oil and that's it(for the chicken), dont even count the oil since most just evaporates and has worked so far for me

There's still some debate as to whether oil is actually absorbed by food.

>born in 1997

eh, it's good anyways(healthy fats)

>not buying vegetables at farmers market
>not buying cheap cuts from your local butcher
>not buying beef protein isolate instead of whey
>not going paleo on cut week

are you literally stupid

>not buying beef protein isolate instead of whey

Enjoy your gelatin

>he wastes 40 minutes to cook and clean

>not having a girlfriend that does it for you

>Can't weigh food or count calories

Who the hell enforces that

eggs are 50 cents for a dozen at my farmers market

>dont like eggs

what do

blowjobs

youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQbu5rbdQ
>I dont like it too soft, I like it a little rough
>1997

become a vegan you fag

You shouldn't bother with anything if you're doing bw training

your freezer is your friend, user

>60 eggs = 360g protein = 60g protons/dollar
>2.2lb myprotein ($20 or less) whey @ 20g/scoop ~ 4000g protein= 200g protein/dollar.

??

>60g protons/dollar

protons are expensive, user

not when you isolate them