How do you make friends when you work 9 to 5?

How do you make friends when you work 9 to 5?

Is the gym an acceptable place to make friends at?

You don't make friends; you make acquaintances and they (potentially) evolve into friends over time.

But to answer the question, yes it is.

Yep.
It's hard breaking through the acquaintance to friend stage. I always feel very awkward trying to bridge that gap and come up with some kind of conversation or something that separates very basic gym discussion to something with a little more substance.

no its were i go to be lonely and hang out with other lonely people.

Just ask them about their day at the appropriate moment. People love talking about themselves.

Work friends, they work with you, get to know them and that friendship can last a long time

This.
Just keep chit chatting with people and if you're not autismo, eventually you'll have an opportunity to see that person outside the gym.

For example, there was a big roider at gym that was always there when I trained. Eventually I went ahead and talked to him because I had questions about steroids.
Everytime I'd see him after that, I would either "head nod" at a distance to say hi, and if I happened to train close to him, I'd ask him general training advises. Quickly we began talking about non-fitness stuff, girls, music, whatever.
And several weeks later, he told me "hey btw, I'm throwing a party at my place this friday if you wanna come"

And now he's my friend :3

Be grateful you don't work nights like me. My life is pretty much gym work sleep repeat. No social life.

How do I make friends if I'm autismo? I'm not actually but I find talking to people and doing the whole learning names and stuff about people cringe and I don't like doing it. I'm in college and I hate the idea of walking up to someone and introducing myself and talking to them. This is probably also partially due to me having no confidence in myself. How fix? I'm trying to fix my confidence shit but that's a whole other beast on its own. How do I make friends considering how I feel about meeting people?

cute story! :3

:3 im also i trap
:3
:3
hehehe

I can kind of relate but you have to understand that introducing yourself and meeting people is not "cringe."
That's kind of like saying telling a waiter at a restauraunt what you want to eat is cringe. How is anybody supposed to know stuff about you if you don't tell them anything and vice versa?

The only real advice I can give is fake it till you make it. Introduce yourself. Tell people your name/ask for theirs (not just out of the blue obviously but when the time is right.) Completely basic stuff. And keep in mind that it's just you and your warped world view that thinks that stuff is cringe

Unfortunately, the only way to feel better about meeting people is to meet people. If you're not comfortable introducing yourself, find a group activity where other people will take the initiative. The book "how to win friends and influence people" is a good read. It's got guidelines you can fall back on so you won't totally blank on what to do socially.

>be friendless
>one day decide to buy motorcycle
>join local motorcycle forum
>they have organised rides a few times a week, anyone from the forum is welcome to join
>meet at gas station, like 10 ppl there, introduce myself and make motorcycle small talk
>ride for 2 hours, stop at restaurant to eat, chit chat some more, ride back home
>ride with them everytime I can. Also go to the non-riding events (ie: meeting at a bar to watch UFC)
>friendsacquired.mkv

I'm glad for you user.

This is an excellent way to make friends having a hobby will give you acess to others with that hobby and give you some common ground to build a relationship on. Good work user

Go to small events nearby.

Thanks lads

what kind of bike did you get

Who needs friends anyway, I prefer discussing stuff with anonymous people on the Internet

2003 gsxr 600cc, had a good price and it was very well maintained. It's also a big plus with the ladies. I'm not saying you'll get laid because you have a motorcycle, but instead of some traditional "let's go to the movies" or "netflix and chill", you get to take em out of the city, into the mountains and shit, and the whole time she's grabbing on to you and you can feel her breasts pushing against your back. Girls like to go on "adventures" and the physical contact from riding makes it more natural if you wanna escalate the situation later, like she's used to touching you, you know?

The community I joined is mainly for sportbikes and everyone is 20-40 y-o

This

The graveyard grind never ends