Who here Leg Press Master Race?

Who here Leg Press Master Race?

Or did you fall for the MUST DO SQUATS meme promulgated by Rippetoe and his mindless followers?

This is bait

I think squats are more fun but I'll leg press to mix it up or when it's crowded and all the racks are taken

Single leg leg press is a good accessory. Other than that, the machine is useless

in b4 someone posts that gif of a girl breaking both her knees on a leg press machine

literally a deathtrap

Why not both?

And leg press is the one lift that can literally kill you

Is 400lbs good for leg press for a novice?

Is there anyone who has been squatting heavy for more than a couple years whose knees haven't been completely BTFO?

>b-but they're t-totally safe if you just use perfect form on every rep

notice how only fat asses use the leg press machine ? Squats are and always will be superior .

I'm at 2 years and my knees are fine. The older guys at my gym have more hamstring problems than anything

>not bench press
I'm fairly sure there are more deaths related to bench than leg press.
that's not to say that leg press isn't dangerous; it absolutely has more than enough potential to snap your fucking legs into oblivion.
But I don't think I've ever heard of a death from the leg press. on the other hand, I certainly have heard of deaths by bench press

Leg press is an assistance lift or a main if you have herniated disc or upper body injuries preventing you from squatting.

All lifts can literally kill you.

Agreed. Too many people neglect their hamstrings and it hurts them.

HeJustThrewTheFishingPole.jpg

Leg Press + Sumo deads = GOAT leg routine

I've been doing nothing but squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, bench press, and cleans for 6 years and my knees are doing great.

If you let it fall it'll won't crush you, they have built-in safeties that stop it before it gets to the dangerous point. If I'm going deep it'll bump it sometimes, I doubt it would result in more than a strain if you failed a set.
Depth matters more than weight, anyone can quarter-rep huge amounts of weight.

RIP all the brave people that died valiantly doing dumbbell curls

I used to do leg presses but then I read that they're actually bad for your legs and can fuck them up pretty badly.
How true is that?

I've been lifting for almost 3½ months and I can attest to the fact that they are completely safe.

Literally anything on earth can kill you. Yes, you could be killed doing curls.
Is it likely to happen? No. Same with leg press as long as you're not a complete dumbass.

I can usually feel my ribs being stretched to a dangerous point when I do it

good to hear. I am about 2 years in doing the same except I don't clean. My knees are also doing great.

>more deaths related to bench

Especially if you're about to testify against Hillary Clinton.

Literally everyone who squats correctly, myself included.

kek

Isn't bench press the only lift that has ever caused fatalities?

No amount of leg press weight is relevant

>implying this is a real thread
>implying OP isnt just wanting someone to post the leg break gif

Just do it so he can save it and delete this shit

Well I dont fall for 3x5, 5x5, max memes. Been doing 3x10 since 1pl8. Doing 270 3x10 slow and controlled. I also squat over the toilet while I wipe my ass, more gains.

I'm 35 and have been squatting heavy for a very long time and my knees aren't just fine, they're waaay better than my peers who didn't lift heavy.

I also have a 51 year old coworker who also has good knees and has been squatting heavy for longer than most of you have been alive.

This myth is like the myth of deadlifts destroying your back.

The whole purpose of strength training is to make your body stronger over time. If you're not in better condition than you would be without lifting, congratulations, you're a moron and you've been doing it wrong for decades.

I have bursitis on my right knee so I'm avoiding power cleans and running in the mean time, supposedly it takes 6-8 weeks to heal. It's not from lifting heavy though, it's just my genetics. I have a high patella and muscle imbalances due to not doing enough accessory work for my inner quads, hip adductors and calves.

Don't worry about blowing your knees, just do everything in proper form, and do accessory work to fix muscle imbalances.

pyramid a few sets of leg press after heavy low rep squats

i do leg press on lower body volume days after front skwats

calm ur tits

3x5 and 5x5 work great for plenty of people, not just memes

still having nightmares of beheading myself while doing bench press.

kek

There is nothing wrong with that. The thought or idea you could die any moment while lifting is what makes you strong to begin with.

Dorian Yates

Well, I was a big squatter in my early days. That’s what everyone did and it was macho exercise as well. It was like if you don’t squat then you are not even a real man. That was the attitude in the gym. And, of course, Tom Platz was the big guy around back then, with his massive legs and his preaching about squats. But there were times when I was forced to look at alternatives – from the free weight squat anyway.

I would always pre-exhaust before I got onto the compound exercises, but I did leg press, and hack squatting, or squatting on a Smith machine instead of going to squats. And I found I got much better development from these exercises than from just heavy squatting. It depends a lot on your structure, but it (the squat) didn’t suit me. So hack squats, leg presses and pre-exhaustion with leg extensions.

Right here bro.

Protip: knees are designed to bend.

Leg press devastated my sacroiliac joints. Had to take a month off before resuming normal squats. Now no more pain and stronger legs.

>isolated excercise vs. full body excercise

Too true.

do you do ATG, slightly below parallel, or parallel squats?

I keep getting conflicting info, and I want someone who has a lot of experience tell me how they did it

Late,but somehow still inb4 that webm of a girls knees getting mashed up from using a leg press machine wrong and locking out her knees

Is Romanian deadlift a good excersise for hamstrings or is it too dangerous for your lower back to be worth it?

Heavy squats low reps followed by dropsets on leg press is GOAT (and/or will make you puke)

Do you guillotine press? Because with a normal bench press, the bar travels to your chest in most of the ROM