Can you get big legs without squatting (without any squats)?

Can you get big legs without squatting (without any squats)?

For some reason it's easy to spot the one who goes heavy on the leg day and the one who takes it easy. Everyone CAN get big legs but not everyone WANTS to do what it takes.

Leg press
Deadlift

the point of the squat is that it trains almost the whole body as a system. it's well known in training circles, but not proven scientifically, that this works a lot better for gaining size and strength than training the parts in isolation. and speaking of the parts, you're missing the point of the squat if you're talking about "legs". look up all the different muscle groups involved in the squat. there are a shit ton.

First, stop trying to justify not squatting.
Second, learn to love the squat.

Third, make it.

Squats & oats
CMON!!

Did a squat PR of 170 kg last week, 5ft6" 180lbs
I have definitely learned to love the squat

>5ft6

Doesn't count, you're as tall as a toddler and dont even go low.

This guy is right.

If you went to the gym for a year and did nothing BUT squats, your entire body would get bigger. Not as big as if you included other movements, but you'd still come out looking better than you did when you went in.

Deadlifts on their own are literally enough for lower body development for a person who just lifts recreationally. Squatting is more so necessary if you want to absolute maximize your results, or for that last 5-10%.

In my opinion unless you're planning on competing in bodybuilding/powerlifting/competitive sports, there's no point doing most of the lifts people often recommend.

And I'm saying this as someone who squats. I am confident I could very easily maintain 90-95% of my lower body gains by just deadlifting, and nothing else.

You're making squats for deadlifts.

Deadlifts work the quads, calves, hamstrings, glutes, traps, lats, core and to some minor degree your arms and deltoid's.

Squats mainly work quads, hamstrings, glutes, lats, calves. They don't have any effect on traps and arms/delts as mentioned with deadlifts.

>who transfers the force from the barbell to your legs
>what are abs, obliques, erectors
>what is the kinetic chain

>2016
>falling for this bullshit.

Probably, but it will be much harder and you'll need to do more supplementary exercises in order to hit all the muscles squats do

>used to do leg press
>got up to 150kg, thought my legs were somewhat strong
>squat 60kg for a session
>next day have doms in my entire lower body
>never again, leg press

Hiw do i use my quads In the deadlift senpai, I've been stiff leg deadlifting my way to 3 plates since I started 3 months ago, also I don't skwat

yea bro my arms got huge from all the squatting

Do uphill sprints.

You're stiff legging because you'll naturally do what you're strongest at, and if you don't squat, your quads will be much weaker than hammies, so you'll stiff leg. For more leg drive/quads, work your legs & quads

High-gear uphill biking

but you'd look horrible you'd have no arms and little pec/shoulder development

You fell for the Squat everyday meme. You're autistic friendo

Why would you not do one or the other if improving one, transfers to the other? If you don't care about making decent progress, then yeah only squat or only deadlift. But whatever lift you do suffers, because you're not doing the other

Squating for mass is a meme.

It is a great loft and everyone should learn it but desu cycling hard everyday is just as good if not better for massive quads.

you're delusional if you don't think track cyclists do lower body strength training.

I'll have to start doing front squats, I tried to do squats this afternoon and I just good morninged them

Squats require more core stabilization due to the bar being high on your torso.

Deadlifts require more back work and hip hinge work.

You'd be t-rex mode.

Pretty much my point, you can feel the burn on quads when you do leg press, but how about all the other muscles etc you'll need to get developed for bigger legs?

I have big legs from bicycling. You can spot any decent biker by their strong lower body

You're delusional if you think those legs aren't from cycling.

The double hover hand pose

>I have big legs from bicycling.

Sure you do. In fact, you absolutely do.

But they are, user, they are

>from cycling substances

Squats are easier than deadlifts though.

Quite (fully) the opposite.

Even failing while DLing is harmless.

This,weight training is mandatory for athletes after reaching a certain level.

lol, squats work lats? wtf are you talking about. maybe as a stabilizer, but that's hardly worth mentioning

I am a T-Rex
I started at 2pl8
I am at 4pl8 after one month
I am a former fatty
I carried it all fat on my torso
And so I pray
Unlimited quads works

Compared to the rest of my DYEL body I've got big legs

Just do what I did and become a sprinter
Gym wise just do leg press and leg extensions

how the fuck do people do (relatively) heavy squats with no rack?

For, not from.

Bicycling is easy mode