Most people grossly overestimate the amount of protein they need

Most people grossly overestimate the amount of protein they need.

How do you determine how much you really need?

As a Manlet (5'7) after nearly 5 years lifting I found the sweet spot to be around 100-150g.

how much do you want to weigh x .9 for me

50-60g max

excess is actually bad because it taxes the liver and renal system

Stay dyel

That's for sedentary people.
If you're not a lazy fuck, then you're going to need more protein and obviously more calories in general to perform optimally.

>Bro science is my favorite science

All of it.

>it's another not so thinly veiled vegan thread

1g per pound of bodyweight, just like bodybuilders have been doing for decades. If you want to minimize your gains then feel free to eat your 50 grams of plant protein (which is more likely 20-25 because of the shit bioavailability).

For someone just beginning to lift 1g/lb bodyweight

For a more experienced lifter about 0.8g/lb

>it's the way it was so it must always be this way

No, it was that way and it worked, then science corroborated it. The sweet spot for protein is 1.8g per kg to 2.2 g per kg. It's better to be on the higher end so you can ensure you get the most out of your training. Sure, you can eat a quarter of that and make a quarter of the gains, but barring extreme poverty, why would you waste your time and efforts like that?

6 grams for every gram of bodyweight
Gotta eat big to get big, C'MON

.82 g / lb bodymass is the one that seems scientifically supported

any more and youre probably just feeding the whey kikes

you would probably fall for pic related as well

Can you people not read? See

What I wrote said essentially the same as the post you put up. 1.8 g/kg to 2.2 g/kg is ideal. Obviously it was implied that I meant for lifters because not many other people come here.

Been looking for that thanks man

>not many other people come here.
95% of the people here dont even lift

I have no research to back this up, just a few years lifting w/ fit

.8 g per lb
+2g per compound that day
+1g per minor lift, hlr, calf raise,etc
+3g per year lifted (discounting any breaks or off days if there were any)
+2 per mile ran
-1g per awake sedentary hour

I eat 100g a day.

Of dog shit?

Changing your protein consumption based on what you did a specific day doesn't seem like the best idea. Recovery and strengthening of muscle fibers is a process that takes different periods of time depending on the body part and the intensity at which it was trained, but is definitely not a matter of your macros on the very day you lifted the weight.

>Endurance athlete barely better than sedentary person

Runfags BTFO

If anything, you should eat more protein on days when you have a calorie defecit

Y do they cum here then

I can't afford meat, what can i replace it with to hit my need at 6'6"?
I am considering buying that stuff made out if milk, like whipped cream but different

bullshit that is like 1/4 chicken breast

Why the massive dip at 6-7 reps?

Eggs

tried them, but they give me painful gays after couple of days

Dunno, I don't even measure that shit. I don't pay any attention to my diet when bulking because I know I'll have enough protein, and when I'm cutting I do pay attention to eating more protein-rich foods.

Can't believe I once found the dieting the hardest part about lifting/fitness.

Hmm fish?!

It's a meme you dip

A gram per pound of lean body mass is what i shoot for.
Because an obese person trying to get 300 grams of protein is stupid if he has 160lbs of lean mass.