QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I know cardio kills gains but if cutting it out is not an option what's the solution? Do I just have to eat A LOT to keep my gains alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap/
m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
twohundredsitups.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why cutting is not an option? Just eat below maintenance.

Is SS actually good or a meme?

I've lost weight via dieting and am now skinnyfat and want to lift. Am losing my gym virginity tomorrow.

Don't know what routine to do.

Start with SS and if you don't think it's effective enough for you, look for a different routine.

Cutting is an option, but I'm not tryna cut I'm tryna gain mass

How the fuck do I into neck gains?

If you wanna do SS properly you gotta read the book

Is my asthma medication going to help me with fat-loss?

i have 2 5kg dumbbells lying around, can anyone give me a workout routine to get started on? dont have access to a gym right now

I have a year before I get access to a gym when I transfer to uni and get a free membership.
Can't afford a membership until then.
Can I make any progress at all if I keep up my bodyweight routines?
Will a years worth of body weight and curling book bags do anything?
I've been "lifting" for 2 months, and I've definitely seen progress but I might hit my limit fast and have an underdeveloped chest.

Squats for legs
Over head press for traps and shoulders and a little bit of tris
curls for biceps
If you have a bench then bench press for chest, if no bench then lying pullover for chest.

Pushups and chin/pullups are also great exercises you should add if keen.

5kg dumbells aren't much, so go until failure for each exercise with the dumbells. do 3 or 5 sets depending on how good you think you are. Rest 3+ minutes between sets to failure.

I cant find the motivation to lift today
I got a back workout planned but i cant...muster the will to go to the gym

I want to fuck, i havent busted a nut for so long and lifting isnt getting me any closer to this goal.
How the fuck do i find motivation?

What do you guys think of the diet advice on fa?

Full advice: m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE

Eat a pizza, snack some chocolate watch a movie and drink some coke

P sure carrots aren't starchy carbs
Also coffee is good for the liver

total noob skelly here, let me just summarise what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong

1. eat A LOT
2. get fat
3. SS until not fat

repeat

is this the gist of it??

also secondary question, can I just spam soda and junk food etc to get fat? I'm 20 so my body can take it. I have a tiny appetite otherwise, those seem like quick calories

ANSWERS REALLY APPRECIATED!!11

Get fat while doing SS, not before

I can't do regular squats because of my bell is it alright to do sumo squats and still see gains.

oh WUT. sticky said something about hitting 15% bodyfat then lifting? im literally 2% bf right now.

so basically its

1. eat A LOT, get fat and SS at same time
and repeat?

what was that I read about bulking and cutting season and etc? im confus. thank you so far btw

Is the "becoming a supple leopard" book in the Mobility WOD link on the sticky worth getting?

Is it better to drink 3L water over the entire day or is it ok if i drink it in one hour?
I always forget to drink enough so its better for me to just drink it in one sitting.

your body can only hold a maximum of 2.5l, any more and you piss it out

I've read the entirety of the sticky and i plan to start lifting at least 3 days a week, but I'm still confused. Should i start clean bulking to gain weight, or just eat at maintenence while lifting? Currently 6 foot, 165 pounds eating ~1500 calories a day to stay at that weight.

Ok, thanks

YES great for lifters entering intermediate stage, now starting to push their horribly immobile bodies

I have the same question. What's all this about bulking/cutting season if we just eat and lift all year long?

Will being a toe walker affect my legs long term? Feel real pain in my shins. I think its cause of a short achilles tendon

cardio killing gains comes from it burning further calories
since classic bulking means having a caloric surplus, you would have to eat enough calories to be over your tdee and calories spent from cardio and training.
i guess theres no other way

>m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE
seems pretty solid, certainly well rounded, focuses on important things allover, but doesnt get overly scientific.
i dont really enjoy prohibiting things, such as not eating red meat or bread at all. As far as calories and nutrient spread you should be able to eat anything, as long as its properly portioned
Although, since its advice for the fashion niche i guess its acceptable to prohibit this sort of stuff since i never looked into the impact of those things to your skin and hair w/e
(coffee does fuck up your skin apparently, doesnt matter how healthy it may be)

first off you are certainly not 2% bf, really. if you were, you would be at serious health risk and should be able to see abs and muscle striations and whatever

the idea for SS for beginners is to increase muscle mass. for that you must lift and eat enough calories for you to have a caloric surplus, which means eating enough to cover your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories you spend training, and a bit more so you actually increase in weight (200 - 500 kcals is what i would reccommend)
eating a caloric surplus is a bulk, you increase muscle mass and end up colaterally increasing in fat
(you also need to eat enough proteins, micronutrients and stuff for it to work)
for that fat to go away and you turn into a SHREDDED CUNT you gotta cut, which means you still lift, but you eat calories at a caloric deficit, so you have to burn fat

>numerical example
>me, at 185cm and 85kg
TDEE: 2,962 kcal (got from a random tdee calculator on the internet
bulking: 2,962 + 300 = 3262kcal
cutting: 2,962 - 300 = 2662kcal

I have been following starting strength from july and made some decent strength increases, I joined a Gym and went every morning. there was only one squat rack there but I had acess to it because the gym was empty.

I have now started working and now goto the gym after work int he evening, as going in the morning is no longer an option. THat squat rack and the two barbells are in constant use, to use them i'd have to wait ages, and even when i do people want to use them between my sets, which is pain in the ass. A routine which took me ~40 minutes is now taking an hour and a half sue to waiting around. I only have a one month membership left at this gym and want to join one that better equipped, my dilema now is I can no longer afford to do barbell work at this gym, so what would you reccomend?

I have acess to a full range of resistance machines and a decent set of dubells which increase in 2kg incraments. My issue with the dumbells is I cannot use them to do a SS type programme because I cannot modify the weight on them and therefore cannot follow a linear progression.

Can anyone reccomend me a good routine I can follow, one which perhaps wont have the great results like SS, but will atleast give me some results for the next month?

>even when i do people want to use them between my sets, which is pain in the ass
Tough titty. That's life in commercial gyms.

honestly, just wait it out.

ask to work in, bring a book to read while you wait for the brain gains.

if your time is REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking important (which it isn't, because you're on Veeky Forums), then try this

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap/

fucking Veeky Forums shits on reddit but its a reasonable dumbbell program.

Can I do one plank at a time to failure several times throughout the day, or would it be better to do sets of multiple reps fewer times a day?

what do you guys reckon would be a decent macronutrient split while clean bulking? ive been working with 50%/25%/25% carbs fats protein, which amounts to 200g protein, but i always end up spending my fats early in the day and lacking carbs
would switching to 45/30/25 fuck up something or is it fine?

>bring a book to read

This. I'm really impatient so if I don't bring a book I have trouble waiting for people, and I don't take enough time resting between sets.

Get the cheapest type of Kindle and pirate all the books you've ever wanted to read.

Are there any reliable ways to exted your penis dimensions without any damage or ED?
7.5X5.75, but I want to ascend to god levels of 8X6
Links to exercises would be appreciated.

Are pushups better with chest touching the ground, or chest remaining elevated to prevent yourself from falling flat?

What whey powder should I get?
I want one without any chemicals or anything in it. Just raw powder. Protein content has to be reasonable, but I am more concerned about the harmful metals in it.

Hey guys,

every time I do dips, I get intense pain in the middle of my breast around the sternum after finishing my reps (3x10). Why is this? It doesn't feel like muscle pain at all, more like stress of the bone framework.

Had my viking summer, now I intend to part with my glorious mane and am in dire need of hairstyle suggestions.

>inb4 trim that fuckin stubble
Pics were taken after 5 days of seaside camping, what the fuck would you expect

So what do you ACTUALLY eat? I know that I should be eating chicken, eggs, vegetables, fruit, but like what meals and dishes do you actually make out of this small range of foods and when do you have them?

I'd love if someone could tell me exactly what they ate today or yesterday and at what times; what they had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.

m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
You're welcome

It probably isn't the most balanced but I usually make a huge pot of chili/pasta/stew (you get the idea) and just eat that until it runs out. If I'm feeling frisky I'll have a few pbj or some oatmeal throughout the day, maybe some eggs for dinner. I try to make meals where I can make a lot at once but it has a lot of ingredients so hopefully I'm not missing too many nutrients.

uh you dont need to limit to only that yknow
you can eat fish, red meat, any sort of bean, rice, bread

>rice
on that subject: does it have to be brown? why?
>bread
I've heard conflicting information about that

+breakfast: oatmeal, little bit of honey, milk, 1/3 scoop whey
lunch: sandwich (3~4 slices turkey, slice o cheese, tortilla because >bread), some greek yogurt, piece of fruit
dinner: if not leftovers, then i cook 2~2.5 pounds of meat with a can of kidney beans and a can/handful of veggies. lasts 4 days minimum
or i cook fish or someting not so simple

Not him but the difference between brown and white rice is negligible. Eat what you like better. As far as bread goes, the only people who speak against it are moms on facebook who claim 90% of foods are going to give everyone cancer.

I'm about 5 ft 10 and 236lb and on a 2000 kcal cut, lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 2 times (1hr on the bike, burning about 800 kcal if my suunto is telling me right). I feel like shit, tired and hungry. Should I eat more? How much?

Last week I strained my middle deltoid, and i've been staying out of the gym to take it easy since.
While moving my arm doesn't hurt much, there are still a areas that hurt when my arm is moved around there (generally over my head)
Aside from doing some light rehab exercises, is there anything else I can do? Should I wait until I have no more pain before going back and doing my workouts? Could I do my splits with lighter weight just to keep active?
Its only been a week but no lifting is getting to me. I feel humanity returning

You should only be eating 500 calories under your TDEE. Any less than that and you'll lose muscle.

honestly no

just deal with it

im 4.7x5.2 but whatever

shitty genetics

Please someone respond

eat maintenance while lifting. do a recomp.

get in 80% of your bodyweight in protein in grams

so if you weigh 140 pounds, get 110 grams of protein in

when you start stalling bump up the calories. you shouldn't stall for a while though.

Plow through it. It will not get easier per se, you'll simply acclimatize your body to the new conditions it has to live under.

>t. lardball who went on strict 1500cal diet for 6months. Best decision of my life.

Thank you so much. Is there a specific routine on the sticky you reccomend? SS? I weigh 165lbs so i should get ~140ish g of protien? Also how many calories should i be eating?

eat at your TDEE. I don't know what it is, use a calculator

freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

It'll be different for everyone : for the first two weeks monitor your weight. if you lose weight, add 100 calories to your diet, if you gain weight, minus 100 calories. Repeat until you dont lose or gain weight at all. You have calculated your TDEE

Honestly, 140g should be okay. maybe get a bit more in.

SL 5x5 or SS should be okay. The important thing is you start lifting.

I got Osgood-Schlatters when I turned 16.
Now it's a few years later and my knee still hurts like shit when I try to do squats. What the hell am I supposed to for legs besides Leg Press/Curl and calf raises?

Thanks a lot! I guess I'll get 2-300 more and let them be protein.

You dont realize how much of a help you've been, thanks.

If I have lost weight with a TDEE, should I update my calorie intake after some kilograms?

I was eating 1100 but my new tdee indicates to eat 1000 cals a day, I'm not so sure about that

brown rice has a lower glicemic index, so its absorbed slower by the body
this amounts to giving you a fuller sensation and should help if youre diabetic, not much else

Doing ss. Want to start alternating between front and back squats. Would front squats on deadlift day n back squats on power clean day be good or the other way around?

Is it viable to bench/squat/deadlift heavier than your usual working set once a week? Like instead of benching your working set 3x5 you bench heavy as you can for like 3x1?

That's basically a half-assed texas method, man.

I'm on a linear progression and doing nice progress on weighted chinups. Around what weight will I be able to do one handed chinups?
My answer would be when I can add my bodyweight to the chinup but I see more people doing one handed chins than doing +70 kg ones. Do any of you have experience on this?

Just found this site

twohundredsitups.com/

Is it legit? Just finished the initial test. Only managed to do 14. Should i follow the program strictly? I'm thinking of ditching the rest day and compress two week course into one week. Will it hurt my muscle? I'm overweight with 29.3 BMI btw.

I got a nice square jaw and high cheek bones but I got puffy/fatty cheeks
how do I fix this? I'm not higher than 15% bf, probs 14 right now

Is there anything bad about eating 1 meal a day instead of 3 meals a day as long as I eat the same amount of calories?

Whats a good way to start working on cardio?

Posting on both QTDDTOT because I can't tell which is active:
all 5x5 except diddly 1x5
Press:125 lbs.
Bench: 175 lbs.
Squat: 225 lbs.
Diddly: 335 lbs.

I am continuously progressing in all of my lifts except for my squat. Anything 200+ lbs. gives me a bad pain in my right hip aductor, right in the crease of my right leg/pubis. It started at lock out, and now also hurts at the bottom of the movement. I have been doing daily mobility exercises and do well to stretch before and after. Resistance bands not an option atm because home gym and no job. Also that means I'm working with just a power rack so any replacement exercise would have to be done with a barbell.

I've deloaded and worked back up multiple times but it nothing seems to help. What do Veeky Forums

Recently I had some guys give me shit because I'll use Rockstar as a caffeine source on race day mornings (I'm a bicycle road racer). Why would they do that? Coffee upsets my digestion if I'm going to go work hard on the bike in a road race for a few hours, and frankly Rockstar seems to get me going better than coffee does anyway. If I'm only using them once a week on weeks when I'm racing, how bad could they really be for me? Seriously, it's not like I drink them at any other time.

Just tell them to fuck off I'd they don't want to feel like a rockstar

Switch to front squats

Might have more GI distress. Better for insulin sensitivity though

Maybe this deserves it's own thread, I dunno. I'm finally taking fitness seriously and I'm curious how much Veeky Forumsizens pay per month for a gym membership?

Is this reliable?

I get this as well sometimes someone respond to this

I'm not familiar with metal content of whey, but whey isolate has the greatest amount of protein per serving.

>going in the morning is no longer an option
why not?

What would replace 3 in 1/2/3/4 for front squats?

No it's mediocre

It's fucking up your cartilage just don't do dips

1/2/3/4 is dumb just make progress and don't be a pussy

Yes. You got it.

when you do barbell shrugs should you scalpulate your shoulders

What is a good pre workout supplement available in Europe? What should a good pre workout contain?

coffee

140mg seems to be enough for me atm, other day took 180mg and felt like I had sniffed coke

Gracias

Hi my mum gave my pic related and a barbell ,how to make the best of them?

Sell for scrap, use money to get gym membership.

To what extent does OHP work your chest? Is it primarily upper chest?

Bonus question if anyone wants to have a shot. I can OHP 50kg for 6 reps, what should my bench 5RM be?

Throw aside, use only the barbell

How do I work out my penis? I need more muscle

headbang
no shit, im not fucking kidding you, look up corey taylor and corpsegrinder, they have fucking huge necks
also if you want to look like a huge retard you can do neck iso

>viking hairstyle
wew lad
>suggestions
cant go wrong with a high and tight or something like a recon cut. I went from shaved sides and 28 in on the top to recon cut and it was still pretty nice

I've gone from 188 lbs to 183 lbs at 6ft2 over a period of 8 weeks, having my weight loss being about .625 pounds per week. I know that's on point with my TDEE - 500 I've been doing. But I wonder if that's not fast enough? I know the sticky says to not starve yourself by dropping 1000 kcals off your TDEE, but I'm wanting to hit my goal BF% before I do my first bulk. At this rate it'll be 3 to 4 months before I hit that goal and even bulk.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I on the right path?

I'm 15 lbs above my goal weight, I'm cutting. I want to just reach my goal so I can bulk again.

What if I walk every day until I burn 500 kcals? If I don't eat the kcals back and I keep dieting I should stay at a easy 800-1000 deficit without eating like a little bird and be over with it fast.

>about .625 pounds per week. I know that's on point with my TDEE - 500
TDEE - 500 = 1 lb/week

is there a difference between these exercises:

standing ohp and seated ohp (other than one is done sitting)

barbell deadlifts vs trap bar deadlifts

Does anyone else make Veeky Forums cottage cheese ice cream? (some variation of cottage cheese, peanut butter, +/- brotein powder, sweetner, etc)

I'd like to make ti in advance but the shit starts freezing solid in like, 3 hours. Would this be mitigated with an ice cream machine?

how do I get arms like these?

Is there a good tool for working out macros, calories, etc about, or do I just have to do it the hard way with product labels and shit?

I'd love something like a basic Veeky Forums meal plan if one exists too