Are potatoes a Veeky Forums approved food?

Are potatoes a Veeky Forums approved food?

why the fuck wouldn't they be

>I only eat food approved by a gathering of autists

Helps a lot with acido-basic stuff so yeah it is

Sure why not? Lots of vitamins and carbs for lifting. One of my favorite breakfast foods.

yeah, it balances the ph levels in your body.

You would need to buy organic though. all root vegetables accumulate high amounts of pesticides inside the root. So better spend a few more bucks and be free of pesticides.

They are the right kind of carbs you fucking faggot

No. Sweet potatoes are cooler.

Best carbs out there

This but they're more expensive.

Also, in regards to potaters: You are able live your entire life only eating potatoes and butter - they have all the nutrition you need to survive.

On a related note: How do people eat their sweet potatoes? My dining hall has baked sweet potatoes, but I need ideas on what to eat with them.

They're great for quick cuts too. Eat nothing but potatoes for a week.

In another pan bake ground beef and veggies. Mash sweet potato and with pumpkin. Goat cheese in top.

Throw in the oven.

Love taters, love sweet taters even more.

1. chop into cubes and heat them up in a pan, put them on salad
2. baked sweet potato
3. grilled with ground beef
4. chop up and put in an omelette (had that for breakfast today)

they are if you cook them, not if they're chips you mongoloid

Which potato to eat Veeky Forums? Regular, red skinned, sweet? So many choices and they're all good

Food doesn't affect blood pH levels. Your blood HAS to stay at very narrow range or you'll die. It's auto regulated with a substance that can be switched between a weak base or acid to maintain blood pH. You're believing the worst of mom/vegan bullshit.

yes, slice em into fingers dip them in hot oil and dump cheese bacon and sour cream on them to cool it off so u can eat them 4 maximum gains bruh

Probably single greatest carb source in terms of versatility and satiety. Not to mention cheap as fuck. They only get a bad rep by paleo retards and from the fast food industry adding trans fats and making them fries.

>carbs

No molybdenum and actually no complete protein either. Potatoes and cheese/milk would be pretty close

Potatoes still have an insane amount of micros though.

>They only get a bad rep by paleo retards

Did cavemen not dig up potatoes?

That sounds godly, thanks user

Do I remove them from the hot oil to cool them off, or just dump in all in?

heard you were talking shit

Ofcourse they did, but most people who do paleo don't know shit from shinola about actual paleolithic nutrition so they usually demonize every carb that isn't a cruciferous vegetable and follow whatever the fuck Dr. Cordain says without reading a basic nutrition book.

I fucking love potatoes

> be me
> Irish

Feels good that we invented something as delicious as the potato, you're welcome world.

0/10

>claiming the Maltese gold was invented in Ireland

What is homeostasis any........

You COULD live like that, but you'd be in shit health. Vitamins aren't all that matter.

Potatoes have an amino acid score of 109 actually

Damn user, when I'm wrong I'm wrong

>62kg adult

Clearly needs to eat more potatoes

Yes

baked potatoe has been a god send on my cut

b-but I'm a girl?

C E N T R A L F L O R I D A
E
N
T
R
A
L
Fuck you this isn't spam
L
O
R
I
D
A

High test or GTFO

like any food it has pros and cons

PRO
Reduces isomorphic phenol levels
Boosts testosterone
High complex carbs
High satiety score
Lots of vitamins
Low in memes
Cost

CON
Increases blood cholesterol levels
High in neurotoxins
Low mineral balance profile
Increases estrogen levels
Accelerates insulin stimulus response
Linked to cystic fibrosis

>Boosts testosterone
>Increases estrogen levels
Isn't this contradictory?

You can survive off boiled tree bark as well but you'll have tons of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Just like with potatoes. Sweet potatoes have more vit/min but you'll still be missing out on half the required stuff. Protein being a main problem. Your muscles will wither away.

That's a lie many paleo eat regular and sweet potato.

No. Is it contradictory to say that the number of Christians and Muslims in a country is increasing?

reads basic nutrition book written by grok.
just squiggly lines

I was just asking from ignorance.

>potatoes increase blood cholesterol levels

???

Not gril but also cf here. Ucf?

Sorry I was smug. The answer is no, you can increase the levels of both. Men and women both produce testosterone and estrogen anyway. They don't cancel out, they do different things. But obviously they interfere with each other.

An what happens when you have high levels of both?

Oh man seasoned potato halves in the oven are like a gods gifts to humanity.

I have no idea why some people love to eat pasta as a side-dish when both potatoes and rice are far tastier and healthier

a good source of complex carbs you can eat all the time for carbs and it's one of the very few good sources of potassium

whole grain pasta > potatoes health wise
the only healthy potatoes are the colored ones like red and purple all others cause inflammation
brown rice is also good

Stuff/top them like you would an ordinary baked potato. My personal favourite is with some slightly cooked cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta. Some other favourites include:

>cheddar and bacon
>salt and butter or a little cream cheese
>beans
>fried eggs
>chilli
>Thai curry
>sliced chicken breast and parmesan
>etc

The possibilities are endless.

If they're baked properly, they should be great as-is.

I'm Irish too. We didn't even have potatoes until they were brought over after the discovery of the Americas. That's a really short period of time in the grand scheme of things.

amerindians invented potatoes though...

I tried eating close to nothing but potatoes. I'd get heart palpitations after eating 2 in one sitting...I read that was a sign of possible diabetes so it scared the shit out of me.

Either this:
>cooked in the oven, open in the middle and put it black beans, avocado and quinoa
or this:
>chopped like fries with salt, garlic powder, pepper and chilli powder

You can't be fucking serious. I'm history illiterate and I know it was brought from the Americas.

s-source..?

So what? Tomatoes came from the Americas and noodles from Asia and yet Italians make the best pasta. It's fair game saying that the Irish are to thank for potatoes.

I love that this implies christians are testosterone and muslims are estrogen when the other way around makes sense too

sweet potatoes masterace reporting.

>It's fair game saying that the Irish are to thank for potatoes.

No. It's really not.

Look at this Basically do a shepherd's pie, but use ground turkey instead of beef, and mashed sweet potatoes or yams instead of yukon gold. Fucking GOAT for high protein low fat.

>more expensive

get a better job faggot

>"inventing" a root vegetable

>what is selective breeding

Fermented and distilled with a splash of tonic water. What's not to like?

I've got bad news for you, user.
>Isabella is transgender, and in early 2014, transitioned her Rabbit persona from male to female to coincide with her own transition as a transgender woman.[1] In June 2014, she stated on the website Tumblr that her legal name would be Isabella "Bunny" Bennett. These changes were legally finalized 22 January 2016.[3][4]

trashman recently lost over 100 pounds by eating just potatoes for four months

neat

>Rabbit persona
Dafuq is a rabbit persona?

wtf

are you fucking with me? this looks like a joke picture but when him up there are a ton of pics like this

is he dying or something? jesus fucking christ he looks like he's about to fucking drop

Actually, he got a venereal disease from some raw eggs that left him bedridden for about half a year. It took most of the weight off him, and he just hasn't been gaining it back.

lmao u wot

Dude, shut the fuck up. Go back to tumblr.

>he's not secure enough in his masculinity to fuck a qt trap

Never going to make it.

thumbnail looked like currywurst

they looked more delicious

Welp, I'm having shepherd's pie every night now. That sounds legit.

Not her, but I grew up in central FL. Living in DC now.

Come back :(

Just because people call you potato niggers does not mean you invented the things mate

They looked like assorted dildos and butt-plugs (so yes, more delicious).

kek

this

Kek

Neither of these are true. I listened to his podcast.

He went to the doctor, got diagnosed with hypertension and told it was genetic and to start taking medication. He questioned the doc a bit and realized that genetics weren't his problem, he was hypertensive because he was overweight (like his parents were, hence "genetics"). He contacted his friend who's good with diet stuff and went on a very strict diet because he wanted to lose as much weight as fast as possible while eating foods that lower blood pressure. The diet he went on had no animal products at all, no oil or other added fats, and no salt. Basically 1 meal in the middle of the day made of whole grains and vegetables. One of his favorites was black rice (not wild rice) stewed with tomatoes and spinach. He lost weight fast as fuck and avoided having to take medication. His maintenance diet now is less strict but still along the same lines, being a pescetarian diet based on Joel Fuhrman's "eat to live" plan, made of mostly vegetables, beans, fruits, nuts, whole grains, and salmon once or twice a week.