Can Veeky Forums ever recover?

Damn... Really makes you think...

Maybe we are not so Veeky Forums afterall

Why does everything have to be a competition? Why can't you do martial arts and lift? Nothing wrong in doing any one of them if you are trying to improve yourself.

I've seen this shit mentality only in America. Everything is us vs them

Weightlifters literally arent fit though
Most are about as healthy as an obese couch potato

I felt like you beta user then I threw in 30 min cardio plus pull-up, dips, chinups, and push-ups to failure. NOW ME > Piana... Murph!

That's a load of shit. That mentality is found around the world, and I have personally witnessed it in France, the UK, Canada, and Mexico.

In France, Algerian migrants would very nearly trample each other for the chance to scam tourists and steal wallets, as French police looked on in apathy. In the UK and Canada, groups pit themselves against each based on weakly defined class or cultural groups (fuck Quebec). In Mexico, they just fuck each other over for no reason, apparently just for the hell of it.

No, you are describing a human problem that you are part of.

I think the point of the pic was its pointless to be fit to lift heavy things when you can lift to fight

cause.. fk liberals and commies bro

Literal reason i started BJJ to go alongside my 5RM's. Feels like an accomplishment I can use now.

>I've seen this shit mentality only in America. Everything is us vs them
americans are too simple to understands concepts more complicated than black and white or us against them

It's not America, it's the Internet. Everybody's first reaction to seeing something impressive is to figure out reasons why actually it isn't impressive at all and anyone could do that if they wanted to. It's pretty gay.

This. People would rather deconstruct success than appreciate it.

well yea that's because fighting is a skill not a level of fitness you stupid fuck.

that's like saying, you got nice fingers, but you can't play piano

Well, I mean, the internet is an American creation after all

Yes they are two different things.

Yes, it is actually covered in the "how to be a gym hater" video by Dom "bigger than Bradley" Mazzetti

physical fighting is for lower class scum. why would I want to be good at that? I have literally never been in a serious fight and never will.

that guy looks stupid

honestly i probably will never be in a fight too but its fun

boxing is one of my favourite physical activities even though i suck shit at it

it helps relieve stress and you use those gains of yours to good use

If you think that you can reach your greatest fighting potential without increasing strength you are a retard. As for you wimpy pacifist in this thread, life is war you are here today because some motherfucker brained another guy to death and took the spoils of conquest. Even if you think this is wrong the only way to prevent your own potential demise is being prepared to fight. Rrrewwwaaaarrr

combat sports are fun. also you probably aren't good at anything, so i am literally not taking you seriously and never will.

Implying that's needed in a first world country.

My former MT coach (he's a national champion in kickboxing and MT rules) used to post shit like this all the time. I always thought it was so weird that you can be that successful and still act like such a child.

he was jacked too which was the weird thing.

agreed

>combat sports are fun

i bet cte is fun too

You sound like a faggot.

When did you come back and why?

It's true that insecurities are loud kek

I'll crush your neck single-handedly anytime

been here intermittently for the past few months.

i missed Veeky Forums. don't have anyone to talk about fitness related with irl.

The training regiment for fighting itself is more practical

>builds endurance
>self defense
>build some sort of strength and hypertrophy
>healthier in the long run (no pun intended)

I bet you that the ones who are sharing those shitty memes on facebook are neither fit or competent at fighting.

>don't have anyone to talk about fitness related with irl
Home gym?

Even the animals are smart enough to avoid unnecessary fights.

Being able to physically fight is useless. We are human. Are skill set is dependent on three things:

- Endurance
- Hunting in groups
- Tools

Brute force is a last resort and usually doesn't work.

nah, 24 hour gym and i go late so i'm usually the only one there.

>Being able to physically fight is useless

i don't think it's useless but to be good at something you need practical experience, and practical experience when it comes to fighting involves getting hit. even amateur boxers have signs of abnormal brain function.

narcissist era

I think this is the best post in the thread. I guarantee that posting Facebook memes like this are reserved almost solely for the ones most insecure about their own fitness on a subconscious level but say that it's ok because they consider themselves good at fighting, not realizing Jamal or Jose will probably just stab or shoot them to death if they tried to use their supper cool BJJ moves on them instead of being quicker on the draw.