What do you guys think of Tilapia?

What do you guys think of Tilapia?

It's ok but tilapia is a bottom tier fish.

Its mushy, also flavorless for fish. I say its even worse than catfish. Cuz you can at least fry even non breaded catfish to make it better.

with decent seasoning it's honestly no that bad.

If you can get past its mushy consistency, then sure, its "tolerable".

Fresh dill makes it perfect (read: bearable)

literally a different tasting chicken living in water

not vegan

I prefer white rock fish
>mild flavor
>stays firm when cooked
>fatty AF
I like to cook mine in the rice with veggies and Chile's for kick, then serve with beans. Top with avocado onion and cilantro. Fucking great

Good if it fits into your diet.

I eat 6oz tilapia per day.

>post in bait in a fish thread
Meta af

It's kind of dumb. It's still more expensive than chicken and you're not getting the benefits of quality fish; Tilapia is a pretty shitty source of omega-3's. Not QUITE as bad as eating nuts for Omega-3's but it really is bottom-tier fish. They are also high in Omega-6, which, combined with low Omega-3's, is not ideal. (Generally you want to keep the ratio of 6 vs 3 to at least 1:2.)

And finally, unlike good fish, it's just not very tasty.

Overall, lose-lose.

I just bought two, two pound bags of it. It has a shit load of protein in it.

If you like it enjoy it user. Just supplement fish oil if youre concerned but protein is protein. Its not the devil like sugar and other shit

> doesn't have the oils of fatty fish.
> doesn't have the protein of chicken breast
> doesn't really have great flavor

It isn't bad per-say, but it isn't really good either. Stick with chicken, or pick good fish.

Chicken gets kind of boring after 5 months of eating it every night with brown rice and green veg.

It's not terrible, but you really shouldn't think of it as your source of fish. It's really just another fairly lean meat.

I still buy it sometimes too, because I'm fucking really tired of chicken breast. I'll buy quarters, thighs, whatever, just rarely chicken breast.

rat of the sea
Reserved only for animals and the poorest of the poor

Shit I remember those days. Hence why I still don't eat chicken breast as stated here: .

Yeah I could slow cook it and blah blah blah, but I could also just slow cook a whole chicken and have something even tastier. Min/maxing protein sources down to that degree is just not enjoyable.

Yeah. Our local store has whole chickens right now for a decent price. I'm super tempted to buy a couple and put 'em in the crock pot with some potatoes and onions.

You take that back you son of a bitch

>"per-say"
>"say"

this guy gets it

Cod / Salmon / Tuna / catfish > Tilapia

The English language and I have always had a tumultuous relationship. But after 35 years together, we try not to let the little things come between us.

flavorless, bland garbage

almost no omega 3 fats, dont eat it

cod and salmon are preferred, but with enough lemon pepper, tilapia is ok. There is a bunch in my freezer that might exprie before I am forced to eat it.

I do parsley and parmesan on it. Doesn't taste like death. Another option is vinegar but I'm not a fan. Or lemon pepper. Or dill. There you go.

My high school us history teacher said tilapia is "practically a vegetable"

This thread is a little too productive for my liking.

>expert in propaganda subject
>doesnt know shit about basic biology
Blue pilled cuck desu

THIS^^^^^

Is cod ok? Will I die of mercury poisoning?

Cod is ok

I'd you know how to cook it's delicious. Most of the people complaining of it being mushy need to try preparing it in a different manner

>more expensive
I have seen it as low as $2 a lb that are individually packaged frozen fillets for easy cooking.

I don't know why anyone eats it when there are so many other types of fish. Is it supposed to be more healthy?

Salmon is my favorite. It might even be up there with steak as my favorite meat.

it's cheap. that's pretty much it.

What do you guys think of Tuna fish?

GOAT for protein and flavour (especially albacore sashimi). But utter shit for mercury content.